Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 no_1_bby
Msg: 15
view profile
History
DTF?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I have zero problem with people being upfront. Actually prefer it that way. Just be mature about it when you don't get the response you are hoping for.

Play your cards face up and then everyone knows what the game is and how to play it.
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 16
DTF?
Posted: 11/20/2011 6:03:02 PM
The younger generation is more direct? Do you think cavemen and barbarians had a longer courtship period before asking the women they raped if they were DTF?

The younger generation is always more anxious and hasn't had enough practice to learn a few manners or calmed down enough to learn your name before grabbing your crotch.

It doesn't matter how or when they ask, what matter is ARE YOU DOWN?
If not, say NO.
 Magina314
Msg: 17
DTF?
Posted: 11/20/2011 6:19:14 PM
Same meaning as "Casual Sex?"
 SleepyMcGee
Msg: 19
view profile
History
DTF?
Posted: 11/20/2011 11:19:39 PM

All men are horny.

And all women are dried up old prudes?
 Tah,
Msg: 20
DTF?
Posted: 11/21/2011 12:01:45 AM
All men are horny. Don't care if they're 12 or 80. They still wanna f**k

That they are but that is also natural and part of being human. some people forget that.

abelian
Msg: 21
DTF?
Posted: 11/21/2011 5:47:47 AM

Would you rather get the quick and simple DTF? or the long drawn out DTF?

I'd much rather get to the point than dance around it, so I'd vote for the quick and simple.

Do you have any (or more) respect for either/or?

I always have more respect for someone who cuts through the BS and gets to the point.

I mean really, if that's what you're after... say so. If it's not what I'm after, I respond accordingly... asked and answered.

Exactly. Why create an elaborate pretense that gives someone the wrong impression? That is self defeating.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 22
view profile
History
DTF?
Posted: 11/21/2011 6:19:50 AM

Gotta get my GTL on to pull some grenades that are DTF. lol

This is totally effective birthcontrol for me. Good job.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 23
view profile
History
DTF?
Posted: 11/21/2011 9:21:51 AM

LOL...I'm regularly at the Jersey Shore, so... I guess I gained kuntz points?
*plus, my facetious posts outweigh my serious posts 3:1...I thought you knew that already?

I think that was at least a +10 kuntz points. I like your snark factor.. it's one of your more endearing qualities. Well.. at least for me.
 Fluffysmile
Msg: 28
DTF?
Posted: 6/19/2016 10:28:10 PM
I'm new. How's this work?
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 29
DTF?
Posted: 6/20/2016 5:38:13 AM
ahhhhh...well I suppose some guys think that there is the obligatory exchange of messages ahead of time
making small talk, throwing some flattery your way
beating around the bush so to speak..

yes I would consider it a waste of time for both of us

but he has perhaps already learned that by being that up front
he turns many women off
...sounds like postponing the inevitable to me
 sweetnshythatsalie
Msg: 30
DTF?
Posted: 6/20/2016 11:19:03 AM
Maybe it's just me it happens too....but I think the better looking the guy the more aggressive they seem. Also I like the younger guys because they come right out with it....I know a 28 year old doesn't want to date me....LOL

The sad thing in my crazy mind is I would sleep with a 28 year old knowing damn well he'll probably never call me again...but if a guy my age wants to ....I'm like nope....I know it makes no sense.
 ohenryx
Msg: 31
view profile
History
DTF?
Posted: 6/20/2016 1:14:18 PM

sweetnshythatsalie
Maybe it's just me it happens too....but I think the better looking the guy the more aggressive they seem. Also I like the younger guys because they come right out with it....I know a 28 year old doesn't want to date me....LOL

The sad thing in my crazy mind is I would sleep with a 28 year old knowing damn well he'll probably never call me again...but if a guy my age wants to ....I'm like nope....I know it makes no sense.

Actually, it makes perfect sense. If it isn’t making sense to you, that is because you are trying to not see the truth of the matter.

The appeal of being with a younger, more attractive person outweighs your common sense. You would be willing to sleep with him because of the physical attraction, no other reason. The guy your age is just not as attractive, so if he wants some, he is going to have to work for it.

If a 28 year old man who was physically unattractive approached you, I’m sure you wouldn’t drop your knickers on the spot. And I find it interesting that you specifically mention “28 year old”, I strongly suspect that there is a particular 28 year old man that you are thinking of, one that you find very attractive. Yes?

There is nothing wrong with any of the above. It's all a part of being human.
 basilisk123
Msg: 32
view profile
History
DTF?
Posted: 6/20/2016 2:16:51 PM
Rather ask a woman, "DTPVG?" (Down-To-Play-Video-Games)
Women who play videogames with their dudes are totally hot!
The acronyms are incredibly annoying though...
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 33
view profile
History
DTF?
Posted: 6/20/2016 2:38:40 PM

Actually, it makes perfect sense. If it isn’t making sense to you, that is because you are trying to not see the truth of the matter.

The appeal of being with a younger, more attractive person outweighs your common sense. You would be willing to sleep with him because of the physical attraction, no other reason. The guy your age is just not as attractive, so if he wants some, he is going to have to work for it.

I agree. The reason it "doesn't make sense", is because "that's not what us girls want" -- however, many more do than one would think or would like to admit (to themselves?). The younger age thing adds to the sexiness felt, just like sometimes an older age thing adds to the maturity felt -- even though that's just emotionally driven stereotyping.
 sweetnshythatsalie
Msg: 34
DTF?
Posted: 6/21/2016 9:15:28 AM
I actually just thru out a number....ages range from 25-28

I was with the same man for over 2 decades, he passed away 18 months ago. I first came on POF in October ( 9 months after) and the first guy I hooked up with was 27, I was naïve and dumb, and after that ended I realized I was silly for feeling used by him, we were equally using each other, I actually probably got more out of it :D
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 35
view profile
History
DTF?
Posted: 6/22/2016 12:14:41 PM

I first came on POF in October ( 9 months after) and the first guy I hooked up with was 27, I was naïve and dumb, and after that ended I realized I was silly for feeling used by him, we were equally using each other, I actually probably got more out of it :D

To be fair though, a gal on the rebound having a fling with a younger guy in no way is "being used", otherwise it takes away from people who are in the context most people mean it (pretending that they're into them more than just hang-out fun/casual, when they're not). Doing something like that's a Good thing when on the rebound! Because many times there's not some faking going around when one's say, 40 and the other's 25, who just met at the bar or online. One's going to be out in the clouds a bit thinking there's any aim for a serious LTR in the making when seeing each other some. One has to expect that it'll have some sort of emotional distance at the end of the day, and that it'll at least ebb away at some point in the not so distant future.

Best things to have when on the rebound -- as opposed to meeting someone who's LTR-able, and having things work very likely not working out due to the mistiming.
 IgottaName
Msg: 36
DTF?
Posted: 6/23/2016 7:40:10 PM
You down with OPP?
Yeah, you know me!
 Kodanshi
Msg: 37
view profile
History
DTF?
Posted: 7/1/2016 4:53:33 AM
I encountered this a long time ago, and immediately thought of Dead Kennedys' 'Too Drunk To F**k'. Haha.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 38
view profile
History
DTF?
Posted: 7/4/2016 9:45:44 PM

The "DTF" initials might be new, but the thinking (or lack thereof) behind it is the same old thing. I remember being tremendously disappointed in my own youth, to discover that despite all the proclamations about the "flower generation" of the Age of Aquarius being enlightened, free, and sensitive about each other, that they were in fact AT LEAST as selfish, deceitful, lazy, and thoughtless as the older generations they protested about. The only difference I could find then, too, was in the lingo used as cover stories for selfish misbehavior.
Right On!

I suspect that 80%++ or more of people who agree to a DTF meeting either don't show up or decline when they meet the other. Moods can swing quickly. In the space of 20 minutes to put on shoes and run a block away to meet in the park, you mind will go through 1000 thoughts, any of which is enough to sour the deal. Not to mention the shock of seeing just how undesirable a stranger is when you meet - would you still be DTF after seeing someone half-drunk/high/stinky/unkempt/show up with friends to watch....?

The only place DTF makes sense is when people leave an activity/party/club together and it's upon them to separate to go home or do something else together.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 39
view profile
History
DTF?
Posted: 7/5/2016 6:16:38 AM

I suspect that 80%++ or more of people who agree to a DTF meeting either don't show up or decline when they meet the other.

I don't believe this to be true, when they've already hooked up and are familiarized with each other. Boot call people don't fail to show up or decline 80%+ of the time when they've already said "Yeah, I coming over / you come over." Anything dealing with the 80%+ of the time would be when one wants to escalate someone who's a DTF/Booty Call into casual dating or more, it not working out.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 40
view profile
History
DTF?
Posted: 7/5/2016 3:21:53 PM
If they've already hooked up - why would they even need to ask "DTF"?
And bootycall/FWB/FB have already established a a routine or ground rules, so again, there's no need to ask "DTF"?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 41
view profile
History
DTF?
Posted: 7/5/2016 4:42:19 PM

If they've already hooked up - why would they even need to ask "DTF"?

For their availability... if they've already been acquainted and the tone is set -- they probably are more comfortable talking dirty as opposed to someone they just mingled with and never got acquainted with yet. Of course, asking "DTF?" isn't required in order to be DTF. Usually it's not said like that. One usually says something like at midnight, "Hey, what are you up to? Mind if I come over?"

And bootycall/FWB/FB have already established a a routine or ground rules

Just as a side note for clarification that's not really relevant to the exact topic -- a FWB can be very different than a FB/bootycall. A 1-on-1 Friends w/ Benefits is pretty much casual dating, and solidly not just a mere FB, as they're Actually friends. A group-friends w/ benefits can be roughly the same as a FB when it boils down to it.
 hemingway234
Msg: 42
DTF?
Posted: 7/7/2016 3:33:06 PM
Some guys just don't understand women.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >