Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Woman pumps the gas while boyfriend sits in car      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FlaxenBlonde
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Woman pumps the gas while boyfriend sits in carPage 5 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Playful Pete--- looks like a plate full of anger, contempt and rudeness. Look out, some may want dessert.
 playfulpete
Msg: 102
Woman pumps the gas while boyfriend sits in car
Posted: 5/18/2012 11:17:25 AM
don,t have dessert,lol
 RDtoo
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2012 12:18:04 AM
Well, I have been off the forums for a few years now but it is good to see this thread that I posted 7 years ago is still making waves...lol. Again, it was not a statement about women, it was a statement about lazy men.

RedDelPapa, spot on answer!
 femaleconnection
Msg: 104
Posted: 6/11/2012 8:10:06 AM
I just think men and women will not be equals until topics like this are just not even discussed/noticed. No one should think anything of anyone, man or woman, pumping gas. It should be about who is responsible for the vehicle, and that is all....and no offense OP, having a woman allow you to pump her gas is not indicative of a woman who wants/values tradition, it is only indicitive of a woman who in that moment did not want to get her hands dirty.

A woman who would prefer to do it herself, is just a human taking care of her own shiat, but to some men it means she doesnt appreciate men. That is bunk. Well it is bunk to men who know they are a man without needing to have a woman allow him to do certain things.

So a man cannot be a man unless some woman allows it? How weak.

Again...it is a very nice gesture if a man I am comfortable with offers to do these things for me...but that is not what I like men for nor is it a requirement. I manage to do these things and will continue to do them so long as I own a vehicle-but these are not reasons I want men around. Men are more to me than just someone around to do the dirty jobs.
 Acehonestlady
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2012 10:28:15 AM
Do you instead of keeping a log book for your car keep a log book of women pumping gas whilst there are men in the car? Isn't it amazing that when you decide to sahre this snippet with us that it happens to be such a round number. If you do keep a log book might you have missed a few women pumping gas as you were busy logging?

Might is simply have been their turn to pump that gas or her car even if he was driving?

Think that you notice this says more about you than what you say of men letting women pump gas!
 RDtoo
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2012 2:29:22 PM
I posted this thread about 7 years ago. At the time this bothered me but I have grown in my views since then. My new philosophy is we get the kind of person that we deserve.
 CarFreak73
Msg: 107
Posted: 6/15/2012 3:02:48 PM
LMFAO,I dont let small things like this bother me,if a woman wants to / has put gas in their own vehicle,then so be it,or vise versa,bigger things to worry about IMO.
 prometheus1666
Msg: 108
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:09:59 PM
Sheesh... in Oregon they dont let anyone pump their own gas...
 Mr_Nationwide
Msg: 109
Posted: 6/15/2012 7:34:25 PM
What's going with women now a days?
What I meant "girls" from anywhere to 18-25.

Everywhere I go, I see a girl driving her car and a guy riding with her in the front seat in the city.
I'm thinking to myself, what does that girl see in that guy if he doesn't have a car?
That guy is a loser. Or a guy who lives off his girlfriend in a apartment, doesn't have a car or job, but the girl still lets him drive her car even with her in it. And the same guy pretends that's his car and driving like a moron with no sense. And of course treating her bad like dirt. But, the woman pumping gas while her deadbeat loser sits in the car is too much.

To girls, it's all about looks and the "Good Looking Guy" is a real A-hole. What's up with that?
And going with her losers makes them look bad and people talking about. Those girls are immature and must not care.

For me, I have a car and a job and some money to pay for my date like lunch or dinner, movie, event, except shopping for stuff that the woman would buy her self with her own money from her job.

I'm already dating women in her late 20's to early 30's and I just 24 not to long ago.
 Vannili
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2012 12:54:28 AM
RDtoo,

There is nothing wrong if I pump gas on my own car and pay for it, and a boyfriend is sitting in my car. What is really wrong is I'm pumping gas for his car and paying for it while he was sitting in his fat a zz...

<div class="quote"> Maybe I am just outdated guy at 49 but I have never sat in a car and had a woman pump gas
Out dated guys are nice to date, they pump gas for a lady's car and pay for it, and buy her pork rinds , I mean donut and a coke.
By the way what's your numbah>>>>>>>>>
How do you know if the guy is a boyfriend ? or the guy is invalid ? or the guy has hemoriod that he can't stand up ?
 Texan_Gal
Msg: 111
Posted: 6/16/2012 11:38:56 AM
Everywhere I go, I see a girl driving her car and a guy riding with her in the front seat in the city.
I'm thinking to myself, what does that girl see in that guy if he doesn't have a car?

Uhhhhh, wow. With my ex, we'd often go places in MY car, and seeing as I'd never let anyone else drive my car, I was the one driving. Why did we usually take my car? His cars were work trucks/vans always with expensive parts in them, and when not working, he liked leaving them parked somewhere relatively safe.
 Fleuron
Msg: 112
Posted: 6/16/2012 11:56:18 AM
I’m done pumping my own gas. I want gorgeous, ripped torsoed, half naked sexy hunks pumping my gas from now on. Also I want my windshield cleaned and my oil and other fluids checked. Then kiss my hand as I drive away. Boyfriend, pfffft.
 Fleuron
Msg: 113
Posted: 6/26/2012 3:07:41 PM
I like it, phil4ny . I’ll start interviewing hunks right away.
 PhotoGirl870
Msg: 114
Posted: 6/27/2012 10:00:16 PM
If it's my car I'm gonna pump my own gas, that's just how I roll. If he's driving it then by all means he can pump it. If I'm going into a store though he better be coming in with me.
 Mr_Nationwide
Msg: 115
Posted: 7/6/2012 3:41:08 PM
Tell the loser boyfriend that his not in New Jersey that has that stupid that you can't pump your own gas and have the car fill up by a pump jockey (Another loser).
 Mr_Smuggles
Msg: 116
Posted: 7/7/2012 6:27:58 PM
You think everyone who doesnt have it as good as you is a loser huh?
 NikonGuy007
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2015 4:26:31 PM
As a matter of fact, whenever I mention it to people I know, they just stand there with an empty look on their faces, like they're trying to figure out the square root of pi.

Virtually every time I pull up to a convenience store, I will see some dumb young (they appear to be between 17 and 30 year's old) chick drive up, she gets out, and the smart guy who is banging her sits in the passenger seat looking stupid.

Good for him.

You gotta feel like a real Prince, if the place gets robbed (especially while she's in there buying Skittles for YOU), or she's inside getting harassed or in some type of altercation, and you're sitting in the passenger seat in your flip flops, playing with yourself (or your phone), like a 13 year-old girl.

"Back in the dizzle", when dinosaurs roamed the earth, getting sex took a modicum of skill (the girls weren't just falling over with their legs in the air), and the world still had pointy edges, it was NOT seen as masculine to be chauffeured around by some broad. Young men WANTED to be in the driver's seat. Everyone in my crew had driver's licenses at 17 (even the guys who didn't have their own cars). Nowadays, it is not uncommon for guys well into their 20's not to have licenses (they're suspended, revoked, etc.)

Hey, they get exactly what they deserve. This is what happens when there's no father in the house. No way in HELL my daughter is driving some slacker around.

And, I would love to see that robbery, especially if it can go down riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight as I'm pulling my 1995 Ford Taurus into the parking lot.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2015 5:10:51 PM

"Back in the dizzle", when dinosaurs roamed the earth, getting sex took a modicum of skill (the girls weren't just falling over with their legs in the air), and the world still had pointy edges, it was NOT seen as masculine to be chauffeured around by some broad. Young men WANTED to be in the driver's seat. Everyone in my crew had driver's licenses at 17 (even the guys who didn't have their own cars). Nowadays, it is not uncommon for guys well into their 20's not to have licenses (they're suspended, revoked, etc.)

Hey, they get exactly what they deserve. This is what happens when there's no father in the house. No way in HELL my daughter is driving some slacker around.

I spent 35 years pushing Big Rig Trucks around. I probably put miles on per Day, than You do in a Week....
When I got Home, I didn't feel like driving. My late Wife liked to drive, specially a Car with a Manual Transmission.
What She didn't like to Drive was Mountain or Snowy Roads, so when we would go to Reno, I'd drive the Twisties part of the Trip.

If some Dweeb on the Internet doesn't like Our Arrangement, He can Kiss My Lily White AZZ......

You can take Your Judgmental Attitude & Stick it Where the Sun don't Shine.....
 kj521
Msg: 119
Posted: 10/6/2015 6:32:49 PM
Chivalry is not dead.....it resides in many individuals and manifests itself at unexpected times.

Here is cute but sad story.....

The day my late husband, who battled two different cancers, woke up confused and not making much sense, I called his doctor. It was decided to bring him in to see the doctor to have him assess the situation. At this point my husband could not stand and required the use of a wheelchair and much assistance. I put him and the kids in the car and, of course, as I drove off....I noticed we needed gas. When we stopped to get gas....bless his heart....my husband was trying to get out and pump the gas. At the time, I did not find it so cute....as I was trying to run into the store to get some things for the kids....pump gas and watch him. I had to have our daughter who was ten at the time....guard the car door to make sure he didn't try to get out. I look back at that very moment and see.....that even as my husband's body was shutting down....as that was the day before he passed away....he was trying to make things easier for me. Imagine that.....he was dying and in great pain but wanted to help me by pumping the gas. That is love and a chivalrous act that happens when you least expect it. Those momemts are what make life worth living, imo. :)
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 120
Posted: 10/6/2015 6:44:50 PM
This thread goes back a few years!

I have never once even thought about having a boyfriend pump gas. If I am driving and I need to stop and get gas, then I get out and pump it. I've never once expected a guy to come around and open the door for me if I was the passenger. I'd also be totally OK with going into a store and picking up something he might need inside. That stuff wouldn't bother me.

However, I do recall one event where I could have used some help and I did not get it. I was out hiking with an ex, we were still friends...and as I was putting on my shoe I lost my grip on the car bumper and fell down on my rear. Instead of reaching down with a hand to help me up, he just stood there and looked at me. THAT I felt. Just needing a helping hand up and getting nothing. And that really encapsulated in many ways why I decided we were better off as friends, not lovers...the fact that he could not "be there for me" when I needed help..it was very symbolic. Just no gesture of caring and consideration offered.

That was the last time I did any activity with him as well.
 south_city
Msg: 121
Posted: 10/6/2015 8:36:17 PM
When I'm in a relationship I would pump gas in my car and she would often pump gas in her car. Not a big deal. It's not strenuous labor. As for getting something in a store, she might know exactly where it is while I may have to look for it. Thus it would quicker for her to get it.
 474bluemoon
Msg: 122
Posted: 10/6/2015 9:18:53 PM
I'm with KJ and Blueeyes on this. We did the who ever drives picks the radio station or pumps gas or runs into the store. It was never a big deal. Then one day we stopped at the store on the way home and he said "can you run in, I feel like crap" so I ran in and bought milk and dropped some money into the bucket the Air Cadets had and grabbed a poppy for Remembrance Day as hubby always did that. We drove a couple blocks home, got settled in and he had a massive heart attack.

So yea, I could give a shit who pumps gas or runs into the store for snacks. In the big picture, do whatever works for you as a couple. I know there are days I sit in my car and would love to have someone pump the gas and I also know I'd love to bark "can't you pick your damn socks up" and have someone respond with a "yes Dear" in a snarky tone back.

Mountains out of mole hills.

Do what works for the two of you and to hell with what some stranger at a gas station thinks.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 123
Posted: 10/7/2015 2:08:09 PM
RDtoo- I've never considered it a "mans job" to pump gas.
Usually, whoever is driving pumps the gas.
If we are getting something other than gas, I will usually go in and buy whatever we need and pay for the gas.
If I'm the one driving, they do the same.
The only thing I can count on is having doors opened for me, but I'm in the south. :)
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 124
Posted: 10/7/2015 2:37:29 PM
474bluemoon---where'd she go!?!---

I know there are days I sit in my car and would love to have someone pump the gas

I go to the 'Full Service' pump. A friendly person pumps my gas, washes my windows, checks my oil and tire pressure.
And Thanks ME! (Of course I thank them, too)

I get my pampering where I can~ ;-)
 BBEisBack
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2015 3:47:35 PM

RDtoo- I've never considered it a "mans job" to pump gas.
Usually, whoever is driving pumps the gas.
If we are getting something other than gas, I will usually go in and buy whatever we need and pay for the gas.
If I'm the one driving, they do the same.
The only thing I can count on is having doors opened for me, but I'm in the south. :)

If we were out & about, most the time I would pump the Gas, if my Wife was driving.....
Most times I would go into the store with her, too.....
I wanted to pick out my own candy bar, they might have one that most places don't carry anymore....

As for 17 yo males, yeah I wanted to do the Driving... It was all new & Exciting, then.....

When I got Older, it was Nice to let someone I trusted, shared the Driving Duties...
If We took My Big 4x4 Pickup, then most likely, I'd do all the Driving.....
If it was snowing or had snowed, I'd be Driving, I was better at that part......

ETA: We went to the self serve lane, because it was that much cheaper... Why pay someone else for what I can do easily?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Woman pumps the gas while boyfriend sits in car