Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > She's in a relationship, but wants to "hang out"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Maleman999
Msg: 26
She's in a relationship, but wants to hang outPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Tell her you would like to hang out with her-and her boyfriend. The three of you hanging out together. That would put a quick end to it. I guess you're not concerned about her boyfriend finding out if you're even contemplating it. Is it this girl that says her boyfriend is a bum? Maybe she needs to look in the mirror.
 Mr Freedom
Msg: 27
She's in a relationship, but wants to hang out
Posted: 11/4/2011 8:19:11 AM
Yeah bro, here is another guy insight for you,
it means "if you at least try to pretend, i will have sex with you"
BUT... BUT... do never hang out with a girl that is in a relationship, this is not called " hang out" , go to a hotel have some really nice sex and send her back to her a.. hole, untill she realizes for herself what she is missing.
And BTW, no texting , no emails, no pictures, nothing ,plain old conversations and good sex.
She will let you know what she wants after a few times.

Now stop reading , and go book the hotel lol
good luck!
 clayart
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/4/2011 9:05:54 AM

So girls, what exactly does "hang out" mean?

It means you should probably pass on the offer.

or be sure your medical insurance covers, "ass whoopings".

I'd say if you are attracted to her then ask her to meet you somewhere for coffee or whatever. I figure you can never have too many friends. ....

Great advice. Her boyfriend doesn't sound like the, "coffee shop", kinda guy. Maybe she can take him home with her and he can befriend her boyfriend too.
 BountyHunterMike
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/4/2011 10:05:08 AM
Just let me know when you are going to be on "CHEATER'S"
 SC67
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/4/2011 10:13:30 AM
One thing hasn't been asked of OP. Do you have anything she might want? Are you known to blow much $$ on drinking (or other substances) or women? If so, she wants some of that action.

HappyDip had it right...girl is in a dead end job supporting some a-hole for 2 months & still looking for more b.s. to add to her life? Lots of people are suggesting she wants to leave the boyfriend, but I'd say that's unlikely. She wants to party on someone else's dime 'cause all her pennies are going to the boyfriend. She might sleep with you OP. He might kick your a$$. She might be your problem 2 months from now. None of the possibilities sound great.
 4ms4me
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2011 10:14:01 AM

The rumor is

I think it'd be wise not to listen to rumours ...

that she only moved in with him for the short term because she is waiting for some friends to rent a place with. Maybe she's just putting up with her bum of a boyfriend so she has a roof over her head?

If its true that she'll hang out with a bum of a boyfriend that she doesn't respect, with the implication that she's willing to cheat on him, then I think she has some self-esteem issues, and figures it's all good to "use" guys in return for sex. If you don't mind being used in return for sex, have at it. And in this case, especially if you enjoy drama.

Is she hawt, by any chance? And I haven't looked at your profile but are either of you 22 or under?
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/5/2011 9:56:25 AM

So girls, what exactly does "hang out" mean? I can't imagine her boyfriend would be okay with this...I don't want to be "that guy".

Are you serious? There's no hidden code here, man... you know what it means. It means hanging out, and not as platonic friends (regardless of possibly putting on a platonic shell as cover in public, if that).

No, her BF would not be okay with that, and yes, you would be "that guy". It's not a wise decision, and most certainly don't put any emotional eggs in that basket. My advice would be to engage in the situation where you're calm, cool, interested, but up-front that you like her and that you're just looking to "hang out". Emphasizing that spells out "I'm not trying to be your new bf, I'm not here to bring complications, but here to have fun with you -- to hang out..." It's more than friends and treat it as a date as far as making moves is concerned... whether you are just hanging out or a more formal "Date", the processes are the same, and when just hanging out, it should actually be easier to "make a move" psychologically because there's no formalities of "too soon" entering into the equation.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2011 10:00:03 AM
I agree that "hanging out" is an out for a woman to try some intimacy without committing to a relationship or FWB. It could be considered more like a ONS really.
 cutenperky2
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/5/2011 6:24:57 PM
She is a looser who cheats i think. She also appears not happy with the guy she is living with. Move on fast. Tell her you will hang out with her when she is single lol
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/5/2011 6:26:18 PM
It means, "I am in a kind of a relationship but I think it is going south so I want to string you along in case it ends. Oh, and you will bolster my self esteem AND make my boyfriend jealous."
 4everRadiant
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/6/2011 5:05:24 AM
Msg:18 from AintNoDeal might need repeating... or at least, paraphrasing:

You seem to already be hanging out with her.
You're interested because you "know" her business.
Who buys gas everyday? Ok, maybe coffee, but there are other places to purchase java.
You appear to like drama.

Stop all communication with her!
Go to a different gas station!
Gossip isn't helpful!

Improve your social life in a setting that doesn't include a gas station.
You gravitate towards what appears to be a train wreck and you'd like to be on board?

Did I paraphrase that well AintNoDeal? LOL...

Anyway OP, I have to agree with the essentials of that post.
This isn't a good situation; it seems like you already know it yet, for some reason, keep coming back for the coffee?
 _allen_
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2011 5:45:28 AM
1. Rule of Thumb. Don't get involved with ANYONE who is already in a relationship (i.e. courtship, boy/girlfriend, married, etc.)

If you think you're next in line as a love interest to her ... you're not.
If you believe there can be a future with her ... there isn't.

No matter how much she b*itches and complains about her current "situation", fact of the matter is, she's still with her love interest - no matter how much of a jerk, deadbeat or what have you he is. That speak VOLUMES about her character and personality. If she's so miserable, why is she still in the relationship? It's because she wants to be in the relationship.

She's planning on using you to make herself a happier person. She'll hang out with you, spend your money, have a few laughs with you, then go home have sex with her live-in boyfriend. See the problem?

There's no love in it for you. There is nothing in it for you! So why would you put yourself in a situation to where you'll gain nothing from?
 onlydateIF
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/20/2011 12:37:32 PM
Be forewarned:If she'd hang out with you when she already has and is still in a relationship, do a fast forward to when YOU are the boyfriend, again she's unhappy, but she feels it's ok to 'hang out' with another guy. Sorry to rain on your parade, but... This one's pretty easy to predict, doncha think
 vicarious03
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/20/2011 3:20:16 PM
basically she doesn't want to be alone, so she stays with him til she can find someone better. if you were to go out and hang out, and she liked you more, then she may dump him and take you. I personally wouldn't do it, because if she does it to him, then it hurts trust before you even are technically going out yet.
 gingerchick30
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/20/2011 9:06:55 PM
Heck no, OP. She's feeding you a line of B.S.

I've heard that type of line SOOO many times, it's not even funny. Guys that are married or in a relationship saying, "Oh, she doesn't understand me, she makes me sleep on the couch, we might as well be split up, I work so hard to support her because she won't work", etc...etc...

Don't fall for it, because it sounds like she's just wanting your sympathy to get a little side action with you. The fact is, she's with someone else, and if she was all that unhappy she'd dump the guy, right?

Wait for someone that is single.
 gingerchick30
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/20/2011 9:29:18 PM
The OP seems to be MIA... Perhaps he and the gas station girl went off and lived happily ever after??
 carelesswhisper00
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/20/2011 9:33:08 PM
Maybe she is looking to move out of the relationship she is in? You talk to her each time you go into where she works so I would just keep it casual with her. Tell her if she wasn't in a relationship already you may have some interest, who knows you may not be the only one she is wanting to hang out with after hours.
 Giggles10000
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/20/2011 9:43:26 PM
Say...sure is your boyfriend going to go...Id like to meet the man who captured your heart!"
 trplfire39
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/20/2011 9:57:50 PM
"Hang out" in this content is a lure, it sounds to me that she wants to "change out" her boyfriend...My advise, visit another gas station.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/21/2011 10:39:50 AM
Two scenarios I can immediately think of :-

1. She wants someone to play around with but not commit to.

Or

2. She's the type who has to be in a relationship - however crappy, and likes to have the next one lined up before leaving. If she is working two jobs to support a bum who she's lived with for only two months, you have to ask yourself why. I think you are being interviewed as a replacement.
 Sailaway...
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/21/2011 2:10:05 PM
Similar situation with me and a 19year old girl who 'needed a place to stay'..no sex though, just teasing.
Agree with all the advice given...stay away.
 Capn_America
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/21/2011 3:51:39 PM

Find out out tough and crazy her BF is before you do "hang out".

Pfff, I'd say do her. If her bf is moronic enough not to treat her right he deserves what`s coming. If she really is interested in you and her bf acts like a looser, he can croak. Just make sure he`s not some dweeb with a loaded 44....
 cutenperky2
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/21/2011 8:35:59 PM
You dont hangout with someone who is taken... there boyfriend could beat the crap out of u or worse.... she is having an ego trip
 playfulpete
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/12/2012 7:54:15 AM
She wants a piece of a$$ and thats all.Once a cheater always a cheater but if you want to go HANG OUT feel free.Make sure the boyfreind isnt a mother f$%ker first
 Jason31
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/12/2012 2:03:17 PM
Im in the same situation with a coworker. Check out my post its driving me nuts!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > She's in a relationship, but wants to "hang out"