Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Obama is an utter failure.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 926
Obama is an utter failure.Page 38 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
Re- msg 967 : Yes, I am 59, born in Los Angeles, and I have worked full-time since age 14. You ask me to make a choice of health plan options, but you give me no facts. What am I accepting or rejecting?
I can tell you that I do have health coverage through my job, and I have a few choices, and I choose to pay extra to get
better coverage. lots more doctors available, but I have to pay a few thousand per year extra, in addition to deductibles of another 2,000 maximum.
When the time comes, I will review my choices, and make a decision based on what I think is best at that time. It's a bit silly to try to make that decision now, don't you think? I think it's good to have options, in as many facets of life as possible, and if a Medicare option is available, why not at least read the info?
The Federal Gov't has ample ability to cook the books at will, which puts Medicare at an advantage which private insurers cannot match. If Medicare needs funds, there are too many ways to shift money, to make that choice appear a better deal. If a private company does the same, the "Enron accounting" is too easy to spot.
 Jennywillwin
Msg: 927
view profile
History
Obama is an utter failure.
Posted: 10/3/2012 6:56:27 PM
Who is watching the debate?

I think Romney is coming off pretty well so far. Better than Obama for sure.
 PGL7
Msg: 928
Posted: 10/3/2012 7:05:21 PM
Romney is killing him right now on OblameOCare!
 Jennywillwin
Msg: 929
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2012 7:12:29 PM
Romney; "Free People, Free Enterprise" Sounds good to me :)

Obama is being allowed too much overtime to speak.
 PGL7
Msg: 930
Posted: 10/3/2012 7:17:44 PM
Mr. OblameO I have read about Abraham Lincoln... and you sir are no Abraham Lincoln!

"humada humada humada" is about all that OBlameO can say....
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 931
Posted: 10/3/2012 7:54:11 PM
Obama looked old and tired.
Hope & Change needs a mojo transfusion.
 OyVay...
Msg: 932
Posted: 10/3/2012 8:12:38 PM
Ahhh, I see the boo birds are out in force tonight!

"old and tired"

Yeah, you'd look old tired as well, if you spent the last 4 years...cleaning up shrub's mess!

Matter o fact, you DO look old and tired! lol Well we now know Jim Laher is really dead and one of the zombie's. To let him stay in mittness protection and not address, the $5 trillion that he doesn't explain, but instead says "no I never said that"...what a fukin liar this shister is....

Gone is the mittster of "oh I will kill that", and a new one is here "I agree, I will keep that program"...

If ANY OF YOU...are really republicans, and believe in your ideals, your party beliefs...how is it you support a guy who just shit all over everything you believe in? 'I will not raise taxes on the middle income americans"...despite all his discussions, statements and policies...he lied... HE LIED and you know it.

I guess Jim Laher, forgot the people of our country want an answer about the "47%" comment...but decided to let the mittster off the hook....

How do explain you explain his tax proposals....he wants a $5 trillion dollar tax cut, which is a "20% tax cut" which he has repeatedly said....how do we get there with deduction cuts...????
 PGL7
Msg: 933
Posted: 10/3/2012 8:21:47 PM

Yeah, you'd look old tired as well, if you spent the last 4 years...cleaning up shrub's mess!

Ya gotta love it OblameO does poorly in the debate and it's George Bush's fault.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 934
Posted: 10/3/2012 8:29:32 PM
No doubt that MR was lying and re-packaging himself on some issues
But why did Obama let him off the hook?

Obama didn't say much when MR kept pressing about how Obama gave Sonydra et al $50Billion! Obama could have countered by saying why he outsourced all his jobs while at Bain but didn't say much

MR said he wouldn't raise taxes on the middle class but then lamented at his fund-raiser that 47% of American don't pay taxes

When Lehrer asked MR if he supports vouchers MR side-stepped the question entirely; and JL didn't call him on that! Jl shouldn't be moderating any debates, he seems too befuddled!

Obama seem to have a better command of the facts but didn't articulate them too well!

Don't think Obama was too well prepared for this, but MR had 3 months to practice his lies

In the eyes of the gullible it would seem that MR won this debate!
 matchlight
Msg: 935
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2012 9:07:06 PM
^^^^^I know whistling past the graveyard when I hear it.
 PGL7
Msg: 936
Posted: 10/3/2012 9:18:00 PM
In the eyes of the gullible it would seem that MR won this debate!

Only in the eyes of the delusional did Romney not win.

Even Obama backers are conceding defeat....
This from Bill Mahr...
“[I] can’t believe [I]‘m saying this, but Obama looks like he DOES need a teleprompter,” Maher tweeted towards the end of the first presidential debate. Just in case his disappointment with Obama’s performance wasn’t clear, he cracked that “Obama made a lot of great points tonight. Unfortunately, most of them were for Romney.”
 OyVay...
Msg: 937
Posted: 10/3/2012 9:44:46 PM
"whistling past the graveyard"

Gotta luv the comments...see this is a key to the difference between cheating conservatives/republicants and dems/liberals.

When we lose a debate, we ask why our candidate was timid or didn't attack when he could have. We ask for reasons, we seek answers. Now if Romney was pressed, if Laher didn't act like a dead man, waiting for his last cup of soup before shaking off this mortal coil...we would hear the sniffling of "wah wah...it wasn't fair"..."wah wah...they didn't have the right to press him like that"!

Your guy won, nothing more, nothing less...he still lied his azz off through the whole thing...that ain't conjecture, that's fact! The numbers don't lie, there is no way possible to fund a $5 trillion dollar tax cut, without someone paying for it. There is no escaping the "47%" comment, unless he is pressed for an answer to it.

I cannot say why Obama didn't press home the point, to me, his advisors were wrong, in telling him to let this shister off the hook. AND THAT is all I can surmise.

I listened to the crowing on faux news...was a treat...their big point was "there are less spin doctors for Obama in the spin room, than for Romney"...is that news? Is that defeat? Hahahahahaa!

Nobody seems to want to hold Willard( a rat if ever I saw one)'s feet to the fire. If you believe this will change the race, you are kidding yourselves. There are 2 more to go, and I'm sure mittness protection will not work in those.
 Dcmotz1
Msg: 938
Posted: 10/3/2012 9:55:19 PM
I find that Oy guy kinda funny! Mitt DID speak about the lie Obama was spewing about the 5 trillion debt and 2 trillion Military budget. You just did not listen...You sat there and cheered for Obama even though he had his butt handed to him!
 PGL7
Msg: 939
Posted: 10/3/2012 10:17:17 PM

I find that Oy guy kinda funny! Mitt DID speak about the lie Obama was spewing about the 5 trillion debt and 2 trillion Military budget. You just did not listen...You sat there and cheered for Obama even though he had his butt handed to him!

It's now "OyVey ...are we ever in trouble!'
 vlad dracul
Msg: 940
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2012 11:16:45 PM
this is getting a wee bit of coverage in the uk. and remember this is from the liberal grauniad. do any of you
canadians see this as being important in the coming election? will it be debated do you think? whats your
take on this below and what are youse going to tell the americans what to do?

Conservative media release old video of Obama in so-called 'explosive' exclusive
Fox News, Drudge Report and Daily Caller say 2007 video shows Obama playing the race card and praising former pastor
''It covered a speech to a mainly black audience in which he accused the federal government of failing to provide sufficient monetary help for the victims in New Orleans of Hurricane Katrina, contrasting this with the assistance given to New York after 9/11.
He suggested that this may have been because the federal government did not care as much as the victims of Hurricane Katrina, who were mainly black.
"What's happening down in New Orleans? Where's your dollar? ... Tells me that somehow the people down in New Orleans they don't care about as much.''

''Obama is also seen as praising his pastor in Chicago, the Reverend Jeremiah Wright, whom he was to disown the following year. "My pastor, the guy who puts up with me, counsels me, listens to my wife complain about me. He's a friend and a great leader. Not just in Chicago, but all across the country," he said.
On his show, Hannity contrasted Obama's praise for Wright in 2007 with his condemnation of Wright in March the following year, implying hypocrisy. But Obama only disowned Wright after video footage was shown of a fiery rant by the pastor denouncing America and said at the time he did so with a heavy heart, acknowledging how important he had been in his life.''

''Hannity did not have it all his own way on his show. Fox political analyst Juan Williams, who is black, accused him of playing the race card.'' (why would fox news have allowed the race card comment if it is so biased against obama?)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/oct/03/obama-video-pastor-hurricane-katrina

eeeee nowt like a good race card being played eh?
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 941
Posted: 10/4/2012 4:10:27 AM
Oy, be strong, my brother.
Joe Biden is gonna slice& dice Paul Ryan and make him wish
he never went into politics. This will be more entertaining
than the Oscars , like "Requiem for a Lightweight", perhaps?
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 942
Posted: 10/4/2012 7:01:16 AM

Only in the eyes of the delusional did Romney not win.

I'm not saying that MR didn't win; but rather the way in which he won!
Its easy to win by playing a "3 card monte-like" game
and your opponent doesn't call you on it!

I give MR credit for calling out Obama when he said things that were in doubt
But Obama did not cut into MR, when he had the chance.

MR offered no specifics on:
how he was gonna cut spending without sacrificing cuts--> fuzzy math!
how he was gonna reform medicare without vouchers--> he side stepped the question
how he was gonna create 12 million jobs--> without gov't spending on infrastructure
how he is gonna replce Obamacare with-->when his own Romny care plan is virtually identical!

Btw...giving tax breaks to the rich DOES NOT help create jobs!
--it didn't help in the 8 yrs of Gwb
--it didn't help in the last 4 years of Obama's tenure
--and it won't help if MR wins

It will just put more money in the pockets of mega businesses, as MR has pledged to honor the GOp dogma!
We know what MR really thinks by his secretly recorded speech; It could all be capsulized as: "Let them eat cake (sh!t), and die"---when it comes to the working poor & middle class!

So yes! Your boy won that debate; and it may have helped him recruit some of the gullible voters!
 Aries_328
Msg: 943
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2012 8:55:24 AM

MR offered no specifics on:
how he was gonna cut spending without sacrificing cuts--> fuzzy math!
how he was gonna reform medicare without vouchers--> he side stepped the question
how he was gonna create 12 million jobs--> without gov't spending on infrastructure
how he is gonna replce Obamacare with-->when his own Romny care plan is virtually identical!

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Yes, your problem with specifics is super funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU

We have to pass the bill so you can see what is in it...
 Aries_328
Msg: 944
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2012 11:30:19 AM

hat's my man! We want to have a few more fights for the good of the people of our country. Let's go for it! We need to win the House and elect people to the Senate who will work with the president to give all the people the opportunity to achieve the American dream!

That was about as deep as a horoscope. Kind of fits everyone equally. What is the American Dream? According to your version of history it never existed as anything but the rich holding down the poor and working class. Do you have specifics or do you only speak in horoscope generalities.
 PGL7
Msg: 945
Posted: 10/4/2012 1:22:47 PM

Funny how all the far right-wingers have come out declaring that their boy won the fight last night. I am not one to say that Romney won at all. He may have scored a punch or two, but president Obama also scored a few of his own.

How about the leftists saying Romney won...

“If Romney keeps this up…Obama is going to vote for him!”
Michael Moore tweet.

Or this from Chris Mathews OblameO drooler...
“I don’t know what he was doing out there. He had his head down, he was enduring the debate rather than fighting it. Romney, on the other hand, came in with a campaign. He had a plan, he was going to dominate the time, he was going to be aggressive, he was going to push the moderator around, which he did effectively, he was going to relish the evening, enjoying it,”
Chris Mathews

Want more...

i can't believe i'm saying this, but Obama looks like he DOES need a teleprompter
3 Oct 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite
Bill Maher

@billmaher
Romney looks more confident and energetic - he's about a minute away from holding Obama down and cutting his hair. This better be ropeadope
Bill Maher

@billmaher
Obama made a lot of great points tonight. Unfortunately, most of them were for Romney
Bill Maher

@billmaher
i must say, of all the Romneys i've seen, this Debate Romney is my favorite
Bill Maher

@billmaher
my rating: Romney won the debate, Obama had the facts on his side, and Lehrer sucked. Next debate, get @SethMacFarlane to host!

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/81998.html#ixzz28MbVGwtE
 VGLGuySksFun
Msg: 946
Posted: 10/4/2012 3:27:48 PM
And God willing, your employer will continue to provide you with decent health insurance... and then you'll inevitably be on Medicare and, if you like, you can also purchase supplemental insurance... so you'll never have to concern yourself with ObamaCare.

On the other hand, there are millions of full time employees who are not offered health insurance throught their company. These are the people that need public health insurance... a modicum of basic care... it doesn't have to cover everything... it's simply better than having nothing.
Lastly... according to the Congressional Budget Office... ObamaCare saves taxpayer money over time.
 matchlight
Msg: 947
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2012 6:21:34 AM

Oh yes, self-determined individuals, have all the rights to achieve their goals, even if trampling down on others in order to do so. For them, the American Dream; for the rest of us, the nightmare of poverty and hopelessness.

Yes, let's get out the crying towel for all you victims of those rapacious self-determined types. If anyone or anything is holding you back, you don't say who or what it is. Which grievance group do you belong to, and what makes you think anyone owes you even the time of day?

It's revealing that you assume people necessarily trample on other people to achieve their goals. There's never more than so much pie to go around, and rich, greedy capitalists exploit the poor working man to grab more than their fair share--sounds a lot like Karl Marx. Oh, the nightmare of poverty and hopelessness, here in the citadel of plutocracy--that evil empire, the United States! Ever think of trying your luck someplace else, instead of enduring the misery here?
 Aries_328
Msg: 948
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2012 8:45:55 AM
For them, the American Dream; for the rest of us, the nightmare of poverty and hopelessness.

It is not available to you by entitlement. It requires effort and sometimes luck. There is the ability to fail and no requirement to try again.

It is available to all unless, you are truly not capable, you are injured in some material way, or if there is no desire because of belief that it is not available.

The nightmare of poverty and hopelessness when born into it, only self sustains if the person is not taught nor shown a way to succeed on their own. Entitlements from the government can maintain this state.

No one said to leave those in poverty and hopelessness to fend for themselves and wall off the garden. Their is assistance and many many many forms. That should not be an entitlement. Just assistance to try to move beyond. How awful is it that welfare programs provide enough food and housing that if the person gets a starter low wage job they can not afford and welfare is then taken away because the person can work. That's the governments version of keeping poor people poor. How else could it be without people taking advantage of the system?

And you still haven't described what you assume 'the American Dream' to be. I have a feeling you think it means to become rich. If it is... that is an American fantasy. It use to be self reliance with property. Population has made that one difficult. So it turned into self reliance with successful business. No where was it ever said you would be come rich. Mostly self reliance.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 949
Posted: 10/5/2012 8:50:09 AM
Imported- Do YOU live in the nightmare of poverty and hopelessness?
I always thought Cape Cod was a pretty nice place.
 Aries_328
Msg: 950
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2012 11:23:08 AM

It won't help much people like myself who became unemployed in their early sixties, right before reaching the age to start collecting social security, and now we will be receiving a much reduced monthly amount due to the reduced earnings during the years when we should have been earning the most.

Totally understand and am freaked out by the possibility also. My father was on the job for 35 years, had a retirement package and made it all the way through and retired. That doesn't exist for me nor almost everybody today. Only government employees and a few industries. And the government unions are doing their best to basically ruin it for everyone. Teachers and Government workers unions.

I have family that has worked in a job for 25 years. Health issues happened and now he can't work.

So, yeah how is this rich people stealing from everyone? The companies can't survive the unions. No business ever starts to create jobs. No business owner ever creates a business to employ people nor to take care of them for life. It just doesn't happen and doesn't work that way. Only the government operates this way and they do it by taking from everyone else.

Why did retirement packages and benefits exist more frequently in private business prior to government programs? Now all I get is a 401k which is weakly managed mutual funds.

So, yeah, you complain now. But what does you complaining do. It creates a system that is worse then what existed because you want a monster organization to manage your life for you. All those taxes you paid to the federal government. Gone. No accountability and stolen for pet projects and false fronts and political buyoffs. How is that better? Social security is fine. If they stop stealing from it. Moving health to local state control and management and not the federal government. Some states will perform better than others. At that point those will need to be addressed. But not by taking over federally.

Leave the federal government to do its job and stop trying to have them do the job of the individual states and the individual person. The job is just too big and all it does is create the largest monopoly on the planet. That can't end well. Everything you hope to gain will be lost but what would you care... it might be lost after your gone?

That is the difference between Obama and Romney. The role of the federal government. Obama has it wrong.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Obama is an utter failure.