Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kasp21224
Msg: 138
Serial textersPage 6 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
well what would you like to talk to them on the phone about? philosophy, religion, art history, electoral politics? Isn't most communication before before a first date limited to the logistics of the date? It seems like the medium for setting the date shouldn't really matter.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 141
Serial texters
Posted: 1/19/2012 8:36:50 PM
I hate to tell you this Cinsav but at the age of 39 you are closer in age and appearance to my generation than you are to the now generation. Nice baseball hat collection on the wall ( I think I gave that up when I was 22 ), skinny 80's tie, Telly Savalas haircut ( you need a sucker ) with your shirt tucket in - if I didn`t know better I`d say you look just like a 20 something!

As far as driving slow I drive slow enough to not get any more tickets and fast enough to not get run over - on the highway to hell ( Ft. Mac ) that was typically at 140 to 160k at the end of a 1200 km drive in one day. As far as sunglasses over prescription glasses yes I wear contacts. As far as handicaps go yes I suck at golf. If you think I'm old come skiing or windsurfing with me and try to keep up that should be good for some entertainment even though I am much slower than I was at your age.

Oh by this way this was just me being nice back to you I am sure you can take it just as well as you can dish it out.
 lilness
Msg: 142
Serial texters
Posted: 1/22/2012 10:42:22 AM
Oh my I feel the same, I belive that men that dont know how to truly talk oo a woman prefer texting and texting should be mainly for the younger girls to do that have time for it. I know I sure dont.
 cinsav
Msg: 143
Serial texters
Posted: 1/26/2012 7:18:35 PM

Oh my I feel the same, I belive that men that dont know how to truly talk oo a woman prefer texting and texting should be mainly for the younger girls to do that have time for it. I know I sure dont.

Stop dating bad boys who are changing oil at Jiffy Lube and find a man with an actual career and then... oh never mind... I can see that big words bore you anyway ;)
 JackHandy75
Msg: 145
Serial texters
Posted: 1/28/2012 10:53:46 PM
sign of the times...
 Fleuron
Msg: 146
Serial texters
Posted: 1/29/2012 8:35:33 AM
When did five year olds start raising children? Someone’s got some heavy duty denial goin on.

I guess we can all blame the generation preceding ours for fukking things up for “us”…
 cinsav
Msg: 147
Serial texters
Posted: 1/29/2012 7:13:24 PM

The way I see it is: Some folk prefer to text, some to chat. We're all different, so if you do have a preference, either tolerate it, or politely make it clear.

I prefer talking... but that's not always possible. Texting is the next best thing. And, I might add, that texting is a great way to "verify" something without getting drawn into a 20 minute conversation about something you couldn't care less about.

"Hey we still on for this Friday?"
"Yes, I can't wait!"
"Me either... call you later when I get a break..."

Done... simple as that. And, I didn't have to spend 20 minutes listening to a story about something I have zero interest in.
 cooldog65
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Serial texters
Posted: 1/29/2012 7:26:35 PM
^^^^^ I agree completely. I prefer talking, too, but text messaging (not text conversation) has its place. Moderation is the key.
 MicheleK22
Msg: 149
Serial texters
Posted: 1/30/2012 10:38:24 AM
honestly i am deff more of a texter then a talk on the phone girl but i will talk i answer if people call me but to me this would be a big sign to maybe they have other girls and or a gf
 Capn_America
Msg: 150
Serial texters
Posted: 1/30/2012 10:41:08 AM

honestly i am deff more of a texter then a talk on the phone girl but i will talk i answer if people call me but to me this would be a big sign to maybe they have other girls and or a gf

A serial texter is easy to spot; their spelling is usually HORRIBLE.......
 MicheleK22
Msg: 151
Serial texters
Posted: 1/30/2012 10:43:21 AM
bad typing doesn't actually mean anything. I actually openly said I text more, not everyone has unlimited mins to talk all day. I do answer my phone when people call me but texting is easier esp with someone who has a very busy schedule.
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 152
Serial texters
Posted: 1/30/2012 1:16:23 PM

LMAO!
 Fleuron
Msg: 153
Serial texters
Posted: 1/30/2012 1:31:43 PM

She abbreviated “definitely” and “girlfriend,” didn’t punctuate, or capitalize “I”.

Nothing was spelled incorrectly.
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 154
Serial texters
Posted: 1/30/2012 1:51:32 PM

She abbreviated “definitely”
Nothing was spelled incorrectly.

Definitely has one f
 mrcs84
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Serial texters
Posted: 1/30/2012 3:36:27 PM

bad typing doesn't actually mean anything.

Perhaps it doesn't mean anything to you. To many of us, it means that you're either too lazy or too incompetent to take the extra minute or two to have a properly punctuated paragraph. That can mean a lot when putting together a profile.
 Fleuron
Msg: 156
Serial texters
Posted: 1/30/2012 3:56:16 PM

Definitely has one f

Yeah but that’s a different kind of Def, isn’t it?

Well anyhoo I posted my good-deed post for the day.
 Capn_America
Msg: 157
Serial texters
Posted: 1/31/2012 6:22:08 AM

bad typing doesn't actually mean anything. I actually openly said I text more, not everyone has unlimited mins to talk all day. I do answer my phone when people call me but texting is easier esp with someone who has a very busy schedule.

LOL Like...YEAH! Look at your phone. The lil buttons are smaller than...um, something very small lol. Who WOULD want to spend 5 minutes typing "Hi honey, I'm on my way home, I'm going to buy groceries on the way, did you want anything?". They just type "Home, sprmrkt in 5, wnt smtin?". I dunno about you, but I met a Korean guy who didn't speak english who KINDA sounded like that when he was drunk....
Anyways, my point is, you abbreviate and shorten stuff all day long, which is understandable; you dont want to spend 20 mins typing on a phone (or for some, a keyboard either). But then, it affects the quality of your written language outside of it, when your typing a letter, or a post on POF. And it makes you want to shorten and use the same abbreviations, so my Korean guy and you can chat. Which makes the rest of us go like "Huh? Don't these kids go to school anymore?".

So, I stand by my point; serial texters usually can't spell to save their lives
 oldsoulbigheart
Msg: 158
Serial texters
Posted: 2/1/2012 8:39:20 PM
I know some like to text to talk to get to know each other a little faster. Myself, I will do a little but really rather have a phone conversation and then see if a meet is Ok.
Some are addicted to texting and it is scary to see how bad it gets. Myself, my phone is put away when meeting a person or on a date. Yes you can check it once in a while but come on ... does your best friends (all 100 of them) really need to know what your up to every second? Also, your children should understand YOU are out to be away from them. Not an excuse to have to be texting again.
If someone won't commit to something other than a text like claiming they don't get minutes on a cell phone and can't seem to find a land line (how old school huh), then sorry, that's time for me to go. Today we have way too many ways to reach each other and so many more excuses as to why we can't.
Wishing all of you good luck.
 unikgirl38
Msg: 160
Serial texters
Posted: 2/4/2012 10:34:44 AM
Red flags
Interested in casual relationships only for sex
Married or in a relationship
Men don t waist their time in women they re not interested to know on a emotional level
Men know how not to mix the two sex and emotions. Texting is very inpersonal/
That s my take on that
 unikgirl38
Msg: 161
Serial texters
Posted: 2/4/2012 10:36:39 AM
Great topic by the way!
 flgirl7007
Msg: 162
Serial texters
Posted: 2/4/2012 5:44:43 PM
I personally think texting is a poor excuse for REAL conversation. It's okay for quick messages, but if you are dating, that should not be the only conversation you have.
 corri1624
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Serial texters
Posted: 2/8/2012 8:29:03 AM
Or it could just be that they have children in the house with them that are quite nosy....I have two "almost" teenagers that will literally put a glass to the wall to find out who I'm talking to and what I'm saying! Texting allows me to be more open with the guy I'm chatting with and not censor every word that comes out of my mouth.

I think the thing to remember is that everyone has different reasons for doing the things they do and you need to have an open mind when trying to find out what those reasons are.
 Pinayto
Msg: 164
Serial texters
Posted: 2/8/2012 9:16:32 AM
I actually regret my country got bitten by texting addiction waaaaay before USA and before i came here. i got over texting even before i came over here. i can totally understand how it can be addicting though like how chatting or video chatting was addicting.... i swear i could have gotten more dates if i too am still addicted to texting but alas i am sooo over that phase.

What amuses me are these over 30 guys who are still addicted to texting. really now... It ain't cute.
 softy599
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Serial texters
Posted: 2/9/2012 12:47:10 PM
I really don't get the texting thing. For short, to the point stuff, it's great. I am in the middle of a texting relationship with one man, and about to tell him to call or take a hike. I gave him my number when we might potentially meet and told him to call but he in return said he would text and never suggested a call at all. We are planning to meet this weekend and if it happens, I will have to tell him, I do not like to text all day long. It's so annoying!
 PureSentiment
Msg: 166
Serial texters
Posted: 2/9/2012 3:58:44 PM
Um... everything is in writing!!!!!!!!

recorded ... and verifiable!

I've sat around tables with male and females in a group and read word for word what the textee was talking about was said.

Proof!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >