Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Im done      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 joghurta
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Im done Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

chasyates:
I visited the states last year for 8 weeks and boy, do a lot of your women need a reality check.
Just thought I would add my 2 pence worth.

Sadly enough you are right.
Both American men and women's relationship instincts have been crippled by centuries of religious brainwashing, instilling completely unrealistic expectations of familly bliss and perfect "little house on the prairy" happiness scenarios.
And if its not perfect than both sides overreact completely - because everything short of what Jesus would have wanted must be a mortal sin ...

That stupid tradition of the American bachelor party is a perfect example how this religious straight jacket has led to bottled up emotions, which in turn result in complete hysteria on all sides.

I for one never understood why a grown up man is not supposed to live out his sexual desires honestly, and instead has to hide away in a hotel room with his buddies, the night before getting married, for that :-O
 Sabetha
Msg: 20
Im done
Posted: 4/2/2012 11:41:21 PM
Both American men and women's relationship instincts have been crippled by centuries of religious brainwashing, instilling completely unrealistic expectations of familly bliss and perfect "little house on the prairy" happiness scenarios.
And if its not perfect than both sides overreact completely - because everything short of what Jesus would have wanted must be a mortal sin ...

That stupid tradition of the American bachelor party is a perfect example how this religious straight jacket has led to bottled up emotions, which in turn result in complete hysteria on all sides.

I for one never understood why a grown up man is not supposed to live out his sexual desires honestly, and instead has to hide away in a hotel room with his buddies, the night before getting married, for that :-O

for one thing, GOOD MEN don't cheat on their Bachelor Party night... only sorry ones do.

For another, heaven forbid we expect respect, hard work, and a happy home. What's so wrong with that?

You are seriously grouping a diverse culture into whatever bad experience you had and that is totally unfair. There is such a thing as monogamy, and there is nothing wrong with striving for that.

PS
women have parties too... duh. we go to strip clubs, get drunk, and have a good time with our girlfriends.. it's a formality, not necessarily 'one last chance'

PPS... a lot of people get married at hte justice of peace for 10 dollars because they don't have much else between them, and they don't give a dern about the money or whatever
 wa_le_lu
Msg: 21
Im done
Posted: 4/3/2012 4:44:32 AM
Wow!!! First off, I am very sorry your heart over ruled your head/signs of this jerk abeautiful disaster. Unfortunately, there are MANY men out there like this. Then you have the ones like this guy dog you out because YOU do have a heart and he is saying he is one of the good guys??? You are right, who would run to that one So sorry, but don't give up, the true man for YOU and only YOU, is out there. Internet dating I believe shows the true colors of a person if you do this long enough and these are the ones you want to rule out. I went out with a guy and we had a great time, then all of sudden he flipped. He told me that he makes things up to tell girls and laughed because they actually believed it. He also made the comment about Russian women I later read his profile and he had changed it and said American women didn't have a heart and didn't understand that he was Autistic, and he got judged for this and his left leg was shorter than the other I sent him another message and told him he was a jerk and liar and that he should go get him a Russian woman/women if he so desired, and get off pof. These men that say they understand why Russian women are wanted, are liars too and they can't get them either so they do what this guy does, who claims to be ONE OF THE GOOD GUYS, and be bitter and clearly voices it I don't know about you, but I would not want to spend the rest of my life with someone this bitter I hope you find what you deserve abeautiful disaster....keep looking, it will happen
 Capn_America
Msg: 22
Im done
Posted: 4/9/2012 11:55:07 AM
Actually, and I've noticed this problem more and more often (even with my own sister) is a problem with boundaries............
Why do women date men...and want to give them the world? No, REALLY, why? Why after 3-4 weeks are you absolutely, positively, 100% money back guaranteed beyond a shadown of a doubt that this guy you BARELY know deserve you taking money out of your pockets to provide for him? Really, why? And, its not just you, OP who is now gone, its a general situation. It happens with women as with men, but with women it seems to be more often because of what I call the "sacrifice" syndrome. She'd be willing to take any hit for her man, just like in the Twilight Saga....
Do any of you ladies know that so VERY few men in the ENTIRE world are deserving of such devotion? Do you? I think THAT'S where the problems lie. I also think its a problem men dont have, because most of the time, they simply dont care as much. Whereas women do, and that's their undoing; they have no discernement. And its something that can be worked on, and SHOULD be worked on. Like my daddy always said, trust isnt a gift to bestow; trust is EARNED.
Really, who in their right minds would accept to give out so much money to strangers? Answer; people with big hearts and small heads. I should know, I was caught more than once myself.......

Anyways, less trust, more thinking, and MORE listenning to people around you. You know, the ones who warned you but you ignored thinking you knew what you were doing? Those people.
 wa_le_lu
Msg: 23
Im done
Posted: 4/10/2012 9:25:25 AM
Well said Capn America! Agreed.
 ImThatGuy4You1980
Msg: 24
Im done
Posted: 11/29/2012 10:37:02 PM
**** yeah! 95% of the women on here are fake!! A friend of mine once told me, he knew someone who started a dating site, and what they do is, they take random pics of females from all over the internet, post them on the dating site with fake profiles, only to lure men onto them, in hopes of finding "the one".
 alan_50501
Msg: 25
Im done
Posted: 12/29/2012 4:18:22 AM
This site is the biggest joke I have ever seen and also fake....Been on here close to 9 years just did make this account not long ago after taking yet another break...All people seem to do is view your profile day after day week after week its allways the same ones...They wont message you and if you message them they dont reply but boy they sure do like checking out your profile....SITE IS FULL OF STALKERS
 uniquelyordinary
Msg: 26
Im done
Posted: 3/5/2013 7:53:10 AM
joghurta....After reading your post, I can see there's a reason why you're single too! Just sayin'
 MyHeadIsFullOfGhosts
Msg: 27
Im done
Posted: 3/10/2013 4:00:44 PM
This website is useless /thread.
 hkrjay
Msg: 28
Im done
Posted: 8/16/2013 2:18:51 AM

Actually, and I've noticed this problem more and more often (even with my own sister) is a problem with boundaries............

Don't you mean a lack thereof? ;)

And, sheesus - one of my sisters and yours share the same cerebrum! :D
 searching0903
Msg: 29
Im done
Posted: 9/21/2013 5:48:46 AM
I don't bother with men that don't live close enough to meet. That may be limiting my possibilities, but I know they won't be looking to move in. I think women fall in love to fast and that is why they are easily taken advantage of. Take your time and get to really know the person before they move into your house. I look for guys that are stable. Women do look for men they can help (fix). I have learned not to do that. If you have been dating for a while, meet their family. If they don't want you to, that is a red flag. Meet their friends, if they don't have any or don't want you to, another red flag. See the red flags and run.
I dated a guy on here. He had a house, a big piece of property, but no job. Never gave him any money. He met someone else and took her for everything he could get. She and I became friends. He still contacts her. If a guy is really interested in you, he shouldn't be asking you for money. Same goes to the guys. Women do the same thing to guys.
I am confident that the right person is out there for me. Just have to keep fishing. Don't bring your old relationships into the new one. Don't look for the bad to happen, or it will. Be positive.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Im done