Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Why say you want to meet?. Then ignore messages.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mark641
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Why say you want to meet?. Then ignore messages.Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I just dont get it,we start up a great chatting relationship,send txt messages all night, arrange to chat on the phone,then silence????.Are you married or in a relationship that is unstable?. maybe you just want to hear nice words from someone sincere and honest?.Just stop to think about how the person you are messing around must feel. Why hurt people and make them feel as though they have done wrong?.I am getting soooo bored and put off by false people on here!.
 mark641
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Why say you want to meet?. Then ignore messages.
Posted: 10/13/2011 1:05:38 PM
lol. i am sure i will get over it. :(. haha,. cannot believe how many of you are sending response to my post. Thanks to All of you. i cant send individual replies cos i am too slow on the keys.
 Cliff1960
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2011 1:23:59 PM
There r time wasters on every dating site. Pay sites r the worst though. The free sites like this is more likely to get gen ppl. Pay sites tend to have loads of fakes profiles set up just to get members to pay up lol. IE u will get bombarded with msg as soon as u join. But u cant read the msg's till u pay the fee to join. Then u read the msg's only to find there fake or scams. Ive been on loads of pay sites and never had a gen msg. U will see the same profile pics on every pay site but with diff profile info. But i find its better for me to meet through a dating site as i have medical problems that stop me going out to the places where u would normally meet ppl. But so far in the 6 years ive been using dating sites ive yet to find anyone to chat too let alone date. Im too nervous to make 1st contact so i have to wait till a lady contacts me. But women hardly every make 1st contact with us guys. Maybe the ladies will have more success if they were to contact us guys. That way u can find the guy u like instead of moaning about the guys who contact u. Guys try to have more respect for the ladies as well. Some but not all do use dating sites just to have a quick fling cause their married. same with men. But their r a few gen ppl on here who do want to meet a nice person but cant cause of all the jerks ruining it for the rest of us.
 mark641
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2011 3:51:18 PM
Thank you for that hereagain.x
 mark641
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2011 3:55:43 PM
Love ya sense of humour mate. pmsl.
 itsjanjan
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2011 1:53:39 PM
What a bunch of ingorant men, but, sad to say, they are the same, if not worse worse in the US. I am not quite sure why I want to come home to England after reading the dating disasters, but ah!, well it seems universal.

When people walk away from you…let them go… Your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you, and it doesn’t mean they are bad people. It just means that their part in your story is over. You know who you are.
 Troi_1
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2011 6:20:12 AM
Its a know phychological phenominum. In text books and reasearched based on a few issues but here are two reasons:
Its the thrill of the chase, and not the catch, gives people the adrenalin rush.
The internet gives people the ability to be something they are not, it even gives them confidence. The next move therefore means that the other person will find out they are not what they said they were or will lead the person to be unable to make the next move for fear of rejection.

Either way isn't it nice to know it happens to more that just 'POF'.
 itsjanjan
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2012 11:27:13 AM
I understand totally, so often men leave their profile active when they are involved in a relationship, what is the point of that?. A couple of men I have responded to said that they were involved now, and I sent a message back saying that I was sorry I bothered them, and that perhaps it could be a site problem, that the site is not respecting their request to take down their profile and wished them every happiness, as after all that is what we all ultimately want. Good luck in your search.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Why say you want to meet?. Then ignore messages.