Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Woman pumps the gas while boyfriend sits in car      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Texan_Gal
Msg: 76
Woman pumps the gas while boyfriend sits in carPage 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
This is actually the first I'm hearing of it actually being expected for a guy to pump the gas for my car. Wow. When I was in a long-term relationship, never did I expect for my boyfriend to get out and pump my gas for me. If we were in my car, I was paying and I was pumping. If we were in his car, he was paying and he was pumping. The only time I've ever thought I might need some male assistance when pumping gas is that darn compressed pump at Shell where you need to push down hard on the nozzle and keep it pushed.
 scottey63
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Woman pumps the gas while boyfriend sits in car
Posted: 5/1/2012 10:11:43 AM
If he's in the passenger seat and it's not pouring down rain or freezing cold, it means it's her car and there's no reason for him to pump the gas.
 cajuncooker
Msg: 78
Posted: 5/1/2012 11:40:35 AM
Lol In oregon we dont have that problem, its illegal to pump your own gas so anyways. But i do hate to see the bf sitting in the car while the woman goes on to the auto parts store to buy parts and then is chewed out because she got the wrong thing in other words : get your lazy butt outta the car and go do it yourself guys same with convience stores.
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2012 9:20:41 PM
I am more then happy to help a ladie out,any time i can.To me me that is what a man is for,how ever a lady should know how to fill up her car and at least know the basics.Just like a man should know how to cook and clean.If i am out doiing laundry becouse i don,t have a washer/dryer does a women do it for me.

I don't think it's the man's job to help out women but I totally appreciate anyone (man or woman) helping me out when I need it, especially when they know me well enough to know when help is most appreciated as every individual (man or woman) has different needs and skill levels. I will use my talents for anyone else (man or woman) not because I know how to pump gas, check for oil, idle a car manually, do laundry, cook, and clean but because it comes from my heart for someone who welcomes it.

Going back to the original post, I have to say it is rather creepy that someone would question complete strangers going about their business at a gas station. The driver pumped gas and the passenger sat in the passenger seat. Big deal!
 Maleman999
Msg: 80
Posted: 5/2/2012 7:49:34 AM
I saw something just as shocking as this horror story about who should pump gas. I was in Walmart, and I saw a woman going to the bathroom. She was shopping with a guy. The horrible part is the guy didn't go running into the bathroom after her to wipe her bum. How rude and lazy is that?
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:21:50 PM
I saw something just as shocking as this horror story about who should pump gas. I was in Walmart, and I saw a woman going to the bathroom. She was shopping with a guy. The horrible part is the guy didn't go running into the bathroom after her to wipe her bum. How rude and lazy is that?

The other day I saw a woman put groceries in her grocery cart while her friend walked next to her. The nerve some people have. Poor, weak, tender “ladie” probably hurt her hands and needs surgery now.

Maybe the woman is using her debit card and doesn't want her boyfriend to have her pin number despite being so proud she has a boyfriend to cart around.

The way I understood it was that the man in the passenger seat is supposed to pay for her gas because she is a weak, poor woman. O wait, it was chivalry, wasn’t it?
 jmark4
Msg: 82
Posted: 5/4/2012 6:16:23 PM
"Chivalry is dead; and women killed it" Dave Chappelle

If I was sitting in a car and a female in my family was at the pump and I would not get my ass kicked if I didn't get up.

So many women buy things for their loser guys; do everything for them; and these guys are dog's. end of story.

Many women accept it; and loser guys are more than happy to have them as slaves.
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2012 6:36:14 PM
To change a tire you need a jack, not a Jack.
Exactly. And that has nothing to do with chivalry.
 chromelove08
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2012 2:10:32 PM
I like doing those things on my own. Lots of times, I go into the gas station myself so I can pick out what I want. I don't need him to get it for me. Yes, guys still do these things for women but are all women disabled and can't do it themselves? I have 2 legs that work so I am fine with it. By the way, this is the 21st century and women even have full time jobs now haha
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2012 5:01:38 PM
I think it’s sad that everything has to be black and white for some people. Why can’t a couple go to the gas station and do what ever they want? He could be dancing while she gets gas if that makes her smile and both happy. Who the gives a ****?

If I saw a man carry 10 shopping bags and his lover lady walking beside him on the phone dangling nothing else but her cutesy purse it would get my attention and I’d think to myself how selfish of her. The same if a woman carried 10 bags with her boyfriend not helping at all. But that goes for anybody, not just for lovers and it’s not particularly gender related. It’s just the right thing to do for people you care about and even sometimes for strangers.
 cariboolady1
Msg: 86
Posted: 5/15/2012 1:53:22 AM
I work as a checker in a large retail grocery chain.
You would not believe the many times (everyday) that I see a large cart pull up in my line, filled to the brink and overflowing with groceries, including very heavy bags of dogfood or potatoes and cartons of 24 drinks....and it's a woman driving it with her man walking beside her.
He comes to a stop in front of me while she unpacks the cart onto the belt. He watches her lift the heavy things and does nothing. After I check the items through and pack them into bags, she is the one lifting the bags and putting them into the cart. He is still standing and watching. Then he pulls out the wallet and pays after telling me throughout the process what was on sale. I itch to tell him that the computer in my checker KNOWS what's on sale, but I guess that would take away his sense of importance.
Then she drives off with the cart and he walks beside her. In the parking lot, she will be the one who fills up the vehicle while he sits in the driver's seat...waiting impatiently.
These are the same women when it comes to their b-day, Valentines Day, or Mothers Day will not get a single acknowledgement of it from their man. I know it because they come in when these important days are happening and watch all the men lined up in droves carrying flowers, chocolates, cards, and gifts. The looks on their faces are mixed.
I say, if you have a man like that, then you had him from the time you were dating him. Why did you not see that when you first knew him?
If I went out with a man who was utterly selfish, thoughtless and self-centered to the max. he would never see me again.
 catfa51
Msg: 87
Posted: 5/15/2012 2:11:34 PM
I notice that too. Alot of the younger guys do that because
1)It's not their car, their girlfriend drives them around
2)No manners
3)No money/job...Which directly effects the car and snack situation.
 Maleman999
Msg: 88
Posted: 5/15/2012 2:25:12 PM
Should the man offer to operate the breast pump on the woman's boobs to pump out milk?
 Fleuron
Msg: 89
Posted: 5/15/2012 4:04:06 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ He’d probably be more likely to use it on himself.
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 90
Posted: 5/16/2012 6:15:09 AM
i want to see a woman pump gas nude
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 91
Posted: 5/16/2012 9:51:34 AM
so a man cant pump gas? why is she helpless? maybe he is the one who pumped the gas the last time and they take turns??
 c_deacon
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 10:16:59 AM
I agree.....It might be her car, her turn or just the way it is.

I have done it with some, that if I paid for it the last time, it is your turn to pay for gas this time, and depending on who is driving at that time....that person usually pumps.....or.....we both get out, I pump, you pay, and write down the mileage, costs, etc., so I can keep track of my gas bills and miles per gallon. I do that for my bikes as well, it helps me know when it is time to tune them....so equality works for me.

cd
 dtt717
Msg: 93
Posted: 5/16/2012 3:14:24 PM

I watched a woman pump gas while her boyfriend sat on his butt in the passenger seat.

she just had 7 orgasms. everything is in its right place. worry not...
 RedDelPaPa
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 4:53:54 PM
I think most men feel the duty of pumping gas to be a man's chore not because they want to "limit" women's "independence", but because we see women as a clean and elegant creature who looks good and smells good, and we don't want women to possibly get nasty and stinky gasoline on their hands or clothes. That's it. Get over yourselves you feminist freaks. Should we stop? Should we instead start viewing some of you as the monsters you've become?

In my opinion, any woman who gets upset or bothered by a man trying to be a gentleman by opening doors, or pumping gas is a sack of steaming feminist dung, and should be allowed to do everything herself. And I mean everything. You feel like your "independence" is being threatened when a man feels like it's his duty to take on the heavier/dirtier chores? Fine. Have it all. Complete and total independence. When your car blows a head gasket, just remember what it was you thought you wanted. Good luck fixing it yourself because you probably didn't grow up learning a whole lot about the mechanics of the internal combustion engine. And for heaven's sakes, don't take it to a "male" auto mechanic. And WHEN your furnace or water heater shits the bed, don't call a male friend or technician for help. That would be compromising your independence.

Ok, end of rant..

FlaxenBlonde
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 5:45:46 AM
RedDel (Message#191) -- you are so right in all that you said. Any woman who would give a guy grief for simply doing something nice for her is not worth his time. Rude, rude, rude. Some of the others have said it's a cultural or north/south thing & I totally agree with that too. If that is so, thank God I was born and still live in the south. As far as being able to change a tire on my car... forget it. I know how to change a tire but I don't have the strength. However, there are gentlemen out there who will help me. If not, then I have to call for roadside assistance. Women do not have to do everything that a man does to be his equal...quite the opposite.

Doing nice things for women does not in any way take away their equality. It's called manners... something the men haters should try to acquire.
 chromelove08
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 2:13:15 PM
Ok RedDel...maybe we just like doing things for ourselves sometimes. Doesn't mean we don't appreciate anything that the guy does. When I am driving my car, I pump the gas. Driving his car, he pumps the gas. I just feel if something is mine then I shouldn't leave it up to the other person to do everything for me. And I can work on cars. I did have a father who, when I had something wrong with my vehicles, he would teach me things. I am not a complete hopeless retarded woman as you make us all sound like to be.
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 2:42:08 PM
I'm 100% with chromelove08 on this. Just because a woman takes responsibility for herself doesn't mean she doesn't appreciate kindness and help from others.

Unfortunately my dad never taught me how to work on cars but if I knew how, the I guy I would be attracted to would find this quality very appealing. That's why I would never be attracted to men like RedDelPaPa.
 RedDelPaPa
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 3:51:48 PM

I am not a complete hopeless retarded woman as you make us all sound like to be.

Damn your hide. My words had NOTHING to do with making ANYONE sound hopeless or retarded. I stated VERY clearly why a real man feels he should pump gas for his lady.
 playfulpete
Msg: 99
Posted: 5/17/2012 3:59:18 PM
chromeloveO8,your father taught you well,A man should help a lady out at all times but when a women owns a car she should know how to do things to fix it,there are women who are not like you and don,t have a clue
 RedDelPaPa
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 4:05:48 PM

I'm 100% with chromelove08 on this. Just because a woman takes responsibility for herself doesn't mean she doesn't appreciate kindness and help from others.

Is that right? If that were true, then you wouldn't have beef with me because I stated clearly what I thought of the situation. If you appreciate it, fantastic. If it upsets or angers you when a man tries to help out, THEN you make my sh*t list.

Unfortunately my dad never taught me how to work on cars but if I knew how, the I guy I would be attracted to would find this quality very appealing. That's why I would never be attracted to men like RedDelPaPa.

Jumping to conclusions. Never did I say, insinuate, or even hint at, a woman that can and likes to do dirty or greasy jobs is somehow bad. I personally would think it's cool too! Surprise, surprise. My beef was specifically targeted at women who are upset or angered by men wanting to help out by taking the heavy/dirty jobs off their ladies hands.

Don't assume because I hate Republicans, that I must be a Democrat. I do not discriminate. I hate BOTH equally.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Woman pumps the gas while boyfriend sits in car