Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 3xsacharmsotheysay
Msg: 34
First Date Expectations - Over 50Page 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
It's called STANDING UP AND WALKING AWAY! ^^^^^^ OR SWIMMING IN CALMS CASE
 Moonchild51
Msg: 35
view profile
History
First Date Expectations - Over 50
Posted: 10/15/2011 1:29:23 PM
It has been stated here that better screening of a potential person before you meet would help you avoid being groped. Not true, not at all. One can chat via email, phone quite a few times and then be met with a total surprise upon meeting in the physical. That is why I ALWAYS meet in a public place.
 ladyc4
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/15/2011 3:02:05 PM

I think you should have bolted as soon as he started.

No, she should have taken the time to pound him into next Sunday-then walked out.

I've never had someone behave with that level of d*ckheadishness...but I hear that there are still lots of men who think that online dating sites are some sort of cyber hook-up bar. While I certainly don't recommend months of emails/phone calls, you do need to remember,when having initial online and/or phone contact, to listen carefully for not so much the words a man says, but the attitude a man has.It is entirely possible to be a manly man without being a walking penis.
It doesn't matter if you are one hundred and fifty-eight and have been sexually active since you were 14, you are not deserving of being groped and pawed by some lame-ass loser.
Cindy O
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/15/2011 7:15:02 PM
What does anyone else think?

Knee....nut sac....next....
 ronosaurus
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/16/2011 10:53:56 AM
To all aspiring male "gropees"

Yesterday evening I watched "About Schmidt", a 2002 Hollywood movie starring Jack Nicholson. Jack gets groped in a hot tub by his daughter's naked about-to-be mother in-law. The scene illustrates what can happen when the table (or tub) is turned. Jack makes a hasty exit to his Winnebago parked out on the street!

It's a very entertaining movie that earned Academy Award nominations for both groper (Kathy Bates) and “gropee” (Jack Nicholson).
 primetime5000
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2011 6:49:54 PM
Don't blame ya shame on that guy.
That's why great or good gentleman are so hard to find in these time's.
The poor women or guy'shave to go threw the trash to find a diamond.
75 percent are bad ..I am the 25 percent that are real...good luck >
 TryAgan
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2011 6:59:35 PM
Yes, it is a shame. One possible explanation is that the guy has poor vision.
 ladyc4
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/16/2011 7:11:54 PM
Much as I admire the acting talents of Mr Nicholson and Ms. Bates,imagining the 2 of them in a hot tub in groping proximity just about makes my skin crawl...

I'll be very sure to give that movie a miss-watching cement set would be more entertaining,I'm sure.
Adults who are just having a first meeting/date should not be groping each other, it's tacky and in poor taste...regardless of the age/appearance of the gropants.
Cindy O
 ohenryx
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2011 8:29:43 PM

ladyc4 said:
Much as I admire the acting talents of Mr Nicholson and Ms. Bates,imagining the 2 of them in a hot tub in groping proximity just about makes my skin crawl...

I'll be very sure to give that movie a miss-watching cement set would be more entertaining,I'm sure.

Then you are depriving yourself of a very good movie experience. Your loss.
 TryAgan
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2011 8:37:49 PM
Well, imagining the two posters above in the same hot tub could be also interesting.
 libralaughing
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/17/2011 8:46:25 AM
You had the Nightmare First Date, although I don't think it's age-specific. Jerks exist through in every generation. Would it help to try and think of the whole experience as a sort of 'This is what I DON'T want in a relationship"?
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/17/2011 9:47:15 AM
[quote[I've never been groped. ...HEY wait a minute!!!Am I NOT grope worthy?

I've been a part of these forums for a long time and most know me and know that this was "said" in jest. Just sayin.....

Has nothing to do with being grope worthy, imo. I think it has to do with two things: one is being more selective about who one goes out with and the other is presenting oneself in a way that any man of reasonable intelligence and sensitivity will know this is not a woman to treat like anything less than a lady. jmo

Doesn't matter how selective one thinks they are...this kinda stuff still happens. And I really don't think intelligence has anything to do with whether or not one is going to get groped or not. I had a teacher many, many years ago that made inappropriate gestures towards me.

...mae
 c_deacon
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2011 11:13:44 AM
I knew what you meant Mae....and that is was all in fun!

I am sure that all of us have some stories of others that were inappropriate when we first met them, and some even after knowing them for some time..........

There have been a few meet and greets that I have had, that surprised me when the female pinched my ass, because she said that "it was so cute, that she had to!".....

I also had a friend that I knew liked me, but we were just friends, and one evening when out in public with a group of friends, drinking and partying some, as I walked by her, she reached down and grabbed my package, discreetly at least, smiled and said....."I always wanted to do that!"

Some times, words and actions can be meant one way, and taken another, and other times, no rationalization will ever quite make it right.

cd...........
 ladyc4
Msg: 51
Posted: 10/17/2011 1:11:28 PM

Perhaps...but it really doesn't sound like my type of movie anyway...I'm more into historical drama, "speculative fiction"( what used to be known as sci-fi/fantasy),Westerns, even documentaries. "Chick flicks" and "romantic comedies"-not so much.

Well, imagining the two posters above in the same hot tub could be also interesting.

Perhaps you need more excitement in your life if something that banal seems "interesting"?(LOL)
Meaning no disrespect to ohenryx,but he's no Jack Nicholson-nor am I!

Back to Online Dating Ist Date 101-

Meet in a public place and get to that public place by your own means...that way, if you find yourself dealing with a person who has materially misrepresented themselves, or is incapable of respectable behavior in civilized company, you can exit the scene,rather than waste another unrefundable minute of your life.
Cindy O
 LadySask
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2011 1:36:14 PM
You poor lady! No one deserves that kind of treatment no matter what. I have had a few similiar experiences myself, not fun in the least. The last date I was on the fella was pretty insistant in knowing how many dates it would take before I had sex with him...five, twelve....he felt he was a handsome stud and had a huge sense of entitlement because of his looks. Well...how about never, he made me want to puke then run~! Ain't no way to treat a lady...ever!
 TryAgan
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2011 1:42:45 PM

the fella was pretty insistant in knowing how many dates it would take before I had sex with him...five, twelve

That's incredible. 5 to 12 dates - quite unheard of in these times.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/17/2011 1:54:15 PM
I don't have patience with a lot of stuff nowadays.
I'm likely to just leave at the first sign of something
I don't like. If I can't turn the conversation, I'm outta
there.

But I'll be honest. My tolerance level is a lot higher for
people I like. I wouldn't appreciate any unsolicited groping,
(and I can honestly say it hasn't happened, even in the dark)
but sometimes talk I might not ordinarily tolerate doesn't
sound so bad when the guy doing it isn't so bad himself.

I kind of go with the flow and see how I'm feeling. I'm sort
of edgey like that.
 kev2862
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2011 3:36:58 PM
It's guys like this that give the ones that are here to truely find someone either friend or for a relationship a bad taste in their mouths - sure has mine. It also diminishes the chances of the genuine ones of finding someone, it's hard enough these days of fast pace and higher expectations. I know it's probably happening all of the time and it should be stopped spoils it and will put all women off the idea of internet dating if it happened to them, would not blame them either.. next time knee up into the soft parts or a hard slap to the face, but don't let there be a next time, dig deeper before the meet up.
I am in simpify with you and am truley sorry - the guy was obviously a complete t"*%er.
 RandomScause
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/17/2011 4:34:30 PM
I am a small, short, guy, OP, so you can understand my excitement when a 6foot4 woman wrote to me, told me i looked cute and she liked my sense of humour. Lezgo for a coffee, I wrote back, and sharpened all my prophilectics.

When we met, I extended my hand. She grabbed it, pulled me in close, put my neck in an elbow-lock. She dragged me around like I was a squeeling little day pig half the day on a sunny spring weekend, downtown, by my head locked in and myself trying to catch up with her walking, as she dragged me sideways along her route. Once in a while she bent down and gave me a cow-lick. On the top of my head!!!

But you're right. Groping is substantial. I am sorry for women who meet men with no clear sense of ethical and etiquettal reality.
 Glenoran1
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/17/2011 4:55:58 PM
^^^^^ Now, that's one I've never heard before, RandomScause. What bizarre behaviour! I'm sorry some Neanderthal Amazon treated you like a rag doll, and in public, no less. I guess, like many others before me on this thread have said, best to get to know them in writing and by phone first, before meeting in person. It's still no guarantee, but it might help weed out some of the more obvious loonie-tunes.
 BlueTeaPot
Msg: 58
Posted: 10/21/2011 2:07:46 PM
Giggles said:
"You have to understand that some people are predators, they feed off others and know the answers to any questions you might have, you have to give them enough time for them to reveal who they want to be to you..."

YES - there are predators on this site.....I have had the unfortunate 'pleasure" of meeting one - who told me that he had been convicted on three charges of sexual interferance with his ex-partners girls and being electronically stalked by two men from USofA and the other from UK.

That said.....I am still looking for a lovely man to be a part of my life. As the saying goes - NEXT!

Blue Teapot

Fab52
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/21/2011 3:45:29 PM
They say wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes all by itself!
 ForumsGee
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/23/2011 12:04:15 PM
Ewww... disgusting Bast@rd!!... at my age I would not stand that behaviour and more than likely would have slapped him or kicked him in his B@lls !
 cupper3
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2011 6:01:35 PM
What a boor!

Any groping that happens should be mutual, and certainly not on the first date, and not in public.

A couple will know when it is appropriate for them. Sometimes that will never happen.

Please don't view all men the same because of one a$$hole out there.
 ohenryx
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2011 9:07:46 PM
Discussing the movie "About Schmidt", with Jack Nicholson, I said to ladyc4:

to which she replied:

ladyc4:
Perhaps...but it really doesn't sound like my type of movie anyway...I'm more into historical drama, "speculative fiction"( what used to be known as sci-fi/fantasy),Westerns, even documentaries. "Chick flicks" and "romantic comedies"-not so much.

About Schmidt is not a romantic comedy, or chick flick. Not even close. I had just retired (the first time), and the movie shows Jack retiring, and then finding out they have thrown out his files / projects. It hit me very hard, knowing full well the same thing had happened at my former work place.

Shortly after he retires, his wife dies. And he thinks he is happier without her, until he discovers he is not. Thoughtful, introspective movie -- not a chick flick, not at all.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >