Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Herman Cain-racism or sexual harrassment?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 vlad dracul
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Herman Cain-racism or sexual harrassment?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
msg 30

im just re reading through the thread and this wee bit from you caught my eye.

i can understand sort off if its continual abuse filing a complaint but some of the most
popular words in the uk just now are **** and ho. used by youngsters who watch
too much american tv or films. would it not be better having a pop at hollywood
rather than a boy who is just repeating what is on tv and film everyday?

you teach in a college? is it public funded by any chance?
you have to take a sexual harassement test every year?
who pays for that? the college?
the reason i ask is
so in these times of economic strife, if indeed what i wrote is the case
money that could be spent on books or maintainance work, lines the
pockets of some dafty charlatan pc stasi operative who 'tests' youse all every year?

now said dafty HAS to find sexual harassement or else their nice little
earner at public expense goes right out the window

it sounds a right barrel of laughs where you work hen
what happens if some poor unfortunate falls foul of said pc stasi sexual harrasment?
do they get sent to re education camp (at college/public expense)?
dont get me wrong local councils in the uk love squandering public funds on 'awareness' and 'diversity' seminars (usually in 5 * hotels somewhere lovely in the countryside after all its only public money)
if someone says something out of order surely you just give the divvy a slap?

as for the cain gadgie he may or may not have done something, the full pc stasi
seem to have made their minds up.
using dare i say it mccarthy type tactics that they keep bleating about

from what ive seen none of them are up to much as 'leaders'

and what you said about the past coming back to haunt? very true. especially when you get known as the class sneak who reports every misdemeanour.

p.s. im no having a pop at you just commenting on what i see as part of the problem with life just now
 timetogo3223
Msg: 52
Herman Cain-racism or sexual harrassment?
Posted: 11/5/2011 6:07:56 AM
vlad...

ol innapropriate remarks?

go on the uk forums and on to the sausages thread

lol

i think you shermans are too uptight sometimes i really do

So true. And now why are they so uptight? Because they need to get laid.
(This will really piss em all off) They just don't like
whose doing the innuendo. Imagine if you could sleep with a hunk and advance your career at the same time? But... you have to be innuendoed first, I guess. Failing that, there are the lawyers.
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 53
Posted: 11/5/2011 9:50:57 AM
IF we can get back to the original thread for just a moment,,, I think what you're gonna find is that this incident is not about the "victim", and it is not about the "alleged perpetrator" either, it is a PR scheme by the victim's attorney, looking to cash in on an incident that has been dead and buried for decades already. He's looking for HIS 15 minutes of fame. And maybe some dineros, or maybe a book deal?
Think of Gloria Allred , defending poor little Ms. "I only got $23 per hour from Meg Whitman" and creating a generous settlement , no doubt, for herself and her client. I am curious what kind of position this illegal alien housekeeper has today. What? She's set up for life by Whitman? Oh, well, I guess that's only fair,,, after all, Whitman wouldn't even give her a glass of water when she was pregnant.
In the meantime, the real people are not so easily fooled. Whitman now has another big CEO job, probably for huge money, and Cain's number are going UP, not down,,,

sidenote : I wonder how many people today would accept that paltry $23/hr housekeeping job from Meg Whitman.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 54
Posted: 11/5/2011 9:59:07 AM
It wasn't created by a lawyer. If you heard him interviewed, he could barely remember the case. He was pressed for details, and he not only couldn't remember them, he couldn't even refresh his memory since he had thrown the file out after 5 years.

Politico found two incidents of women who had been paid settlements for sexual harassment. In both cases the sums involved were more than "nuisance money." Since then, another woman has come forward with a similar story. At this point the strategy will be to attack the women mercilessly to discourage any other revelations from other women.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2011 10:00:10 AM
Yeah, that's interesting. So far, the "scandal" seems to be helping Cain. The groundwork is already in place for supporters to disbelieve any and all reports about their guy, which are negative. Maybe his being attacked, gives him "victim status," which appeals to several voting blocks out there, especially the ones who have trained themselves to support ANY right-side candidate who gets negative press for any reason. Sort of a "we'll give blind allegiance to ANYONE who the evil press says is wrong" psychology. I saw the left do that sort of thing in the old days, when THEY thought the press was always out to get THEM.

In addition, the number one issue if the day continues to be the economy. As long as THAT is so, anxious people will not likely listen to non-economic criticisms of any candidate.
 vnufall
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/5/2011 10:35:53 AM
i heard a laywer on cnn say that the 45,000 dolars was just pay off for a nusance suit. i think it was salary of this woman for the year. yeah no big deal for cain, make distance from it, doesn't remember it, he didn't handle it. the restaurant association did and they aren't talking. with 3 women complaing of harrassment i can't believe it will be swept under the rug. still the far right wants a strong candidate to beat obama at any cost. it reminds me of the birthers out there....lol.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 57
Posted: 11/5/2011 10:55:36 AM
Nuisance suits are settled for 3 or 4 thousand dollars. These settlements were 10 times that amount.

He also broke campaign finance laws. I don't know if that's a felony in America, but he'll be facing prosecution once he finally bows out.
 timetogo3223
Msg: 58
Posted: 11/5/2011 11:22:27 AM
igor...

Yeah, that's interesting. So far, the "scandal" seems to be helping Cain. The groundwork is already in place for supporters to disbelieve any and all reports about their guy, which are negative. Maybe his being attacked, gives him "victim status," which appeals to several voting blocks out there, especially the ones who have trained themselves to support ANY right-side candidate who gets negative press for any reason. Sort of a "we'll give blind allegiance to ANYONE who the evil press says is wrong" psychology. I saw the left do that sort of thing in the old days, when THEY thought the press was always out to get THEM.

In addition, the number one issue if the day continues to be the economy. As long as THAT is so, anxious people will not likely listen to non-economic criticisms of any candidate.

Yeah, right. Sure. Hey, it's just sex. What's the big deal? I'm so proud. I sound so left circa 1998. See, I can evolve.
 matchlight
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2011 11:31:50 AM

So far, the "scandal" seems to be helping Cain.

Maybe that's because most Americans don't like the idea of trying to lynch someone this way. The way sexual harassment laws work invites crooks--usually women--to extort money from their employers. What do they have to lose? If the settlement includes an agreement that neither party will reveal it, how could it hurt their chances of finding another job?

The women involved may be right about what Cain did. We just don't know. He apparently wasn't a party to the settlement agreement--his employer was. And yet he's supposed to rebut, flawlessly, every detail of incidents co-workers accused him of years ago, without even the chance to look at the documents which spell out the accusations.

Just because Cain isn't being hurt by this now doesn't mean it won't sink him later. He may not have done anything wrong. But even if he didn't, as happened with the people falsely accused in the California nursery school case years ago, it may make no difference. Cain doesn't have the news media covering his rear like this President has had, right from the start.

Kicking off your entry into politics in the living room of unrepentant ex-FBI ten-most-wanted terrorist bombers who flaunt their guilt, and proudly declare their Communism and their deep loathing for this country; spending twenty years listening to the quasi-Marxist sermons of a vicious Jew-hater who thinks we deserved 9/11; sharing dinners and babysitting with another Jew-hater who was a propagandist for Yasser Arafat's PLO; appointing, with no one's approval, admitted Maoists, a 9/11 "truther," and ardent defenders of jihadist enemies as your personal policy "czars"--just for starters--hey, no problem, all that's just fine.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2011 12:50:47 PM
msg 65
is that the same thing as owe bama fans ' well he may have known terrorist apologists who hate our country and our way of life and would gladly see us dead but we are sure he realises now that they are naughty people so forget about it and lets get planning the war with iran' type thingy?

oh and see how cains able to rise up the popularity ratings does this mean that the 'scandal' will be consigned to the memory hole shortly?

(just a wee aside but are the xmas smiley thingys not offensive to anyone yet? hey just askin boss)
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2011 1:52:31 PM

It is THE LAW--some people on this thread seem to disregard this issue! Again, I have had lewd comments, propositions from married men, and some inappropriate touching by my "peers," except for the touching, I never reported any of it but effectively stopped the actions. If it had been a boss, I would have sought legal means because of quid pro quo laws and my boss could fire me if I did not comply or respond well to his OR her advances.

Who is saying that it isn't against the law? But you honestly can't sit there and tell me that falsely sexual harassment cases don't occur due to underlining motives like trying to go after someones money. There has been plenty of cases in regards to that in past.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2011 2:03:32 PM
now now steel

you are in breach of the 'victim' law

in fact your thoughts are doubleplusungood

how dare you show dissent

IT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED

go to re education seminar and nod like pavlovs dog when asked to show contrition

now theres a good wee brainwashed washed cowed wee ant

i made a word up before about the liberal types who are nazi/stasi like in their zealotery

intolerant liberals

intlibs
(very 1984, very true)
no one section of society is as intolerant and ban crazy than liberals

(still surprised the xmas smiley things are there they look like racist caricatures of xmas caricature type things)
 Casper66
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2011 3:09:17 PM
I'm not sure if Cain was involved in sexual harrassment or not, only he and the women involved know what really happened, but his PR team should have know it was bound to come out and he should have dealt with it honestly at the time instead of dancing around the subject. I do think it was one of his fellow candidates that leaked it considering his growing popularity, not racism, just good old fashion mud slinging politics.
The problem is that people just don't know when not to spew out any nonsense that comes into their heads, if you don't know how a person is going to react to your comment then just don't say it, if you wouldn't say it to your mom or sister then don't say it to your female co-workers either.
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 64
Posted: 11/7/2011 8:23:09 AM
Don't ya love it when one of your own can predict the future?
"Justice" WILL be served, Gloria Allred has surfaced, to represent one of the Cain accusers. That woman can smell money from thousands of miles . Now all you Doubting Thomases out there will see why a 35K payment is getting away cheap!! Gloria isn't always right, but she's never wrong. She also seems to pop up when Right-wing politicians are involved, NOT that she is biased in whom she represents,,,

sidenote: I personally called her office several years ago for representation in a related matter, and was told, "Sorry, Ms. Allred does not represent men."
 timetogo3223
Msg: 65
Posted: 11/7/2011 12:34:41 PM
vlad...

>intlibs
(very 1984, very true)
no one section of society is as intolerant and ban crazy than liberals

Careful, careful, vlad. The ever-shrill liberals here will accuse you of "flame-throwing" or some such forum-speak and you will be banned, perhaps for an eternity, which is how long vlad drac has, from what I understand.

Your "intlibs" will stand the test of time and no doubt find its way into the lexicon. Great creation! Joe McCarthy, fav dead target of the schrillsters, would be very proud.

I feel sorry for Cain. If only he had been born on the federal plantation, like brother Jesse, and he would not be suffering all this fluff about what is only sex.

I still don't get what's the big deal: it's only about sex. I'm thinking, especially with this last accuser, that some of these intlibs are just too afraid that a white woman might be attracted to a powerful black man. The intlibs are probably ruing the day that Margaret Sanger, a liberal fav, didn't get her wish to sterilize those darker people.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 66
Posted: 11/7/2011 4:59:36 PM

I feel sorry for Cain. If only he had been born on the federal plantation, like brother Jesse, and he would not be suffering all this fluff about what is only sex.

Really...sexual harrassment is about power and control over a person...typically, a person of the opposite sex...I'm sure the woman who accused Cain, today, of groping her, felt like it was only sex.

I still don't get what's the big deal: it's only about sex.

And yet, when it was ex-President Bill Clinton, it was everything about sex...and in that case, at least, it was consentual.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 67
Posted: 11/7/2011 5:10:16 PM

I still don't get what's the big deal: it's only about sex.

And yet, when it was ex-President Bill Clinton, it was everything about sex...and in that case, at least, it was consentual.

Actually he was accused and paid off more than one lady before he became the president.....If you go back and check the "main stream media" AKA as left wing supporters only had 16 seconds of coverage of this.

And just to set the facts straight this is RUMOR from the far left wingnuts......Not one lady has come forward saying it was him that harassed them.

We don't even know if the payout the NRA paid was about him....Only that it happened while he worked there.

Yet he has been tried and convicted by the left wingnuts!

Why?

Maybe because a person of color is running for the GOP nomination against another person of color that has been president for less than 3 years and has increased the national debt over 5 trillion dollars while the unemployment rate continues to climb.

Even though he has admitted his first "stimulus" didn't work he wants to do another that spends another trillion.

Will someone please explain the logic of spending your way out of debt......I have never been able to do so.

The way I got out of debt was cutting my expenses so that my income was more than my liabilities.

Allowing me to pay down my debt.

Spending your way out sounds like more fun but the logic escapes me.

Again please explain how this is possible....and why it hasn't worked for Obama if it is such sound financial advice.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 68
Posted: 11/7/2011 5:15:11 PM
It's not a rumour.

He paid off two women who sued for sexual harassment. He's admitted to that.

And a fourth woman has come forward now - a Republican single mother. She came forward partly because none of the other three were willing to get put through the right wing attack media. She's willing to stand up and put a name and a face to the charges. I'm just waiting for all the slander about her to be posted here.

It's not He said/She said. It's He said/She said/She said/She said/She said. And from the sounds of it, he made a habit of this.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 69
Posted: 11/7/2011 5:27:45 PM

It's not a rumour.

He paid off two women who sued for sexual harassment. He's admitted to that.

No he has NOT....
Cain has repeatedly denied wrongdoing and has called the accusations a "smear campaign" in the week since the disclosure that two women reportedly received financial settlements from the NRA in the 1990s after accusing Cain, who led the group at the time, of sexually inappropriate behavior while they were employed there.

His campaign instantly replied to the charge in a statement.

"All allegations of harassment against Mr. Cain are false," it said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/11/07/cain-accuser-claims-candidate-proposed-sexual-interlude-for-job/#ixzz1d4ZE0Beg

As you see he has continued to refute the allegations against him...Yet some are claiming he has admitted wrong doing......Some one is lying.

A woman who used to work for the National Restaurant Association -- the same group once headed by Herman Cain -- accused the Republican presidential hopeful on Monday of an incident of sexual harassment during an alleged 1997 dinner during which she requested his help in finding a job.

Almost immediately, Cain's presidential campaign called all harassment allegations "completely false"

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/11/07/cain-accuser-claims-candidate-proposed-sexual-interlude-for-job/#ixzz1d4YjzjFQ
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 70
Posted: 11/7/2011 5:46:12 PM
You know, you'll have to go to credible websites to find the stories. Referring us to Fox news is pretty pointless - nobody with any sense would actually go to those stories.

Yeah, he denied it, then he admitted it, then he denied it. He's sort of been all over the map.

There are four women now claiming harassment. And I'd willing to give very long odds that there are dozens of others who aren't willing to face the shitstorm that will come at them if they come forward.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2011 7:16:53 PM
The left should lay off going after Cain about this issue, for poltical reasons and play this like a pawn in a chess match and keep his poll numbers from dropping to the point where Romeny ends up getting the nomination. The more attacks Cain is getting from this the more his poll numbers keep dropping. Obama will have an easier time defeating Cain in the national election than a center/right Romney.
 BalderDog2
Msg: 72
Posted: 11/7/2011 7:26:41 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/11/07/cain-accuser-claims-candidate-proposed-sexual-interlude-for-job/#ixzz1d4YjzjFQ

You're kidding, right? You post a link to Fox News and expect anyone to take you seriously?

The Koch Brothers really should of vetted Cain a little better. It was only a matter of time before these two narcissist attempted to put a bought-and-paid-for guy in the White House--they should of made a better choice.

This new women has quite a story. What is she, the 6th or is it the 7th? She claims Cain put his hand up her skirt and tried to push her head into his crotch. Okay then, true or not, Cain is done.

Man oh man what a circus the field has become. Palin, Trump, Bachmann, Perry, Cain...anyone but flip-flopping Romney, who is the only one who actually has a chance of beating Obama.

Who is the next AnyoneButRomney gonna be? Newt?

Man, what a freakshow the Republican party has become. I can say that because I use to be one of them--a Republican, that is. I'm ashamed to admit that, to tell the truth.

I'm kind of hope Perry makes a comeback. I'd love to see a debate between Perry and Obama. What a laugh-riot that would be.
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 73
Posted: 11/7/2011 7:34:44 PM
It's a major win-win for the big "O".
As long as Cain is on the hot seat, national attention is focused away from our real leader , who seems to be stuck like a deer in the headlights by actual events. The Solyndra investigation marches on, the gun scandal in Arizona may lead to Eric Holder's departure, European financial events are handwriting on the wall against Obama-type polices, American unemployment refuses to move , Iran will soon have a bomb, and the Occupiers are holding their ground across the country.
Obama is curiously silent,,,,
 BalderDog2
Msg: 74
Posted: 11/7/2011 8:14:32 PM

As long as Cain is on the hot seat, national attention is focused away from our real leader , who seems to be stuck like a deer in the headlights by actual events. The Solyndra investigation marches on, the gun scandal in Arizona may lead to Eric Holder's departure, European financial events are handwriting on the wall against Obama-type polices, American unemployment refuses to move , Iran will soon have a bomb, and the Occupiers are holding their ground across the country.
Obama is curiously silent,,,,

You must be living in a universe slightly parallel to the one I live in. A bit out of phase from this one, I think.

In this universe--the one I live in, the Solyndra issues is an issue for the right because the right have nothing left. Try as they might to find something on Obama--anything at all--they simple can't. So they will have to settle for Solyndra.

Fast and Furious was not well thought out. Should Holder lose his job? Perhaps. I haven't made up my mind on it--haven't had the time to read up on it all. In this universe we like to know all the facts before deciding on things.

On this side of the phase divide, the financial problems in Europe are tied directly to the mess the greed of the conservative rich got us all into.

American unemployment isn't moving for three reason: 1. Republicans in congress are making sure it doesn't move. 2. Because of low corporate tax rates: these companies now hold their money rather than reinvest in their companies because there is no longer a reason to hide profits in expenses. Reinvestment creates jobs. 3. Small business uncertainty in the economy due to the Republican controlled congress.

Iran has always soon had the bomb--well, at least for the past 10 years or so. When they actually almost do have the bomb, Israel will take care of it.

Everyone is quite please with Occupiers in this Universe. More so every day. Are you saying it is not the same in your universe? You must have Fox News there. We have it also, but mostly this fringe nut-job group we call the Tea Party listens to them. Do you have the Tea Party in you universe?

Finally, in this universe, Obama is not silent about anything. In fact, he's been racking up the flying miles and talking up a storm everywhere he goes--jobs, jobs, jobs. "Pass this bill" is his new catchphrase. The Republicans in congress don't like that. Neither does Fox News. As far as catchphrase go, it's not bad. Bart Simpson's catchphrase use to be, "Eat my shorts." I suppose, after trying to work with them, over and over again for the good of the country, Obama is telling the Republicans in congress the same thing.
 flyguy51
Msg: 75
Posted: 11/7/2011 8:20:59 PM

Small business uncertainty in the economy due to the Republican controlled congress.

This is about the only point you make that I would take issue with. I think that small businesses are uncertain no matter who controls congress. I would bet that many small businessmen probably helped the GOP retake the House, too. No matter which party is in power, the system favors mega corporations over small businesses.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Herman Cain-racism or sexual harrassment?