Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dr.Z2008
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Walking Out during First MeetPage 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Don't worry about it,remember that the trademark of a low status person is avoiding conflict.She probably didn't have a "back up plan"for you and there where no girls around the bar to help her out and give them the look(Most women always have a back up plan to get out off the a first date if is not working). Be indifferent to the outcome and enjoy the moment,have fun......Next time you go out on a first date just ask her when you are ready to order for her to the bartender if she want to have "drink" or she rather have the" money"?
 Maleman999
Msg: 78
Walking Out during First Meet
Posted: 11/29/2011 10:39:56 AM
When you realized she bailed, you should've sent her a text (if she didn't block you yet) saying: "Hey. You didn't pay your half of the bill. Get back to the bar to pay your portion of the tab". lol.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 81
Posted: 11/29/2011 5:48:26 PM
OP - you tried to meet a girl 2 times and you went in for a 3rd time to meet her ?

and you wonder why she was inattentive with you and walked out on you ?

maybe cuz she went to meet the guy who stood her up 3 times...

he's more interesting anyhow...

if a woman balks on meeting you - don't be a weakazz and continue to try to meet her.

she's not interested man...
 snowgoddess
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2011 5:55:25 PM
flat out a B I T C H !!! so not worth your time. thaqt is rude and inconsiderate for anyone to do to another. cowards! let them run! please dont take it personally, a clear case of "its not you, its HER!"
a real person would sit out the hour, chat, enjoy being out, then perhaps decline a second date. Embarrasing to sit at the bar? perhaps, not having a piece of crap like that in your life? priceless!
 _mr_brown
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2011 7:45:27 PM
Whoa dude what did you say to her at the bar?!?!?!? Lol j/k
 badbrains213
Msg: 84
Posted: 11/30/2011 11:45:11 AM
i am a master of the irish goodbye.
 Fleuron
Msg: 85
Posted: 11/30/2011 12:35:28 PM

If she had another guy she was working, she still could have lied and said she needed to leave period.

Wow, yeah. SHE lacks class. How tacky.

It couldn’t possibly be that she wasn’t interested in you, or that you did something wrong, or your three year old pics are less than accurate. She bailed on you because she’s working other guys. Yep. That’s it.

Btw, you should acquaint yourself with “cropping”.

Maleman999:
What gets me are the people who have the "I am a prince/princess" complex who flip out if the person they're meeting doesn't turn out to be their perfect fantasy guy/girl they hoped for, and come on POF saying everyone is a liar and a player.

WomanInProgress
Msg: 87
Posted: 11/30/2011 1:38:30 PM
^^Are you trying to say walking out of a place when you've been dating a while is a bad thing? It's not like they don't know where to find you.
 cooldog65
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2011 5:52:54 PM
@snowgoddess: bikini picture...

Back on topic: Cell phones and dating...not a good mix. Technology, isn't it wonderful?

Don't let this bad experience discourage you. Plenty of nice ladies here!
 sddude
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2012 11:03:48 AM
That is how some women operate, it is not unusual. kind of like not answering the phone or not writing back , means you gotta get the message indirectly.

Several women have left me like that some for another unkinwn guy they met on our date, usually I get a phonecall back asking for help,( left on the side of the road by a carzy, a player leaves her alone with the hotel bill or the ex bf is hurting her etc...)
sad stuff but not unusual.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/10/2012 11:53:28 AM

You sound like a princess bytch. Guys already have to jump through hoops and go through a fifty step process to actually meet a woman in person. Now you add in that a video interview is required as well. If you are this paranoid about dating, you would be the last person I ever want to meet. I don't do video interviews to have a coffee. Are you going to videotape the entire first meet and then analyze it afterwards? First meets are suppose to be fun-not a formal job interview type of process.

Here's a question for all regarding the misrepresenting picture:
Let's say you passed all of the initial tests and you were getting together for a first meet. You walk through the door and see the person, or you're there first and see the person you are to meet. If the person turned out to be a lot more beautiful and gorgeous than their photos, what you freak out and scream "You're a f__king liar. You misrepresented yourself in your pictures. I'm out of here" and storm out in a huff?

What gets me are the people who have the "I am a prince/princess" complex who flip out if the person they're meeting doesn't turn out to be their perfect fantasy guy/girl they hoped for, and come on POF saying everyone is a liar and a player.

If it makes me a biatch, I dont really care. I have way better things to do than meet liars and posers.

Webcams are free with most purchases of a pc these days, laptops have them built in...and since I adopted this strategy, I have not been tricked into meeting losers who post fake pics. Its all good!!

You are not the type of man Id ever want to meet, so you thinkng anything negative about how I operate means absolutely nothing to me.

If you think being 'real' and being willing to show you are real is jumping through hoops, then I would generalize you as lazy. You probably also think sending free emails on a free website is 'hard work'. LOLOL

Good luck!
 ConnCat
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2012 1:10:05 PM
Though I agree with people here that someone like that is not worth our time, I would have written a very terse, follow-up note. Some eloquent version of WTF? For my own personal closure.
 Miss_Faz
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:53:47 AM
such a great reply! and totally true
 femaleconnection
Msg: 94
Posted: 2/13/2012 7:10:04 AM

This is all good and well in theory, but there are many women out there who will freak out at the mere mention of chatting on a webcam (after bad experiences with guys 'exposing themselves', or asking the woman to).

Dont I know it.

I dont ask right off...I wait til Im feeling curious enough to want to meet. Then I just tell him Im all for a webcam session, fully clothed to 'see' one another. I dont ask them to stand up and twirl for me...Im not doing it to vette that they have a good body. I tell them, Im doing it to ensure the man on camera matches the face from pics he himself already sent to me.

I am as open as I want the men I chat with to be and I dont ask for anything I myself cannot supply. I offer them to see me as well, to ensure THEY are also not wasting time meeting a fake. It goes both ways. I have chatted with too many men that have had the old bait n switch happen to them, this way ensures that both of us will recognize one another at that first meeting, which is my main goal. I cannot vette anything a stranger tells me, that takes time, but I can vette that thier face matches the pics they sent. It is a good start in the trust building process.

There are ways of asking for a webcam session that are not creepy, and as soon as I think the man in question is going in a direction I am not comfy with it is 1 click of the 'stop' button and it is over.
 kow626
Msg: 96
Posted: 2/13/2012 10:03:24 PM
i'm so glad i've never had any of these horror stories happen to me. i guess that's because i'm pretty selective. OP and anyone else that has ever had this happen, when you meet at a bar of all places, that tells you immediately what type of person you're dealing with. if drinking is what's bringing you together, that should be a red flag. the most important thing is if you're gonna meet someone for the first time, let it be someplace or something that you could still enjoy by yourself. that way, if you get left high and dry, you'll still be able to enjoy yourself and count yourself lucky that the ditcher is gone and not wasting anymore of your time.

never force a meet. if your time don't mean nothin', the other person will know it and that leads to these situations. people that have a life of their own know what i mean. if it's totally casual, you got time to spare, no harm in meeting on the fly, go for it. but still make sure you can enjoy your own company, as well as the other person's, if things don't work out the way you want. people that walk out on others shouldn't even be dating anyone, i don't care how bad the date is. they lack communication skills and need to learn what they really want and how to pick better partners. just tell the person how you feel and put the date out of its misery instead of lying. that's the part that really puts your character in question and not many people keep that part in mind. you think you're doing the right thing by lying and walking out, never to return. it's really selfish and that type of person is even worse than the seemingly bad date they're walking out on.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 98
Posted: 2/14/2012 4:49:10 PM
I feel sorry for women who meet Bloody Idiots too.
 Titanicrose
Msg: 99
Posted: 2/14/2012 6:10:12 PM
I myself would never walk out on someone! But once a man was so rude and obnoxious that he could see I was not buying it! We had drinks and H'ordouvres, we were supposed to stay and have dinner. He said "You are not going to stay for dinner ? I said "No" and "thank you for the drink and food." then left. I couldn't take him anymore! Another I almost walked out on but kept my cool then left together to our separate cars. He was so obnoxious asking me if I liked him. How does someone outright ask that on the first meeting. Too pushy for me!

There are all kinds of people out there!
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 105
Posted: 2/15/2012 1:37:46 AM
^^^^^^ The poor old coot probably so whipped he doesn't have any confidence left and she shot him down like that. A few more meets like that and he'll go find a bridge to jump off of.
 Uonlyliveonce5
Msg: 106
Posted: 2/17/2012 9:19:38 PM

The only time I would advocate someone doing this is if she showed up and something about your profile/previous discussions was a full on lie.

I did this when I met a man who was easilyy 20 years older than his profile and additional pics sent to me indicated. He said he was 47...if he was a day younger than 67 Id be shocked. Lie to me, and you wont get any of my time. I will leave you sitting there all the fool.

This 100%, I can't imagine someone seeing pictures and finding out all your details, building a rapport and leaving you in the middle of the date. Obv. there is something missing from the OP's story. Either he was offensive or he lied about his profile in someway.
 astrosky
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2012 9:11:03 AM
I agree that giving too much attention to your phone on a date is rude. So is misrepresenting yourself on your profile. Therefore perhaps those two things cancel each other out.

I've never had a date walk out on me, nor have I ever walked out, but there are 4 things that have made me want to

1) If a guy smells really bad because he doesn't use deoderant
2) If all a guy talks about is sex and automatically assumes I will be his next playmate because I showed up.
3) If all a guy talks about is his ex and goes on and on and on about his prior relationship.
4) Utterly narcissitic monologue - and then, "enough about me, what do YOU think about ME?"

I will assume that if people walk out on dates with you on a regular basis - that you are doing one of the above things and are pretending you don't know why they left. I bet you know very well why - rudeness begets rudeness.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 109
Posted: 2/18/2012 4:53:29 PM
She was rude, ignorant, & a complete waste of skin. Good thing you found out right away what an azz she is, so you didn't waste any more time on her. There is no excuse for that, no class.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 111
Posted: 2/24/2012 7:27:44 PM

....but if we meet after an hour of chatting then some will say I was going too fast. I once met a girl for coffee after chatting for only 10 minutes and it didn't work out.

Common sense would dictate that you talk to someone long enough to weed out a wasted meeting but not so long that you develop a faux relationship you have to break off when it's discovered there's no mutual attraction.

To think the two choices are only talking for three months or 10 minutes would be an extreme viewpoint.
 cooldog65
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2012 9:52:31 PM
^^^^^
Time to change restaurants.

You do look like Chad Kroeger from 5 to 10 years ago. Nickelback was better then, too. You could pull off the cousin bit and you would be too busy to be here.
 Artemis29
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2012 12:03:24 AM
The only guy I ever actually bailed out on was a dude that showed up drunk... ordered the most expensive thing on the menu, plus a bottle of expensive wine, which he drank himself, made an ass of himself with the waitress, then said he had left his wallet at home and could I get the bill.... I told him I left my wallet in my car and went out "to get it" and drove away.

I did call the place and apologize to the waitress .
 cooldog65
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2012 1:13:41 AM
^^^^^
Time for wallet/purse check at the door.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >