Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Woman pumps the gas while boyfriend sits in car      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RDtoo
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Woman pumps the gas while boyfriend sits in carPage 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Geekgoddess, I was thinking you had some serious problems going on there but after reading your profile it all makes sense.
 RDtoo
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Woman pumps the gas while boyfriend sits in car
Posted: 7/24/2005 11:37:18 PM
It might explain why you are going on and on about this and so insistant on women pumping their own gas. You keep presenting hypothetical situations like I can't get out and clean the windows because she just came from the carwash. You have to know that you are taking this to the level of the absurd. This is bordering on trolling and I don't know why I am bothering answering you anymore.
 BuzWeaver
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/25/2005 7:51:22 AM
Maybe the girls wanted too.
 felldownstairs
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/25/2005 10:42:30 AM
I'd like it if a woman offered to pump the gas in my car for once instead of sitting on her ass in the passenger seat. I would still pump the gas myself, but the offer would be nice. Why should manners only go one way?
 felldownstairs
Msg: 30
Posted: 7/25/2005 12:09:52 PM
^^^whoa, are we talking about gas here?
 Celyne
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/25/2005 1:22:57 PM
I can totally relate. I was 9 mons pregnant, checking the oil in the car and pumping gas. Where was my ex husband? In the passengers seat.

One guy came up and asked me why the hell I was doing it and he was sitting in the car. I just said I don't know.

I also agree with the fixing stuff because they dont' like to get dirty, packing and unpacking everything out of the car. Setting almost everything up if we are going camping, because he is a city boy (raised on a farm tho for quite a few years, I don't get it either) never drove and would come home and would complain why dinner and laundry wasn't done (2 boys 16 mons apart). Then he would go have a bath, go back on the computer (he is on it ALL day) or have a "nap" about 10 mins after walking in the door from work.

I can also agree why all of that made him MY ex.

Now I'm not as niave and will not EVER let things like that happen again. It's a 50/50 relationship now adays..
 LaurenBee
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/25/2005 3:27:15 PM
I'm really good with cars. I love fixing them. My dad taught me well. My man can't fix anything. One time, his car broke down and I fixed it. I didn't say anything. He has things that he's good at. He's great with computers and I think Bill Gates might want to hire him someday. He got accepted at MIT, you know !!! I
stink at computers. I might as well be a dinosaur. I'm helpless when it comes to smart machines. Cars I can deal with. Different people have different strengths, I guess. I can't draw or paint. I can't play any instrument. My Thomas can draw and paint like Picasso ! He also plays the piano, the saxophone, the guitar and the harmonica. I'm good at sports. He's a lot stronger than me but sometimes lacks
coordination. Like I said, I'm good at certain things and he's good at other things.
It doesn't bother me when he fixes the whole school's computer problems when the system is down. It doesn't bother him when I fix the car. We're okay, really.
 RDtoo
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2005 8:17:10 PM
Geekgoddess, it shows your immaturity that when you can't win a debate, you start throwing insults. Typical. And you call me controlling..lol.

Dear Happy Person, I am old school but not that old school. I cook better than most women. I do my own laundry and house cleaning and do not need anyone to wait on me.
 RDtoo
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2005 9:28:46 PM
Still calling me names? Well, the names you are using say more about you than it does about me. If that makes you feel better about yourself go right ahead. In fact, here is a better idea. I will be in Patrick O'Ryans saturday night why dont you come and tell me what you think of me to my face?
 RDtoo
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2005 10:11:52 PM
It wasn't a threat. I gave you an opportunity as you have been targeting me. I said nothing about retailiation.
 XTinah
Msg: 36
Posted: 7/26/2005 8:48:41 AM
It's the modern age, boys and girls. Deal with IT !
 berrysweetncgurl
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/2/2005 4:25:53 AM
lol my boyfriend always pumps my gas for me, I dont think I have ever drove up to a gas station with him in the car and had to get out for anything at all...................
 Stillalicious
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/2/2005 7:23:13 PM
I so get this RDtoo!! I prefer my men to be chivalrous..but not pushovers!
 RDtoo
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2005 8:21:06 PM
The strange thing is, some of the women on this thread took offence to what I was saying, and I think they misinterpreted me. I have no doubts that women are capable of taking care of themselves without the help of a man. My initial post was directed at lazy "macho" men who think women should wait on them.
 crystalise
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/2/2005 8:43:02 PM
it could be HER car. I pump my own gas into my car,whether or not I have a male passenger in with me. They usually offer, but I prefer to do it myself cause Im anal-retentive when it comes to my baby...[ my car that is ] just dont want spillage.....LOL
 crystalise
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/2/2005 8:43:39 PM
No offence taken here

okbcnu
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/22/2012 9:57:38 PM
i realize this is an old pst but i had to say thank you paradoxx your awsome.these wanna be chivilrist morons dont even know the people thier talking about and think that posting bad comments about a stranger makes them look shiney or something.by the way i would never let my lady pump fuel or run in the store like that either unless it was her choice or the moment might call for such a thing.what a bunch of idiots.maybe the guy works his @$$ off all day and just needs a little break.what if he is just simply slower then heard of elderly turtles and she might be able to speed things up a bit.who knows what if shes like you and doesnt think its such a big deal.lol
 catalina_view
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/23/2012 1:08:22 PM

I have also watched women go into a convience store and pick up pork rinds and mountain dew for her boyfriend sitting in the car. What is up with this? What happened

She hates him and is trying to kill him. Anyone who loves someone would never feed them pork rinds and mountain dew.
 VADERPRIME
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/23/2012 1:17:10 PM
Women's lib, independent women, feminists, the new metrosexual man.. take your pick.... I do not pump gas..call me a princess, spoiled, whatever.. I like old school.. its what I'm used to..wouldnt trade it for anything ;-) .....
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2012 9:50:57 PM
The strange thing is, some of the women on this thread took offence to what I was saying, and I think they misinterpreted me. I have no doubts that women are capable of taking care of themselves without the help of a man. My initial post was directed at lazy "macho" men who think women should wait on them.
Then you should direct your comments and posts to "lazy 'macho' men who think women should wait on them" cause you're making a big leap of assumption based on the example you presented. Your post is offensive both to men and women.

I've always been interested in cars, so I don't mind pumping the gas at all. But, I am against the guy just sitting in the car.. he can get out and chat with you, or you can take turns.. one of you pump the gas, and then other cleans the windows.. Just my opinion.

OMG, that is just too funny.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 46
Posted: 4/24/2012 10:26:33 AM
If it is my vehicle, Im likely driving and Im likely putting in the gas, regardless of who is a passenger. I dont understand why anyone, male or female would expect someone who does not own the car to get out and pump gas? But then my parents raised me to do things for myself so that I wouldnt be someones burden.
 Maleman999
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/24/2012 12:02:03 PM
So in the future, when people are driving electric cars, the huge debate will be who should be the one to plug the car into the electric outlet. If pumping gas is an issue, I would hate to see what happens when a real crisis emerges.
 Sunshinelady555
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/24/2012 1:49:09 PM

What is up with this? What happened to chivalry?

LOL
That probably is more amongest the younger people, who don't seem to mind things like that.
Chivalry still exists, I know some.
 egowitch
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/24/2012 2:02:31 PM
Not everyone is you - or thinks like you. While I totally understand why this bothers you, it's simply not your business. There are so many ways of relating, and often, we get the whole wrong impression as mere observers.

Maybe a guy walks with crutches. Maybe he is sloppy when he pumps gas. Maybe she is his submissive, and enjoys doing for him. Maybe it's her car - and she doesn't want ANYone else to mess with it ! Maybe it's his birthday, and she's "treating" him all day. Maybe she has low self esteem. Maybe he spends too much on junk - if he goes into the store. Maybe he's a jerk - but he might not be at all.

Maybe-maybe-maybe ... you get the idea.

If being the one to do everything, bothers the one doing it all - then they need to speak up.

If they don't feel they deserve being treated well , then they won't be.

Maybe the women you've seen , are just fine with what they're doing - maybe not. You'll never know probably.

If you believe in chivalry, ( as I do- by the way) , you will practice it with those you interact with - simple !

MAYBE - someone else will see YOU being chivalrous and be inspired to do the same ! Maybe.
 Fleuron
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/24/2012 2:23:47 PM

She hates him and is trying to kill him. Anyone who loves someone would never feed them pork rinds and mountain dew.

Agreed.

As effective as arsenic, and won’t show up on tox screens. But you didn’t hear that here.

Maybe she’s springing for birth control….Mountain Dew kills sperm, ya know.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Woman pumps the gas while boyfriend sits in car