Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TheBard101
Msg: 219
Serial textersPage 9 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
My roommate currently can not fail to answer a text. We were having lunch out and the conversation stopped a dozen times because she HAS to immediately text back. Three people were texting her and she just kept typing and ignoring me while I was right there. She kept saying "I'm listening" but I'm not about to compete with the text monster. She literally can not believe that it is rude. SO basically I had lunch alone. I hate that feeling.
 cooldog65
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Serial texters
Posted: 5/29/2012 12:37:01 AM
^^^^^
That should be your last time having lunch with her. What an attention whore!
 crazeerunner
Msg: 221
Serial texters
Posted: 11/4/2012 6:49:23 PM
I actually prefer texting.....I don't like talking on the phone. 1 or 2 phone conversations are fine, but I still prefer texting
 kjay41
Msg: 222
Serial texters
Posted: 11/4/2012 7:11:14 PM
I agree! Serial testers will NOT get my attention, I won't even save your name on my phone
 lyn1214
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Serial texters
Posted: 8/13/2015 5:23:36 PM
agreed!!! I hate it when these guys give their number and just text. if you are able to send back to back text you can call. if they refuse to call or don't answer their phone after the first day of having each others number its a wrap. too many red flags to proceed,too many misunderstanding thru text
 bamagrl68
Msg: 224
Serial texters
Posted: 8/13/2015 5:37:40 PM
Lyn1214- Most people know by now where I stand on this.
Texting is a pain, someone here was said it's because I'm over 40.
I just can't get into it.
I want to hear people's voices, better yet, see them.
One of my 16 year old's friends asked to use my phone the other day, he looked at it like I had just handed him a stone tablet.
"This isn't a SMART phone" He said.
As if I had just committed a crime.
I couldn't resist, I said "They won't let me buy one, I guess I'm not smart enough".
He just looked at me like I was crazy.
I cracked myself up though, he probably thought I'm senile, us OLD people could not possibly have a sense of humor.. :D ;)
Wait, we were talking about texting, I've been having attention issues ever since I was 3, or so. ;)
Is it too late for me to blame it on texting? :D
 sweettea091
Msg: 225
Serial texters
Posted: 8/13/2015 8:48:50 PM
Men who prefer to text and never call are either married or taken. Why else won't they get on the phone? Might also be some old perv or lesbian using fake pics.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 226
Serial texters
Posted: 8/14/2015 1:55:20 AM
There is a time and place for everything. Texting and speaking are both useful in the proper measure.
That is something that two people in a budding relationship will have to establish together.

I opted to address the topic directly in my profile for others. It's understandable if the other person has kids around.
At some point one has to migrate to telephone and in-person contact to have meaningful communication with depth.
 spot4username
Msg: 227
Serial texters
Posted: 8/14/2015 4:54:06 AM
Good Gosh! I responded to this back on the first page... years ago.

I hate talking on the phone. Always have. Hated it when it was on a table in the hall. Hated it when it was in the kitchen with a really long cord. Hated it when it was a "princess" phone beside my bed. Hated it when it got all fancy and cordless. Hate it now that it can be with me all the time. Talking on the phone gives me a headache and annoys me.

I'm not hiding from a husband or boyfriend. I'm not actually a man having a bit of fun. I'm not a teen playing on a dating site. I just don't want to talk on the phone.

I will meet and meet quickly if the connection is there. That should be enough. If it isn't then we aren't a match and that is fine.

It's simple - call me and I won't answer, text and I will respond (when I am good and ready).
 Witnesstomythoughts
Msg: 228
Serial texters
Posted: 8/14/2015 9:02:49 AM
IMO a phone call is necessary before a meet n greet.

On the other hand, I have friends I'd rather text than talk on the phone !

A person can go on and on about something on the phone, where you're stuck trying to be polite, wanting to stick something in your eye after a while.
 jrb1979
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Serial texters
Posted: 8/14/2015 9:05:40 AM
I am the same way. I have never liked talking on the phone and still don't. Part of it cause I find it easier to witty and say what I want to say when I have a minute or 2 to think about what I want to say. The other reason is I don't call often is cause of the schedule I work. I work afternoons so by the time I get home from work its near midnight and most people don't want to talk that late if they have to work in the morning.
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 230
Serial texters
Posted: 8/14/2015 11:32:06 AM

Men who prefer to text and never call are either married or taken. Why else won't they get on the phone? Might also be some old perv or lesbian using fake pics.

In some cases, that may be true, but the fact of the matter is, we have A LOT of people who are simply addicted to their damn phones today. They are on them constantly texting someone to death or yacking their f*cking brains out. I want no part of that shit, myself.

I've had times where I've actually given in, and had hour long phone conversations with women, only to get an avalanche of texts right after hanging up. That's f*cking ridiculous. Just because we have the technology today to be up someone's a$$ 24/7, doesn't mean we should.

Not to mention, the damn signal issues and struggling to hear. I always manage to get stuck talking to people I can barely hear, and half the conversation consists of saying "pardon me, what was that?" over and over and over.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 231
Serial texters
Posted: 8/14/2015 11:44:26 AM
^^^

Excellent insights, ThePigIsHereForEternity.
I have made late-night visits to the supermarket and there are people walking the aisles, putting food in their carts, and simultaneously texting / speaking at 12:40 a.m. about who knows what. There are some benefits to the days of landlines where one would leave a message and not *PANIC* if a written response was not received in .739 milliseconds.

ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 232
Serial texters
Posted: 8/14/2015 11:53:13 AM
I replied to a text once for my aunt on her phone while she was driving..to a family member. They texted back, I had a few expletives, I put the phone away without replying. I'm sure my aunts anxiety went up as she's irritatingly attached to the damn thing.
I just haven't had the urge to get a smart phone. I barely answer my home phone, that's what voice mail is for. I'll call back.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 233
Serial texters
Posted: 8/14/2015 12:17:45 PM
I used to get texted quite a bit back in 1998. It was all about work when I worked at SBC. It got annoying, my boss would use his computer to text me, usually I was driving. I had to respond, so I had to pull over to text back.

Even since I left that job, I hadn't even had a cell phone again until 2009 when I bot a cheap $30 cell phone that would only work in Thailand.

Then three years ago I got a cell phone that could be used in Asia and the USA, my GF gave it to me so she could bother me where ever I was. But text was disabled and it didn't have wifi.

Eight months ago I gave that cell phone to her nephew in Thailand, I bought my wife a new smartphone and she gave me her old acer android phone. I can now access the Internet through wifi, since I don't own a data plan. It's a pay as you go gophone. I disabled text to eliminate annoying sales texts.

Two months ago I turned texting back on the phone so I could send as receive texts while she was at work. So far I have only gotten 1 survey type text, so it seems like I won't have a problem.

If I want to respond to a text or generate a text, I would tend to use my computer keyboard to send an SMS (Short Message) to a mobile phone. It's easier to type with a computer. I can use the touch screen to compose a MSG, I would rather not do that unless I had to. I used to use Skype extensively, which is like texting, and you can use Skype to send text to a cell phone number.

IMO I am a mixture of old school and new wave technology thinking.
 _shakti_
Msg: 234
Serial texters
Posted: 8/24/2015 3:16:48 AM

I like texting, and sometimes (depending what I have going on) I prefer it to the phone.. but it annoys me when someone makes that the only means of communication.

I won't meet someone until there has been at least one phone conversation.
I posted this back in 2011, and my views have definitely changed.

I detest talking on the phone, just the sound of it ringing/vibrating annoys the crap out of me. I like being able to keep a conversation going without it completely interrupting my life. And you can be surprisingly deep while texting.

The last few guys I've met have been without ever talking to them on the phone, and I don't miss it a bit. In fact, the interplay we had during texting seemed to translate into real life too.

There was a time when I didn't trust my instincts, I felt like I needed to meet certain people to get a feel for them in person, before eliminating them as boring based on texting alone. Well, I'll trust my instincts from now on, if they bore me in text? Then they'll definitely bore me in person too.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 235
Serial texters
Posted: 8/24/2015 6:34:29 AM

There was a time when I didn't trust my instincts, I felt like I needed to meet certain people to get a feel for them in person, before eliminating them as boring based on texting alone. Well, I'll trust my instincts from now on, if they bore me in text? Then they'll definitely bore me in person too.

Good to see you again, Shakti.
 _shakti_
Msg: 236
Serial texters
Posted: 8/24/2015 7:03:19 AM
You too IG

And when you think about it, aren't all us regulars here 'serial texters'? lol.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Serial texters
Posted: 8/24/2015 3:23:28 PM
If a women only wanted to text I would ignore her. End of story. Never met a women, or someone possibly claiming to be one, who insisted on a lack of real time conversation exclusively. I would end communication 100%, which means no meeting was going to happen.

If they got upset/mad/whiny at me, which happened a few times, I would reply in text:
"boys text,
real men talk
sorry"

Almost every time, from what I remembered, they came around positively. If they didn't, I can't really remember because they weren't integrated into my thoughts that strongly since I never heard their echo! :)
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 238
Serial texters
Posted: 8/25/2015 8:57:43 PM

_shakti_ :
And when you think about it, aren't all us regulars here 'serial texters'? lol.

No, we aren't.

adventurejoe70 :
If a woman only wanted to text I would ignore her. End of story.

Me too.
 _shakti_
Msg: 239
Serial texters
Posted: 8/26/2015 5:46:41 PM
Many people serially 'text' here in the forums...........................
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Serial texters
Posted: 8/26/2015 6:02:21 PM
^^^Maybe true, but I am not meeting forum mates for the possibility of romantic rendezvous. Lol
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 241
Serial texters
Posted: 8/27/2015 8:28:26 AM

I am not meeting forum mates

Cereal name...Forum Mates!

Lots of sugar coated abbreviated forumite usernames.

What type of prize would we find at the bottom of our box of Forum Mate cereal?
 spot4username
Msg: 242
Serial texters
Posted: 8/27/2015 8:57:21 AM

What type of prize would we find at the bottom of our box of Forum Mate cereal?

Dental floss of course.
 cooldog65
Msg: 243
view profile
History
Serial texters
Posted: 8/27/2015 9:23:56 AM
After about 3 texts, my patience is gone. Call me.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >