Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > Statements in profiles that make you say "NEXT!"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jennywillwin
Msg: 426
view profile
History
Statements in profiles that make you say NEXT!Page 18 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
In California where a younger age matters more than having substance and good character, ladies around my age are mostly ignored online. There is a small minority of men online who either don't care or they appreciate that you're older for various reasons.

In person it tends to be easier to socialize since everything is in plain site, including my charming personality :) Ha!
 mamasboy069
Msg: 427
Statements in profiles that make you say NEXT!
Posted: 3/13/2013 7:00:22 PM
from wat i seen on here so far,,,there is no real single women on here,,,,there alll with someone jus tryen to tease ,,,or tawk chit to pissmen off?,,,,,,or there looken fer someone the age of there oldest son?

the proofs in the puddin
hows that hope an change workinout 4 u
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 428
Posted: 3/14/2013 10:25:38 AM
Jenny is here not to be ignored! ;-)
 Jennywillwin
Msg: 429
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2013 10:50:52 AM
^^^Nobody puts Jenny in a corner!

*It's a Dirty Dancing movie quote with a slight adjustment.
 pixidancer
Msg: 430
Posted: 3/15/2013 5:05:08 PM
I love it (smirk at the very least), when they say they are "average" in build and you ;look at the pictures and two Mike Tysons could fit in their clothes at the same time. Why lie? Or, is average body weight is now obese? My mistake surely *tongue in cheek*
 Jennywillwin
Msg: 431
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2013 5:09:12 PM
^^^^ If they only have headshots and say they are average then you have to assume the worst. I met someone like that and he was obese.
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 432
Posted: 3/15/2013 11:50:16 PM
The average American is obese (25#+ overweight). However, not everyone on here claiming to be average is.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 433
Posted: 3/15/2013 11:57:02 PM
^^^^^^
"The average American is obese (25#+ overweight)"
Walmart shoppers must be way above average. I'd say that 25 lbs. is for young children, then it goes up from there.
A sad commentary, but true.
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 434
Posted: 3/16/2013 11:44:41 AM

Yeah, how exactly do you enter in the wrong date for your birthday? Before I see their little admission I usually think that they look old for their age. So really, isn't it better to look young for your age rather than lie and have people think you've aged poorly?

Yet, women wonder why so many men don;t trust women, or why they're having such a difficult time meeting "quality men". Probably because right out of the gate, you've lied, so it's a pretty good bet, you'll continue to lie throughout the relationship, what guy wants that?

Also, I love the women who try to play something like lying about their birthdate and how they can't change it, is compared to being "no big deal. LOL", or "hey, it's just a small lie".....no such thing as either.
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 435
Posted: 3/16/2013 1:38:31 PM
Women always mess with their birthdates. My grandmother had even slipped a year in grade school per the U.S. census and by the time she died (true age 88), we thought she was 10 years younger than her true age when we finally found her birth certificate 15 years later.

That's nothing new. That's to be expected!
 MsRavenHoney
Msg: 436
Posted: 3/17/2013 12:01:49 PM
I go to the gym 8 days a week.......

SERIOUSLY, if you spend alllllllllllllll your time at the gym, when do we ever meet, do i meet you all sweaty, are you rushing to get to the gym?

I love to travel (and have a bazillion travel photos posted)

This is great but again, WHEN are you free to date.....

My all time irritant is when I get an email with their phone number, SERIOUSLY, are you THAT lazy to put any effort into pursuing a woman that you throw your number out there and leave it to her to do the calling....... no, that screams easy and lazy ..... same goes for women.

and lastly,

I'm not looking for a text relationship ......... and then they proceed to text you FOR MONTHS.

I want to meet someone within 2 weeks of the initial message, move it to a text, phone call then COFFEE/WINE or whatever, but meet.......
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 437
Posted: 7/15/2013 3:48:27 PM
Profiles that talk about you "should" do this, you "should" be that? Next!
While we all know (in general) what we are looking for, to see in a profile, someone write how someone else
"should" be is a turn off.
 notjesus
Msg: 438
Posted: 7/15/2013 11:05:07 PM

If you're looking for the sex go away!

/much obliged, see ya. well, no I won't.

I'm a PROUD single mother of ### kids, my children are my world and you will always be second to them

Oh please.

Where do you draw the pride from? Your fertility? Your lack of responsibility? If they're your entire WORLD what the hell are you doing here? Go away.

How about some honesty instead? I'm a single mother of 5 and proud of 2 of them! The other 3 remind me of their shidbirt of a father. Please beat them for me.

I love animals and don't eat them, meat is murder, vegans are superior, etc

Great, go start your own race, humans are omnivores and besides sex, food is one of life's greatest pleasures. Depriving yourself is a form of self loathing that goes too far for I.
 melodyof_k
Msg: 439
Posted: 7/22/2013 6:51:56 PM
cuddling and movies is a must.

I used to not pay attention to this until I came to forums.
I dont like the cuddling thing in the profile.
of course if you become a couple you will cuddle.
but the way some put out there is sounding like they are saying they want sex soon.
 mateo45
Msg: 440
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2013 4:10:06 PM
"Make me laugh."

Hey, that's not a personality preference, it's a job requirement!
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 441
Posted: 8/31/2013 12:15:12 AM

I'm a PROUD single mother of ### kids, my children are my world and you will always be second to them

Oh please.

Where do you draw the pride from? Your fertility? Your lack of responsibility? If they're your entire WORLD what the hell are you doing here? Go away.

LOL, exactly! What man will find you and your multiple crum crunchers from (usually) multiple men, attractive? and knowing this, why would a man want to get involved with someone like this?

How about some honesty instead? I'm a single mother of 5 and proud of 2 of them! The other 3 remind me of their shidbirt of a father. Please beat them for me.

LOL again, very true. Keep in mind though, the same shidbird father(s), THEY chose to continue to date, and have kids from. Again, not many men lining up to date these women.

I love animals and don't eat them, meat is murder, vegans are superior, etc

We all love animals...what's her point?
 mateo45
Msg: 442
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2013 6:51:34 PM
Listing loaded Interests like,"Eating food without poisons in it", or "Intelligent conversations", or "Harleys" (geez, just liking motorcycles isn't enuff, it's gotta be a specific BRAND... lol)?!
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 443
Posted: 9/2/2013 7:19:38 PM

Leading off the text of a profile: "If you're financially set, ...."

May as well just say, "I'm a golddigger who's going to spend all your money."

Or, "Financially secure"........I am, are they? This doesn't mean she gets all the money, she actually has to work, and support herself, there's a concept ah? STOP looking for rich men to take care of you, support yourself. Women certainly wouldnt like it if done to them by men.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 444
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2013 6:20:32 PM
Harley's, it just shows that they really don't know to much about bikes. While I love the sound of a push rod Harley the only one worth the money off the showroom floor is the VRod. The others are 10 years behind. I can't wait until they say Triumph...
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 445
Posted: 9/4/2013 8:26:25 PM
"Harley's, it just shows that they really don't know to much about bikes."

Come on now, Tumuch, of course they don't know much about bikes, but they DO know what they like.
So just be the angel that you are, and let them give you what YOU like :)
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 446
Posted: 9/4/2013 8:48:55 PM
^^^ problem is...many of them dont give us what we want, we usually have to fight for it.
 mateo45
Msg: 447
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2013 7:59:19 PM
Harley's, it just shows that they really don't know to much about bikes. While I love the sound of a push rod Harley the only one worth the money off the showroom floor is the VRod. The others are 10 years behind. I can't wait until they say Triumph...

Yeah, could be they just don't know anything about bikes, although here in the more "redneck" parts of the Valley it can also mean they're of the hyper-conservative "my-way-or-the-highway" persuasion ("it's gotta be Jee-zus, Harleys, Nascar, 4X4's, and Right Wing politics... or else!"). Kinda the same way that Harley purists don't accept the otherwise cool V-Rod, just 'cuz it was co-designed by Porsche. BTW, IMHO the only thing sounds better than a Triumph is a good ol' Norton Commando, with Dunstall pipes natch'!! ;-p
 FadedR
Msg: 448
Posted: 9/18/2013 12:43:07 AM
I'm gonna Rage here: I find women say:

"looking for an honest guy"
-no one's gonna be 100% honest the first few months of a relationship. Common sense, your going to exaggerate, omit, and straight up lie to present yourself as the best possible you.

Take me for example, Am I gonna say it took me 7 years to graduate college, probably not. How about the fact I was on a financial fast track but burnt out and over worked till I was drinking a bottle of single malt every night. Na, I mange a portfolio for a select group of clients or I day trade (all which is true).

For all those girls taking pics from a downward angle in soft light, don't kid yourself, that's misrepresenting yourselves too. Its a distorted pic.
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 449
Posted: 9/18/2013 11:27:15 AM
^^^ or how about those ladies, who always seem to "fudge" their birth dates, and then claim "the site won't let me change it, blah blah blah". This isn't lying either ladies? if you've lied right out of the gate, why would you expect honesty from someone else? O,r the whole "I'm a a few extra pounds", then they show pics where they look like Dumbo the Elephant going to a feeding. Honey, just say something HONEST like: "I've let myself go over the years, but am constantly trying to evolve and change. I'm in the process of dropping a few tons", or something similarly facetious. It's ok, no one's perfect, and yet so many women here 'demand/expect" men to be honest with them.

Or those who say they're "separated"(this is for guys and gals), NO, You're still married, and when the time comes that you no longer are married, then you're not "separated" you're divorced. "Separated" tells men that there's a chance you still might go back to your ex, why would you do that to someone else, if you yourselves don;t want it done to you?
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 450
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2013 1:25:53 PM
Well there is some fudging on ages and married status all the time here but the one question I would love and would hold the most interest to me would be a drop down...

Marital status...divorced
How Many Times?_____

I think the number of divorces would big the biggest fib of all, just seems they don't count if you were in your 20's, they only lasted a year....
Show ALL Forums  > California  > Statements in profiles that make you say "NEXT!"