Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DeborahC56
Msg: 49
view profile
History
A very elaborate scam????Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I think he got scammed and was too ashamed to let us know what happened.
 Shearsx2
Msg: 50
view profile
History
A very elaborate scam????
Posted: 11/27/2011 9:24:56 AM
I have had the same experience with guys out of state, they live one place in states but happen to be out of country for a job. Phone usually not working, gets romantic fast, wants to come by on way back to the states, and one actually wanted me to send him money and said if i did'nt i could go to jail, and he was a spy lol. My advice to you is end it now and do not talk to people out of state, my experience has been the same with all out of state, most are scammers so please end all contact before you get scammed. All we're also widowed, 1 child and they all had the same sad story. RUNNNNNNNNNNNN
 Shearsx2
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2011 9:26:28 AM
RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
 TuffGuy666
Msg: 52
Posted: 11/27/2011 9:51:06 AM
Scam? Yes. Elaborate? No. Just par for the Internet course.

If someone wants to "get romantic" before you've even met, it's either a scam, or a very desperate and/or mentally disturbed woman. This case sounds like scam. In either case, you want to grab your wallet and run like hell the other way.

I predict that very soon this woman is going to ask for money.

Didn't your momma ever tell you that if something seems too good to be true, it is?

Like P.T. Barnum said, there's a sucker born every minute.

Just for fun, if she wants your address, give her an address to your local FBI office.

"If she needs to come up here from Houston I will fly down and pick her up in my corporate jet."

Someone with a jet needs to find women online with Nigerian sounding names that barely speak English? Uh huh.

Troll
 Pingshooter
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2011 4:45:14 PM
What's amazing..they continue to ply their trade, even with all of the advertising, warnings, because they know..somewhere, someone is gullible enough to get hooked into the scam.
 gingerchick30
Msg: 54
Posted: 11/27/2011 8:09:23 PM
I'm curious how this all played out too!!! Hope the OP is ok?? Was he taken away by the Nigerians?? Don't keep us in suspense OP!!
 J2453
Msg: 55
Posted: 11/29/2011 3:27:43 PM
I was scammed on another dating site. Only lost a bit of pride thankfully. Surprising how many scammers are on these sites. They seem to all have similiar scenarios: widowed, lost a kid or has a young one, want to make you theirs and build a wonderful loving relationship. Then wham.....they ask for $$$$$. Beware people, it's not neccessarily the good guy or gal at the other end:(
 snowgoddess
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2011 6:07:49 PM
you're being played!
if you want attention, meet her at public place with no cash or cc on hand, park far and walk to the place! I personally knew a guy, desperate, all he wanted was some TLC - he got more than what he bargained for. She played him big, he brought her home, she kissed him, they snuggled, she robbed him and his house (must have been with a team).

Be weary, be very very weary!

im just saying - you're better off going to the local watering hole and buying a group of ladies a round, with no motive. if one of them comeover and say thanks, go from there!
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2011 8:29:14 PM
I wouldn't take chances as scammers often work in groups.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >