Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 excessivemayhem
Msg: 194
Serial textersPage 8 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
personally, since i'm deaf, texting makes sense to me. however, it gets boring if i never get to meet the woman in question.

i much prefer face to face conversations rather than texting endlessly, since something gets lost in texting that doesn't when you're talking in person. too much can go misunderstood or something to that effect
 Ccgmacc75
Msg: 195
Serial texters
Posted: 4/20/2012 2:45:30 PM
I agree. I work an 11 hour shift where typically I'm on the fone all day, and I really dont want to hear even my own voice . ut I dont mind a face to face conversation but if thats not possible, texting and IM is the way to go for me.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Serial texters
Posted: 4/20/2012 11:34:35 PM
I don't much care for texting, it shocks people because I am addicted to my android I spend more time on it browsing the net then texting, or lately posting to this silly forum :P With friends and dating I prefer the good old fashioned method (Like pre phone even) hang out and talk in person. I have this fascination with watching body language, so hanging out gives me time for my other hobby, people watching :P
 Jen510
Msg: 197
Serial texters
Posted: 4/30/2012 9:40:18 AM
This is a MAJOR peeve of mine! I'm 35 and I thought this was something that under 30 year olds did. It really annoys me that our society has come to this. I want REAL conversation. I also refuse to meet any guy I have not had a voice conversation with.
 kcomfort0001
Msg: 198
Serial texters
Posted: 5/1/2012 10:23:35 PM
I know I can't speak for everyone else, but for me texting is just easier and I can pay better attention and fully understand what someone is saying... I might be at work where i can text easier than call or watching a show just being me.. I used to hate texting but for whatever reason once I started it I actually prefer it.
 packerfanman
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Serial texters
Posted: 5/2/2012 2:22:58 PM
In most cases, serial texters are either already involved, serious or married type relationships and are the ones who are always "keeping their options open". Those types are typically never happy with what they got, and usually end up being a single 40 something still looking or attempting to upgrade.

Drop them after no physical or voice contact in 2 weeks. Move on.
 remaining_optimistic
Msg: 200
Serial texters
Posted: 5/2/2012 4:15:08 PM
I have very poor cell service at my home making and recieving calls is next to impossable but texts are fine. I do have a land line but until I really get to know someone that number does not get given out. All i need is for someone to be calling at all hours. Weekdays the cell gets turned to silent and put on the charger in the kitchen when I go to bed Friday/Saturday nights depending on my mood I might leave it on. My day starts at 5am and doesnt noramlly end till 7-8pm mon-fri so i really dont like to be disturbed when im sleeping.

I cant be on the phone all day at work but texting is fine its quick. I can and do and will make short calls during work if im involved with someone.

At first i really hated texting but the more i do it the more i like it. The one thing i still hate about texting is it makes it very hard to read people when having a conversation you can tell someones mood a lot eaiser by the tone of their voice or pauses in conversation even breathing.

If tis something quick ill text but if i want to have an indepth conversation with someone i much perfer and will call.
 CuriousFantasyWriter
Msg: 201
Serial texters
Posted: 5/4/2012 10:44:08 AM
I'm a single parent and the gentleman I am interested in is too. For me, texting seems perfectly natural with him and it certainly never occurred to me that he'd have "something to hide." When our conversations have become rather deep, it is definitely easier to keep the kids from hearing them. He's called me on the phone before too, we just text more than talk right now. And he's also one of the most open men I have ever met. Communication is important and healthy regardless of the medium in my opinion. A couple simply needs to find what works for them and feels natural.
 PinkNeonSocks78
Msg: 202
Serial texters
Posted: 5/4/2012 2:50:03 PM
One of things I think people are forgetting is that texting is a means of communication. At least they're communicating with you whether it be via text, phone calls, emails... the like.

At least they're talking to you a lot and are interested in talking to you a lot. Why complain about that? I don't get it.
 1womanman33
Msg: 203
Serial texters
Posted: 5/4/2012 10:31:22 PM
Some people are just better communicators via words. It happens. It's kinda like how bigger women use the evasive angles in the pictures and you never see a body shot...you know, people play to their strengths. What's so hard to understand about that? If it matters enough, how about addressing it to the people with the issue instead of asking a leading question that's sure to get responses that validate your biased theory in the first place?
 PaminSD
Msg: 204
Serial texters
Posted: 5/5/2012 6:53:55 AM
I have a serial texter right now. His excuse is that he is to shy to talk on the phone. I have asked him to call and he still doesnt, expressing my opinion on why I would like to actually be able to "talk and hear his voice." To no avail. Still texting and I really have no desire to take it any further than that now, its been about 6 weeks of this. We have met twice and it was like pulling teeth to have a conversation with him. Oh well...he is a nice guy otherwise. Makes me feel like he is not interested in spending time with me or actually having a meaningful conversation where we hear each other voices.
 katty1981
Msg: 205
Serial texters
Posted: 5/5/2012 7:17:31 AM

I very rarely talk on the phone. I don't care for it. I will text because it is not as time consuming nor does it require my full attention. I work 2 jobs. I don't have the time or the desire to have phone conversations. I'm not hiding my contact from someone nor do I have an "addiction". I just don't like to talk on the phone. We can talk in person. Not everyone who prefers texting has some sort of secret agenda.

exactly! Who can be bothered im cooking dinner, on the computer, watching tele, reading etc a phone call take out a whole chunk of your life, txting you can control and do it in the adds lol
 CuriousFantasyWriter
Msg: 206
Serial texters
Posted: 5/13/2012 8:00:25 AM
I met a wonderful man who texts a lot with me and he also is very easy to talk to in person. When we're texting it's because we're dealing with other day to day things like work and kids and such. And while meeting him, his phone did go off... he checked it, ignored it and continued chatting with me. I wanted to kiss him right then lol. :p
 tehconfused
Msg: 211
Serial texters
Posted: 5/13/2012 8:15:42 PM
Actually allow me to help shed some light on this subject.
First of all, is the art of "talk" dead? No. However, I text more often than talk because of two reasons, sometimes I am just not in the mood to talk but I am in the mood to type away (call it my innate sense of typing on a keyboard for the last 20 years), next is sometimes I am also in the mood only SLIGHTLY to talk to someone, a text is a paced conversation, it can be answered over a course of a few minutes or more if need be, I can run around my house do things, eat and text, play games and text, watch TV and text, and I get to enjoy both.

Try talking to someone watching TV...doesn't work.

However, above all, I will always do my best to use the forms of communication available to me to have a one on one personal moment between each other. So the ones who use it as an end of all means, may need to seek help, but then tere's some of us who use it as a way to multi-task.
 EMunch2012
Msg: 212
Serial texters
Posted: 5/14/2012 12:42:35 PM
Wait... "STOP!" & "BLOCK!"
 ZombieKY
Msg: 213
Serial texters
Posted: 5/20/2012 9:27:35 PM
They are afraid of what you really think of them. Talked to a guy who texted nonstop and it got so ridiculous! I just texted him and was like, why don't you ever call me? Wouldn't you want to know what my voice was like? I think they are scared to go to that next step....

...or they are married and can't talk at certain times...

Good luck!
 gtr1025
Msg: 214
Serial texters
Posted: 5/20/2012 10:13:02 PM
Guess I will be SOL for a long time then. I love technology but I still do not and will not have internet or texting on my phone. You need to get a hold of me, call! Pet peeve of mine, (take a look sometime) walk into a restaurant and right off the bat look at how many people are sitting with other PEOPLE and they are staring into their laps at those damn phones. Couples...groups of friends....kids with their parents.....My personal opinion...It is very SAD that we choose to text instead of REALLY communicate through spoken words, with all of their little nuances and inflections.... True communication if you ask me!
 24frames persec
Msg: 215
Serial texters
Posted: 5/21/2012 12:21:17 AM
I love texing but only with people who know me well-- because answering the barrage of questions in text is annoying
 Misticrythms
Msg: 216
Serial texters
Posted: 5/27/2012 7:49:09 AM
Yeah I text because I just don't like talking on the phone much. I'm not addicted, nor texting because I'm playing someone. It can just be fun sweet little messages during the day or whatever. A phone conversation here and there is fine, but I just don't have an hour or two worth of things to say on the phone usually.....it does happen though ; )
 Singleville
Msg: 217
Serial texters
Posted: 5/27/2012 8:00:54 PM
My experiance, he is usally married or in some type of commited relationship. Especially wen he stops texting after 5pm...lol
 BEANEE01
Msg: 218
Serial texters
Posted: 5/28/2012 2:14:36 PM
I don't mind texting, but I will say serial texting is annoying especially when it's just conversation and never progresses from there. I had to tell one guy I wasn't looking for a text buddy because I let it go on for 2 months and he still hadn't asked me on an actual date. He ended up asking me out after I called him out on it. Why ask for a number if you aren't gonna call or finalize plans? If a guy or girl just wants a chat buddy they can do that through here or some other IM program.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >