Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Girlfriend won't give up on ex lover      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tim0066
Msg: 24
Girlfriend won't give up on ex loverPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I think I should change my opinion... you should marry this girl... she's perfect for you.

Go buy a nice engagement ring and propose to her... she's just your type.

Then get married tomorrow...

Then you should get her pregnant as soon as possible, and while you're at it get a million dollar life insurance policy on yourself, make sure you tell her too... and make her the benificiary.

Then take up rock climbing as a hobby, dont start with the little stuff either, skip training... just go big... you should do free climbing... it would be the best bet... for HER!
 daynadaze
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Girlfriend won't give up on ex lover
Posted: 11/7/2011 9:42:44 AM
I must have missed the part where she's great and the relationship is great...she's seems like a skank who screws married men and thinks she's in love with a married man who only wants booty calls from her, doesn't care about her and now she wants you involved in her affair with this married man. Could you point out the great parts of this?
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 26
Posted: 11/7/2011 9:53:31 AM

Am I an idiot for waiting and thinking this will work out. It would be so easy to walk away if I handnt started having deep feelings for her?

Yes, yes you are an idiot for that. :) You're being walked all over, and rolling red carpet all over yourself and allowing her to do so. She knows she has you, and knows she can -- so he is.

Your feelings are what lets her walk all over you. You have to realize that her feelings keep her with that guy. You need to walk away from her... this isn't even a gray-area situation. Look for other opportunities out there, get your mind off her... stop chasing her. It's not going to be easy, but that doesn't mean you still need to be addicted to a toxic situation.
 home_osorio
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/7/2011 11:06:28 AM
you are being stupid definitely right now while you are still in a relationship with her.

man, something is wrong with you. am just annoyed that you are that wussy
 distinct_purpose
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/7/2011 11:51:12 AM
Your 44 and you need to ask this question?

No your not an idiot your too stupid to be an idiot...

She must be dam hot for you to even consider this a reasonable relationship to stay involved in or perhaps it has just been a while has it scared of going through another dry spell?
 TimeFlies24
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/7/2011 12:37:35 PM
A woman that is so immoral that she would date a married man should be the first person that you run from. Why even label her as your girlfriend? She is not going to stop dating the married man. People like her always want what they can't have. It's more exciting for them. You are boring for her. She can have you anytime she wants. Get out of this relationship. You will just end up hurt in the end.
 want to travel
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2011 1:19:01 PM
Walk away, if you feel hurt, or adapt if you think she is worth it!
 smokincigars
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2011 2:03:25 PM
The other guy is married and enjoys keeping your lady "on the side", and she is willing to be there regardless of anything else she may say. As long as she has feelings toward him, he will always be competition -- and unfair competition because to her the good clearly outweighs the fact that she can't have him except under FB conditions. I would love to tell you there is a good chance you would make things work out with the lady, but frankly I don't see it happening. I suggest you move on; if and when she gets over the other guy, she might contact you again, or she might decide to keep moving too.
 Boots168
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2011 2:26:08 PM
Do yourself a favor, leave this 'great' woman whom you have only been with for 5 weeks (or 5 months?) before you are telling us she asks you for money to help his ex cuz he has been put out of job.
 five-marie
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2011 3:46:35 PM
This is just really sad. You don't think you deserve to be treated better than this? Do you really want to be with someone who sleeps with married men? (No morals)
After 5 weeks she has the nerve to ask you to buy her ex's (whom she still wants)vehicle. Do you really want to look at his truck everyday? Pay for it?
Anyone deserves better than this. You're being played. She shows you no respect, show yourself some and kick her to the curb.
 susang909
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/7/2011 5:28:40 PM
You are a fool if you stay. Its very clear that she is using you.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/7/2011 5:58:59 PM
~OT~ "Great" women do not sleep with married men. Nor do they string along someone else while doing so. Sorry ~ I'd not call you an idiot. Inexperienced? Maybe. Desperate for company? Maybe. And idiot? No. It takes a special kind of stupid to be an idiot. I don't think you actually qualify for that title. But if you continue to see her? Then you'd definitely qualify for the "I'm a dumbazz." label. JMO
 john36602000
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2011 7:19:39 PM
Thank you to all who have commented on this thread. As of tonight, I now ended it with the help of all of you. You comments made me sit down and really realize what an idiot I was. So thank you so much. Already have a date for Friday Night. Damn single life is fun.
 tigerspawn
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/8/2011 10:51:20 PM
Im sorry that your in this situation. You need to get out. Dont allow yourself to be subjected to her misguided feelings that she has for a cheating scumbag. If she cant see that he is using her and forget about him than shes not worth being with.
 4everRadiant
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/9/2011 5:53:06 AM
"Thank you to all who have commented on this thread. As of tonight, I now ended it with the help of all of you"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Morning John.

That's wonderful news! You made the right decision!!!

You deserve someone who is truly a great woman, a woman who will seek to be with you because she Loves you... honestly.

All the very best.
 funinsun32
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/9/2011 10:40:02 AM
WOW!!! Do you honestly need advice on this one? Hmmmm.... DO NOT WALK AWAY, RUN FAR AWAY! Geesh!
 soytucubanito
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/9/2011 1:01:35 PM
lol...bro theres plenty of fish on the sea ( no pun intended ) let her go and find someone willing to commit to you.
 pedary
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2011 1:14:39 PM
Ask yourself, what's so great about her?
In my experience, it helps to distance yourself for a time, step back and re-evaluate the situation. When you're so caught up in the emotion, it's difficult to be rational.
 TheWonderingGuy
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/10/2011 1:50:36 PM
Dump her but see if you can get something out of the deal first. When I was in a situation like that the guy was a former boss who owed me about a grand. I got what I was owed AND a brand new set of Calloway golf clubs in exchange for not emailing his cheating texts to his wife. I emailed them anyways
 machrider
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/10/2011 2:36:00 PM
Don't walk away.

RUN!!!
 Majordork79
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/10/2011 5:39:48 PM
Dump her like a bad habit! Not worth it. If you ever have any idea they still have feelings for someone else, it's not worth it, cause eventually you'l get the ol "This isn' going to work out, I still have feelings for xxxxxx".

I had that happen awhile back, she said all this stuff about how into me she was, she seemed like it, than the ball dropped. Funny cause a week before that she was wondering "how long I'd be around".
 Simon4567
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/10/2011 6:55:59 PM
John, please get out of that relationship. She wants you to help her buy his old pickup? uhh, no! Please don't do that. You got deep feelings for her while she is trying to get deep into your wallet? Something is wrong here.

Pingshooter
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2011 4:16:40 AM

Am I an idiot for waiting and thinking this will work out.

1. She is not your girlfriend.
2. You are her doormat.
3. Cut your losses now, move on.

Why make someone your priority, when you aren't theirs?
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/11/2011 5:14:38 AM
Let's look for the clues and consider them with regard to achieving the goal of a long-term, loving, mutually respectful relationship....(presuming that is your goal in being on here).

Been seeing this great woman for about 5 weeks now. Great relationship but she refuses to give up on her ex lover who is married.

He is married and she is still communicating/sleeping with him - this does not make him an EX - he is still a CURRENT. That does not make her a 'great woman' and it does not make your relationship a 'great relationship'. If she can ignore his marriage/wife, her personal values are highly suspicious. Don't choose this for yourself.

She said he was just a F*** buddy but she started having feelings for him. He has a wife and refuses to give the wife up. He still calls her trying to hook up knowing she is seeing me.

Why wouldn't he ? He has no consideration for his own wife, he sure as heck isn't going to consider your feelings.

She even wants me to help her buy his old pickup.

Bingo !! Found out what she is attracted to. Don't do it. She's sleeping with him (oh yes she is) and doesn't have to wash his socks and pick up after him because his wife likely does that, and now she is courting your affections in order to persuade you to finance her. Sweet ! Maybe she could find a landscape gardener on here to fix up her yard, perhaps a plumber to install an extra bathroom in her house, or even a car mechanic to fix up that old pickup. The terms player/user/gold-digger exist for a reason.

Am I an idiot for waiting and thinking this will work out.

Hell yeah ! But deep down you already know that otherwise the question wouldn't have occurred to you.

It would be so easy to walk away if I handnt started having deep feelings for her?

Don't walk - RUN - Run as fast as your legs will allow you to. If you think it's hard to walk away now, it's only going to get harder as time progresses.

She's shown you exactly who she is - BELIEVE HER.
 onlydateIF
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/20/2011 12:03:41 PM
OP, have you considered what it says about you that you would date a woman like this? Kind of tarnishes your own shining armor, doesn't it? Why sacrifice your own honor, morals, integrity for another without?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Girlfriend won't give up on ex lover