Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rhymes_w_Orange
Msg: 94
Bareback Sex!Page 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

Gah, the ignorance... have you ever heard of fertility awareness/natural family planning?

Thank you, Kafirr. Yes, it does work and yes, I've done that with prior partners after we've had the conversation. Besides, it should mean something if you actually are ready to take the step. If you aren't, I contend you probably shouldn't even be doing it with a condom.
 Rhymes_w_Orange
Msg: 95
Bareback Sex!
Posted: 11/26/2012 5:44:58 AM

If someone is completely unable or unwilling to deal with a possible pregnancy, they shouldn't even have sex at all. Acting haughty because you use condoms and someone else doesn't is simply ridiculous, especially when you think condoms will always prevent pregnancy.

That's really the heart of the issue. We keep saying 'condom' as if it's the Holy Grail of sexual protection when that's not always the case. Nothing is 100% effective, but the party line is that this is the Cadillac of sexual safety. They can fall off (don't laugh, it's happened), they can leak, they're not a barrier against all diseases. Granted, it's better than nothing, but the opposite side of the argument is to consider what would happen if that fails: You can be back to the same as nothing. Simple as that, to coin another poster.

I won't argue that condoms do absolutely nothing, but let's not be lulled into their being a false panacea either.

At least bakulu isn't a woman saying that. NFP methods are wonderful for women to actually understand what's going on with their bodies - even beyond sex and pregnancy. Still, it's nice to know when you can have sex(without condoms or other artificial birth control) and still not get pregnant.

I've known women who've not been able to tell their ovulation schedules because they didn't have regular cycles. Now if you walk into sex in any respect with that in mind -- protection or otherwise -- someone should have been thinking, "gee, why is my cycle not regular? Should I be consulting my GYN?" The number of people who ignore that is probably surprising too.
 passion2pleaseaz
Msg: 96
Bareback Sex!
Posted: 11/26/2012 4:55:03 PM
the vast majority of women i have had sex with did not ask me to wear a condom and they were not worried about it.
 MAB54
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Bareback Sex!
Posted: 12/19/2012 11:45:08 AM
I prefer not to wear a scuba suit. There is no doubt that it feels so much better going bare but until I'm sure you're clean my mans suiting up!
 starshiney
Msg: 98
Bareback Sex!
Posted: 12/19/2012 3:31:54 PM

This is pretty simple:

Not on birth control?.......condoms

On birth control?......no condoms

Simple as that.

Not so fast! It's not quite that simple my friend. She claims to be D/D free and you have verified this how?? Unless you are in a mongamous relationship AND you both have your latest laminated negative STD results, you are taking a risk.

You might end up with a little ROT instead of a little TOT. Har, har, har...
 LustForLifeNY11
Msg: 99
Bareback Sex!
Posted: 12/20/2012 11:59:34 AM
I hate condoms, ugh do i f'ing HATE condoms...i'm like 50/50...depending on how many jack n cokes i've had lol....and anal cream pies are practicing safe sex as well : )
 bogan58
Msg: 100
Bareback Sex!
Posted: 1/27/2013 3:01:19 PM
love bareback sex u just cant compare it the best
 434handyman
Msg: 101
Bareback Sex!
Posted: 1/27/2013 3:37:16 PM
She could be an infected woman who is scorned and is out contaminating every man she can. Don't ever fall for that!!!
 434handyman
Msg: 102
Bareback Sex!
Posted: 1/27/2013 3:41:05 PM
Oh and something else to consider. I have had the big V and it's condom every time. If we go to relationship mode I require we both get tested before I go bareback. BTW condoms make me last a long damn time. Yes it cuts down on the feeling but she gets more hardness-alot more!
 Hamilton12345
Msg: 103
Bareback Sex!
Posted: 1/27/2013 3:43:13 PM
Hate, hate, hate condoms. That said I have always used them until I was sure of the relationship and the tests were clear.

Sure bareback is better, but I will pass on the STDs.
 grove_22
Msg: 104
Bareback Sex!
Posted: 1/27/2013 5:55:04 PM
It's a necessary evil. I know condoms don't always prevent pregnancies and STDs. But they do reduce the chance of these things happening.
 letmeshowyouhow2
Msg: 105
Bareback Sex!
Posted: 1/27/2013 6:11:17 PM
I love bareback sex as much as the next person, but if I didn't have a long-term relationship with him, forget about it. I've gone without it and miss it, but it's not happening without knowing that's the ONLY man I'm having sex with for long-term. I think you'd have to make that decision on a clear-headed night, lol. Not when she's begging with her tongue out...lol...maybe that's just me?
 Single_starfish
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Looking for Bareback Sex in Michigan !
Posted: 1/27/2013 6:55:36 PM
im Looking for Bareback Sex in Michigan !
 kjay41
Msg: 107
Bareback Sex!
Posted: 1/27/2013 8:12:03 PM
Not a smart move, just use condoms to be safe, theirs creative foreplay that can be enjoyable, while you wait for STD lab results/ agree to a committed relationship (meaning one partner only, not necessarily marriage).
 bigjj101
Msg: 108
Bareback Sex!
Posted: 7/17/2013 3:54:25 PM
I love bareback sex and i hope a woman does too i stay disease clean and free i get check ups regularly you can get std's and hiv without having sex if any woman out there are willing contact me
 seafoodandeatit
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Bareback Sex!
Posted: 7/17/2013 5:46:54 PM
I cant stand them myself so if she is happy with the idea I am just as happy to go down on her instead.
By the way there was someone who made a female condom, but I don't hear much about it.
It seems the woman didn't like the feeling of sex with one inside them either.
But I am a huge oral fan so there is no chance of a baby and after a doctors ok she std free I am down there as often as she wants me too.
 Celina1991
Msg: 110
Bareback Sex!
Posted: 7/18/2013 8:30:48 AM
I've always insisted on condoms and always will. It is manditory that any guy I get into a relationship with thus have sex with use them. It's always wise for the female to use a back up form of protection whether it be the pill, a femidom (female condom), or any other form of female birth control. This is not negotiable.
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Bareback Sex!
Posted: 7/18/2013 10:36:26 AM
^^^QFT!

I have to admit I really like bareback and it was quite a relief to get back into a LTR to share that with my GF.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 112
Bareback Sex!
Posted: 7/18/2013 10:51:18 AM

I prefer bareback.. but only within a committed relationship. Otherwise, condoms or you're not getting anywhere near my bits.

+1

Condoms are inconvenient in more ways than one (in a committed/exclusive relationship). What if you want to stop whatever you're doing and blow him? you can't do that if you have to keep taking it off and putting another one on, etc, it tastes extremely disgusting, even the flavored ones.

No condoms for first entrance, but condoms for the back entrance is mandatory.
 rockx07
Msg: 113
Bareback Sex!
Posted: 7/25/2013 4:01:17 PM
This is even more to the point ... you want to drive my car wear a seatbelt. If you want intimacy that's as easy as 1,2,3 but it's not going to be intercourse unless we've known each other well enough to know the GIFT you're giving doesn't have a heavy price TAG dragging behind it. Keep your damned infections and bs for some bar broad ! I'm not a refrigerator but I'll be damned if I will trust just anyone. Men & sex = lies and alibi's .. I'm in in for the real thing not just another piece of tail !
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Bareback Sex!
Posted: 1/9/2014 1:57:11 PM
A sad truth with me and bareback versus condoms is that I think this is one of the reasons why I've very rarely had sex, practically a virgin, though not technically. It's because of the way I see it - safe sex is safe, but it's not sex. At least not near enough. I end up putting myself into a catch-22...I'm not going to be risky, but I'm also not going to bother if a condom has to be involved. There's no point. Therefore, I just don't let myself get any...arg! But it's also because safe sex isn't even safe enough for me - if there's any kind of unsure-ness such that a condom is a good idea, I don't feel like a condom is going to protect very much in the first place, and if it would, I wouldn't be interested if there's any chance of anything. The flesh of my shaft and the flesh of her insides aren't the only surfaces that are in contact. How in the world is that little bit going to protect anybody? And, for the pregnancy part, if I can't be sure enough of her, of her honesty and responsibility, and her understanding of herself, such that a condom would be a good idea...then again, I'll probably lose any interest altogether.

But then this is one of the reasons I've always wanted a monogamous long term relationship with someone I've taken the time to get to know and who's taken the time to get to know me...that way, we could have lots of fun, and not worry so much. At least in the sense that the probabilities and benefits are in the form that I prefer.

Of course, the result of all this, in combination with other things, is that I just don't ever get any. Dag-nab-it. Somethings wrong here! Hehe.
 30danAZAK
Msg: 117
Bareback Sex!
Posted: 1/16/2014 6:26:41 PM
Yes they like it much more. I have had girls I request I take it off, and even had some rip it off in the middle of sex. When you get in a committed relationship and you start having bareback there is no going back.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Bareback Sex!
Posted: 1/17/2014 4:23:25 PM

Well, if there's one thing that's ABSOLUTELY certain, it's that I am D/D free......... Unless of course you count the occasional common cold. :-/

Sorry, just because you are a virgin/haven't had PIV sex does not mean you are D/D free. There are lots of things that can be caught and shared without actually having sex. I would still request a full STD screening be done.

I don't necessarily agree with:

Men & sex = lies and alibi's

That's a rather broad stroke to be painting a whole gender with. And yes, I am aware this poster is gone from the site now so won't see and can't comment on what I just said.
 chill78
Msg: 120
Bareback Sex!
Posted: 1/18/2014 7:12:03 PM

It's a necessary evil. I know condoms don't always prevent pregnancies and STDs. But they do reduce the chance of these things happening.

+1
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >