Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MsMicki
Msg: 121
view profile
History
She was looking for LTR, but has a FWB on the side?Page 12 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
nice try......but a failed one yet again....

a friendship is a relationship......whether you are having sex or not.....

1 date with a stranger....not a relationship
sex with a stranger.....not a relationship
sex chat with an internet friend on a regular basis behind your fiance's back......
well let's just call it "the wrong type of relationship" to please the keeper's of the golden puzzies......
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 122
She was looking for LTR, but has a FWB on the side?
Posted: 12/29/2011 2:50:05 PM

(MsMicki) a friendship is a relationship......whether you are having sex or not.....

1 date with a stranger....not a relationship
sex with a stranger.....not a relationship
sex chat with an internet friend on a regular basis behind your fiance's back......
well let's just call it "the wrong type of relationship" to please the keeper's of the golden puzzies......

It's amazing, the lengths some people will go to, to be "right" through definition...

And it's also amazing that "sex with a FWB" is conspicuously absent from her list of relationship definitions, being that is the topic of this thread.
 MsMicki
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2011 8:04:58 PM

And it's also amazing that "sex with a FWB" is conspicuously absent from her list of relationship definitions, being that is the topic of this thread.

what is really amazing is that your reading comprehension skills seem to be clouded by your personal opinions.
Try reading the very first line of my post again and then get back to us on why you failed to comprehend how "A friendship is a relationship....whether you are having sex or not...."
does not include FWB.....

Shall I make it simpler for you.....

friendship with sex.....is a FWB(this would be the "whether you are having sex" part)
friendship with no sex.....is just a friendship (this would be the "or not" part)

Thanks for playing.....do not pass go and do not collect $200
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 125
Posted: 12/29/2011 9:13:29 PM

Try reading the very first line of my post again and then get back to us on why you failed to comprehend how "A friendship is a relationship....whether you are having sex or not...."
does not include FWB.....

A FWB is a sexual relationship of convenience---usually the convenience of only one party. You can call it a "friendship", if you'd like.

I prefer to call it Fcuking With Benefits.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 127
Posted: 1/13/2012 6:01:06 PM
I don't understand it, but many are in those...not relationships, whatever you call them. I wouldn't get involved w/anyone who has a FWB, I don't agree w/the morality of it, why is it so hard to be celibate while in between relationships? I'm not that desperate to be degraded & used for sex. It's convenient, the guy gets a free piece of azz to f*ck, without spending any money on a date..but that's another thread.
OP, Is she going to continue to have sex w/him while she is dating you? Is she going to continue to have sex w/him up to the time you 2 become sexual? What about if you have an argument & don't talk for a few days, or you're out of town for a few weeks, even of she said she's going to end it, he's always a phone call away. Is her FWB going to turn down a free piece of azz from her? I hope you find the meaningful long lasting relationship you're looking for, keep fishing, there are many of us on here looking for the same. Good luck, & don't give up!
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 128
Posted: 3/29/2012 6:45:15 AM
I hate to sound stupid...but what is a FWB??

Friend With Benefits. Basically, it's NOT a "Booty Call" or "F*ck Buddy", but it's someone who you are actual/real friends who you'll hang out with in a social circle or maybe 1-on-1 here and there, BUT you also have sexual relations with. Communication is key in being on the same page, whether one gets a little weary of it over time, meets someone, or has strong feelings and wants more. If lack of communication, the friendship is in jeopardy. Booty Calls on the other hand, are people who are merely folks in your phone book who you call up when "in the mood" to boink -- mere sexual outlets. Totally different.

Friends With Benefits basically has three different categories, IMO (In My Opinion):
(1) Geo-Distance Friends: The safest, easiest form of FWB. They live too far away for a relationship to occur, and most people fully understand that LD relationships can't work. BUT there is sexual attraction. When one of them comes back in town to visit, and both are single, they'll hook up. Emotionally safe because it's easy to not expect anything more than friends via Inet and occasional conjucal visits.

(2) Light Friends: Someone you don't hang with one-on-one, except for sexual relations, because you don't know them that well, and you weren't relatively close friends to begin with. Of course the sex is going to bring you closer after a little time. But your friendship particularly close at all. You're friends among friends or weren't friends beforehand and didn't really start bonding too much after first hooking up, and a breakage of a friendship wouldn't be the worst in the world, but would cause issue in any social circle if that applies. This situation is probably the most common.

(3) Close Friends: You've been one-on-one friends, and not just within a social circle. Once you start adding the benefits, basically this emulates much the same as a casual, open relationship people may have. This is definitely where feelings are most involved, because you've known them one-on-one, so it's LIKE a relationship. Communication is a huge must here, because the friendship means more, and the feelings are more likely higher.

In the end, it's all about communication. You're not going to get what you want/desire most likely in the end if you really like them, but at the same time, if they are a true, understanding person & friend, they'll make sure everything's cool in the end and not play games with ya.
 Krissie59
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2012 5:29:01 PM
Let's face it. How many women or men do you know that cast their marraiges on the side in the hopes that they MAY meet someone new? No, in reality the divorce happened because there is someone waiting in the wings that they have already been involved with. Same with FWB. But this woman is more honest than most. Now that you know that about her, if you can't accept it, move on.
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 130
Posted: 3/29/2012 5:58:02 PM
So she has to stop her life just for you? and your not her boyfriend, A chat or a date from someone doesnt mean you are exclusive. Get over it, if you like her show her your the one, if not dont worry about what she does.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >