Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 flgirl7007
Msg: 167
Serial textersPage 7 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Texting is a POOR excuse for talking on the telephone. I don't think that ANY guy who texts you is even interested!!!!!!!!
 Mr_Unicorn
Msg: 168
Serial texters
Posted: 2/13/2012 7:24:01 PM
oh joy, I just discovered the PoF forums... and this subject.

Texters... it is totally rampant. I met a girl online once who never answered the phone. We never met. She sent texts... then sent pictures... then sent dirty pictures... then she broke up with me.

Was a thrilling text ride haha.
 MaybeAsk
Msg: 169
Serial texters
Posted: 2/16/2012 12:58:23 AM
I dated 5 Aquarius women concurrently who all texted.

I like to tell women that I'm not their entertainment sidebar. I'm the deal. When out with friends, have fun but don't text me while hanging with friends.

Guys, we guys, need info. Pertinent info. We qualify. We also juggle the opposite sex. I have a habit of saving dialogue and I'm quick to throw words back at someone when I bust them being deceitful. I just **** with them. Getting women to call or text is fairly easy.

I had an arrangement with a woman where I'd text her during the day and she'd text and respond to me at night when I was sleeping. Therefore, her words were actually more meaningful. Otherwise we'd get into witty banter and I'd get her to reveal things. Which was juvenile of me but that's the allure of text. We admit things. It works both ways.

Phone calls aren't even that great and it really comes down to face to face contact. And romance.
 buttonnosedgirlnyc
Msg: 170
Serial texters
Posted: 2/19/2012 11:26:07 AM
OMG this just happened to me. I met a guy online, like an idiot gave him my number, and instead of calling he texts. He did call me once and I thought the conversation went quite well, but obviously I was mistaken because all subsequent means of contact were done by text. Now I can understand if it was a boring conversation or I was the type who'd talk the poor guy's ear off, but I'm not. For an entire week, numerous times a day, he texts me instead. When I call him and manage to get him on the phone, I tell him that I understand he's probably busy with work, but I like his voice, and maybe he should try giving me a call again when he's free rather than texting me all the time. So guess what? He texts me instead. In fact, he texted me again a few days ago, and I have chosen not to respond. Why? Because it's apparent that he's going to do what he wants to do regardless.
I think the whole damn thing is juvenile. It's ass, to put it bluntly. Call me old fashioned, but if you don't have time to make a five minute phone call, you don't have time to date anyone, let alone pursue an actual relationship with them. It really says: "I don't think I like you enough to make you a priority." It says, I'm too self absorbed to honor you with a trivial phone call. It also says I'm hooked up, and I'm cheating on my girlfriend, boyfriend wife, husband, dog, cat--so that's why I can never call you and I'm never around to receive your call. It's also invasive, because you're assuming I have enough data to accommodate you anytime you come down with a brain fart and want to jot it out in 160 characters or less. You can't get to know a person by text. It really has it's place, and it's a pretty causal one. That's why it's meant to be done in brief: ie: "I'm running late", "I'm thinking of you", "I'll call you later. " Other than that, just pick up them damn phone. What are you afraid of?
 Discordiaa
Msg: 171
Serial texters
Posted: 2/19/2012 5:54:31 PM
I love texting. It allows me to drop a line to someone completely random, if I see something silly or immediate that I want to share. If someone has just crossed my mind I can just drop them a message to let them know immediately that I'm thinking of them.

Setting things up via text is easy, love phone calls too, but - this just makes it immediate and easy.
 cooldog65
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Serial texters
Posted: 2/19/2012 7:26:39 PM
@ buttonnosedgirlnyc: I agree with absolutely everything you said in your post. I can completely relate to what you're saying.
 Johnatfl1
Msg: 173
Serial texters
Posted: 2/20/2012 6:54:44 PM
Its the same with woman all they want to do is text . I want to meet someone face to face you cant get to know anyone with texting but i guess fake people can hide behind a text. Im getting to old for this i think.
 johncarlon
Msg: 174
Serial texters
Posted: 2/21/2012 8:24:40 PM
I have met a couple ladies that way as well. I don't get it. For one thing it is easier to talk. Well in fact, that is the main thing. And my phone doesn't have a spell check ...hahaha I don't need spellcheck to talk and my fingers are to big for the keyboard anyway...no...serial texting is a sure red flag they will text you from the living room to ask if you want to meet for something in the bedroom.
 NinerFan24
Msg: 175
Serial texters
Posted: 2/22/2012 3:16:09 PM
i have that same issue..if i see they are only texters..i stop texting back...it is annoy..they don't call because they are married, living with girlfriend..or just don't want to put any effort into getting to know someone..
 DRFK
Msg: 176
Serial texters
Posted: 2/22/2012 6:21:31 PM
Captain crunch to Fruit Loops are you there???

Capn_America
Msg: 178
Serial texters
Posted: 2/23/2012 8:48:17 AM

Guess the boyfriend/husband caught on or she just wasn't that in to me. :(

Nope. Jitters. Happens all the time with ladies. Hell, I got to set up about 15 dates in the last three years, none of them came true. Most of them are scared were rapists in disguise. Now I only message girls that are real biatches, figuring; if she can talk like that to me IN MY FACE, surely at LEAST I'll be able to meet her lol. I wont be able to say my POF life will have been a TOTAL loss lol
 JrsyVibe
Msg: 179
Serial texters
Posted: 2/24/2012 1:58:04 PM
I believe that men who rely on texting for getting acquainted are possibly hiding something. Although this is 'pure' specualtion, it also leaves a Very bad impression and shows lack of confidence and true interest in the person.
 cooldog65
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Serial texters
Posted: 2/24/2012 5:07:21 PM
^^^^^
Applies to both genders. Easier to be covert with texting. Hard to eavesdrop when you can't hear texting.
 Nominal3201
Msg: 182
Serial texters
Posted: 3/3/2012 2:53:01 PM
I agree with you completely, I dated a guy who did nothing BUT text me.

He texted nonstop instead of calling when we met (that should've been my red flag right there)

He kept texting throughout our relationship - including when I was at work (he sent me dirty pics while I was in meetings - real classy).

He never picked up the phone, and when he did he was usually shuffling things around in the background or on the computer instead of talking to me.

And when he broke up with me - big surprise - he did it via text.

My advice to everyone: if you get involved with someone like this, get out. Quick
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Serial texters
Posted: 3/3/2012 3:44:00 PM
This is why I don't give out my number. No one listens to me and texts me. I think it's rude to text someone when the number was given out specifically for phone calls. Since I use e-mail, I don't have a text plan. So when people forget or don't listen and text I have no idea they did and they have no idea it didn't go through.

Imagine you give someone your address so they can send you an invitation for instance, and they show up at your door instead. Same thing to me.
 mcgrawfan74
Msg: 184
Serial texters
Posted: 3/4/2012 8:38:36 PM
I'm the same way...but there should b a time when they need to man up and call. Textin is an easy way to hide the double life. I have no time for that
 jlyn_1978
Msg: 185
Serial texters
Posted: 3/9/2012 5:27:34 PM
I personally prefer txting, as I have 2 kids & its easier to txt when I have them rather then having them in the back round yelling & being goofy balls & making it hard to hear the other person, I have no issues with talking on the phone once their in bed where its quiet & we can get to know each other.....

if they made an excuse 2x's it sounds as though maybe they have something they are hiding something....... maybe a gf????? just sayin, i've had in the past a gf call me & tell me that Her man was talking to me & found my # in his phone!!! crazzzzzy!! but thats seem's to be what I attracted sometimes LOL
 BlondEnchantress
Msg: 186
Serial texters
Posted: 3/24/2012 4:52:22 AM
I like to talk on the phone but texting has become my norm. I myself don't have much time during the day as I am working or am with my kids. My time is limited until I get my kids to bed then I can speak on the phone. It only takes a few seconds to shoot off a text in the middle of my multitasking. Texting allows me to have somewhat of a conversation until I am free but it also allows me to get to know the guys and weed them out prior.
 Green_Jello44
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Serial texters
Posted: 3/27/2012 2:03:36 PM
I'm dating a girl right now, and the text is amazing!
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 188
Serial texters
Posted: 3/27/2012 4:13:48 PM
I know exactly what you mean, I talked to guys that were serial texters. Told me they were really busy and to be patient when it came to actually going on a real date, yet texted me a lot. Got mad when I told them I was dating other guys. Saying that I am looking for commitment way to soon. Nope, just being realistic and looking for someone that I can actually see and hear.
 Conquistidor
Msg: 189
Serial texters
Posted: 3/28/2012 4:08:44 AM
Texting is convienient. Some people are busy, and do not have the energy for a conversation. But I guess you've never thought of that eh ?
 Conquistidor
Msg: 190
Serial texters
Posted: 3/28/2012 4:12:51 AM
Its called confidence and psychology. Maybe people should try and get some of both..
 Conquistidor
Msg: 191
Serial texters
Posted: 3/28/2012 4:14:09 AM
talking on the phone all the time gets boring........ got to mix it up..... Keeps the man interested. Ladies taking notes?
 moutainbreeze
Msg: 192
Serial texters
Posted: 3/29/2012 7:41:37 PM
Sounds like the typical married man or "in a relationship" who feels more important when he can be secretly chatting with another woman. It is a weird fantasy thing. I've kicked such men to the curb. I even had one try to convince me that since he was a pilot (NOT a commercial pilot by the way) that he could "only text me" and "had no time to talk on the phone." My response was "then golly, you sound like you have no time for a relationship either you busy fellow!!" LOL! Suddenly he was stumbling over himself trying to convince me to keep talking to him... can we say BLOCKED boyz and gurlz? Yes, I thought we could!
 TheBard101
Msg: 193
Serial texters
Posted: 3/29/2012 8:33:12 PM
Had a relationship like that. Saw her only once every couple of weeks. Wouldn't talk on the phone even when she was just home chilling. But she could text for hours and hours.

Texting is a great form of communication for short messages and quick thoughts. But once it becomes the whole relationship I'm done. It is too easy to get stuck on the texting and never talk to/see the person. If you have hours to text, you have hours to talk. If you have hours to talk, you have hours to see someone. Time is there if you just make room around it.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >