Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Not single at all      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pretzelman60
Msg: 2
Not single at allPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
^^^^^^^ Good answer. But if he is lying, move on. If you could stop people from lying, we would have no Congress.

JMO
 Jaded_2
Msg: 3
Not single at all
Posted: 11/10/2011 1:15:21 PM
He said nothing! Mo messages no texts no calls...just nothing
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 4
Not single at all
Posted: 11/10/2011 1:18:32 PM
after an hour or so a woman came in and started hitting him and calling him a liar and a cheater...wtf?

Tell your husband to show up later also next time and maybe he will hit it off with any intruder woman..
Become a foursome?..

There are only 9,000 families there, maybe you could look up the next guy in the phone book or local business directory and givem a call at home before meeting em..

Better yet, offer to do his genealogy and ask for all his relatives names and DOBs..

Or ask the local sheriff about him..

daynadaze
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Not single at all
Posted: 11/10/2011 2:33:11 PM
I don't know how long you've been separated nor do I know how separated you are, but you are going to be eaten alive by the marriage police for being separated and dating.

As to the guy, all you did was go on a date with someone who was either lying & cheating or has a really psycho ex stalking him, but it's safe to say that in a first meet you can't know who the person is and that's why we date, to get to know someone and decide if we want to go further.
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 7
Not single at all
Posted: 11/10/2011 4:50:38 PM
OP your post is incomplete. How did you find out he wasn't single? Did this woman claim to be his wife? Did she claim he had a wife that he needs to get back to? Did he confess he was married after taking a purse beating?

Maybe that woman bought some fake drugs from him in the parking lot and wants a refund...???

If you are this sloppy about your conversations and communication, there's NO WAY you're going to filter out liars, cheats, and scammers. You need to be direct and ask DIRECT QUESTIONS and when you don't get DIRECT ANSWERS you should hang up the phone or block email.
 justin5502
Msg: 8
Not single at all
Posted: 11/10/2011 6:10:37 PM
He is single.

She wasn't.
 cooldog65
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Not single at all
Posted: 11/10/2011 6:20:17 PM
" He said nothing! Mo messages no texts no calls...just nothing."

That's speaks volumes! It's called avoidance. A favorite tactic of cheaters. No guilt if you admit nothing.
 1776or1984
Msg: 10
Not single at all
Posted: 11/10/2011 6:24:52 PM
It's not just here on the internet sites. I had a woman dive under a table once during dinner. Too late, her hubby had already seen her. Boy was I surprised to find out she was married. Gave me her home phone number, I had even picked her up at her house for the date but didn't go inside.

I dodged a bullet then and so did you on this one.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Not single at all
Posted: 11/10/2011 6:55:36 PM

You can't stop anyone lying.....can you???

Cut out their tongue.

Rarely administered as punishment nowadays, but..effectively cures the spoken lie.
 smothy
Msg: 12
Not single at all
Posted: 11/10/2011 7:05:00 PM
To Femaleandflirty
They are all liars losers or players on this site mostly
Is that like saying all the females are lazy tripping gold digging sl ts on this site mostly
i find your generalization insulting and can only think you get what you deserve
 Giggles10000
Msg: 14
Not single at all
Posted: 11/10/2011 11:08:27 PM
Op, sorry you came on here and were asking for help on something you didn't understand and were trying to get ideas on how to prevent it in the future.

Unfortunately you will have to learn to filter out people who have attachments. Since you don't know who exactly she was to him there is no way you can know if it was something you could have prevented. I found taking your time in meeting someone a good idea ...but you have to be balanced; too much time works against you also. Social media is a good way to see if they are attached. If you get their personal email and then enter it into Facebook it will normally show if they have an account. I have had 3 different guys who were *IN RELATIONSHIPS on facebook but were writing to me on POF. If someone is genuinely interested in you and wants to get to know you most will add you as a friend, but if they don't have one blah blah blah...they just might and the reason they deny it is so they keep their secrets. What the other poster said about phone calls etc, if they cant talk on a phone, vs chat online, at home at night it is cause someone else is probably there. Some married men will chat online with you with their wife right in the room, they just hide the screen with another one on top.

As far as those who don't understand the difference: She has it in her profile she is separated, she isn't pretending she is something she isn't. You do not know the reason she hasn't been able to obtain a divorce and that has nothing to do with meeting someone and having someone else show up for dinner!

Good luck to you Op, it really isn't as brutal as it appears, but just like you wouldn't go to a big city and park your car and leave the keys in it with your purse etc, you have to do things to protect yourself online cause this is a free site and anyone can make a profile and pretend to be whatever they want.
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 15
Not single at all
Posted: 11/11/2011 3:52:54 AM
if he's hot-looking and u feel the chemistry..just start banging him...but watch ur back!! LOL....
 Fleuron
Msg: 17
Not single at all
Posted: 11/11/2011 9:26:44 AM

He didn't say anything.... So how exactly did this date end? They both just went POOF and vanished into thin air? Maybe he didn't say anything to you, but if he was clinging to her ankle as she drug him out the door.....

Yeah. Apparently we’re not gonna get the whole story. Maybe they’re both still there, and she’s still hitting him.

If he WAS clinging to her ankle or being led out by the ear, would he HAVE to say anything? I sure wouldn’t be interested in a second date.

Maybe it was his mother? Mistaken identity? A looney bin escapee? This story could use some fleshing out.

Cut out their tongue.

Or, disable the larynx ala “Motel Hell.”
 CheckPrime
Msg: 18
Not single at all
Posted: 11/11/2011 5:21:18 PM
kick him in the nuts.
 Xmontrealais
Msg: 19
Not single at all
Posted: 11/11/2011 9:59:24 PM
There is something obiviously suspicious about someone who is constantly on this site and says she is here only for the forum's....the other day I messaged someone and sort of challenged her honesty. While she said in the body of her profile she was here only for the forum's her profile stated she was divorced and she had some 1st date suggestion's.........when I confronted her about this she said she had a significant other and she was of course here for the forum's........I tried to message her again and found that she blocked me(lol).........I was going to point out to her that instead of saying she was divorced why didn't she say "not single/not looking??".........well guess what!! the next time I clicked her profile she changed her headline and her status to not single/not looking......how convenient!!!(lol).....and I say "GOTCHA!!!"
 Giggles10000
Msg: 20
Not single at all
Posted: 11/11/2011 11:40:20 PM
Wow, arent you the forum police...glad you are out there snooping around on posters and busting them for what you feel is suspicious activities...but personally I think you might want to GET A LIFE!

Most people are generally clueless about what is in their profiles if they are dedicated to being on the forums, so she forgot to change her status to not single/not looking when she had stated that she was here for the forums in her profile...seriously...you got an issue with that????? WHY????

Can you block someone who never wrote to you just cause you know what a simpleton they are?

I think if the forums were gone you would find most of the people who post on them gone as well cause there are quite a few individuals who are in good solid relationships with other individuals that they meet here on POF. The forums are the only reason I still have a profile, and newsflash my boyfriend has one post on here also but he prefers the local news forums to troll on.
 redfox21
Msg: 21
Not single at all
Posted: 11/12/2011 3:48:49 AM
This has been happening to me alot lately. A girl gives me her number. Then she talks dirty to me on the phone. Instead of wanting to go out, or even just hook up, she says something like, "I shouldn't even be talking to you...I'm seeing somebody."

Of course, these are never girls older than 25. Only the younger ones.
 Fleuron
Msg: 22
Not single at all
Posted: 11/12/2011 8:55:29 AM

the next time I clicked her profile she changed her headline and her status to not single/not looking......how convenient!!!(lol).....and I say "GOTCHA!!!"

What did you “get” exactly? She said she was here for the forums. Rejection sucks, huh.

“Forums only” means “forums only.” She probably changed her status to discourage morons who can’t understand or respect what “forums only” means.
 cooldog65
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Not single at all
Posted: 11/12/2011 9:35:02 AM
Touche' Fleuron!
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 24
Not single at all
Posted: 11/12/2011 11:14:34 AM
Is there anything that can be done about someone saying they are single and in fact they arent? Went on a date and after an hour or so a woman came in and started hitting him and calling him a liar and a cheater...wtf?

There are even people in the forums who post about "their boyfriend" or "their girlfriend", and in their profile, it's still marked as Single. With online dating making it easier & more convenient to window-shop, mingle, get a date, etc. -- it's harder for one who does partake in online dating when single, to cut off their options.

With that said though, and even though the chances aren't high here, that girl could not have been his girlfriend -- he could have been single, but have been on several dates with the gal & led her to believe they were an item, or she herself assuming that since they got intimate and they had a date set up in the future. Not that that would make him a great guy... just saying. Did he at least offer an explanation? Convincing? Or "sh!t, you got me" reaction?
 john36602000
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Not single at all
Posted: 11/12/2011 11:24:41 AM
[Just stay away from guys on here.
They are all liars, losers or players in the main.......]

femaleandflirty--I will have to argur with you on this comment. Not all guys are liars or losers. Some are on here really trying to make a connection and meet their true love. Don't need to be beat down by negative comments like this. Evidently you have had bad experiences on here, but don't hold all the men on here responsible for what has happened to you.
 larissan04
Msg: 26
Not single at all
Posted: 11/13/2011 6:34:42 AM
wow! sounds like a date from hell. obviously the woman was in a relationship with this guy and was pretty ticked off to find him out with another woman. what can you do about it? well, if you are feeling vengeful and nasty, you could post a cheater's profile on some cheater's site, or you could call up the woman and tell her everything. you probably shouldn't do anything like this, however, as it would just make you feel worse. the best thing to do is move on, block him, and never speak to him again.
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 27
Not single at all
Posted: 3/27/2012 9:15:46 AM
Went on a date and after an hour or so a woman came in and started hitting him and calling him a liar and a cheater...wtf?

LOL, that would have made my day.

The guy has unfinished business, that's for sure. I'm not casting blame but one does sorta tend to jump to conclusions without waiting around to hear more, in these situations. Unfinished business should be enough for you to just move on. Let's assume for the sake of argument he is as pure as the driven snow.... you wanna hang around for more of that psycho ex??

I assume you didn't go to bed with him before this dramatic scene unfolded before your very eyes. No harm, no foul. What's the worst thing that could have happened to you here, really... you had to pay for your own dinner?? If encountering people for the first time didn't contain an element of risk, we wouldn't need to grope little old ladies at airports.

Is there anything that can be done about someone saying they are single and in fact they arent?

Do you mean beyond the (ex) wife/ (ex) GF showing up with a truncheon and a bad attitude???
Yes. Caveat lector. Caveat lector. Caveat lector.
 Sussieee
Msg: 28
Not single at all
Posted: 3/27/2012 10:01:14 PM
Been there, except we lived together and I had his baby before I realized it! --YiKeS--
Bottom line, you can't control anyone else, just yourself.
 jmark4
Msg: 29
Not single at all
Posted: 3/27/2012 11:02:15 PM
just learn from it; remember to go slow, especially with internet dating.

It's rough in todays dating world with so many cheaters and people with no class or character.

Just be patient; and I'm glad he was exposed.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Not single at all