Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > Aggressive Women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 35
Aggressive WomenPage 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Its those kinds of snide remarks that make mountains out of mole hills. Forget we work 40-60 hours a week cook clean take care of the kids get em to their appts on time projects and homework grocerys etc... trust me when I come home from a 12 hour night shift you dont want to see me in anything sexy especially if I have a flat tire in traffic and pissed off. Kinda makes ya want the beer now huh ?
 john_in_bh
Msg: 36
Aggressive Women
Posted: 12/15/2011 6:01:28 PM
^^^^
I took a peek at your profile, and it seems to be that you are an 18 year old big guy that drinks and smokes alot without a job, wanting the girl to support him that is just looking for sex and requires the girl to "swallow".

I guess those qualities are exactly what today's girls are looking for and you would bag 'em easily. Maybe I should try writing a profile like that, I mean after all I can't get much worse results than I am getting now! What planet am I on??
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 37
Aggressive Women
Posted: 12/15/2011 8:42:23 PM

Do you think women are more aggressive now then they have been in the past?

how far into the past you talking about here? since the 50's? obviously. recent years? id say slightly.

Do you think that we being in California makes for more aggressive women then say in a mid west state?

im not sure about the midwest, but i did live in the south for a short period of time when i was married. (so cal born and raised) i think the women there are much more vocal in an old fashioned type way, but aggressive? not much.

*** i havent read the whole thread, so forgive me me if its been said, but, to clarify, what type of aggressive are we talking about? dating wise or economic job wise?
 mateo45
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Aggressive Women
Posted: 12/16/2011 3:53:07 AM
Its those kinds of snide remarks that make mountains out of mole hills. Forget we work 40-60 hours a week cook clean take care of the kids get em to their appts on time projects and homework grocerys etc... trust me when I come home from a 12 hour night shift you dont want to see me in anything sexy especially if I have a flat tire in traffic and pissed off. Kinda makes ya want the beer now huh ?

What, so men don't have days like that too, and yet they're sometimes called upon to do a "favor"? Or should he just change the tire only halfway, 'cuz he's "not in the mood" to do the rest? So unless we're talking "entitlement" here, isn't making that little extra effort to please (however you choose), really the whole point of expressing mutual "appreciation"? Although regardless the mode of "thanks", it's probably safe to say that having a sense of humor always goes a long way, on both sides....
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 39
Aggressive Women
Posted: 12/16/2011 4:40:10 PM
I think you missed my whole point of men and women having their own place in a relationship. Believe me I do my part if not more. If he didnt change the stupid tire Id of paid to have it done ( and yes I have a career and can pay for it myself) Now lets take this scenario at yet another level ... I got a flat tire on the way home from work my man was too lazy to come and help me change it so I had to call a tow truck ... during peak traffic in l.a. ... I get home 3 hours late I didnt make his coffee breakfast or pack his lunch and the kids missed school! Things get out of hand real quick.
 matchlight
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Aggressive Women
Posted: 12/16/2011 5:38:56 PM
^^^^^If he's too lazy to help you out there, let him fix his own breakfast and pack his own lunch. I have plenty of faults, I'm sure, but I'm never so tired I can't deliver when someone I care about really needs me to.
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 41
Aggressive Women
Posted: 12/16/2011 6:06:12 PM
Something else you guys missed when I said provide security. You thought financial and I meant it in the neandrathal way... secure from all bad and evil. Nothing to do with money at all! Funny how people see things so differently.
 matchlight
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Aggressive Women
Posted: 12/16/2011 7:43:54 PM

Nothing to do with money at all! Funny how people see things so differently.

Well, of course we assume women mean money when they talk about security. Do you really think it ever enters our minds to protect women physically? Come on! This is 2011, not the days of Neanderthals! In these modern times, when we're all equal, women can't expect men to get involved in something as uncivilized as violence.
 john_in_bh
Msg: 43
Aggressive Women
Posted: 12/16/2011 8:03:32 PM

Something else you guys missed when I said provide security. You thought financial and I meant it in the neandrathal way... secure from all bad and evil..

For that may I suggest a 9mm instead of a man.
And it doesn't sit around Sunday night and watch football with all it's friends either.

BTW: 99% of women mean FINANCIAL security when they say the "S" word.
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 44
Aggressive Women
Posted: 12/16/2011 8:25:07 PM
lol im such a dork id end up shooting myself in the foot... but I do keep bats handy and I have a decent swing!
 mateo45
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Aggressive Women
Posted: 12/17/2011 3:07:25 AM
No woman ever asked me how much my house is worth, or how big my retirement pension is.

Perhaps, although just because it wasn't mentioned, doesn't mean it wasn't noticed!
 john_in_bh
Msg: 46
Aggressive Women
Posted: 12/17/2011 9:15:14 AM

John, I have had different experiences when it comes to a woman's "security". That's where your physical presence comes into play, so when you two are walking around she feels safe.

Rich- Not sure where you are from or maybe it's the age range you are dating but I can assure you that unless you live in a gang infested area of South Central the standard gold diggers of Los Angeles refer to financial security when they talk about "security". The idea of marriage, gives them security because that way the guy can't run off without having to PAY.
 KalGrl
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Aggressive Women
Posted: 12/17/2011 9:25:53 AM
The standard golddiggers of LA

You came to this conclusion after meeting all the eligible women in LA County right?

I guess it's similar to the standard sex maniacs of LA County
 mateo45
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Aggressive Women
Posted: 12/17/2011 10:32:55 AM
Hate to break it to 'ya, but speaking as a member of the "geezer" persuasion, dunno that I've seen any evidence yet that "age" alone eliminates the "shallow things". Old, young, IMHO the problem's always the same.... you still gotta use good judgment, although "age" (aka, experience with ourselves, and others) can help!
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 49
Aggressive Women
Posted: 12/17/2011 11:05:23 AM
Rich- Not sure where you are from or maybe it's the age range you are dating but I can assure you that unless you live in a gang infested area of South Central

Guess you could say Im from the south central of the valley...not your typical valley girl!
 john_in_bh
Msg: 50
Aggressive Women
Posted: 12/17/2011 11:33:12 AM
John, I met a nice lady last week, she owns a big yacht in San Pedro, a hotel in Venice and two apartment buildings in West LA.

From the 1955 Bugs Bunny episode "Hare Brush" ...

"I am Elmer J. Fudd, millionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht..."
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 51
Aggressive Women
Posted: 12/17/2011 5:19:24 PM
sure along with the neighbors bass bumpin and the mariachis around the corner might sound kinda nice...
 matchlight
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Aggressive Women
Posted: 12/18/2011 4:51:02 AM
^^^^^Yes, I understand that. I like to think I'm pretty good at it. And it would be a wonderful thing for two people to help each other. But as strong and confident as women expect us to be, I'm not sure what support we could ever need or hope for from them.
 mateo45
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Aggressive Women
Posted: 12/18/2011 8:34:22 AM
What, you mean women should provide emotional support too?! Wow, what a concept!! Although some of 'em probably figure that just handing a guy a beer accomplishes much the same thing. ;-p
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 54
Aggressive Women
Posted: 12/18/2011 9:18:14 AM
Any woman who makes her own money and is confident of herself, doesnt focus on a mans money.
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 55
Aggressive Women
Posted: 12/18/2011 11:26:38 AM
All men think differently and the same man may think differently about different situations. Sometimes they just want a beer, sometimes they just want someone to listen (no advice just listen), and some actually ask for advice and on rare occassion actually take it. When your in a relationship hopefully youll just somehow know what one another needs and when your not sure it doesnt hurt to ask. When all else fails just give a hug and hope for the best!
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 56
Aggressive Women
Posted: 12/18/2011 1:20:15 PM
Lol cuz theres no market anymore for good old fashioned practical common sense! Its all about the most outragious overly dramatic and AGGRESSIVE behavior you can possibly muster up!
 romanticuddler
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Aggressive Women
Posted: 12/30/2011 1:49:19 PM
You can try www.meetup.com to see if you can find a hockey group near you. It's a pretty popular site in the bay area. You can find groups like: hiking, movies, happy hour, sushi lovers... you get the idea. Good Luck!

Happy New year,
Sharks Fan!
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 58
Aggressive Women
Posted: 9/3/2012 11:32:53 AM
^^^^^^
"An assertive woman knows who she is and what kind of man fits her best and will not mislead someone by playing games."

I think you're assuming that all assertive women are smart.
Maybe it's appropriate to add that there is a fine line between being "assertive", and being a "byotch", a smart woman knows which side of that line to be on, and the other type does not.
 mike215215
Msg: 59
Aggressive Women
Posted: 9/9/2012 10:33:38 AM

I was raised to neverevereverever be assertive with a guy, not because it was slutty but because it was unattractive, unfeminine and emasculating.

Men do not mind assertive women... they ONLY mind the one they are NOT attracted to! If Salma Hayek (or any HOTTY) came on to any men, I bet NONE would turn her down because she was TOO assertive! Women.. please stop telling yourself theses lies told by your mothers... and by your BFF or GF, or Cosmo mag. It is simply a defense mechanism, lie to rationalize your refusal to approach... for having to deal with your fear of rejection! despite all your denial that it is!

Why not be assertive and let the man you are interested?? So many men are "shy" to make the approach for fear of rejection. Looking at a man in the eyes, smiling at him... is being assertive... but also is giving him a sign to approach! I have talked to women that would rather suffer in silence and give him no signs of interest to a man she secretly is interested into- or at best she gives him a simple non smiling look, and immediately look away when he catches her looking at him which could be misconstrued as accidental - this happens to everyone! So how could a man get she's interested vs being an accident?? .... And then she rationalizes (her failure to give him any interest signs) that he did not deserves her after all, cuz he did not approach and must be a wuss, and not be an alpha male that she so longs for! This is so contrived thinking... no wonder she keeps suffering in silence...

Then comes along Mr. Alpha male that will approach her, no matter what, no interest signs given, and with all the subconscious pick up techniques he has learned over the years... she falls for him and does not even know why.... and after a few, weeks or months... that alpha male became simply a JERK to her.....

you damn if you do you damn if you don't!

It's supposed to be an equal world!
Show ALL Forums  > California  > Aggressive Women