Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Obama is an utter failure.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Imported_labor
Msg: 26
Obama is an utter failure.Page 2 of 43    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)

Let's not forget that the Founding Fathers were slave holders....

Ah! that's nice! First you bring in Tocqueville to sell us a false image of the greatness of America based on a supposed "goodness of character." Then, after I reminded you that Tocqueville witnessed the existence of slavery which made your assertion a little bit suspect, you try to hide behind the Founding Fathers.

If the majority of the people in American were not good then and still good now, there would still be the genocide and the slavery you mention. A small minority of people are the guilty characters in that. A nice, but faulty liberal attempt to condemn the character of the American people.

I guess that you missed the part where I pointed out that some Americans helped the others realize the evil in their ways of making a living. That is a clear indication that I didn't condemn the character of the American people as a whole. I just pointed out for you that Tocqueville witnessed the reality of slavery and predicted that great turmoil and violence would erupt because of it.

If the majority of the people in American were not good then and still good now, there would still be the genocide and the slavery you mention.

You will have to excuse me if I don't understand that sentence because it seems that you messed up the first the first proposition.

The rest of your rant against liberals and progressives I will just ignore because it really doesn't have much bearing on the point that I raised by responding to your selective use of a historical figure such as Tocqueville.

Since you brought in the Founding Fathers as slave holders, I would suggest that in the future you qualify that statement in order to make it reflect the reality of the time a little bit closer. I wouldn't quarrel with someone who says that "some of the Founding Fathers were slave holders."
 flyguy51
Msg: 27
Obama is an utter failure.
Posted: 11/13/2011 3:04:58 PM

is he is going to be re-elected

"Is you is, or is you ain't my baby..."-- couldn't resist.

If Obama does get re-elected, and I am in agreement with you there, it is because the RNC doesn't truly believe it can be much more effective in leading the country to prosperity. I actually hope that the opposing candidate gives Obama a good run for his money, though. "Iron sharpens iron."
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2011 4:14:44 PM
OK, answering my own question on classified executive orders.

A little more digging produced the discovery that at the very least, Presidents GW Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Carter, and FDR have all routinely issued classified executive orders, so as I suspected, there was nothing in Obama's order that gave him any special privilege to issue classified orders NOT already enjoyed by his predecessors.

Indeed, prior to the last century, most executive orders were never recorded anywhere for public viewing.

I'd offer citations to back all that up, but under our new 'burden of proof' rules, it's up to anyone challenging me to prove me wrong....(grin)

Interestingly, I found reference to a classified FDR executive order in the Federal Register, but no reference there to a classified GWB executive order that he publicly acknowledged signing (about wiretaps), although he wouldn't divulge the specific contents.

So all of this brings us back to my original point. All Presidents (since 1789, anyway) have issued executive orders, and certainly all of them in my memory have enraged their opponents by doing so, yet only two have ever been overturned by the courts and while the Supreme Court did clarify what those orders can and can't do, they did NOT find that a President over-reaches his authority by issuing executive orders.

Obama may well have issued classified executive orders, but that's nothing his predecessors haven't done, and there was nothing in his order streamlining the classification system that gave him any special new authority to classify orders he already had the power to classify.
 VGLGuySksFun
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/14/2011 5:35:18 PM
"Read it yourself, and when challenging another posters claim the burden of proof is on you, which you have not provided. "

Kind of like proving that the U.S. was established as a Christian nation... which is what was posed to you and you so promptly avoided and dismissed.
 VGLGuySksFun
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/14/2011 5:45:27 PM
"Anybody who opposes Obama will be smeared personally, the "politics of personal attack", which Dems whine about but have perfected. "

My memory is pretty good and three years ago after the election, i seem to recall untold scores of e-mail in my inbox regarding President Obama as an Islamic terrorist bent on destruction of the U.S. Now that Obama is getting us out of Iraq, out of Afghanistan, helped to take down Khadafi without the single loss of an American life and the killing of Osama Bin Laden, I guess the GOP can no longer credibly take that position... so now it's time to accuse Democrats of doing precisely what the GOP does best... character assasination.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/20/2011 8:17:38 AM

http://zombietime.com/john_holdren/
A MUST READ

Are you getting paid for sending people to those sites that you are getting that kind of sh.t "information"?
 VGLGuySksFun
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/21/2011 5:48:21 AM
"And just who was sending those emails to your "inbox"? "

the staunch right fascist friends of a friend of mine... thinking i am like minded with them. and separately from a couple women i've met on pof who share what they receive from other similar christian conservative fascists.

"I would call him bent on the destruction of the US as we know it, however. The only time I'm terrorized by Obama is when he gives a speech or signs and executive order. "

And so in your opinion we should re-elect the GOP that got us into this mess in the first place? After all, that's the U.S. that we know... remember, the GOP held the presidency for 28 of 40 years before Obama... so if "the president is principally responsible for the nation and the economy" then please tell me who is responsible for the $ 11 trillion in national debt, the greatest transference of wealth from the bottom 80% to the top 20%, the collapse of the banking industry and housing markets, the over 10% unemployment... all in 2008 before Obama was president.
 VGLGuySksFun
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/21/2011 6:53:26 AM
First... i never pointed a finger at a single presidency... so your implication that i blame everything on GWB is unfounded...

Second... yes FDR was the first to create a federal deficit but, prior to Reagan, that deficit totaled less than $ 1 trillion... by the end of GWB, it was $ 11 trillion... and the only time we had a balanced budget was during Clinton. Somehow, when all this happened during this time period, your position is that it was never the fault of a republican president but, now that we have a democratic president... everything is his fault.

Third... Jimmy Carter for the housing mess... REALLY? And it took another 30 years and several GOP presidencies and even a GOP controlled congress to come about... and no one saw it coming? Are we simply going to ignore the fact that a republican congress sponsored and passed the Grahm Leach Bliley Act... deregulating the banks to a state equivalent to 1926 when a similar republican congress did the exact same thing leading to the same result and along with the collapse of the housing market... and what a surprise, we got the same result... So the GOP congress changed the law and we'll simply blame the folks who were executing business using the new law as a basis.

Lastly, no i don't blame GWB for everything... just for 4000+ dead american soldiers executing an illegal war in Iraq under the lie of WMDs... just for the $ 1.4 trillion in additional debt for that war... just for violating the Constitution he was sworn to uphold and defend by invading Iraq without provocation... just for executing huge tax cuts while going to war which drove up the annual debt by about 4X...
In short, while those on the right want to whine about Jimmy Carter... he doesn't come close to the total and utter failure of GWB... and i voted for the man.
 cotter
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2011 8:54:22 PM
^^^^Is that on topic?

If so, how does that gesture make Obama an utter failure?
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/30/2011 8:03:49 PM
And from the other side (pretty funny):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&src_vid=-CAg7nkmqQA&annotation_id=annotation_422695&v=n_YksCPeZt8
 VGLGuySksFun
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/26/2011 2:11:39 PM
"After almost three years nothing is Obama's fault. "

Not true... no one is perfect and Obama has certainly made a few mistakes. The GOP faithful will NEVER admit that anyone from their party ever made a mistake.

As for soldiers dying under this president, did you expect Obama to be able to withdraw the military from the illegal war in Iraq the moment he took office? During his campaign, he promised to go after Bin Laden... and he did... NOW, we can bring the troops home from Afghanistan as well.
 VGLGuySksFun
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/26/2011 2:22:35 PM
You're talking about Bush / Cheney going into Iraq here.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/29/2011 10:54:15 AM
Yeah, the stimulus clearly did work. It's just sort of an article of faith on the right to believe that it didn't.

His health care reform isn't great, but it's better than what was there before. It's not driving up the cost of health insurance - that's another thing that you have to believe despite what the facts are.

But I'm really, really surprised that anyone can claim that his foreign policy has caused, "Our image in the world has gotten worse with our allies and hasn't improved with others." I live in one of those allied nations. You know how much Bush was hated in your country? Doesn't even come close to how much he was hated everywhere else. Your foreign policy was run by an idiot, advised by lunatics. Given a choice between backing American policy under Bush or al Qaeda, it isn't surprising that bin Laden was protected by Pakistan. As a citizen of your closest ally, I'm really glad there's a grown up in the White House.
 Jennywillwin
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2012 2:25:19 AM
I hate Obama, do I get a prize? Well since I have over 7 days worth of food I may just get a title called terr*****. Lol, I don't want POF's robots to kick me off so I am not typing the full word. I may also get detained indefinitely with no charges pressed and no trial, yay for me!

The latest nail in the casket for what was our country as we knew it, was on last Saturday, December 31, 2011 Obama signed the NDAA bill into law :( But he signed an executive waiver to make himself look better. What he should have done was to not sign it at all but remember he has an agenda so he needs to stay on track!

I have to wonder what he wants to do with all the FEMA Camps that are set up here.They have an awfully huge budget for an economy thats in the gutter,hmmm.

http://youtu.be/dc4BcG2OzkI short youtube video =Obama signs NDAA bill
 VGLGuySksFun
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/3/2012 8:07:34 AM
"You guys live in denial...have you noticed that all of the historical markers for a good economy have been changed since Obama has taken office.8% unemployment is now supposed to be acceptable, 1.5% GDP now not so bad, 370,000 new UE claims not so bad..."

And who exactly do you think got the U.S. into this situation?

"Increasing the deficit and extending ue benefits every two or three months isn't helping the Economy it is just digging a deeper hole..."

Just curious... what would a Republican president do for the unemployed?
 Jennywillwin
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2012 11:20:35 AM
Well someone is in denial and it sure isn't me!!! Obama had a choice to sign that bill or not, yes, it would have possibly gotten enough votes to pass by Congress again but the veto is there for a reason. He does what he wants to do. He may also have others telling him what he "wants" to do but he seems to do a great job of supporting the wrong events and signing the wrong bills.

He added what he wanted and protested against it to try to make himself look innocent regarding U.S citizens detainment (caught in a lie, watch the video) and then went ahead and signed it.

http://youtu.be/MObxO0u0aHY
This is the shorter video just so it will hold your attention, Levin speaking.

Obama is as bad as it gets, you haven't done enough homework apparently.
 VGLGuySksFun
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/16/2012 7:35:25 AM
You are listening to and find Mark Levin credible?

You know... 70 million Germans once believed Joseph Goebbels
 AddHomonym
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/21/2012 3:33:01 PM
I actually came in here to try and learn something interesting about the American hard-on for hating President Obama in the media. As a Canadian, I think Obama is fantastic and he couldn't have risen to power at a better time in history.

From where I'm standing, the only reason the United States of America isn't embroiled in a bloody civil war right now, is entirely because of President Obama. He totally saved your asses from ol' Dubbya, he's making damn sure that the American people are going to be looking out for each other and NOT leaving the poor and dispossessed to die in your streets. He has almost single handedly prevented many of your allies from jumping ship like drowning rats and he's done it all while you hate him, insult him, and defy his every effort at every step of the way.

Some of us remember the stinking pile of road apples that he was handed on day one, and the fact that you even have a job or a home to live in is entirely because of him and his administration.

What about Kennedy? He is the King Arthur of American political mythology right? Drug user, womanizer, corruption scandals, organized crime, near nuclear annihilation...

I love Kennedy as much as most people seem to but he wouldn't last six months in the oval office today. He was a great president despite his flaws but today's media is nothing more than a blood-thirsty witch-hunt and despite all that, despite all the pages of hatred in here, President Obama still looks like the best thing to ever happen to the United States of America.

That is one ignorant Canadian guy's opinion.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/21/2012 4:31:47 PM
Yeah, the best headline the day after he won the election was "Black Man Gets Worst Job in the World."

Things aren't great, but they are getting better. You're finally getting out of Iraq; the economy didn't melt down; you have an auto industry; there are articles appearing like, "Cities where property prices are going to rebound." It was a hell of a mess, but it looks like the corner has been turned.

It's not the time to hand the keys back to the guys that drove the car into the ditch.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/26/2012 10:45:13 PM

Due to citizens demands, several states WILL seek to succeed from the nation, which likely will incite a form of civil war,

Secede from the Union, Oh what a great idea! Now lemme take a guess at which states these might be. Hmmm, maybe the carolinas, georgia, Mississipi, Missuori, tennesee. And if I was in Office, I would HAPPILY let them leave; BUT not before they fully re-pay the US treasury of their portion of the US debt! And devoid of any hard assets or green-backs I'd love to see how they are gonna purchase crude oil from Opec, or whose gonna give them any loans!
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/28/2012 6:37:47 PM
You should probably look up the word "dictator" in a dictionary.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/29/2012 12:44:36 PM

Msg 112 is a copy of that poster's posting on another site (as evidenced by the identical photo on that site and on pof.) The partial link posted at the end of the "article" leads nowhere. Transparent attempt at faking legitimacy.

That poster is me. Amy lee Velasco. nice to meet ya.
I can not provide the link to where I posted the story, as the site is not public. I did, however, provide the direct source from the original report

This just proves that cutting and pasting isn't a good journalistic practice, especially when you claim that the site is private. I had no problem accessing that site (http://12160.info/forum/topics/obama-demands-total-control-calling-it-reorganizing-executive?xg_source=activity) where the only contribution from the poster is to add a new, slanted title, much like it was done in the post here in POF. The original title by the original poster was: Obama Seeks New Power ‘With or Without Congress’

So, here are the facts and the evolution of the original information leading to message #112 in this thread: Fred Lucas wrote an article reporting that President Obama was asking Congress for authorization to re-organize his Administration in order to achieve higher efficiency and reduce instances of unnecessary bureaucracy. Amy Velasco cut and pasted Fred Lucas article in another site just adding a slanted title saying that the President Obama "demands total control," and finally Apologist D.A. (aka Amy Velasco) cut and pasted here the article that she had first cut and pasted somewhere else, now adding that the information provided by Fred Lucas proves that the President is :

not a failure at becoming America's first dictator!

All I can say is that the opinions of someone cutting and pasting an article don't become facts just because someone wishes that to be the case. I can't assure you that you would be more successful at communicating your ideas, but perhaps if you bothered to elaborate a bit on your opinions, maybe I wouldn't just shake my head and laugh at the same time.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/31/2012 5:10:14 AM

Just because you all have lowered the standards for what you call a successful Presidency doesn't mean that he is not a failure...

You got it all wrong here. I defend the president from the insane attacks coming from Republican posters in this thread and other topics. That's all. I am not saying that he has been a successful president. He would have to accomplish a few other goals for me to consider him successful, but in my book, he has done a much better job than the previous administration.

The ones that have lowered the standards are on the Republican side. They have accepted all kind of crimes in order to avoid taking responsibility for their failures. From the days of conspiring with the enemy, shredding of documents and refusal to tell the truth during the Reagan Administration, the blatant lying to the people by the G.H.W. Bush Administration, to the treasonous outing of a CIA agent and lies to start an illegal war of the G.W. Bush Administration, I think that you have enough evidence that the Republicans have lowered the standards to avoid recognizing how much of a total failures their last three frauds have been.

If you look at the economic picture, the only president who has been somewhat successful in the last 50 years has been a democrat, Bill Clinton. I know that I am overlooking the bl.w j.b that he got in the Oval Office, and his finger wagging while denying having had sex with the woman who was taking care of him while he was doing a good job for the country.

Obama may end up being a failure, but he is not finished yet. But, what he has accomplished already will show a whole lot more success that the previous president.
 blackprince
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2012 11:05:11 PM
So in your mind all the answers are in the bible is that it, well lets start with this passage in the bible?

The New Testament writer James provides ample warning for Christians in such situations…

“My brothers, as believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ, don’t show favoritism. Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in shabby clothes also comes in. If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, 'Here’s a good seat for you,' but say to the poor man, ‘You stand there’ or ‘Sit on the floor by my feet,’ have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

A clear define example of how we are to treat each other, but it would seem that some modern day Christians forget all this, but love to throw stones and cast judgement.

The sad fact is this, i would say the modern conservative religious movement are no more Christian that say the Dali Lama, but then again he acts me Christ like than most republican Christian.
 blackprince
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2012 11:10:02 PM
Oh please Texas a wealthy state, then pray tell why is there more than 15 million people in your state with no health insurance, you guys take more federal dollars then you pay Taxes. That is the problem with some Texans, you guys have what i like to call narcissistic personalities, Texas is ranked among the lowest in Education, Environmental quality, college graduates and a whole host of societal ills, so please take all that Texas bolstering talk and do some thing else with it. I honestly feel sorry for the people of Texas who actually know there is something wrong with their state and are trying to do something about it.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Obama is an utter failure.