Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Decision On Keystone XL Pipeline Delayed      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 calguy14
Msg: 351
Decision On Keystone XL Pipeline DelayedPage 15 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
Speculators must be drooling at the possibilities.
 tgif111
Msg: 352
WHY would Hussein Obama Veto American Jobs??????
Posted: 2/12/2015 8:38:38 AM
in a recession and with oil prices rising perhaps to $200 a gallon as OPEC has said, the majority of Americans want JOBS and the pipeline will give that to them.

if B.O. vetos the bill then he will cost demon-crats many votes perhaps even in the millions.
it would be great debate fodder for the patriots, tea partiers and Republicans.
 _babblefish
Msg: 353
WHY would Hussein Obama Veto American Jobs??????
Posted: 2/12/2015 10:09:59 AM

in a recession and with oil prices rising perhaps to $200 a gallon as OPEC has said, the majority of Americans want JOBS and the pipeline will give that to them.

if B.O. vetos the bill then he will cost demon-crats many votes perhaps even in the millions.
it would be great debate fodder for the patriots, tea partiers and Republicans

facts and fairy tales

According to the State Department, the Keystone XL will create approximately 2,500 to 4,650 temporary jobs during construction. This data comes directly from TransCanada itself. Additional data, also from TransCanada, states that there will only be “hundreds” of permanent jobs produced, not thousands. [1] Unfortunately, a study done by the State Department in March 2013 found that not even that will be true. The study revealed that it expects the project to create a whopping 35 permanent jobs and 15 temporary jobs upon completion. [12]

The project does not even produce a large number of spin-off jobs (employment created around the construction of the Pipeline such as truck drivers, etc.) although figures as high as 500,000 have been promised. These incorrect and highly inflated numbers are believed to have been extrapolated from a report, also paid for by TransCanada, that stated that the Pipeline would create over 119,000 “person-years” of work. A person-year is the amount of work that would keep a person employed for one year – which does not translate into 119,000 “jobs”.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 354
Decision On Keystone XL Pipeline Delayed
Posted: 2/12/2015 10:11:10 AM

it would be great debate fodder for the patriots, tea partiers and Republicans.

Speaking of crazy people.

Is Benghazi a scadal yet?
 Strings6
Msg: 355
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2015 3:04:43 PM
Some people are against anything that provides jobs and for anything that gives people without jobs money from people who do have jobs....nice strategy with predictable results.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 356
Posted: 2/12/2015 3:27:14 PM

Some people are against anything that provides jobs and for anything that gives people without jobs money from people who do have jobs....nice strategy with predictable results.

Cool story, unfortunate it falls apart due to the fact that countries who take care of their poor people are better off economically and socially.

Though I am sure you could provide examples that proves your point, as to make such a claim without being able to back it up would just make you look like someone who does not have a clue.

So feel free to so just how predictable those results are in the real world.
 Strings6
Msg: 357
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2015 3:59:00 PM
Ok Einstein,where does the money come from to care for those people,or are you so disconnected from reality that you have no clue about how wealth is created and resources are developed and brought to market and think money fairies bring it down the road of good intentions.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 358
Posted: 2/12/2015 4:10:19 PM

Ok Einstein,where does the money come from to care for those people,or are you so disconnected from reality that you have no clue about how wealth is created and resources are developed and brought to market and think money fairies bring it down the road of good intentions.

That money comes from the people who can afford to pay it, by leveling the playing field mostly in regards to tax laws.

Also by having the government running the services and resources and not corporations, those profits go right back into the community.

Also when you understand it is cheaper to provide care and necessities to the people who need it upfront than it is after the fact, you will understand.

It is simple economics and the model has been proven time and time again.

The reason why it is not happening in the USA is mostly due to the fact that the extra money that gets sucks out of the economy is going into the pockets of the people who help to pull all the strings.

That said, still waiting for that example.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 359
Posted: 2/12/2015 4:11:10 PM

Some people are against anything that provides jobs and for anything that gives people without jobs money from people who do have jobs....

I always hear the teapuppets talk about all the Keystone jobs, but I never hear how many jobs they predict will be created.

So, how many jobs will created by bringing tar sands thru one of the largest water sources in the world for the benefit of TransCanada?
 tgif111
Msg: 360
Posted: 2/12/2015 4:12:00 PM
for Liberals, I guess only 1000's of "temporary" jobs lasting 4 or 5 years and only 100's of permanent jobs isn't good enough in a recession that has 12% REAL unemployment.

the pipeline is good for America.

those who veto it or say it is not good are holding America back.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 361
Posted: 2/12/2015 4:13:49 PM

I guess only 1000's of "temporary" jobs lasting 4 or 5 years and only 100's of permanent jobs

Is that your (ahem) educated guess at jobs creation, or are you quoting some other source...like the CBO? Because the CBO has said that Keystone will create 2000 jobs for 2 years and 40 permanent jobs so TransCanada can cheaply ship it's oil to China. And that doesn't sound like a good trade-off.
 Strings6
Msg: 362
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2015 4:30:14 PM
HFX,that is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard....you are truly living in a world of fantasy and i can't imagine you get up and go to a real job in the real world each day....if memory serves me you live off of inherited wealth which would explain your perspective,if i have you confused with someone else it realy doesn't matter becaused you play the role well....continue with your fantasies.

The hard left wants nothing to do with jobs or creating good paying jobs for any length of time,more good paying jobs means less poor desperate people willing to go along with anything and anyone to get a check.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 363
Posted: 2/12/2015 4:34:47 PM

HFX,that is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard....you are truly living in a world of fantasy and i can't imagine you get up and go to a real job in the real world each day....if memory serves me you live off of inherited wealth which would explain your perspective,if i have you confused with someone else it realy doesn't matter becaused you play the role well....continue with your fantasies.

What I find ridiculous is the teapuppets touting Keystone job creation, when they haven't a clue how many jobs will be created....TransCanada has said there will be 2,500 workers for 2 years, and 30% of them will be on the Canada leg
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 364
Posted: 2/12/2015 4:40:45 PM

HFX,that is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard...

If it is the most ridiculous thing you have ever heard, why not try countering it with some facts and logic?

The hard left wants nothing to do with jobs or creating good paying jobs for any length of time,more good paying jobs means less poor desperate people willing to go along with anything and anyone to get a check.

Again, please feel free to back up these statements with some examples of what you are talking about.
 tgif111
Msg: 365
Posted: 2/12/2015 4:48:34 PM
I looked at a liberal rag and a liberal democrat (schumer) and this is what the Washington Post had to say:

The Facts

First, let’s start with the basics. The Keystone XL pipeline is a construction project, and so the most direct jobs are related to construction. These are basically short-term jobs, lasting on average 19.5 weeks, to assemble the pipeline that would help carry heavy crude oil from Canada’s Alberta province to the Gulf Coast. Over two construction seasons, the main beneficiaries of the project would be Montana, South Dakota and Nebraska — each would need to hire between 2,700 and 4,000 construction workers — though Kansas would also hire about 200.

Because of the difficulty in determining whether the project would last one or two years, the State Department decided to express all of the jobs as an annual figure. So those 4,000 construction workers in Montana who work for 19 weeks were turned into nearly 1,500 jobs on annual basis. All told, 10,400 construction workers, engaged for four- or eight-month periods, are expressed in the State Department report as 3,900 jobs — one position that is filled one full year — even though none of the jobs actually last a year.

Schumer thus sticks close to the essence of the report, when he says the pipeline would create “several thousand temporary construction jobs,” though he lards it on a bit by adding “only 35 permanent jobs.” That number is in the report, but how many construction projects result in very many permanent jobs?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/wp/2015/01/06/will-keystone-xl-pipeline-create-42000-new-jobs/

tgif111 says:
it goes on to say how many jobs the republicans say will be created. they said 42,000 but that included existing businesses that would benefit. I thought that was misleading.
so there is also those support jobs that will increase revenue as well. the taverns, restaurants and goods and services.
all in all I say some jobs are better than none.
what's wrong with jobs?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 366
Posted: 2/12/2015 5:12:49 PM
I'll just go by TransCanada's own estimate of 2500 for 2 years with 30% working on the Canada leg. And yes these construction workers will support local business's. But, not to the tune of 40,000 additional jobs.

what's wrong with jobs?

America created 257,000 jobs in January and my guess is that very few of these workers will work for an employer that has the potential to ruin one of the world largest aquifers...but, the Keystone pipeline has that potential...and for what? To employ 2000 workers for 2 years... So, TransCanada can get a larger profit spread on it's oil sands.
 calguy14
Msg: 367
Posted: 2/12/2015 5:51:12 PM
^^Except that those 257,000 are not jobs anybody would brag about is my guess.The jobs associated with pipelines tend to pay very well.The kinds of jobs that enable people to buy nice trucks and such.

Isn't the real problem that conservative white people live in those states?

HFX claiming governments can manage resources better than corps?

Now what was the name of that stoopid liberal hack they got to run Petro Canada into the ground....and lost billions.The guy that flew on the gov jet to Cuba EVERY Ducking weekend?

So you have inherited wealth...this explains your views.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 368
Posted: 2/12/2015 6:09:08 PM

Isn't the real problem that conservative white people live in those states?

No. It's that they post nonsense in the threads.

Except that those 257,000 are not jobs anybody would brag about is my guess

ROFLMAO....I thought everyone with any degree of smatz would see that 2000 temporary jobs versus 257,000 permanent (or temp) jobs, is a matter of scale-not a boast. American business's have added 10.7 million jobs since February 2010. 2000 temporary jobs that benefit a Canadian corporation at potentially the risk of destroying one of the worlds largest aquifer's makes no sense.

The jobs associated with pipelines tend to pay very well.The kinds of jobs that enable people to buy nice trucks and such.

The American construction sector added 38000 jobs last month...now they can afford trucks n such.
 calguy14
Msg: 369
Posted: 2/12/2015 8:15:29 PM
^^^
Too bad its all Mexicans doing crappy work for $10 an hour sending it back home for burritos.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 370
Posted: 2/13/2015 5:24:40 AM

tgif111 says:

So first he comes out as a Obama supporter and now he is talking to himself. I think he is off his meds.
 Walts
Msg: 371
Posted: 2/13/2015 5:48:52 AM

DRILL BABY DRILL AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!

Yeah, that's right. They drill for crude up there in northern Alberta.

The kinds of jobs that enable people to buy nice trucks and such.

I wouldn't think I would define Dodge as a nice truck. Cheap, yep. Nice, no. Don't last long anyways. Usually after a payday weekend, time for a new one.
 momsaysirock
Msg: 372
Posted: 2/13/2015 10:37:35 AM

^^^
Too bad its all Mexicans doing crappy work for $10 an hour sending it back home for burritos.

yeah, there ought to be a law that companies can only hire white "straight" middle-aged folks, right? preferably with documents showing that at least the previous 3 generations have been domiciled in the country
 Strings6
Msg: 373
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2015 3:55:41 AM
HFX your post describes countries such as Cuba and North Korea and those examples speak for themselves and there is nothing I can add,if you are going to suggest that government owned and operated economies are the worlds strongest and best then you need to get out more.....your disregard for the private sector might stem from the fact you have no experience with it other than wanting control of what it produces.....it has been suggested that the jobs provided by the pipe line will have a negative impact on the environment,all jobs have an impact on the environment but most think its the other guys job or business that is the problem and not their own...typical.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 374
Posted: 2/14/2015 4:57:08 AM

HFX your post describes countries such as Cuba and North Korea and those examples speak for themselves...

Nope, it describes countries like, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, New Zealand, etc....

...and there is nothing I can add,if you are going to suggest that government owned and operated economies are the worlds strongest and best then you need to get out more.....

Everyone knows there is nothing you can add, as you can only dodge direct questions so long before you need to run away.

So once again, what ever you do, do not post any information that in any way backs up your claims., you juts keep pretending that it is so.
 Strings6
Msg: 375
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2015 5:46:31 AM
Provide proof that the economy and resources of those countries is completely owned and operated by government....back up your claims for a change,no doubt they are welfare states just like the US...while you're at it what are the defense budgets of those countries since their defense for the most is provided by others and they are small bit part players in the world with GDP's in the low billions.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Decision On Keystone XL Pipeline Delayed