Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _shakti_
Msg: 236
Serial textersPage 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
You too IG

And when you think about it, aren't all us regulars here 'serial texters'? lol.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Serial texters
Posted: 8/24/2015 3:23:28 PM
If a women only wanted to text I would ignore her. End of story. Never met a women, or someone possibly claiming to be one, who insisted on a lack of real time conversation exclusively. I would end communication 100%, which means no meeting was going to happen.

If they got upset/mad/whiny at me, which happened a few times, I would reply in text:
"boys text,
real men talk
sorry"

Almost every time, from what I remembered, they came around positively. If they didn't, I can't really remember because they weren't integrated into my thoughts that strongly since I never heard their echo! :)
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 238
Serial texters
Posted: 8/25/2015 8:57:43 PM

_shakti_ :
And when you think about it, aren't all us regulars here 'serial texters'? lol.

No, we aren't.

adventurejoe70 :
If a woman only wanted to text I would ignore her. End of story.

Me too.
 _shakti_
Msg: 239
Serial texters
Posted: 8/26/2015 5:46:41 PM
Many people serially 'text' here in the forums...........................
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Serial texters
Posted: 8/26/2015 6:02:21 PM
^^^Maybe true, but I am not meeting forum mates for the possibility of romantic rendezvous. Lol
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 241
Serial texters
Posted: 8/27/2015 8:28:26 AM

I am not meeting forum mates

Cereal name...Forum Mates!

Lots of sugar coated abbreviated forumite usernames.

What type of prize would we find at the bottom of our box of Forum Mate cereal?
 spot4username
Msg: 242
Serial texters
Posted: 8/27/2015 8:57:21 AM

What type of prize would we find at the bottom of our box of Forum Mate cereal?

Dental floss of course.
 cooldog65
Msg: 243
view profile
History
Serial texters
Posted: 8/27/2015 9:23:56 AM
After about 3 texts, my patience is gone. Call me.
 NikonGuy007
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Serial texters
Posted: 9/20/2015 5:58:39 PM
Oh how I miss the days before cell phones became ubiquitous.

As someone else mentioned, 10 times outta' 9, I can never hear the person clearly. Almost always sound like a muffled, staticky voice on the other end...................who is halfway around the world.

Not to mention, very often the person doesn't seem to be fully snapped into the conversation, as people are doing 34 other things while having a conversation.

Back in the day, at most, people might be watching TV while talking on the phone (and that was bad enough), but now, having to listen to them go through the grocery checkout line, do their taxes, and help lil Susie with her homework is too much.
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 245
Serial texters
Posted: 9/21/2015 1:34:32 PM
I don't really care either way. Different forms of communication have different advantages and disadvantages. I'm equally comfortable with whatever someone else is comfortable with. I've gotten a lot of mileage from texting and really, what matters is what is most effective at any given time. I'm not really sure why anyone really cares how a conversation takes place as long as the conversation takes place. I get the most out of using the format another person is most comfortable with. It's that person's limitation, not mine.

-----------
Not to mention, very often the person doesn't seem to be fully snapped into the conversation, as people are doing 34 other things while having a conversation.
------------
That might be considered a plus.
 baconflavoredbacon
Msg: 246
Serial texters
Posted: 9/22/2015 2:41:28 AM
I agree, Mr. Nikon guy.

when I wanna get to know somebody, I make time in my schedule so my focus is on him, because I care. The plus is if he likes bacon and shows me the same consideration in his communication with me, I'll make sure to make that time to communicate with him, even if it's to tell him I am at the market and I'll return his call when I am not distracted. Respect.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 247
Serial texters
Posted: 9/22/2015 10:09:45 PM

I agree, Mr. Nikon guy.

when I wanna get to know somebody, I make time in my schedule so my focus is on him, because I care. The plus is if he likes bacon and shows me the same consideration in his communication with me, I'll make sure to make that time to communicate with him, even if it's to tell him I am at the market and I'll return his call when I am not distracted. Respect.

hear hear...

text a sentence or two in the middle of the day to say hi is one thing... but an entire back and forth 20 text conversation at 11:30 at night? Seriously?

Besides the fact voices are hot; my eyes are seeing double trying to read teeny tiny screens and text so often butchers people's intent, it is so much slower and clunkier at night.

During the day I might text while doing another 10 things; but at night when things are calmed down and I'm laying in bed in the dark with my eyes closed; it is a LOT easier voice talking where there are no distractions, no going blind; no misunderstandings (usually LOL) and a whole lot easier and warmer interactions.

Text during the day is inconvenient.

Text only at night? I will nto stick around for long. If that's someone's ONLY method of communication? we're not a match
 jrb1979
Msg: 248
view profile
History
Serial texters
Posted: 9/23/2015 8:37:29 AM
I am not one to constantly text a girl but I do text a few times a day but its mostly cause of the hours I work. I work steady afternoons so its hard to have time to call somebody. Most people work during the day so I can't really call them during the day and I don't get home till midnight usually which is kind of late to call somebody. Ever since I was a kid I have never liked talking on the phone. I would text or talk in person as I am more comfortable with it.
 south_city
Msg: 249
Serial texters
Posted: 9/23/2015 8:45:14 PM
I don't mind short phone conversations to go along with texting. But I'm not a fan of having constant long phone conversations with someone. Texting can be more convenient at times. I can text while I'm at the gym, eating dinner at my home, watching TV etc.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >