Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BookWormFairy2011
Msg: 29
Has anyone else noticed?Page 2 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Actually my experience has been the opposite.

In years past on here, I have gotten pretty disgusted because there were seemingly wonderful folks here. Then we would actually meet up and go on a date... and bingo presto, guess what they were after right off the bat?

This time around has been much better so far. I've met one gentleman who, even though not long term material for me, was definitely a sweet person worth getting to know. He actually wanted to spend time talking and finding out about each other. His priority wasn't getting a person into bed.
 maxp813
Msg: 30
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/29/2011 11:01:24 PM
I agree melanie 1 its like a lottery almost.Date several ppl at the same time and hope you stumble across the one.Instead of just focousing on one person at a time.You use to have to have a discusion if you didnt want to be exclusive now its the other way around.Its no wonder its so difficult to find a good partner.
 bluepic
Msg: 31
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/29/2011 11:25:07 PM
hello mam
i don't know if i'm doing this right or knot but any way here it goes.
at my age and the hours i work I have little chance of meeting someone of the other sex
I need to work on my retire ment.... I need to try to figure out some kind of future... for my self
and hopefully someone of the other sex.... I think i have worked hard all my life and would
like to spend some time with a lady with like interests ....some times maybe us men come
off as bulls but we had to be that way all our lives to get where we are today
some times its hard to figure out you ladies when things are going on with you and your
not telling us about ....P to P ....some times "your " hot and were not and some times were
hot ....but then "WE" are the a holes.... why can't we forget high school and just look at each
other as equals and have a levle playing field....when you can find some one that sees life as
you do theres no limits...am I making sense.....or just rattling...
 wildandfreee
Msg: 32
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/29/2011 11:51:59 PM
i will go with egowitch,
i think meat market for those who cant find what they want,
the site is free and not designed just for long term relationship
or finding prince charming, you got the options to block and not to reply
to people you dont want to communicate, i dont fault them either, everyone is free to look whatever he/she feels like , and i do believe people are finding dates
 BrockLee74
Msg: 33
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/29/2011 11:52:22 PM
It is very similar to how the AOL chatrooms were 12 years ago.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 35
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/30/2011 2:56:33 AM
POF=People Only Flirting
POF=Pretty Odd Folks
POF=Punked Out Freaks
POF=Puke On Floor
POF=Plant One Firmly
POF=Passed Out Friday
POF=Pull Our Finger
POF=Panties On Floor
POF=Parties On Friday
POF=Prime Or Filet
POF=Privates On Face
POF=Picking On Forumites
POF=Planning Our Future
POF=Plan On Fvcking
 Ratsrule
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/30/2011 8:05:57 AM
actually i've met mostly nice people through this site. had one disaster date but that's it.

I've certainly not been on the receiving end of the meat market mentality in the same way you do in a club. No metaphorical bum grabs or anything like that
 Ratsrule
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/30/2011 8:10:22 AM

I haven't noticed a thing since I've joined other than why won't these lovely ladies on Plenty of Fish reply to a gentleman's polite note of admiration and affection? I've made it clear on my profile what my serious intentions are...Will the nice guys ever win? ~sigh~

It's the overly serious and sincere nature of your profile - try injecting some sarcasm or something you don't seem to have any concept of it.....
 Ratsrule
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/30/2011 8:11:01 AM
double post - sorry!
 MikeWM
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/30/2011 9:16:57 AM
I do sometimes wonder with topics like this whether its the viewer that is the problem rather than their "observations" being acurate and therefore a problem with the site

Quite often the people complaining about such things have a profile that is set to attract someone with the use of a sexual undertone, or because its overtly sexual in nature

Others however tend to give them impression that their inner translator works along the lines of

If he says you look nice = hes after sex
If he says you have a nice figure = hes after sex
If he asks about you kids father = hes trying to find out if your weekends are free for sex
If he says hes single = hes married or has something wrong with him
If he says so what are your interests = hes trying to find out if you will say sex
If he asks what music you like = he wants to know what will get you in the mood for sex
If he makes any sexual jokes, innuendos or double entendres hes only after sex
If he DOESNT make any sexual jokes, innuendos or double entendres then hes hiding the fact hes only after sex

If he dumps you at ANY point after the first date, for any reason and isnt there with you till your deathbed = it PROVES he was only after sex

I sometimes wonder whether POF should set up its own religious dating site as it seems a lot of folks on here, even the non religious ones would be far more at home on a place like that
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 40
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/30/2011 3:59:47 PM
^^^^^^ I freaking love this! Way too true!

MikeWM
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/30/2011 4:25:26 PM

I met my husband on here

I'd be really annoyed if I found out my wife was still using a dating site

Then again, to have found her on here in the first place I doubt she'd be too happy with me either really
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 43
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/30/2011 4:27:56 PM
When motown said

it's not POF's fault that as more and more horny, unscrupulous people discovered internet dating sites when they took their hands out of their own pants long enough to write a profile, they all started signing up here.

I finally knew the reason for so many illiterate PoF profiles and posts:
They're typing with one hand, Gawd bless'em!
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 44
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/30/2011 5:52:57 PM
Yes it is true.
POF women use me terribly!

If it wasn't such fun I'd complain to the management.
:-p
 CynM
Msg: 45
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/30/2011 6:10:16 PM
Nope. Haven't noticed it at all. I've been here for a little more than 3 yrs and not a single inappropriate message. And I get plenty of messages. So I'm bucking the trend and disagreeing with motown and voting with Aintnodeal.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 46
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/30/2011 6:14:27 PM

They're typing with one hand, Gawd bless'em!

...Who say I'm using my hand to type?
 MikeWM
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/30/2011 6:15:50 PM
I feel I should make it known that I do infact type with BOTH hands thank you very much young lady

Although admittedly they might be alternated between due to tiredness
 sassy0013
Msg: 49
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/30/2011 7:04:42 PM

I don't know if it's a meat market, because I don't allow such people to get that close to me. However, what I have noticed is that the number of people who write a few messages, then disappear, has increased exponentially. Most likely what happens is that the "kid in a candy store" mentality starts to seep in once you sign up here, or maybe this is the type of person who now flocks to Plenty Of Flakes.

I have noticed the same thing with the Poofers. They message - chat and some have even sent their phone number then they disappear, never responding to messages again.

Years ago, after my divorce, I used POF and met actual people, had a few meetups and dates. Nothing ever came of it. Ended up dating a couple of years that a friend introduced me to and then another guy for a year that I met in a bookstore. This time around with POF, haven't even gotten to a point of a phone conversation - it's like when it comes to the time to actually talk or meet me in person they bolt.

The dating world in your 40's is fabulous. And I thought it sucked in my 30's. lol.
 HappinessOK
Msg: 50
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/30/2011 8:50:19 PM
POF.....Plenty of Fakes
POF.....Plenty of Flakes
POF.....Plenty of Flings
POF.....Plenty of Frauds
POF.....Plenty of Fables
POF.....Plenty of Falsehood
POF.....Plenty of Frogs
POF.....Plenty of Freaks
POF.....Plenty of Felons
POF.....Plenty of Fockers
POF.....Plenty of Faggots
POF.....Plenty of Facade
POF.....Plenty of Fairytales
POF.....Plenty of Fantoms
POF.....Plenty of Fiction
POF.....Plenty of Friction
POF.....Plenty of Fabrication
POF.....Plenty of inFadelity
POF.....Plenty of Fatal attraction
POF.....Plenty of Fockbuds
POF.....Plenty of Farce
POF.....Plenty of Fussies
POF.....Plenty of Farts
POF.....Plenty of Fantasies
POF.....Plenty of Freedom
POF.....Plenty of Fatigue
POF.....Plenty of Fece
POF......Plenty of Futility
POF.....Plenty of Failures
POF.....Plenty of Frustration!!!

Its All FREE so what do we expect? heeheee
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 51
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/31/2011 3:36:34 AM
There are people gaining LTR's daily...its still happening...

If you thinly things have changed, they haven't.....YOUR perception has though.
Work to make yourself worth MORE than a quick lay if that's all potential dates see you as!

Or you can sit there and cry...pretend the problem is with everyone else!
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 52
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/31/2011 4:45:26 AM
I hardly get any emails & when I do it is generally men w/ no pics who want freaky sex that they do not get from their wives
no thank you
 DivineBovine
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/31/2011 4:45:39 AM

There is also a constant attempt by guys much younger than myself trying to make contact.

age restrictions are your friend - set them and the problem disappears!

Ruby Ru
Msg: 54
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/31/2011 5:58:41 AM
That's the obvious. "You ever heard the saying. You can't control you comes to the show but you can control you you invite on stage"

Online/ offline both are consumed with people with ulterior motives. Don't think the nice guy smiling in grocery store didn't take a look at your boobs , when you went to place the milk in the cart...

Be smart! pay attention to what people do NOT SAY and all their actual motives will surface. Now if you don't acknowledge and respond accordingly then you become a victim.....

RR
 ForumsGee
Msg: 55
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/31/2011 1:01:42 PM
I think it also has a lot to do with availability... Florida is the state that I live in..the ratio female to male is 7 to 1, Yes!! SEVEN Women to one man!! Now granted most of the women are over 70 BUT it still gives the men an unfair advantage!

Also, many wealthy older men retire to this state..they can BUY a younger woman..and believe me the fountain of youth is right here!! lol women are swimming in botox pools here so consequently a lack of decent/average men. I dont intend becoming a fake to snare a man !

I'm stuck in a caccoon.... lol
 MikeWM
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/31/2011 1:26:15 PM
I want to move to florida

Actually, just the weather is reason enough
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >