Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > He canceled the 2nd date 2 hours before!!! What gives?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lovemycello123
Msg: 42
He canceled the 2nd date 2 hours before!!! What gives?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
As of Tuesday night, we are still on for Wednesday.

He scheduled it for Wednesday because he is going out of town for work to a conference Thursday Friday and Saturday. It checked out (I looked online...LOL) We are just going to dinner and a movie.

If he cancels again I am definitely done. Will keep ya updated! Online dating is a crazy game.
 LGG62
Msg: 43
He canceled the 2nd date 2 hours before!!! What gives?
Posted: 10/25/2011 7:24:37 PM
This is only your second date and you're freaking out? I think you need to relax a bit, my friend. Shit happens, and yes, sometimes it happens on Saturday night. I spent a few Friday and Saturday nights in the hospital with my dad when I wasn't expecting to. Also, I must point out that since this is only your second date, you both can still do what you want with whomever you want. You don't own him (yet, LOL). If this becomes a habit of his, and you know that no one in his family has emergencies THAT often, then yes, dump him. He's a flake. But for now, just accept that he has a life outside of you, including other responsibilities, and that didn't stop the moment he pressed send on his first message to you. If you're acting so entitled before you even have a second date with this guy, I can only imagine how demanding you would be if you got into a relationship with him. Lay off him and let him show whether or not he's a flake, don't assume it because of one time.
 Aries_328
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2011 8:18:12 PM

Give him another chance. It's only fair. He could be forthright

We are all now waiting patiently for her to report back on her date tonight. Now if she does report back tonight then we can safely assume that it was 'meh' had some dinner blah blah blah...

If she doesn't report back... Ax murderer?

DudeistPriest
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/27/2011 1:15:13 AM
Inquiring minds want know....
 recreator611
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/27/2011 7:22:43 AM
Weeeel...its your call but I was stood up by a woman without so much as a call....oh she did after the fact.....said it was some family thing....maybe the guys on the level....good luck!....and NO I didnt go out with her....no decent common courtesy deserves anything else...later
 MissStackhouse
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/27/2011 7:27:55 AM

If she doesn't report back... Ax murderer?

Alien abduction?

OK, OP - what gives? We need details!!
 lovemycello123
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/27/2011 11:35:51 AM
It went fine! He paid for dinner, I left the tip, and he was very apologetic about canceling the other evening. We scheduled for Sunday to do dinner and a play because he will get into town Sunday morning. I am very big on manners (I am a teacher) so that was why I was so salty about him canceling so quickly on me. It was a very nice evening. He friended me on Facebook when I got home, and called to make sure I made it home (we had bad rain last night). It will be interesting to see where this ends up (if anywhere!), but online dating has taught me to have no expectations!!
 MissStackhouse
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/27/2011 12:00:12 PM
I'm glad things went well for you! Even if nothing comes out of it, just consider it a nice evening out
 Aries_328
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2011 9:15:17 PM
Ok, had dinner and blah blah blah. :)
Tune in next week when.... "He said he had to work late!!!! That Lying B)(&&("

Just make sure you communicate. Don't talk about your feelings... that’s boring. Just have enough so that you trust that what he says is true and the same in reverse.

Now go back to college or finish your homework or go find a career or something. Sheesh kids today.
 KnotAFrog
Msg: 51
Posted: 11/8/2011 4:38:11 PM
99% of the time if someone, man or woman, cancels first date same day they are flaky. We all know it. Yeah, yeah, there may be the occasional real emergency but most of the time its cold feet or what they think is better fish.

I blow them off immediately thanking them for wasting my time which could have been spent, perhaps, with someone who was genuinely interested in me. Okay, I don't say that I think it. I just say thanks, good luck but my personal rule is not to set myself up for a second cancellation.

Lol, had a woman call me same day, said she forgot she had a class she signed up for or some such thing. We had talked night before no mention of class. But maybe we could get together end of week she'll check her calendar. Say what? Di Ihave a photo with the word "schmuck" on my forehead?

I said thank you but I don't think so. Good luck. She starts sending me hate texts telling me I am insecure. I replied, just once, saying "You're sending hate text and I'm insecure?". That was end of that.

Move on quickly, if not faster!
 Mikemiller2011
Msg: 52
Posted: 11/8/2011 4:41:26 PM
He wanted to reschedule, so do not think it was a blow off or anything. Sometimes things come up.
 viper1j
Msg: 53
Posted: 11/9/2011 5:02:58 AM

Umm, seriously? Now my Saturday night is shot. Should I go out with him again or say screw it? Maybe something did actually happen, but I dont trust a lot of people anyway.

Your poor Saturday night.. No way should you go out again. And remember this attitude when you cancel something due to one of your parents or child dying.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 54
Posted: 11/9/2011 5:34:35 AM
OP - I cancelled a date 5 minutes before showing up...we'd been talking on the way over to pick her up.

then I got a better offer.
 chromelove08
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2011 8:11:09 AM
Oh i tell every guy exactly how i feel about them. If they piss me off, they sure know it. i don't put up with stupid shit from guys lying, cheating, being jerks. Life is too short to waste my time with those kinda guys. Hard to find a good guy tho.
 MikeWM
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2011 8:15:47 AM
On the bright side though, he COULD have cancelled it two hours AFTER he should have been there

Silver linings and all that
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > He canceled the 2nd date 2 hours before!!! What gives?