Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DBerger04
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Whats your safe place?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
My car.

Ill roll up the windows and Argue my problems out with myself. I talk to myself a lot in my car. Ill drive around the state in a big circle if I have to and just get it all out. In all the rambling I usually stumble across some form of wisdom.

I used to go to the camp I worked at and sit at the waterfront and stare at the water. It was very tranquil and relaxing.
 Casper66
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Whats your safe place?
Posted: 10/20/2011 12:18:34 AM
At home with my family, sometimes its good for me to go home where I can escape the stress of work/life and put things into perspective again, just relax and do some self reflection, then I feel better and ready to face the world again. At home I find listening to music or reading a good book can give me a nice break when needed.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Whats your safe place?
Posted: 10/20/2011 2:59:51 AM
I wish I still had one. My last sense of refuge disappeared when the economy went south, and my livelihood was put on the chopping block. I anticipate an unending face to face struggle with stress from here on out.
 junipermoon
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Whats your safe place?
Posted: 10/20/2011 5:05:41 AM
we have a swamp about 8 miles away. the university turned it into a park, with boardwalks winding through the marsh. i go birding there several times each week. i've seen all sorts of warblers, woodpeckers, grebes, snipes, a sora, a goshawk, herons, cedar waxwings, beavers, muskrats, deer, a northern watersnake, and quite a few frogs. i love the diversity of native plant life as well.

each time i see a new species, it's like it discover a new world within myself.
 Justmytypewriter
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Whats your safe place?
Posted: 10/20/2011 4:52:05 PM

So whats your safe place

Certain books. I'll grab one of those feel-good books (some of which I must have read at least 20 times by now), pour myself some coffee and curl up on the couch, reading, reading, reading. Best thing to do to clear my mind and catapult myself into a happy place.
 joemac356
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Whats your safe place?
Posted: 10/21/2011 1:48:00 PM
I can't tell you or I wouldn't feel safe there any more.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Whats your safe place?
Posted: 10/25/2011 4:27:51 AM

Now this safe place should not include drinking or doing any drugs or partying, because these things only cover the real problems at hand... So whats your safe place
So you're saying my liquor cabinet is a wrong answer?

I got nothing...
 jojoaus
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Whats your safe place?
Posted: 10/27/2011 12:04:24 AM
I do love the ocean and it is a 5 minute walk. I especially love it out of season- the sound, the smell, the visuals, all seem to aid me in working out problems. Part of it is the sense of perspective it gives you, I feel small but in a good way. Hard to explain. Huge problems seem less huge when compared to the vastness of the sea. Where I live I can see the curve of the horizon, and it just blows me away.
I also love pretty much anywhere where there is silence- I like no distractions sometimes. A dense woodland perhaps or even just me myself and I in a soft bed with darkness and tranquility. Womb-like maybe!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >