Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Walking Dead      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kodanshi
Msg: 476
view profile
History
The Walking DeadPage 20 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
Hate to be 'that' guy, but in the comics Rick says "when they find out who they're ****ing with."

They had to do several takes because Andrew Lincoln kept saying the above line. The American censorship thing has me puzzled. He couldn't say that word, but they can show him tear out a man's throat with his teeth?! Nice…
 hoopsnhikes
Msg: 477
The Walking Dead
Posted: 10/20/2015 6:51:56 PM

Hate to be 'that' guy, but in the comics Rick says "when they find out who they're ****ing with."

They had to do several takes because Andrew Lincoln kept saying the above line. The American censorship thing has me puzzled. He couldn't say that word, but they can show him tear out a man's throat with his teeth?! Nice…

I watched the first several seasons on DVD, and in that version, it was as you described in the comics. Actually, specifically, it was "they're ****ing with the wrong people." One of my favorite moments of the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6l6-2fU584

Watching a repeat of the TV version later on, it didn't have quite the same effect.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 478
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 10/22/2015 2:00:11 PM
I was just bopping around on youtube, and came across the San Diego Comicon panel for the Walking Dead .... when they were doing the cast introductions, Carol came out and walked onto the stage ...... carrying a big plate of COOKIES.

Somebody at AMC owes me a new keyboard. I just spit coffee all over mine.
 Kodanshi
Msg: 479
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 10/28/2015 3:29:18 PM
So... anyone been watching the latest series? What have you made of the first 3 episodes so far? I've enjoyed them immensely. Really liking Carol more and more too!
 daynadaze
Msg: 480
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 10/28/2015 7:25:13 PM
I'm holding my breath that Glenn is alive and escapes, and that Daryl saves Rick, because I was not ready for last Sunday's episode!
 carolann0308
Msg: 481
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 10/29/2015 10:06:27 AM
With all the close calls Glen has had over the years, falling off a dumpster is just not the way to end his story.
 Gemstone35
Msg: 482
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/4/2015 6:38:06 AM
Glenn got to be dead.

Even if Nicholas's body fell over Glenn and even if it was Nicholas who was being eaten by Zombies, then we clearly saw Glenn in agony and screaming. Zombies will not pick up on Glenn being alive hiding under Nicholas's body?

I think they are going to get Daryl killed at the hands of Negan as opposed to Glenn.
 shutterblink
Msg: 483
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/16/2015 9:18:33 PM
I will be so frustrated if the 'fall finale' finishes and we have no definitive answer about what happened to Glenn!
p.s. Please don't make him dead
p.p.s Pretty please
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 484
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/17/2015 3:14:19 AM
I just hope that the show doesn't start getting stupid in some way in how they write it and direct it, after being so good for so long. I hope that someone dropping the ball isn't an eventual inevitability. I been seeing some commentary elsewhere to this end...but then, I didn't pay attention to that before because I wasn't even interested in the show, and it may have always been there while also being a bunch of crap, so maybe I shouldn't pay attention to it now.
 deetristate
Msg: 485
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/17/2015 3:23:58 AM
For a moment there, I thought, "Aliens? really? "
Then I saw that it was a helmet.

I hope that they don't have a need to explain. Like that novel, The Road. No need to explain what brought it all about, really.
 daynadaze
Msg: 486
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/17/2015 9:57:28 AM
I'm guessing that Glenn being dead or not will be one of the cliffhangers.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 487
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/24/2015 6:30:51 PM
Ok man...um...

Am watching the re-runs, in the middle of the last season before the present new one. Just now catching up to all you guys. We're in Alexandria now...

And...uh...there are these little things hinting that our beloved group, or at least some of them, are going to kinda "turn bad". Is that shyt really gonna happen? No, don't tell me. Of course (Don't read this thread too much anyway). But, dammit. If that happens that'll really suck.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 488
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 12/1/2015 7:14:31 PM
Ok, I take it back. Shoulda known better by now than to misjudge them like I did. They're hard-core, but still the "good people".

And oh man, just saw an absolutely excellent couple of episodes.

Man, writing and directing is executed so well.

But they sure as hell take advantage of it's greatness and load up the commercials. I think that each episode is not one minute longer than how long they dedicate to the commercials. I ever get the DVD set, and I bet that episodes are actually just 30 minutes long. Arseholes.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 489
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 12/8/2015 3:52:15 PM
Aww, gosh darn it all to heck. According to my t.v. listings site, tonight they're starting back at the first show now again (will find out soon enough).

Um, unless...unless I'm all caught up before the current new season and don't know it. Just thought there'd be more in a season. Ok, my last episode was when in Alexandria they were gonna have a meeting, zombies got in and Rick got them so was late to the meeting, and the one dude who was beating his wife has the sword and cuts the leader-woman's husbands throat, then Rick shoots him (sorry don't remember everyone's name). Is this the last episode? Or are they just screwing with me and jumping all the way back again to the beginning?
 shutterblink
Msg: 490
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 12/13/2015 10:33:34 AM
That is the season 5 finale episode. You are good to go for season six! 6 started in October and has aired.... six episodes I think. The show is on a break until Feb 14.

It's ridiculous that I know this much about this show.
 deetristate
Msg: 491
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/8/2016 6:53:00 PM
Is anyone still watching this?

Did you drop out after the last episode. I read that a lot of people have given up on it now after the last episode. Too much misery and glee in Negan.

What did you think of the premier this season?
 cooldog65
Msg: 492
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/8/2016 7:06:22 PM
The season opener was intense. The women will really give up if Daryl meets his demise.

I've also been watching "Fear the Walking Dead" since it debuted.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 493
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/9/2016 4:39:20 AM
I'm still watching it. So to speak - can't see them when they first air, have to buy the DVD's after a season has already aired prime time, and am always a season behind. But I don't mind much anyway - I don't want to binge watch what I have cause I don't want it to be over or have to wait a long time for the next season etc, so even season 6 that I'm in now I've stopped about a third through it and am letting it sit a while. By the time I get through it I might not have to wait long to continue with 7 after it's available on DVD. However I have an extra reason for pausing S6, which is that I'm not sure how much I like it...have always been worried that the magic formula they use will be neglected and they end up not keeping up the high standard I feel they've set - am also letting what I've seen so far of 6 digest in my brain and after kinda sorta binge watching about the first third, I stopped and started over and watched them slower...not so many at a time. At some point zipping through episodes too fast kinda ruins the experience.

Btw: I coulda swore I recently posted something about ethics/morality in the context of this t.v. show. Don't see another Walking Dead thread...either it's gone, recent posts in this one are gone, or my memory is faulty.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 494
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/9/2016 5:30:13 PM

The Walking Dead

Who are Hillary Clinton supporters on November 9, 2016?
 HonestMan3687
Msg: 495
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/10/2016 10:09:38 AM
In the comic books Dwight becomes the leader of Sanctuary after the all out war. However, with Daryl's ever green popularity, I don't think they will dare to kill him. I think Dwight will get killed at the expense of Daryl and Daryl will end up becoming the leader of Sanctuary.

And I do hope Dwight gets killed. I despise him.
 TheZombieReturns
Msg: 496
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/10/2016 8:57:29 PM
Yep. We have a fascist regime now. We are all doomed.
 daynadaze
Msg: 497
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/10/2016 9:15:57 PM
I had a problem with what happened to Glenn, I even thought about not watching the next episode, but I did and it was kind of, I don't know how to put it, but it was a lot easier to watch than the first episode, gave me time to breathe. I like the Daryl character, but unlike what some say about women drooling all over him, I find him a great access to the group, but not at all a sexual attraction. That hair hanging in his eyes bugs the crap out of me, petty I know, but come on, take a knife and cut it out of your face. Anyway, I'm still watching, even though I hate the gory stuff, and I don't have any thoughts of people coming back to life because of a virus and looking to eat people. The zombie idea is ludicrous to me. But I find the story lines to be pretty good.
 deetristate
Msg: 498
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/11/2016 4:30:48 AM
I agree. But I would want him around me if I was being attacked by zombies.

In this order

Daryl
Carol
Morgan

Sort of like Tom!!! on Blacklist.
You want him around in a pickle.

I am giving it a few more episodes.

I gave up on Madmen about a third through the second to last season because i couldn't see the main character with that vapid second wife.
I may give up on WD if it becomes too much about Negan and his gleeful cruelty.

I appreciate DVR
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 499
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/11/2016 12:35:16 PM
(I'm not there yet, but...) I like the story direction with Negan - We get to see our main characters as "not invincible" and overpowered on a new level, and if/when they prevail, it'll be that much sweeter.
 daynadaze
Msg: 500
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/11/2016 5:37:35 PM
I've never watched Blacklist, but I did start watching Madmen when I happened to see the episode with the riding lawnmower. So I rented the seasons I'd missed and caught up, and I watched faithfully after that. I didn't like the second wife either, and I think it lost a lot of steam by the end. Since I grew up in that time I loved seeing the outfits and the cars, the TV shows, etc., that probably was half the reason I liked it so much, and I really liked Peggy. TWD is not my kind of show, but my son-in-law had me sit down with him and watch it when they had a marathon to catch up, I think this was just before season 3, and I was hooked. I agree, I would want Daryl & Carol around, but not so much Morgan, I like Rich & Michonne a lot too. Personally if there was ever something like that going on, I'd want to die first LOL I have no desire to live in a world like that. I like the actor, but I hate the Negan character, I'd rather see stories about how to really live in a world like that, instead of so much gore and the stupid zombies.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Walking Dead