Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Walking Dead      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 night501
Msg: 51
view profile
History
The Walking DeadPage 3 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
Is it february yet?
 DartmouthRunner
Msg: 52
The Walking Dead
Posted: 12/2/2011 2:34:13 PM
^^^Unfortunately, no.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 53
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 12/2/2011 9:53:56 PM
What i'm really interested in is what caused this virus, where did it come from. When they went to the CDC I thought that was going to be the episode we will get answers about what caused this virus and where it came from, but the only guy left that had any real insight to the virus killed himself in the CDC and it was like damnnnnnnn! lol
 DartmouthRunner
Msg: 54
The Walking Dead
Posted: 12/3/2011 5:42:26 AM
I don't think we will ever find the cause of the virus. That's one thing that this series has avoided in both TV and comic books. My fear of treading into such territory is that it may derail the series and become something like Lost, where it's just a series of questions to keep people wondering. Taking it away from the real story; a group of people trying to survive.
 walkingtall38
Msg: 55
The Walking Dead
Posted: 12/3/2011 9:13:29 AM
I just want to know what the CDC doc whispered to Rick. I thought it was that Rick's wife was pregnant due to the blood tests he ran or that he witnessed Shane and Rick's wife on camera when Shane attacked her.

But from the exchange the other episode clearly neither of those are what the doc whispered to Rick.

I have a feeling Meryl is going to show up again soon. It almost felt like that hallucination with him was some foreshadowing about things to come and Daryl having to make some tough choices to either stay with the group or side with his brother. Knowing how AMC shows tend to go they'll probably introduce him back into the series in the last episode of this season. AMC shows tend to love their cliffhangers XD

Breaking Bad just gets silly with them at times.
 dixielady41
Msg: 56
The Walking Dead
Posted: 12/4/2011 4:56:59 PM
Absolutely LOVE this show! I have had to resort to paying for it per episode thru Amazon since I decided to quit giving my money away to Direct TV, but this season has been worth every penny. I actually cried when Sophia came out of that barn:( I so wasn't expecting that. I can't wait until Feburary!
 HuntsvilleHero
Msg: 57
The Walking Dead
Posted: 12/5/2011 12:11:54 PM
Ok what i want to know is how come daryl didnt turn into a zombie after he landed on his arrow that he has been shooting zombies with?
 walkingtall38
Msg: 58
The Walking Dead
Posted: 12/5/2011 12:31:28 PM
Because the virus dies when exposed to air, sunlight, whatever? You got me.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 59
The Walking Dead
Posted: 12/5/2011 4:25:55 PM
Because the virus is only transmitted via saliva, evidently. If it was blood born, they'd all have it by now, having been splashed, or slathering it on their bodies.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 60
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 2/10/2012 10:13:40 AM
Remember all you Walking Dead fans, the long awaited return of new episodes of The Walking Dead airs this Sunday night at 9pm ET on AMC!

Can't wait!
 soicat
Msg: 61
The Walking Dead
Posted: 2/10/2012 11:06:18 AM
Woo-hoo! Thanks for the reminder!
 bamagrl68
Msg: 62
The Walking Dead
Posted: 2/10/2012 5:28:27 PM
SteelCity1981- I watched the first couple of shows and then for some reason, my cable provider put something else on. I'm about to change carriers, so when I make the switch I'm hoping to find the time to watch the first year so I know what's going on when it starts back.
Very good show. The intensity of a drama, with the scare of zombies mixed in. Quite a creative mind thought this one up.
Btw- If you haven't seen it something tells me you would enjoy the movies 28 days and 28 days later. OMG, scared the pants off me, especially the first one, soooooo good, check it out.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 63
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 2/10/2012 6:05:08 PM
they have season one and two on netflixs if you have that. Best part about it is no stupid commercials.

Yeah i can't wait until sunday night i've been waiting for this since early Dec. I don't watch many tv shows, but this one got me hooked.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 64
The Walking Dead
Posted: 2/11/2012 5:15:46 PM
SteelCity1981- Not long after I replied to your post, I saw they my current provider is running the whole first season as a prelude to the upcoming season. I'm going to watch as many as I can so I'll be updated for the new season. (apparently they had enough requests that they decided to carry it again)
Maybe other networks will get a clue that there are many like us looking for an interesting series related to horr0r/zombies. You'd think they would have already figured it out.
Btw- What do you think of American Horror Story? I watched it a few episodes, but it was a little too out there even for me.
Personally, I really miss the X files.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 65
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 2/14/2012 1:05:14 PM
I thought last weeks show was a prelude to things to start picking up more. The last 4 episodes got a bit long in the tooth, because of the whole finding the little girl storyline that was based around it, but now it seems like the next 4 episodes will be less drama and more action packed.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 66
The Walking Dead
Posted: 2/15/2012 12:26:44 AM
Well the new season is showing more sign of um....life, as it were. And Rick certainly showed he's got the stone to make hard and ugly decisions when warrented.

The showdown between him and Shane is coming, and soon. Shane's rope is unraveling fast. Prodicer promised us more zombie action this season.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 67
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 2/15/2012 6:50:23 AM
Yeah esp when he shot those two phili guys in a bar last week. I mean the skinny guy seemed ok, but i would have shot that fat guy in a heart beat, that guy was just asking to get shot. lol
 soicat
Msg: 68
The Walking Dead
Posted: 2/15/2012 8:31:20 AM
I love the show, but it doesn't make any sense. The zombies are basically defenseless. They'd be pretty much eradicated within a few months. I mean, they're dumber than the dumbest animal and even the smartest animals - like coyotes - are marginalized by us, and have to keep out of our gun-sights.

If the real zombie apocalypse is anything like the one depicted in the Walking Dead nobody will have to fight over food, or weapons, or farms, or whatever; they'll be plenty for everyone.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 69
The Walking Dead
Posted: 2/15/2012 11:31:52 AM
^^^
Problem:

1)They don't rot at normal speed and remain far too functional for far too long. Go back to the first episode and take a look at the half a woman zombie.

2) Shooting them causes more zombies to gather and head towards the sound of the shots. They move in a straight line towards the shot, attracting more zombies to follow. More shots, more zombies.

3) They don't need rest or sleep. They just keep coming, or sit and wait for prey to walk into reach.

4) Evidently these versions of zombies will kill and eat ANY living creature they can detect and catch. That means livestock is heavily at risk. Most fencing is built to dissuade the livestock from wandering, not really keep them in. Which means the zombies can get into the stock. Adios fresh meat. Blowing a zombies brains out in your veggie garden means your carrots are now contaminated. Bye bye salad.

Bows and arrows and crossbows, best bet. And lots of Purell.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 70
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 2/15/2012 1:35:43 PM
The thing they don't address is how long can the virus live without a host before it dies too. I think the last episode of season 1 when they were at the CDC was the closest we would have got to that answer until the CDC went into a meltdown and blew up. lol So basically no one knows anything really about this virus other then it transfers by liquid contact saliva, blood etc.. (but the producer on the on the Talking Dead last week hinted it could be transforming into an airborne virus based on carol's oddish behavior as of late, I guess we will just have to wait and see) and it takes complete control of the human body by living it the brain stem. That's pretty much what people actually know about this virus so far. No one knows where it came from and why it's only effecting Humans and not any other animal. I suspect it was a secret military Biological experiment used for chemical warfare gone wrong and it somehow got out where ever it came from and quicky was able to spread itself throughout the world by infecting humans and turning them into zombies, because the first episode showed military response teams all over the place as soon as this viurs started infecting people. So that kind of gave me clue where this virus may have came from. That and pretty much all zombie stories resort to some type of secret military experiment gone wrong for the reasons why people become zombies in their stories. So I don't suspect this to be any diff.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 71
The Walking Dead
Posted: 2/15/2012 6:50:16 PM
Steel, according to the prodcuer, they ain't gonna either. In fact, they won't touch the hows and whys of Zombie creation AT ALL.

Which, kinda bugs me some, since it would helps some of us have a frame of reference on what laws of zombie bits are and are not contagious.

As we've seen, they can be splattered, smeared and spackled all over a healthy human, without contagion. But one lil nibble, and it's brain hunger town, Population you. Kinda doesn't make much sense, but hey.
 PinkZombies
Msg: 72
The Walking Dead
Posted: 2/16/2012 9:55:19 AM
Now here's a thread for me. Hi, everybody! I love zombies in general and TWD, even though it irritates me sometimes and makes me yell at my tv- but imo that's part of the fun.

What do you guys think is wrong with the girl at the farm? (I can only guess...)
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 73
The Walking Dead
Posted: 2/16/2012 10:29:50 AM
Welcome Pink! Drag yer carcass on in!

I'm thinking she either got bit or scratched, she's having some sort of seizure, or the pathogen has discovered another vector because it's mutated into say, an airborne one now.

Time will tell.

Off to read "Pride and Predjudice and Zombies".
 PinkZombies
Msg: 74
The Walking Dead
Posted: 2/16/2012 11:16:11 AM
Beth, one of Hershel's daughters, collapsed sick and feverish at the farmhouse. The others assume she is "grieving" over the loss of her mother.
 BrookfieldGentlemanTom
Msg: 75
The Walking Dead
Posted: 2/16/2012 11:25:34 AM
Zombie lovers - i was cast in a zombie movie filmed here in Youngstown called :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Zombinator~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

it's prolly going straight to DVD but if you see it in the stores pic pick it up. it's about a large corporation that has a formula to make everyone into a zombie BUT they also have the antidote so that they can make billions. it was filmed as a Blair Witch type movie where you think it's for real.

i'm the only zombie wearing a raggedy suit and tie as i just rose out of my coffin. i bought a $10 suit at goodwill, shot it full of holes with my 38 and shred it with a razor knife then poured blood all over it.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Walking Dead