Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Walking Dead      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 101
The Walking DeadPage 5 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
Soi, frankly, if I'm laying there with my guts ripped open, bleeding to death or worse, screaming in agony, yeah, put the barrel to my head.
 PinkZombies
Msg: 102
The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/5/2012 4:50:18 PM
Dumb things to do during a zombie apocalypse:
1) Rescue other survivors who want to kill you and take your stuff
2) Taunt zombies that appear to be stuck, but aren't really
3) Wander around alone in the dark

RIP Dale.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 103
The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/5/2012 4:54:59 PM
Froggie, as a fan of the books I'm inclined to believe that Randalls "gang" is how the show is going to introduce the character known as "The Govenor", who is the antithesis of Rick.

Pink, I'm a bit surprised at the lack of logical protections being taken by this group. Very little security. They should AT LEAST be placing scavenged razor wire around the campsite/house. Zombies ain't traipsing through 3/4 layers of that stuff, even a small horde wouldn't. They aren't replacing their ammuntion and weapons, and not scavenging for useful items. For example, a bar FULL of alcohol that can be used for more than drinking? Antiseptic, trade goods at least. Why make runs to the Pharmacy? Take a truck, clean it out of EVERYTHING, and stockpile it. You never know what will come in handy.
Bars, Pharmacies, hardware stores, gun and sporting good stores, you name it. Clean them out, stockpile supplies, and fortify your base. Common sense.
 soicat
Msg: 104
The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/6/2012 7:42:56 AM

he didn't just face death he wanted to avoid the reanimation.

That's a good point I didn't think of.

As for fortifications, and stocking up on things and so on, the show isn't very logical. There should be plenty of ammo, and canned food, and fuel and so on available for the taking as the zombies don't use that stuff. And some kind of perimeter fortification would be one of the first things I think most survivors would believe worth doing.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 105
The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/6/2012 7:52:25 AM
I haven't, I'm just an ex soldier who's a practical guy. It just seems like common sense to fortify your area so you can at least sleep. I'll check it out.
 chromelove08
Msg: 106
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/6/2012 8:39:29 AM
I see Dale's side and I see everyone elses side. Dale doesn't want it to be inhumane, he has a heart and he doesn't think it is right to kill someone for what he thinks is not a good reason. All the others have family or someone they love to protect. Dale is all alone.
 Socalguy1962
Msg: 107
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/6/2012 9:41:15 AM
Excellent episode! I had a feeling something might happen to Dale since he was basically the only one against executing Randall and being the "last voice of civilization".

I do love the series except for the fact they never seem to rarely resupply, hoard or scavange. If i was in that situation i'd be doing that constantly. At a minimum set up perimeter security. But then this is Hollywood
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 108
The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/6/2012 11:56:10 AM

Pink, I'm a bit surprised at the lack of logical protections being taken by this group. Very little security. They should AT LEAST be placing scavenged razor wire around the campsite/house. Zombies ain't traipsing through 3/4 layers of that stuff, even a small horde wouldn't. They aren't replacing their ammuntion and weapons, and not scavenging for useful items. For example, a bar FULL of alcohol that can be used for more than drinking? Antiseptic, trade goods at least. Why make runs to the Pharmacy? Take a truck, clean it out of EVERYTHING, and stockpile it. You never know what will come in handy.
Bars, Pharmacies, hardware stores, gun and sporting good stores, you name it. Clean them out, stockpile supplies, and fortify your base. Common sense.

Makes 4 better viewing. If some apocalyptic event happened, I'm sure many of the survivors would not be thinking rationally either. But then again,that would lead to their demise
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 109
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/8/2012 11:33:36 AM
I haven't, I'm just an ex soldier who's a practical guy. It just seems like common sense to fortify your area so you can at least sleep. I'll check it out.

Yeah no kidding it's not like they don't have every thing accessible to them that they can't find. I mean they got hardware stores and everything else they can go to get their stuff for free from. So a budget in a post apocalyptic world shouldn't be a problem. lol

It just seems like in this season, that the group has gotten a bit lazy. It's like once they settled in somewhere they aren't nearly as active as they were traveling even things that they should be doing like building a secure place around them, they aren't. I'm still waiting for them to get off the farm and actually get back to traveling again when things were much more active. Now it just seems that this whole season evolves around drama and storylines instead of action and adventure like in the first season.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 110
The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/8/2012 4:57:19 PM
I dislike the character of Shane- he seems sociopathic to me
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 111
The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/9/2012 8:57:36 AM
Ahhh BA, thats the joy of Shane......trying to figure out if he was a sociopath all along, or did he change post apocolypse? Was it facing zombie hordes that did him in, or was it finding out Rick was alive and he couldn't have what he lusted after for so long? He's a pitiful character. All those years of womanizing (Remember when he and Rick were scouring the woods for the little girl and reminiscing?), never finding the love he was desperately seeking (I don't think it's love Shanes looking for, but thats a whole nother thread) , only to see Rick in love, married and happy with a family? Is that when the break took place?

Interesting to think on.

But for all his Sociopathy, Shane is a valuable member of the team come crunch time. IN combat, he's steady, accurate, and deadly, which is what you want. But abscent conflict, he's pretty much useless, and lost with it. Ha has a perfect opportunity to bond with Andrea, btu he's still carrying a torch for Lori. More the fool he.

In the books, it's little Carl who does Shane in, when Shane decides to kill Rick. I don't think Shane has much time left.
 Scriv2012
Msg: 112
The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/9/2012 1:28:08 PM
What is the point of T-Dogs character? He has had almost zero screen time in season 2, and no character development. Seems to me he's a good zombie fodder candidate.

I'm curious to see what happened to Merle, will he make a comeback? Is he running with this other group that has recently come to light?

And what happened to Morgan & Duane from the very first episode?

And why isn't there a zombie smilie?
 rick-is-here
Msg: 113
The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/10/2012 4:57:56 PM
I agree with some of what been said. Dale wandering around alone at night in the dark in the middle of nowhere was not safe. I suspected that either Dale, Shane, or T-Dog would get killed, but Dale was a surprise. Now with the whole "people are gonna die" comment I guess we should expect a major downfall from this group.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 114
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/10/2012 7:49:21 PM
Yeah I really don't see why T-dog is still around. They kill Dale that was heavily active as an member but yet keep T-dog alive. I get the wow factor of killing Dale, but T-dog should have been killed off before Dale. T-dog hasn't played a part in anything since he cut his arm on a car at the beginning of season 2.
 PinkZombies
Msg: 115
The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/10/2012 10:26:44 PM
Aww, cut T-Dog some slack you guys. I want Carol and T-Dog to pair up so we can call them "Cat-Dog".
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 116
The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/11/2012 9:18:10 AM
Yeah I really don't see why T-dog is still around. They kill Dale that was heavily active as an member but yet keep T-dog alive. I get the wow factor of killing Dale, but T-dog should have been killed off before Dale. T-dog hasn't played a part in anything since he cut his arm on a car at the beginning of season 2.

I suspect they have something special planned for Tdog. And not something pretty, either.

Pink Zombies: Aww, cut T-Dog some slack you guys. I want Carol and T-Dog to pair up so we can call them "Cat-Dog".

Beats Pink with soggy linguni.
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 117
The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/11/2012 7:23:18 PM
Shane's dead, so how did he become one of 'them' ?? I don't understand. Was it because he earlier stabbed one of the zombies in the head ( in the bus scene ) then cut his hand with the same knife?

And Randall, he had no bite marks, so how did he become a zombie, too?

chromelove08
Msg: 118
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/11/2012 8:38:21 PM
I'm guessing a zombie got to Randall before he was completely dead. And I can't figure out how Shane would of become a walker unless, like you said, he stabbed a walker in the head or something and got the blood on the knife then stabbed shane with it.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 119
view profile
History
The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/11/2012 9:50:18 PM
Well it can get transferd via fluid so Siliva would do. I don't know maybe shane kissed Randall like a kiss of death and transferd it to Randall then shane snapped his neck and thus that's how Randall turned into a zombie. Still not sure how shane got turned into a zombie though. I mean if it is airborne why hasn't any of the cast members got it yet. I mean Rick was around Shane a lot and he didn't get it. The interesting part is when Shane was acting crazy in the woods he was having flashbacks of zombies attacking him or what looked like to be. There is a lot of questions about this virus infecting people, then again we have no idea how the virus came about and why it's only infecting Humans, because the director hasn't shed any real light on the virus itself and that's why there is a lot of confusion in regards to this virus and a lot of questions with no answers about it.

Next weeks show should be really good, but i still think killing off Dale and Shane this early wasn't a good move. They still had a lot of storyline left in both of them esp Shane. I mean, they kill off two important main cast members back to back and yet T-Dog which is prob the least active main cast member is still alive? Doesn't make sense. I would have killed T-dog off before Dale and Shane. Season 3 with Dale and Shane gone is going to leave a void in the show unless they introduce new cast members to the show or return of old cast members like Daryl's brother at some point. No one still knows what happened to him or the Father and the son couple that Rick first ran into during the first few shows back on season 1.
 PinkZombies
Msg: 120
The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/11/2012 10:21:37 PM
WOWW... the implication I'm getting is that virtually everyone is infected by now- meaning any person who dies, even from natural causes, is a potential walker. It might be airborne, in the water, or from close contact with walkers. The original source might have been weaponized- spores that drift far, like anthrax, or a mutating virus. Those poor survivors can't catch a break, can they?
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 121
The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/12/2012 12:24:14 AM
Such an awesome episode!

Yes, Shane turned after Rick stabbed him to death ( He had it coming too, the scumbag.)

Was Shane already infected from the bus attack? Dunno. Maybe. But then the two guards didn't have bites either and they turned as well. How DID they die and why? Plus, that little montage of drooling, flesh gnawing, zombie faces in Shanes head was, I guess, supposed to be his now dead brain refiring with the new zombie programming.

Was Shane already crazier than an outhouse rat? Yes indeedy. Infected or not, Shane was gonna need putting down like the rabid cur he was. Shanes answer to EVERY problem was Kill it, abandon it, or destroy it. You know what they say about when your only tool is a hammer....

Evidently the swamps are loaded with walkers. Between the target practices, and the recent shots fired, they've been getting closer. Putting Shane down finally drew them out of the woods and towards the farm. (I TOLD y'all to put up some razor wire, but did you listen? Noooooo.) Now they're in deep doo doo, because theres no WAY they can secure the house before the horde gets to it. That leaves the barn. My suggestion? Grab some water and food, EVERY gun and bullet they have, every long hafted killing tool (Pitchfork) climb into the loft, and knock the ladder down. It'll take a long time, but the walkers can't get to them, and they can just stab them all down, one at a time. But, they'll end up doing somthing stupid.

Did Shane KNOW he was infected/crazy/over the edge and MAKE Rick kill him? He had lots of time to pull the trigger, and spent a lot of that time antagonizing Rick. If he really wanted Rick dead, all he had to do was pull the tirgger, or hell just walk up behind him and snap HIS neck too.

So now we're discovering that if you die, you turn. No bite required. And these zombies turn FAST. No couple hours dead then they wake up, Shane was dead for maybe what? 10-15 minutes? His blood was still steaming in the cold night air, so it couldn't be very long. In Zombie mythology, thats damned fast change.

Once again Rick shows he has what it takes to lead, and makes the hard call when he has too.
I knew Shane was going down, but I didn't expect it so soon after Dale's death.

Love this show.
 soicat
Msg: 122
The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/12/2012 5:34:50 AM
I think the horde of zombies was attracted by the cattle on the farm. You're right, Bladesmith, if they had at least secured the house with razor wire or other fencing they'd be in pretty good shape. Now they're in a heap of trouble.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 123
The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/12/2012 7:23:03 AM
^^^ Oh they're right off the reservation at this point. Theres still a nodding aquaintance with the graphic novels, but it's tenuous. And if you think Shane was bad, wait until you meet the Govenor. Yikes.

BTW, anyone who hasn't read the graphic novels, I found them at my local library (Surprisingly!). Yours might have them too.
 FishingDeerHuntress
Msg: 124
The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:05:03 AM
Well if it would have become airborne, they'd all be infected. Maybe it's in the water or touching the infected that stays dormant because of our immune system until they are dead. I'm so confused on that.
 SaluteYourShorts
Msg: 125
The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/12/2012 10:10:23 AM
every zombie movie has some implication that its airborne. due to the fact that theres a big real life conspiracy theory about jets releasing something into the air. but as far as shane turning. he got stabbed with a knife that was used how many times? to kill other walkers. thats the squash right there on the solidity of airborne. and randal had open wounds with the cuffs and beatings. i think a strong possibility is someone in the group may be unknowingly a carrier.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Walking Dead