Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MikeWM
Msg: 23
view profile
History
respectPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
On the bright side at least she was honest and upfront

Someone else could have let you waste money taking them out for meals, flattered you, acted really keen then done the "ooh I really love those boots, am saving up for them but it will take ages" kind of nonsense and would have got you to buy them that way

I think some people call it a relationship lol

Basically the same deal, but with that one you got to know what the crack was upfront

Erm

kailania
Msg: 24
respect
Posted: 11/13/2011 4:49:35 PM
so she asked for boots so that you can see her.
I never knew anyone did that.
I am laughing to myself because I just cannot image telling a man that he has to buy me something in order to see me.
I just think it is rediculous and funny.
I wonder how many men buy her stuff. I think that some probably do.
hey Debbie I want boots too.
 carolann0308
Msg: 25
view profile
History
respect
Posted: 11/13/2011 4:51:27 PM
I'll be your friend if you buy me a pony!!!

Forget her.
 MikeWM
Msg: 26
view profile
History
respect
Posted: 11/13/2011 6:25:44 PM

I am laughing to myself because I just cannot image telling a man that he has to buy me something in order to see me

Its more common than you might think

"Ideal first date = Dinner in a nice restaurant"

Same thing really, feed me or I'm not interested. And that can add up to more than the cost of the boots mentioned depending on where somebody goes

So the boots thing isnt THAT bizarre really, had she said she thinks a first date should be a meal, and that the man should pay because its "traditional" nobody would bat an eyelid

But because its boots rather than a meal its somehow completely different?
 astefko
Msg: 27
respect
Posted: 2/24/2012 9:16:54 PM
Its not necessarily that she doesn't respect herself. However, she obviously doesn't respect you or men in general & is being blatantly overt about it.
 NolitaFairytale
Msg: 28
respect
Posted: 2/25/2012 10:16:22 AM
Oh my god, seriously!? ROTFLMAO. She's obviously just trying to get someone to buy her a pair of boots, free of charge to her!! Forget her!!
 bmore_goat
Msg: 31
view profile
History
respect
Posted: 2/26/2012 7:08:59 AM
There was an episode on Rikki Lake were there were single woman wondering why they were single. One woman wanted the man asking her out on a date to buy her the outfit she was going to wear that evening. Takes all kinds.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 32
respect
Posted: 2/26/2012 8:14:46 AM
Part of dating & finding the right one is weeding out the crap. It's a shame there are ppl on this site like that, it makes it harder for those of us who are sincere. Consider it a learning experience & move on. Keep fishing.
 winterfreshness00
Msg: 33
respect
Posted: 2/26/2012 2:06:55 PM
That is so sad that a woman would do that to you. Block her and keep looking Say no to gold diggers
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >