Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Walking Dead      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 26
The Walking DeadPage 2 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
"Ok...WHY did that deputy sheriff shoot Otis in the leg and then let him get eaten alive?
If it came down to neither of them making it because Otis was too slow, why not a head shot? "

One of the things I liked about the series in print and that has transferred to the TV is the depth of the characterization.

Why? Because Otis was slowing them down. BUT.....he wasted a valuable asset, because Otis was an EMT. Very useful fellow, if he dropped 50 lbs (And he would have). Was Shane being selfish in not offering HIS body up to the zombies and letting Otis get away? Maybe. Or maybe Shane still feels responsible for Carl's well being, same as he does for Carls mother.

Or maybe, judging by the "Heeeeere's Johnny!" look he's startnig to get, Shane is going off the deep end, and will do whatever it takes to survive and get what he wants.

Everyone treats the redneck like HE'S the one to keep an eye on, while Shane slowly slips into the abyss of madness.

I know how the story originally progresses. Don't want to say too much.
 chromelove08
Msg: 27
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/11/2011 10:43:29 AM
Love the show!!! I don't see why he shot Otis at all tho. I mean, there was a chance that both of them could of gotten away and if not then yeah Otis would of been eaten. Yeah that kinda made me mad considering he had a wife and all. I noticed he kinda confessed in the last episode about being in that position and having to choose by just blocking certain things out like empathy and all.
 chromelove08
Msg: 28
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/11/2011 10:44:34 AM
Oh and I was on the edge of my seat when Glenn was going down the well but their plans still didn't work out. Made me mad for sure.
 tabby-ann
Msg: 29
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/16/2011 3:36:30 PM
I watched that too!! It's amazing I couldn't stop watching it!!!
 keyman11
Msg: 30
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/23/2011 6:42:09 AM
best show on tv so far....very good stuff. the action and suspense is like nothing Ive seen in a good while, plus there is actually ''good acting!''. No bimbos or g**y studs either.
 apinlondon123
Msg: 31
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/24/2011 8:05:59 AM
Season 1 was pretty good. I was a bit worried when they stated new writers coming in for season 2. Season 2 has started off slow but I figure due to still introducing character, plot development and only having 6 episodes for season 1. It is picking up now and really likethe character development of Daryl. Would suck to wake up with an arrow in your side and a zombie chewing on your shoe lol. Anyways one of my top favourite shows.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 32
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/24/2011 8:55:01 PM
I noticed a diff between TV show series and the comic book series and that is things are developing at a much faster rate in the TV show series vs the comic book series with the storylines. Like some of the stuff that is starting to unfold during last couple shows didn't take place until way later in the comic book series.
 jsmith103
Msg: 33
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/24/2011 9:43:44 PM
I love the show
i think shane is crazy
but i like the story with the asian guy and the farmers doctor
i cant wait to see the season finale sunday
 apinlondon123
Msg: 34
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/25/2011 5:12:37 AM
I have not read the comics but a friend of mine told me that one of the differences is that the Daryl character isnt even in the book. No idea if this is true or not.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 35
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/25/2011 5:38:53 PM
Your friend is correct, Daryl isn't in the comic book series, but since he has become such a popular character in the TV series they are going to add him in the upcoming versions of the comic books series.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 36
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/25/2011 5:47:59 PM
yeah...but they are dead so in theory they don't even need to eat. lol.

While the body is techincally dead with The Walking Dead zombies the brain stem that the virus is controlling is still alive which is why the zombies need to still eat to some degree to keep the basic function of the brain stem and virus alive. Thus is why you see in the last show where the lady was feeding the zombies chickens in the barn.
 DartmouthRunner
Msg: 37
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/25/2011 6:48:44 PM
I don't think the zombies necessarily need to eat. We seen zombies so badly decomposed that they don't even have a digestive system attached anymore but they're still going.

The virus spreads via biting a victim. Thus, the basic instinct to feed is the method of transmission.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 38
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/25/2011 8:34:36 PM
You're looking at the zombies as more an animal more so then you are as parasitic type of anima in which the zombies are. The zombies are parasitic, they don't need to have digestive system to absorb their food like a typical animal, they become parasitic in terms of absorption of their food and all they need is to absorb enough protein through other means via throat to keep the virus and brain stem alive. So they can have half of their body blown off and still survive as long as the brain stem is intact.

The zombies in The Walking Dead also feed on animals and not just Humans. So it's not just a form to spread the virus its also a form of eating as well.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 39
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/26/2011 7:39:25 PM
The Walking dead seems to have developed a big cult following, just like Breaking Bad on AMC. Yeah Hell On Wheels is also a good show, I like Talking Dead where they talk about the last weeks show and bring in special guest from the show and do sneak previews of next weeks show. I wish it was an hour long instead of a half hour long on TV. I could def see them making a movie out of The Walking Dead after the series is over.
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 40
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/27/2011 7:14:03 PM
Great twist to the end of the show/episode.

Can't wait till February!
 night501
Msg: 41
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/28/2011 3:03:33 AM
I cant believe Hershal had Sophia in the barn the whole time. what a****
I would have shot Shane as soon as he took the first step. His character is getting awfully dark.

Cant wait till Febuary

So after watching last weeks episode I had to check and... Yes... it was written by a female... I dont know many guys who would accept and forget that his wife was banging his best friend, dead or not there are some things you just dont do. Hell even if he was dead he couldnt have been dead to long.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 42
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/28/2011 1:33:21 PM
I cant believe Hershal had Sophia in the barn the whole time. what a****

Otis was the one that brought Sophia in the barn he was the one that went out and captured those walkers. Hershal had no idea she was in the barn or if even that was Sophia for that matter no one did, until she came out.

So after watching last weeks episode I had to check and... Yes... it was written by a female... I dont know many guys who would accept and forget that his wife was banging his best friend, dead or not there are some things you just dont do. Hell even if he was dead he couldnt have been dead to long.

Well i think in a post apocalyptic world where the whole entire world has gone to hell in a hand basket and there are only a hand few of survivors left, you tend to have to look at the world diff then what you are looking at it now in that scenario. I don't think Rick will ever forget it, but at the same time he understood that if he was gone and someone was going to be there to love and protect his wife and kid he would want his best friend the only guy that he can only trust to be there for them.
 walkingtall38
Msg: 43
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/28/2011 11:37:10 PM
Love the show. One of my favorites.

Still think Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire are better but outside of those shows its one of the more unique and interesting ones on tv right now.

Hell on Wheels is actually growing on me. Wasn't real impressed with the premiere but I'm getting more into it now. Could be one of those shows that takes a while to develop its story lines. Which currently is my main problem with the show. Seems to be rather lacking in this area. At least any depth to them.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 44
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/29/2011 8:57:00 AM
Damn holidays, I missed an episode! Sophia is found and she's a walker?!? Awww crap.

What I love about this show is the depth of characters. You think Hershel is an ok dude, a little on the bible thumpery side, and then find out he's pro-walker. Everyone has little hidden pockets of crazy that pop out at odd times.
 runningman40
Msg: 45
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/29/2011 12:00:48 PM
I didn't see that one coming at all. It did seem odd that Sophia was missing for so long though. I think Herchel's basically okay--I thought for a couple episodes that he might be feeding passers by to his guests in the barn but that would be inconsistent.

The thing that I don't get is why they think they're so safe at Herchel's farm. It's a nice farm but not particularly defensible. What's to prevent a herd of walkers--maybe even the one Shane fed Otis to--from storming the farm?

They'd be better off in some sort of walled compound with a fresh water supply.
 Songwriterartist
Msg: 46
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/30/2011 4:57:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9f2n0xPZ3k
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 47
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/30/2011 5:18:11 PM
Harshal was soo out of touch with reality since he lived on that farm away from socieity that he thought the walkers could be saved as if they were just sick. But that all turned around when shane pointed the gun and shot one of the the walkers and told Hershal if they were people then could you shoot them in the chest and still be walking? I think that moment right there was Harshel's reality check and now in the upcoming shows it seems like whe will see Harshel start losing hope of any kind.
 walkingtall38
Msg: 48
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/30/2011 5:57:23 PM
It always bothered me that Rick never told Herschel about what the doc showed and explained to them when they were at the CDC. The guy was religious but also a man of medicine. You would think with the right explanation from a scientific point of view maybe he could be convinced.

Then again that wouldn't make for very good tv so...

SteelCity1981
Msg: 49
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 12/1/2011 5:53:59 PM
You know, I think Herschel was soo out of touch with reality at that time, I don't think anyone short but god himself could have convinced his views on the walkers other wise. He seems to be very stubborn and set in his ways until something drastic happens that alters his views.
 Tobolose
Msg: 50
The Walking Dead
Posted: 12/1/2011 6:34:31 PM
Been watching since the first season and I love this show. This season has been a bit slow for me over all, but none the less Im still excited for each new episode. Herschel was very out of touch with the true scale of the zombie outbreak. Cant wait to see where they end up now that Sophia's search is over and Sean wants to break ranks from Rick.
February seems so far off damn it.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Walking Dead