Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Girlfriend won't give up on ex lover      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 machrider
Msg: 43
Girlfriend won't give up on ex loverPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Don't walk away.

RUN!!!
 Majordork79
Msg: 44
Girlfriend won't give up on ex lover
Posted: 11/10/2011 5:39:48 PM
Dump her like a bad habit! Not worth it. If you ever have any idea they still have feelings for someone else, it's not worth it, cause eventually you'l get the ol "This isn' going to work out, I still have feelings for xxxxxx".

I had that happen awhile back, she said all this stuff about how into me she was, she seemed like it, than the ball dropped. Funny cause a week before that she was wondering "how long I'd be around".
 Simon4567
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/10/2011 6:55:59 PM
John, please get out of that relationship. She wants you to help her buy his old pickup? uhh, no! Please don't do that. You got deep feelings for her while she is trying to get deep into your wallet? Something is wrong here.

Pingshooter
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2011 4:16:40 AM

Am I an idiot for waiting and thinking this will work out.

1. She is not your girlfriend.
2. You are her doormat.
3. Cut your losses now, move on.

Why make someone your priority, when you aren't theirs?
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/11/2011 5:14:38 AM
Let's look for the clues and consider them with regard to achieving the goal of a long-term, loving, mutually respectful relationship....(presuming that is your goal in being on here).

Been seeing this great woman for about 5 weeks now. Great relationship but she refuses to give up on her ex lover who is married.

He is married and she is still communicating/sleeping with him - this does not make him an EX - he is still a CURRENT. That does not make her a 'great woman' and it does not make your relationship a 'great relationship'. If she can ignore his marriage/wife, her personal values are highly suspicious. Don't choose this for yourself.

She said he was just a F*** buddy but she started having feelings for him. He has a wife and refuses to give the wife up. He still calls her trying to hook up knowing she is seeing me.

Why wouldn't he ? He has no consideration for his own wife, he sure as heck isn't going to consider your feelings.

She even wants me to help her buy his old pickup.

Bingo !! Found out what she is attracted to. Don't do it. She's sleeping with him (oh yes she is) and doesn't have to wash his socks and pick up after him because his wife likely does that, and now she is courting your affections in order to persuade you to finance her. Sweet ! Maybe she could find a landscape gardener on here to fix up her yard, perhaps a plumber to install an extra bathroom in her house, or even a car mechanic to fix up that old pickup. The terms player/user/gold-digger exist for a reason.

Am I an idiot for waiting and thinking this will work out.

Hell yeah ! But deep down you already know that otherwise the question wouldn't have occurred to you.

It would be so easy to walk away if I handnt started having deep feelings for her?

Don't walk - RUN - Run as fast as your legs will allow you to. If you think it's hard to walk away now, it's only going to get harder as time progresses.

She's shown you exactly who she is - BELIEVE HER.
 onlydateIF
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/20/2011 12:03:41 PM
OP, have you considered what it says about you that you would date a woman like this? Kind of tarnishes your own shining armor, doesn't it? Why sacrifice your own honor, morals, integrity for another without?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Girlfriend won't give up on ex lover