Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 satx78218
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Are You Getting the Flu Shot This Year?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
some vaccines obviously work very well. (polio)

flu vaccines, and HPV vaccines, are nothing but BigPharma scare-mongering scams.

Best defense is lean weight, fresh-foods diet, and efficient immune system, not BigPharma scams.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Are You Getting the Flu Shot This Year?
Posted: 10/26/2011 1:15:49 PM
I haven't gotten the flu since the 1st year I worked in a hospital ... in 1982!!! and I've never gotten a flu shot ...

earlier this year, though ... in July, my primary doctor diagnosed me as having whooping cough! omg! whooping cough?!! you do NOT want to get that stuff! however, later, a 2nd doctor said the 1st doctor's diagnosis was wrong that what I had was "just" pneumonia! fortunately the drug regamine the 1st doctor put me on was the same as it would have been for pneumonia ... so I recovered ...

but ... whatever it was, I don't want it again!

so ... after I recovered enough from whatever it was I had ... I got a whooping cough vaccination just to be sure ... if you ask, whooping cough vaccinations can come with tetanus and diptheria vaccinations ... while I was at it, I figured I might as well get a vaccination against shingles as well!

so now I'm good ... no tetanus, whooping cough OR diptheria (whatever THAT is!) for the next ten years ... don't know how long the shingles protection will last ...

or if any of this is any more protection than positive thinking, adequate hydration, plenty of sleep, exercise and a good diet would have accomplished!!!

I'm happy with my decision, though!
 SleepyMcGee
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2011 8:25:49 PM
Never have, never will.
 satx78218
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2011 10:28:18 AM
another example of "lie, damned lie, and statistics", in the service of stuffing BigPharma's pockets:

Shock vaccine study reveals influenza vaccines only prevent the flu in 1.5 out of 100 adults (not 60% as you've been told)

The "control group" of adults consisted of 13,095 non-vaccinated adults who were monitored to see if they caught influenza. Over 97% of them did not. Only 357 of them caught influenza, which means only 2.7% of these adults caught the flu in the first place.

The "treatment group" consisted of adults who were vaccinated with a trivalent inactivated influenza vaccine. Out of this group, according to the study, only 1.2% did not catch the flu.

Flu vaccines only prevent the flu in 1.5 out of every 100 adults injected with the vaccine

http://www.naturalnews.com/033998_influenza_vaccines_effectiveness.html
 adge747
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2011 12:29:05 PM
Now if you work for the NHS and have the flu jab they will give you a day off! That's how good it is you have to blackmail people to have the rubbish.
All the reports I have seen say that it isn't effective as it only dubiously prevents one strain of flu and there are some 200 varieties. Seems pretty pointless to me, my answer is to mak sure my immune system is in top condition, with Carotenoid Complex, then it will be able to combat the flu and any other disease that cares to invade my body.
 satx78218
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2011 8:33:08 AM
Only a people out of 100 get the flu, so your "I get flu shots AND don't get the flu" does not mean the flu shots work.

Chances are like 19 in 20 that you won't get the flue, shots or not.

And how do people diagnose themselves as having an official flu versus a common cold?
 satx78218
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2011 8:33:23 AM
on a couple people...
 satx78218
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2011 5:47:55 PM
"I do believe in innoculations"

ah, faith-based, just what we need. look up the facts on the effectiveness of flu shots and other vaccines.

Some vaccines do work, like polio (although early polio vaccines did cause some polio. We're all guinea pigs, beta testers for BigPharma), but flu shots in particular are a huge scam.
 JLarsson
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2011 8:37:37 AM
yes i get my shot every year. I used to get the flu every year and i started getting the shot bout 6 years ago and haven't gotten it since.
 Debisusanne
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/25/2011 5:36:05 AM
I took the flu shot for two years.. because i had a poor immune system back then.

Now I dont even get colds when others get them.. so I skipped it.
 satx78218
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2011 4:03:55 AM
some vaccines do work well, eg, polio

flu vaccines only cover a tiny percentage of viruses.

flu vaccines are huge, money-sucking scam, outright lies, by BigPharma.

How does one know if one has a have (vaccine-targeted) flu virus, garden-variety rhinovirus, or a microbial infection?

Seems like nobody gets the flu anyway, since all one ever hears on TV or paper is "suffering from flu-like symptoms". :lol
 arwen52
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2011 6:20:55 PM
I already got mine.
 chelseajkt1
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2011 4:58:31 PM
This is the first year I have not taken the flu shot. I've had the flu twice. The flu that is going around now is awful. I've had it for 3 weeks. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. As soon as I am healthy eneough I'm getting my shot.
 Marmite baby
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2011 7:28:35 AM
I had my first ever flu shot 4 days ago. Had the flu,followed by bronchopneumonia a few weeks ago,so I'm hoping the shot will help me to avoid a rerun. For me ,it's not the flu I'm bothered about,but potential complications afterwards.
 chemosaby
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/19/2011 2:44:00 PM
Many confuse cold virus that are flu-like with actual flu. I don't believe I've ever had the real flu ever. I had two family members who had confirmed H1N1 and said it was nothing. I think Pharma fear mongering is simply the most efficient and effective form of marketing, because it makes it all so frightening. Its fraud though. I've read plenty about side effects like Gillain Barre syndrome which is temporary or permanent paralysis and it can come from a flu vaccine containing aluminum and ethylmercury (thimerosal) . I had a neighbour who spent 80 days in hospital with GBS after a flu shot. Sounds far worse than sleeping on the couch for a week.
 satx78218
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2011 3:53:10 AM
New Study Exposes the "60% Effective" Flu Shot as 98.5% Useless

A new study in The Lancet Infectious Diseases reveals that the flu vaccine prevents lab confirmed type A or type B influenza in only 1.5 out of every 100 vaccinated adults … but the media is reporting this to mean "60 percent effective."

It is estimated that, annually, only about 2.7% of adults get type A or type B influenza in the first place. The study showed that the use of flu vaccines appear to drop this down to about 1.2%. This is a roughly 60% drop, but that ignores the fact that the vaccine has no protective health benefit for 97.5% of adults.

The researchers' own conclusions are also somewhat more lackluster in their tone than the media would have you believe:

"Influenza vaccines can provide moderate protection against virologically confirmed influenza, but such protection is greatly reduced or absent in some seasons. Evidence for protection in adults aged 65 years or older is lacking."

So where is the 60% effectiveness claim coming from? This number is based on relative risk, and it does not mean that 59 out of 100 people who get the flu shot will be protected against the flu

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/12/26/media-deceive-facts-regarding-flu-vaccine.aspx?e_cid=20111226_DNL_art_2

==========

Some vaccines are effective, flu vaccines are a money-sucking BigPharma scam.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >