Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ForumsGee
Msg: 57
Has anyone else noticed?Page 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
^^^^ lol, come on down, the weather is great and the water is warm. Just make sure you have dollars in your pockets..some of the women down here are thirsty and hungry and want boob jobs ;) The sun does have an effect on folks down here
 imasterbate
Msg: 58
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/31/2011 8:11:14 PM
PNW. Isn't that is the point to dating. Why would anyone bother dating if there were no chance for sex.
 larissan04
Msg: 59
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/31/2011 9:04:58 PM
well, when i changed my profile, thereby making it abundantly clear that i was looking for a relationship, the number of messages dropped in half - which was fine with me.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 60
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/31/2011 10:52:34 PM

Also, many wealthy older men retire to this state..they can BUY a younger woman..and believe me the fountain of youth is right here!!

This cliche' is so worn out....even if true who cares...if they're happy and getting what they want, so be it!

lol women are swimming in botox pools here so consequently a lack of decent/average men. I dont intend becoming a fake to snare a man !

I'm stuck in a caccoon.... lol

Sorry, not having something you want and blaming others for it is a cop out!

Perhaps you should venture out of your COCOON!
 PattyCakes629
Msg: 61
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/31/2011 11:57:14 PM
No, it's true! I've only been on this site for about a year, but I see so many douchey looking guys with their shirts off who pretty much state in the profile that they just "wanna have a good time"...who even MESSAGED me saying they just wanna bang...and it's like WTF! Go to somespamsite.com or something. It's so aggravating!
 PattyCakes629
Msg: 62
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/31/2011 11:58:28 PM
I did not say "somespamsite.com" I said adult friend finder dot com. HA! I beat the ****in' system. :-p
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 63
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 11/1/2011 6:02:44 AM

Sorry, not having something you want and blaming others for it is a cop out!

Perhaps you should venture out of your COCOON!

Good point, wheather it be men or women, but not only of their emotional additude but also very telling where the person is at with people in general.
And if so, once you fall into the negative in why oh why blame game, then imo one has a life sentenced to ," the Cocoon" theres no getting out of that! lol
 ohenryx
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 11/1/2011 10:39:05 AM

PattyCakes629 said:
so many douchey looking guys with their shirts off who pretty much state in the profile that they just "wanna have a good time"

And just what is wrong with "wanna have a good time"?

Dating is supposed to be FUN. You are supposed to have a "good time", while in the company of an attractive member of the opposite sex.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 65
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 11/1/2011 11:57:20 AM
I've been on and off here for eons. I started out answering
everyone who sent me a message and meeting people even if
I didn't feel an initial attraction. I stopped doing that and only
responded to people I was actually interested in meeting and
never again met anyone I didn't like right off the bat.

Now I pretty much ignore everyone and I'm getting more mail
than ever even though for the most part my profile is usually
hidden. Apparently you can email from the forums.

Anyways, I no longer take this place seriously and I find it
interesting that so many do and are disappointed. It's a free site.
They don't reject you or check your references when you apply.
How could there not be weirdos on here? And so what if some
profiles say they want to have a good time? Not everyone here is
looking for love, marriage and a baby carriage.

I don't know why the people who find Plenty of Farktards so annoying
and disappointing don't just leave and go someplace where the clientele
is more genial and conforming to their needs.

On the upside...the forums are fun.
 kissingkimber
Msg: 66
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 11/1/2011 7:34:35 PM
Noticed??? Ha HA I have so many blocked guys its a surprise that I can still get emails. LOL I have found that since I have big boobs that it tells guys Im good for one thing. NOT HAPPENING. Also if your attractive you cant show an elbow in a pic or its too much for guys to stay clean in chats. Go figure!
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 67
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 11/1/2011 8:16:04 PM
KISSINGKIMBER.....Sorry dear, you're a perfect example of women who put it out there then complain.

Most of your pictures are you showing off your hiked up boobs and pushing your cleavage at the camera, kissy duckfaces and then in your profile you say you want someone who will lay around the house with you!

Oh, and Kissingkimber for a user name? What does THAT imply?

What the heck are you doing complaining about the guys only seeing you as as sex toy when that what your profile advertises?
 rokymtnman
Msg: 68
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 11/1/2011 9:08:44 PM
Don't know, but here's what I've noticed in the short time I've been at POF.
I am not bad looking, unattractive. Of course I've come to think my age (56) is working against me. I don't look 56. I believe that. Am athletic. Most people I meet in person or know say I look 42-43.

With that said, I get the impression the women I have emailed or tried to chat with on line (who never reply) immediately disqualify me based on my age. The 40-something single woman is holding out for a 40-yr-old or younger single guy thinking all 50-yr-old-plus men are like dating a senile old man. Come on, late-30s and 40s women! There are guys out here like me not looking for a quick lay but an attractive, personable, fun woman to date and maybe more if we hit it off.

Don't be so fearful and go strictly on pics. I always say "no guarantees," let's meet for fun and if something clicks we take it from there. If not, we say thanks and go our ways.
 kissingkimber
Msg: 69
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 11/1/2011 9:25:35 PM
I have two pics where im in a tank top. thats me take it or leave it! Yes I love to lay around the house and I am very affectionate. Whats the problem? Does not mean I deserve lude sex comments in my inbox!I clearly put I want a long term relationship. Really people??? I am not going to downplay who I am or what my body looks like for anyone people just need to except that sexy ppl dont always want sex. Read the profiles, that tells you what the person is looking for. Don't Judge a Book by it's Cover!!!!
 Yankee again
Msg: 70
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 11/1/2011 10:45:41 PM
have not found a date on here in a long time. But in the past I did. Seems the last few years the pond is drying up. I keep trying maybe it will be restocked with better pickings. I saw a few tonight. We will see.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 71
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 11/1/2011 11:07:27 PM

. Does not mean I deserve lude sex comments in my inbox!

Deserve? No, should you EXPECT it...definitely!

. Really people??? I am not going to downplay who I am or what my body looks like for anyone people just need to except that sexy ppl dont always want sex.

And the tripled who respond aren't going to change either...they know what they want and as long as you're showing off how sexy you think you are then they are gonna bite!

I'm not saying you're wrong for wanting to be whatever you are...what I'm saying is you need to quit b!tching about people being themselves too! If you want to show everyone your cleavage and be flurry, by all means do so....you just gotta realize that men will respond based on what you're doing....some that you think are creepy or whatever.....it goes with the territory!
Quit being so coy...if you didn't want the attention you'd do something different.

heavenfun
Msg: 72
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 11/1/2011 11:49:33 PM
I think that of course everyone is right to some degree. Men will ALWAYS take the shot and throw something out there and see what the response is some sooner than others, it is up to you to deflect it. I have been on here for almost 3 years and I have met lots of guys and not had to worry about the sex thing because I nipped it in the bud and asked for and recieved nothing but respect. Here is the thing, the creator of people was pretty tossed when he made us so different. Men like the chase and women treat others the way they want to be treated. The world itself helped by media is over sexed. Its just more accepted now, so while you may have been raised with traditional values, the times have changed and you have to figure out exactly what you want and what you will accept. If the dude is fresh tell him he is barking up the wrong tree. He will either shape up or he will dig out, either way your golden :)

And POF is better than any other site. I have done them all and this is the only one that people actually communicate. For all the money I spent on the others I met maybe 2 guys, the rest have been on POF. Its the law of averages. On here you are exposed to more options, be picky be anyway you want to be, just remeber every action has a reaction.
 heavenfun
Msg: 73
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 11/1/2011 11:56:45 PM
I am gonna go out on a limb and say your just mad cuz the messages arent coming from men that you consider cute or sexy. I have h cup boobs and I get coments sometimes I just ignore them. If I have learned anything from being single for 7 years, it is that if what you are doing isnt working change it. Rework your profile, add some new pics and have fun.
 platypus_man
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 11/2/2011 5:07:42 AM

Has anyone else noticed that this seems to be a meat market? When I was on POF a few years ago, people were actually looking to date. Now it seems that they are only looking to get laid. I think the name should be changed to PieceOfAss. Am I the only one having this issue, or are people actually finding dates?

I don't think anything has changed. Women are going to get lots of guys spamming them because lots of guys just want sex. That's nothing new. And those of us who aren't just looking for sex, aren't attractive to a lot of women. I can't say for sure; the percentage of women who would even consider dating me is less than 1%, so I don't know how often the more average people find someone to date.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 75
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 11/2/2011 6:19:28 AM

With that said, I get the impression the women I have emailed or tried to chat with on line (who never reply) immediately disqualify me based on my age. The 40-something single woman is holding out for a 40-yr-old or younger single guy thinking all 50-yr-old-plus men are like dating a senile old man. Come on, late-30s and 40s women! There are guys out here like me not looking for a quick lay but an attractive, personable, fun woman to date and maybe more if we hit it off.

This is a problem that many women OUR age find.
Men OUR age looking for women quite a bit younger.
I guess it works the other way as well. Young women
not really looking for anyone older than them. Older
women get disqualified all the time on here because of their
age. It's hardly a gender thing.
 MikeWM
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 11/2/2011 6:24:07 AM

Yes I love to lay around the house and I am very affectionate. Whats the problem? Does not mean I deserve lude sex comments in my inbox!I clearly put I want a long term relationship. Really people??? I am not going to downplay who I am or what my body looks like for anyone people just need to except that sexy ppl dont always want sex. Read the profiles, that tells you what the person is looking for. Don't Judge a Book by it's Cover!!!!

If the cover says SEX SEX SEX then its reasonable to expect sex when you start reading the book

If on the other hand it says accounting techniques for beginners and you started reading it and it was all about sex then you would have a grievance

From the pics you "appear" to be fully aware of the "sexual appeal" of tits on the general male population, and youre using that quite clearly to your advantage

And then youre complaining about it afterwards which is very strange behaviour

If you dont want purely sexual advances then dont deliberately try to use sex to stand out from the crowd, its not that complicated really

If on the other hand youre genuinely so "special" that you have no idea about men seeing tits as sexual objects then I really dont think you should be considering dating without your carer or some other responsible adult to supervise you as that level of naivity and lack of understanding of the grown up world means you need protection from your own lack of comprehension
 kissingkimber
Msg: 77
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 11/2/2011 2:48:11 PM
I wasn't complaining at all about the site and was only commenting and adding my two cents, like everyone else. I checked out other womens profiles and my pics are not that revealing. Yes I take pics where I look the cutest. DUH!! Also cleavage is everywhere on this site and out there in the real world but that doesnt mean the women are trampy or is just looking for sex. Why can't some men just be responsible for what they say and how they read a women and not blame the women cuz she has cleavage. lol Also I see women on here in swimsuits or short shorts but no one is saying how sl*tty she is. Why is everyone so sensitive when it comes to boobs? Also subtle is clearly based on one persons belief of what subtle is.
 Chase_6969
Msg: 78
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 11/2/2011 4:36:56 PM
I would like to share my first time experiance meeting a lady from the POF site. I meet her in a nice place. We had dinner. We chatted for two hours. We held hands at the table. I walked her to her SUV and kissed her passionately for 20 minutes. We made a second date. She was wonderful.

Two days later we were to meet. She was 6 hours late. I gave her my address and she came to my home. Almost immediately we were in bed having sex. She was skilled and was able to get a rise out of me. It was sorta OK. She had to leave after two hours.

We meet 4 days later and we had a F*%K a thon for 3 hours. I took my time and counted that I gave her 7 orgasms. She was elated. She left in the morning a glow.

I moved her in the following week. Then she told me she was living with a guy and I had stolen her away... She had told me she was alone before. Almost immediately I realised somthing was wrong (a drip) I went to the doctor and she did likewise. She had raging Trich infection and antibiotics were prescribed.

It's been a month since the first pill... she is still raw inside and the doctor has prescribed another viral antibiotic. We have not been intimate for a month.

She related to me that she was dating men from POF, about 4-10 a month. She would usually come to their homes and have sex with them. I told her she was doing booty calls. She was angry and said she was "dating" she related several of her men. One was married and she found out from ATT when she went to get her cell phone checked, Another had sex with her once and blocked her. a 53 year old guy wanted to meet her, but only if she agreed in advance to have sex with him. She admitted she wanted to meet him and have sex to see if he would "fall in love with her" she also had over 400 men on her cell phone contact list. "Wayne POF Blue Eyes" "Stan 8 inches" the list went on and on. She kept the texts and pictures of mens penis's. I told her that I did not want to know about the others and that if she wanted to be with me that she would have to let go of these men. She refused saying that she liked her friends... She gets dozens of txt's all night long from men who want to meet her or men she already had sex with. I asked her if she had sex with everyone she met, she said no - some of them did not want to have sex with her. She went on and on about how cut or how professional some of the men she met for sex were. Or how fat, smelly, disgusting the sex was.

She said POF should e renamed POP Plenty of ****.

She moved out yesterday to meet "Scott" a trucker. Then I think she was going to live with Mike her former boy friend.

I'm very disgusted with myself for hooking up with her in the first place.

Never meet a man who starts to text or talk about sex... He only wants one thing.
 TheWonderingGuy
Msg: 79
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 11/2/2011 5:18:28 PM
LOL at the above story.

If women are unhappy about this place being a "meat market" then maybe they should do what those horrible slutty chicks are doing; actually answer their emails and go on a few dates :)
 MikeWM
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 11/2/2011 5:38:15 PM
Haha, yeah LOL x2

Isnt the humour forum that a way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 NonRushingDad
Msg: 81
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 11/2/2011 5:57:25 PM
I think that goes both ways actually.

There seems to be several invisible lines of age thresholds that I suspect are different for men and women. I certainly don't have a problem dating women my age or slightly older, but that's me.

And having small children in your late 40s is probably a turn off for many women my age or slightly older. Without running a statistical analysis, I would say a large majority of the profiles I read discuss wanting to travel, go skiing, hiking, camping, go to Vegas, and specifically state often, I'm done raising kids - no kids... Though I'm generalizing that seems to be quit common.

And I can't blame them.

I'm actually taking time off from dating just to hang out and pursue some hobbies. I also enjoy participating in forums as I learn things I may be doing wrong or need to change to attract the people I want to be with and vice-versa.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >