Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Decision On Keystone XL Pipeline Delayed      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 276
Decision On Keystone XL Pipeline DelayedPage 12 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)

Before any fracking takes place, the gas company contracts an independent company which performs a $500 comprehensive well water test that consists of about 15 or so pages of virtualy every possible chemical, element, & carcinogen that is present in my well.

Do they do a follow-up test?

Do they tell you what chemicals they will be using?

Do they tell you how much of those chemicals where there able to recover post fracking?

Do they tell you what they do with the waste water?
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 277
view profile
History
Decision On Keystone XL Pipeline Delayed
Posted: 12/12/2014 2:19:21 PM
Yes to all. I/we/you have access to all info. You have NO data to go on, just agendist blog spew that excites you so terribly it causes you to wet yourself repeatedly, hence the troll post
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 278
Posted: 12/12/2014 2:27:22 PM

Yes to all.

Cool story bro, though I guess it is a real shame there is no way you could share that data.

You have NO data to go on,...

Nope, because for some reason the corporations who are doing the fracking do not have to disclose what they use.

So for you to have that kind of information either shows you have access to confidential information or you are just making sh*t up.

... just agendist blog spew that excites you so terribly it causes you to wet yourself repeatedly, hence the troll post

Ok, thanks for explaining why you where troll posting.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2014 2:29:09 PM
#285. It is good to see that the fracking co. had your well water tested before starting the process. That is quite a list of chemicals and you said it was'nt even a full list. Did they indicate the parts per million quantities contained in your water? Do they do continual water monitoring on a regular basis to see if the fracking process is leaching contaminants into your water? Is this also a part of the fracking process? The monitoring I mean.

I ask because if so you now have a baseline to measure if the process is causing any further chemical leaching into your water. I do hope for the sake of your drinking water that you have the tests re done on a periodical basis. Yes, there are all kinds of chemicals in groundwater I agree. It's when levels of chemicals are elevated that it could be problemental. This elevation of leachate could be caused naturally by quakes or excess rainfall or could be manmade. I think you probably already know this and it's better safe than sorry.
 cotter
Msg: 280
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2014 3:01:32 PM
HFX_RGB
Doremi_Fasolatido

LMFAO ... ... check it out! If all that stuff in Message 285 looks familiar ... it's because he already posted it a couple of years ago ...

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts15386479.aspx
Neopoli
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/27/2012 10: 09 :51 PM

Neopoli
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/28/2012 8: 40 :09 AM

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/15386479datingPostpage2.aspx

Neopoli
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/28/2012 8: 37 :10 PM

Neopoli
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/29/2012 7: 49 :17 AM
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 281
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2014 3:02:32 PM

That is quite a list of chemicals and you said it was'nt even a full list. Did they indicate the parts per million quantities contained in your water? Do they do continual water monitoring on a regular basis to see if the fracking process is leaching contaminants into your water? Is this also a part of the fracking process? The monitoring I mean.

Yes, periodic testing. All testing showing PPM, allowable levels, &comparisons to empirical regional averages. That is why the original test was performed, as a baseline. They also inspected the foundation of the house & recorded data as a baseline for any possible sinkage & resulting foundation damage that may occur.

^^They do this to protect themselves as much as it is supposed to benefit you or me. In other words, if they DID NOT perform the original test, I could test my own water, see all those "poisonous" chemicals in my water, & sue them, claiming THEY were responsible for all those "poisonous" chemicals in my otherwise pristine ground water. An agendist troll or stalker would wet him/herself silly at that & would devote his/her entire life to proving that fracking/whatever evil human caused it.

See? they have proof that they DID NOT cause it. Those chemicals, etc are/were always present in the ground water

Anyway, so far, so good. Nothing is out of line, or exceeding allowable levels allowed by EPA after 3+ years of full-bore fracking. There is also a large creek on my property that starts in Pennsylvania & drains into the Ohio River. Despite full-bore fracking of the entire length of the creek area, everything is still crystal clear, with fish swimming as of late this past summer. So far, so good.

This elevation of leachate could be caused naturally by quakes or excess rainfall or could be manmade. I think you probably already know this and it's better safe than sorry.

Yes. The levels vary somewhat year to year , depending on rainfall amounts that year, aquafer level, other environmental factors, etc.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 282
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2014 5:12:31 PM
Msg 290... Yes, I remember those threads and this current topic has been discussed before. Ithink I posted an opinion on one of those threads also....

Msg 291.... As you said, so far so good. My hope is that the future under your feet won't reach up and bite you someday. Or, someone else in the future who happens to be using/owning/living on your land. I know you're area and Pa. Southwest is being fracked on a large scale. More water and chemicals being pumped underground by humanity than ever before. And as for future ramifications? Who knows?

I'd say, unless I really needed the $$ I'd leave it where it lies. Someday unfracked land may be at a premium there. Especially if all the fracked land is somehow crapped up.
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 283
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2014 5:44:55 PM
^^^ There are some areas where drilling was put on hold, as there is an abundance of gas coming from this area. Some wells are putting out far more than originally estimated, so there is some holding back from new drilling for the time being.

Plus, transport capacity is near 100%. Plans are in the works to build a new gas pipeline across 2 states to ease distribution of gas out of this gas-rich concentrated area

On a related note, that 5-square mile area surrounding my property in which there are no less than 4 gas wells, there also runs a main rail line that goes west/east, crossing the Ohio River on an impressive rail bridge that spans the river, & runs along the county road in the creek valley where my property is. 100-200 car trains run along that line on their way to the East Coast.

It usually takes 2-3 locomotives in tandem to pull all those cars, & it travels about twice per day every day. You could always hear them from the property, as they echo through the valley as they bear down, pulling that miles-long length of cars. You can also see this train plain as day from many points along that county road in the creek valley.

You can easily count 50, 80 or more OIL TANKER cars, mixed with freight cars, & coal hoppers. At this point, Im far more concerned about a train derailment, spilling a half-million(or more) gallons of crude oil in the Ohio River, along the tracks in that creek valley, & into the ground water, than I am concerned about fracking.

That oil should be piped through a dedicated pipeline rather than being hauled a million gallons at a time in hundreds of rail tanker cars.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 284
Posted: 12/12/2014 8:14:39 PM
All sorts of Christmas presents for the Republicans in the new buget.

Less money to fight climate change. The Environmental Protection Agency budget gets cut by $60 million to $8.1 billion, or 21 percent below peak levels in 2010. That's one of several indicators in the bill of reluctance among Republicans to spend money on efforts to mitigate climate change.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Decoder/2014/1212/Federal-budget-deal-for-2015-What-s-in-it-for-you
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 285
Posted: 12/13/2014 9:19:49 AM
The teabagger's can now vote on a pipeline that won't be built until it becomes economically feasible again to do so. With the current glut of oil on the market and prices diving to $50/barrel no idiot in their right mind would build something that won't be used.
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 286
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2014 9:52:53 AM

Oil trains’ trips through central Ohio kept in dark

By Rick Rouan The Columbus Dispatch • Friday May 2, 2014 6:25 AM

Crude-oil tankers like those that derailed and exploded in Lynchburg, Va., on Wednesday likely roll through Columbus, but it’s unclear how often or how many pass through Ohio.

No state or federal agency tracks the crude oil or hazardous materials moving through the state, and the Association of American Railroads, which compiles self-reported data, provides only national numbers.

But Ohio is a key transit point between oil production in the Bakken shale formation in North Dakota and East Coast ports, and trains likely are carrying crude oil through some of Ohio’s most-heavily populated areas, said Fred Millar, a Virginia rail-safety critic.

“You guys are right in the bowling alley for a lot of these cargoes,” he said. “Somebody in Ohio ought to be asking the question, ‘Is coming through Ohio the safest way to get this cargo to the East Coast?’”

Representatives of CSX and Norfolk Southern, both of which have lines running through the Columbus area, did not respond to requests for comment.

“Unfortunately, we do not get notified at all,” said Kelly McGuire, spokeswoman for Franklin County Emergency Management and Homeland Security.

“We don’t get notified when they’re coming. We don’t get notified of what they’re bringing through, how much, or anything.”

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2014/05/02/no-ones-willing-to-say-when-or-where-oil-trains-go.html

Doremi, These oil trains come south from where you are in Toledo, running right through your city on your major rail arteries, travels south & runs right through Columbus, on its way to the East Coast. I see them when Im stopped at the railroad crossing very near where I live.

These same oil trains pass through where my property is in West Virginia, spewing diesel exhaust fumes all the way from the suburbs of Columbus through the lands of WV & PA on its way to the East Coast. Why are we burning millions & millions of gallons of Diesel fuel hauling these hundreds of thousands of tank cars to their destinations thousands of miles from their point of origin, all the while under the threat of a possible derailment disaster when it could be piped through a dedicated pipeline?
 cotter
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2014 10:35:50 AM
Message 296 ...
Doremi, These oil trains come south from where you are in Toledo, running right through your city on your major rail arteries, travels south & runs right through Columbus ... very near where I live.
Neopoli ... wherever that is ... depending on what name you're using ... teabagger nest in Worthington, Ohio and now with this new profile name ... "Columbus, Ohio".

... spewing diesel exhaust fumes all the way from the suburbs of Columbus ...

No matter how many times you post it in here ... it will not make it true.

The trains that run from Toledo to Columbus are electric. I know because my family members and friends work for the railroad that travels those rails. CSX uses 4,000 and 6,000 horsepower units from GE and EMD.

Nice try though. LMAO ...

(Slow down there ... you're getting weaker and weaker. Be careful with all your jacking off at the railroad crossings you claim to be sitting at.)
 overunity
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2014 10:49:41 AM
The locomotives are diesel/electric. That means there is a diesel engine turning an electric generator to power what's called the electric traction motors. Don't talk about them if you're ignorant of the design and function. BTW EMD stands for Electro Motive Division of General Motors. All diesel electric.
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 289
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2014 11:07:31 AM

The locomotives are diesel/electric. That means there is a diesel engine turning an electric generator to power what's called the electric traction motors. Don't talk about them if you're ignorant of the design and function. BTW EMD stands for Electro Motive Division of General Motors. All diesel electric

overunity , I'm sure you've noticed there is a poster/posters on here who has multi profiles, one of them that stalks me claims that he/she is from southern Columbus, & one of their other profiles pops up a juuust the right time to pull the thread off-topic when thing go wrong. As you saw, the stalker profile claims that ALL the locomotives in Columbus are all "ELECTRIC". That blows the faker's cover right there, he/she/it is obviously NOT from Columbus, because if he/she/it WERE from Columbus, then he/she/it would actually know its a false stalker claim. Who knows where he/she/it is from.

This bogus "ELECTRIC" locomotive claim (that blows their fake profile location cover) shows that they are grasping at straws by blurting out knee-jerk replies to others, Tourettes-style, because they want you to think this crude oil doesnt pass through major cities, etc. by rail, nor acknowlege the pollution from the burning of millions of gallons of diesel fuel hauling it. But they believe it - so them claiming that locomotives that pull freight in "Columbus" are "ELECTRIC" will somehow magically make people forget about the millions of gallons of diesel fuel being burned to haul all this crude oil by rail through cites, along farmlands, over bridges that span sensitive waterways, & close enough to my neighborhood where I can hear these trains.

Anyhow overunity, I really dont want to give my exact loaction away to a whacko internet stalker who claims to be from the same city as me in one of their multiple profiles , (which I have a feeling that person is just a pimply teenager in some other state), but if he/she/it REALLY is from Columbus, (which he/she is not), he/she/it is cordially invited to come & see these claimed "ELECTRIC" locomotives that travel the rail lines in this city....they can then see them, just like I see them when I am sitting there waiting for the track to clear.

overunity, here in northern Columbus, more often than not I happen to catch the train & must sit at one (of the many) railroad crossings in & all around Columbus. The one I usually catch is where Park Rd. connects to Flint Rd, (which is how I get to Rt23/N. High St.) This rail line is the north/south Columbus Subdivision double-track rail line, one of many main rail lines that runs THROUGH Columbus, coming from points south and going to points north, including Toledo/Lake Erie, & vice-versa. There are usually 50-60 or more cars in that train, sometimes over 100, including a mix of freight: some coal hoppers, & the rest are TANKERS, freight cars, flat cars, & even automobile carriers. This is freight that passes through Columbus 24/7 on its way to its destination , which is perhaps many more hundreds of miles away.

If he/she is really from somewhere near Columbus as claimed in one of his/her profiles, then he/she can buzz up to that above-mentioned rail crossing in about 20-30 minutes & see these claimed miracle "ELECTRIC" locomotives that burn diesel fuel. He/she will not have to wait long - trains cross at least 6 times per day. He/she can then explain to us why diesel exhaust spews from these "ELECTRIC" locomotives. Im not gonna hold my breath though...LMAO

If he/she/it claims that is too too far to travel from their fake location in the city, then he/she/it can see one of these many miracle "ELECTRIC" locomotives that spout diesel fumes right downtown. All /he/she/whoever has to do is go to 400 west Rich St., go into Strongwater Lounge there, sit at the bar, & look out the LARGE window behind the bar. Or if he/she/whoever or anyone else is a recovering alcoholic, then just go to Spaghetti Warehouse a few blocks away. That same rail line runs right next to these buildings, & the train frequently runs along that line. The rail line is so close, you can see & hear it plain as day, read all the wording & numbers on all the rail cars - even at night, you can see all the cars, boxcars, TANKERS, etc. & if you sit there long enough, the locomotive will eventually pass by. It runs quite slow at times, & even comes to a stop at times, switching cars back & forth in and out of marshalling yards in the area.

When that "ELECTRIC" locomotive is sitting there, in plain view, at a FULL STOP, it sounds EXACTLY like a giant DIESEL engine running. I thought "ELECTRIC machinery makes no noise when not running...??? And if so, then why does this "ELECTRIC" locomotive sound & smell like a DIESEL locomotive..???

The locomotives are diesel/electric. That means there is a diesel engine turning an electric generator to power what's called the electric traction motors. Don't talk about them if you're ignorant of the design and function. BTW EMD stands for Electro Motive Division of General Motors. All diesel electric.

overunity, we know that, no smart glasses required, but still, Im gonna give the whacko stalker profile the benefit of the doubt here - perhaps he/she/it REALLY THINKS these locomotives are actually total "ELECTRIC", or maybe someone told he/she/it that whopper, & he/she/it believes it. Either way, Im sure he/she couldn't explain why they sound like a DIESEL engine & emit DIESEL exhaust gasses, so I will:

That "ELECTRIC" exhaust spewing out of those "ELECTRIC" locomotives looks & smells exactly like DIESEL exhaust, because each of these "ELECTRIC" locomotives have a huge-a$$ed DIESEL engine that drives an alternator, which produces electricity to run ELECTRIC MOTORS that drive the locomotive's wheels.

They are aptly called DIESEL ELECTRIC locomotives. Its one of the more comon locomotives in the country. People who never set foot in a rail yard, or worked in any unionized industry that is serviced by rail wouldnt know the difference, though. These are the same people who think they are know-it-all Jeopardy champions when they wear their smart glasses, yet cannot even change a windshield wiper on their SUV.

You can identify a DIESEL ELECTRIC from its exhaust note - its a fairly steady rpm exhaust note, much like a home generator. The diesel engine is set at a certain rpm to power the electric alternators that power the electric drive. They are actually surprisingly quiet, when compared to a straight DIESEL locomotive.

A straight traditional DIESEL locomotive has a varying exhaust note, much like your car. You stomp on the gas pedal, the engine surges, & propels the vehicle. The DIESEL locomotive must "bear down" to accelerate.

But lets not let that silly "DIESEL" word get in the way of that cherry-picked"ELECTRIC" word....Good thing that this know-it-all told us that its "ELECTRIC" exhaust smoke & not DIESEL fumes though, so its safe to breathe. LMAO

To be totally clear overunity, there actually are some total "ELECTRIC" locomotives, but they do not haul interstate, let alone haul these untold thousands of crude oil tankers. They are switcher locomotives - not meant for distance duty at all. They are exclusively designed as switching units in yards, etc. Local short-range on-and-off stuff. I have yet to see one in Columbus.

I'm sure they may be a few true ELECTRIC locomotives here & there, switching cars in a marshalling yard of some industry/business in the city. Perhaps I should look harder. Perhaps I will also spot a unicorn. Or perhaps the locomotive version of the Miracle at Cana suddenly happened while I was sleeping, turning all locomotives inside the I-270 loop magically into ELECTRIC locomotives.

In spite of these isolated examples of "ELECTRIC", everywhere else millions & millions of gallons of diesel fuel are burned yearly hauling these crude oil tankers through your neighborhood & my neighborhood, rather than piping it through a dedicated pipeline. We all know how dangerous diesel exhaust is to our health & climate. We know how many millions of gallons of it are burned hauling untold thousands of crude oil tank cars thousands of miles to their destinations. We all know the chances of these crude oil tank cars derailing, spilling, & burning, spewing even more hydrocarbons into the land, water & atmosphere, killing people and wildlife, & we all know that agendists will stupidly repeat agendist parrot-talk, invent feel-good scenarios, and say or do anything all because these crybabies dont want a pipeline.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 290
Posted: 12/13/2014 11:11:13 AM
No state or federal agency tracks the crude oil or hazardous materials moving through the state, and the Association of American Railroads, which compiles self-reported data, provides only national numbers.

Which is thanks to the war on the EPA and all those who think it is too powerful. So unfortunately because of the founding fathers like Moses* once said, big government is bad M'kay.

*Texas approves textbooks with Moses as Founding Father
November 21, 2014 by Michael Stone

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2014/11/texas-approves-textbooks-with-moses-as-founding-father/
 high-ground
Msg: 291
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2014 11:12:01 AM
Cotter the motors on all diesel trains are electric. They use a diesel generator to drive the electric motors. Just do a little more research.

For those interested there is an enormous amounts of oil being pumped daily though thousands of miles pipelines in the USA already.

And Mr Irish it not at $50 per barrel yet. Much closer to $60. But you do have a point, so long as OPEC keeps flooding the market, it will slow down or stop fracking and put the XL pipeline on hold. Does anyone remember the Alaskan pipeline project?
 cotter
Msg: 292
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2014 11:31:46 AM

The locomotives are diesel/electric.
That's right ... what's your point?

That means there is a diesel engine turning an electric generator to power what's called the electric traction motors.
Right again ... which means the description Neopoli described in his Message 296 does not exist.

The trains he is describing are not "... spewing diesel exhaust fumes all the way from the suburbs of Columbus".

Don't talk about them if you're ignorant of the design and function.
I do happen to know that Neopoli is lying about trains "... spewing diesel exhaust fumes all the way from the suburbs of Columbus".

I live where the poster Neopoli is speaking of and he is lying. Why not come down here to Columbus, Ohio and sit at the same railroad crossings he's talking about and see for yourself that he is lying. (Do us a favor though, leave your weenie in your pants because it's already enough that he can't leave his weenie alone.)

BTW EMD stands for Electro Motive Division of General Motors. All diesel electric
Right ... that's what I said ... that's where the engines are from. Again, what's your point?

Cotter the motors on all diesel trains are electric. They use a diesel generator to drive the electric motors.
That's all fine and dandy, but I have also been sitting at the railroad crossings Neopoli is talking about and he is lying. The trains are not "... spewing diesel exhaust fumes all the way from the suburbs of Columbus".

I'll extend the same invitation to you ... come on over to Columbus, Ohio and sit at the same railroad crossings Neopoli claims to be sitting at and see for yourself. The trains are not "... spewing diesel exhaust fumes all the way from the suburbs of Columbus".

No matter how many times he posts it, the poster in Message 296 is lying.
 calguy14
Msg: 293
Posted: 12/13/2014 11:46:10 AM
^^^^
Must be some big batteries in that unit eh cotter? :)

The diesel does not shut down.There could be some effort to clean up the exhaust .
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 294
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2014 11:46:12 AM
I will post it all again. Who is lying about these claimed ELECRTIC LOCOMOTIVES that are hauling hundreds of thousands of oil tank cars across the country, through cities, that DO NOT burn Diesel fuel as claimed in message 298?

The trains that run from Toledo to Columbus are electric. I know because my family members and friends work for the railroad that travels those rails. CSX uses 4,000 and 6,000 horsepower units from GE and EMD.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The locomotives are diesel/electric. That means there is a diesel engine turning an electric generator to power what's called the electric traction motors. Don't talk about them if you're ignorant of the design and function. BTW EMD stands for Electro Motive Division of General Motors. All diesel electric

overunity , I'm sure you've noticed there is a poster/posters on here who has multi profiles, one of them that stalks me claims that he/she is from southern Columbus, & one of their other profiles pops up a juuust the right time to pull the thread off-topic when thing go wrong. As you saw, the stalker profile claims that ALL the locomotives in Columbus are all "ELECTRIC". That blows the faker's cover right there, he/she/it is obviously NOT from Columbus, because if he/she/it WERE from Columbus, then he/she/it would actually know its a false stalker claim. Who knows where he/she/it is from.

This bogus "ELECTRIC" locomotive claim (that blows their fake profile location cover) shows that they are grasping at straws by blurting out knee-jerk replies to others, Tourettes-style, because they want you to think this crude oil doesnt pass through major cities, etc. by rail, nor acknowlege the pollution from the burning of millions of gallons of diesel fuel hauling it. But they believe it - so them claiming that locomotives that pull freight in "Columbus" are "ELECTRIC" will somehow magically make people forget about the millions of gallons of diesel fuel being burned to haul all this crude oil by rail through cites, along farmlands, over bridges that span sensitive waterways, & close enough to my neighborhood where I can hear these trains.

Anyhow overunity, I really dont want to give my exact loaction away to a whacko internet stalker who claims to be from the same city as me in one of their multiple profiles , (which I have a feeling that person is just a pimply teenager in some other state), but if he/she/it REALLY is from Columbus, (which he/she is not), he/she/it is cordially invited to come & see these claimed "ELECTRIC" locomotives that travel the rail lines in this city....they can then see them, just like I see them when I am sitting there waiting for the track to clear.

overunity, here in northern Columbus, more often than not I happen to catch the train & must sit at one (of the many) railroad crossings in & all around Columbus. The one I usually catch is where Park Rd. connects to Flint Rd, (which is how I get to Rt23/N. High St.) This rail line is the north/south Columbus Subdivision double-track rail line, one of many main rail lines that runs THROUGH Columbus, coming from points south and going to points north, including Toledo/Lake Erie, & vice-versa. There are usually 50-60 or more cars in that train, sometimes over 100, including a mix of freight: some coal hoppers, & the rest are TANKERS, freight cars, flat cars, & even automobile carriers. This is freight that passes through Columbus 24/7 on its way to its destination , which is perhaps many more hundreds of miles away.

If he/she is really from somewhere near Columbus as claimed in one of his/her profiles, then he/she can buzz up to that above-mentioned rail crossing in about 20-30 minutes & see these claimed miracle "ELECTRIC" locomotives that burn diesel fuel. He/she will not have to wait long - trains cross at least 6 times per day. He/she can then explain to us why diesel exhaust spews from these "ELECTRIC" locomotives. Im not gonna hold my breath though...LMAO

If he/she/it claims that is too too far to travel from their fake location in the city, then he/she/it can see one of these many miracle "ELECTRIC" locomotives that spout diesel fumes right downtown. All /he/she/whoever has to do is go to 400 west Rich St., go into Strongwater Lounge there, sit at the bar, & look out the LARGE window behind the bar. Or if he/she/whoever or anyone else is a recovering alcoholic, then just go to Spaghetti Warehouse a few blocks away. That same rail line runs right next to these buildings, & the train frequently runs along that line. The rail line is so close, you can see & hear it plain as day, read all the wording & numbers on all the rail cars - even at night, you can see all the cars, boxcars, TANKERS, etc. & if you sit there long enough, the locomotive will eventually pass by. It runs quite slow at times, & even comes to a stop at times, switching cars back & forth in and out of marshalling yards in the area.

When that "ELECTRIC" locomotive is sitting there, in plain view, at a FULL STOP, it sounds EXACTLY like a giant DIESEL engine running. I thought "ELECTRIC machinery makes no noise when not running...??? And if so, then why does this "ELECTRIC" locomotive sound & smell like a DIESEL locomotive..???

overunity, we know that, no smart glasses required, but still, Im gonna give the whacko stalker profile the benefit of the doubt here - perhaps he/she/it REALLY THINKS these locomotives are actually total "ELECTRIC", or maybe someone told he/she/it that whopper, & he/she/it believes it. Either way, Im sure he/she couldn't explain why they sound like a DIESEL engine & emit DIESEL exhaust gasses, so I will:

That "ELECTRIC" exhaust spewing out of those "ELECTRIC" locomotives looks & smells exactly like DIESEL exhaust, because each of these "ELECTRIC" locomotives have a huge-a$$ed DIESEL engine that drives an alternator, which produces electricity to run ELECTRIC MOTORS that drive the locomotive's wheels.

They are aptly called DIESEL ELECTRIC locomotives. Its one of the more comon locomotives in the country. People who never set foot in a rail yard, or worked in any unionized industry that is serviced by rail wouldnt know the difference, though. These are the same people who think they are know-it-all Jeopardy champions when they wear their smart glasses, yet cannot even change a windshield wiper on their SUV.

You can identify a DIESEL ELECTRIC from its exhaust note - its a fairly steady rpm exhaust note, much like a home generator. The diesel engine is set at a certain rpm to power the electric alternators that power the electric drive. They are actually surprisingly quiet, when compared to a straight DIESEL locomotive.

A straight traditional DIESEL locomotive has a varying exhaust note, much like your car. You stomp on the gas pedal, the engine surges, & propels the vehicle. The DIESEL locomotive must "bear down" to accelerate.

But lets not let that silly "DIESEL" word get in the way of that cherry-picked"ELECTRIC" word....Good thing that this know-it-all told us that its "ELECTRIC" exhaust smoke & not DIESEL fumes though, so its safe to breathe. LMAO

To be totally clear overunity, there actually are some total "ELECTRIC" locomotives, but they do not haul interstate, let alone haul these untold thousands of crude oil tankers. They are switcher locomotives - not meant for distance duty at all. They are exclusively designed as switching units in yards, etc. Local short-range on-and-off stuff. I have yet to see one in Columbus.

I'm sure they may be a few true ELECTRIC locomotives here & there, switching cars in a marshalling yard of some industry/business in the city. Perhaps I should look harder. Perhaps I will also spot a unicorn. Or perhaps the locomotive version of the Miracle at Cana suddenly happened while I was sleeping, turning all locomotives inside the I-270 loop magically into ELECTRIC locomotives.

In spite of these isolated examples of "ELECTRIC", everywhere else millions & millions of gallons of diesel fuel are burned yearly hauling these crude oil tankers through your neighborhood & my neighborhood, rather than piping it through a dedicated pipeline. We all know how dangerous diesel exhaust is to our health & climate. We know how many millions of gallons of it are burned hauling untold thousands of crude oil tank cars thousands of miles to their destinations. We all know the chances of these crude oil tank cars derailing, spilling, & burning, spewing even more hydrocarbons into the land, water & atmosphere, killing people and wildlife, & we all know that agendists will stupidly repeat agendist parrot-talk, invent feel-good scenarios, and say or do anything all because these crybabies dont want a pipeline.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 295
Posted: 12/13/2014 12:08:31 PM

We all know the chances of these crude oil tank cars derailing, spilling, & burning, spewing even more hydrocarbons into the land, water & atmosphere, killing people and wildlife, & we all know that agendists will stupidly repeat agendist parrot-talk, invent feel-good scenarios, and say or do anything all because these crybabies dont want a pipeline.

Yep and we also know that every single pipeline leaks but do not let that stop you from crying about a train.
 cotter
Msg: 296
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2014 12:21:23 PM

We all know the chances of these crude oil tank cars derailing, spilling, & burning, spewing even more hydrocarbons into the land, water & atmosphere, killing people and wildlife, & we all know that agendists will stupidly repeat agendist parrot-talk, invent feel-good scenarios, and say or do anything all because these crybabies dont want a pipeline.

Yep and we also know that every single pipeline leaks but do not let that stop you from crying about a train.
LMAO ... you can't get Neopoli to stop ... he's getting too much fun playing with his weenie while he posts about the trains ...

We just have to hope that the president will veto any bill they send to him to continue with any kind of pipeline.
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 297
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2014 12:25:27 PM

I'm sure you've noticed there is a poster/posters on here who has multi profiles, one of them that stalks me claims that he/she is from southern Columbus, & one of their other profiles pops up a juuust the right time to pull the thread off-topic when thing go wrong.

^^^...and there they are, just above this post, right on schedule, just like those miracle "ELECTRIC" TRAINS that dont burn any Diesel fuel when they haul oil tanker cars everywhere on schedule!
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 298
Posted: 12/13/2014 12:42:39 PM

And Mr Irish it not at $50 per barrel yet. Much closer to $60.

Really? US crude settled on Friday at $57.81/barrel (not that I mentioned $60/barrel anywhere in my post) and two months ago was trading closer to $100/barrel. For the week crude was down almost $10/barrel. But who's splitting hairs.

I would think that should actually make it more desirable to build the pipeline connector. Costs associated with shipping via Keystone/XL from Tarsands/Bakken to the Gulf Coast should only be about $5 per barrel. The shipping price by rail is about $15 per barrel. Bitumen is a more expensive form of crude to refine anyways, so it would make sense to ship it the cheapest way possible.

Ahemmmm....Keystone requires price support of about $75/barrel to make production and piping business sense.

The light sweet crude market fell slightly during the course of the session on Friday, as we are now clearly below the $60 level. We are heading even lower, and we believe that the $55 level is probably where we go next. After all, it’s the next large, round, psychologically significant number.
http://www.fxempire.com/technical/technical-analysis-reports/crude-oil-forecast-december-15-2014-technical-analysis/

As the price of oil falls due to OPEC and an oil glut on the market-price is further depressed by economic conditions in both Europe and China which are on the verge of another recession. It will be very hard for oil prices to rise as fast as they've fallen.
 overunity
Msg: 299
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2014 12:43:35 PM
Cotter, your ignorance is astounding. But thank you for proving that anything you post is complete garbage. Anything you post now on any thread will wear out my scroll button by passing it over. Any credibility you had here is history.
 cotter
Msg: 300
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2014 1:19:10 PM
^^^^
Message 310 ... I'm merely saying that I live where the poster Neopoli (or whatever name he's now using) is speaking of and I have also been sitting at the railroad crossings Neopoli is talking about and he is lying. The trains are not "... spewing diesel exhaust fumes all the way from the suburbs of Columbus". You can believe it or not. I don't care.

He's purposely trying to over-dramatize the train situation so that posters like you will respond in his favor ... or aren't you smart enough to see that? He's a teabagger who wants the pipeline built and that's his spiel. If you don't see through that, then that's fine.

Anything you post now on any thread will wear out my scroll button by passing it over.
And I should be concerned about that because ........ ?

I must say that up until now I'm not at all impressed with what you have to say because you too come across as a teabagger so if you scroll past my posts and do not comment on them ... that's wonderful.

I just hope the president will veto any pipeline bill. Right now, I would say the majority of the nation is against building a leaky pipeline. Just remember, they will be using low-quality steel from China as well. Why in the world would anyone support that?

If you're going to support the building of such a pipeline, you should at least go on record for wanting nothing but American-made steel and parts!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Decision On Keystone XL Pipeline Delayed