Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > no pic: worth the risk?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Helloitsmeyourlookingfor
Msg: 326
no pic: worth the risk?Page 14 of 28    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)
Girls no pic - Proceed with caution... average weight status on POF is waaaaay skewed. Never seen sooo many 5'3, 200 lbs women whose Dr's call their weight "average" in my life.

Guys no pic - He's a cheater or he is ugly.
 Fifi47
Msg: 327
no pic: worth the risk?
Posted: 3/7/2012 10:55:27 AM
Some larger people do say that we are large. Many men say they have brown hair and they are either bald or have gray hair. I wonder if a man would think a woman was lying if she said she was average weight and is really very thin, and and ignore her as she was not truthful. I have learned that online nothing seems to be a deal breaker more than being a middle aged bbw who is not divorced..
 Giggles10000
Msg: 328
Posted: 3/7/2012 11:44:25 AM

Some larger people do say that we are large. Many men say they have brown hair and they are either bald or have gray hair. I wonder if a man would think a woman was lying if she said she was average weight and is really very thin, and and ignore her as she was not truthful. I have learned that online nothing seems to be a deal breaker more than being a middle aged bbw who is not divorced..

Please explain how one person being wrong...makes it ok that someone else is bald or grey? If a man has partial hair and it is both brown and grey what exactly is he suppose to put? And why would a man's hair matter to someone who feels that others should overlook their size?

I am finding that there is plenty of interest in a middle aged bbw, dont confuse the important of attitude and how you view yourself... if you project you are an underdog...men will feed off of that.
 gigigrongbell
Msg: 329
Posted: 3/7/2012 1:20:02 PM
16 pages in so I can get lost in the replies and have to admit to not reading them all. I would have met with my fishie even if he hadn't given me a pic. I never asked for one and I was glad he didn't have one initially. I tend to form an opinion based on looks and I had no intention of meeting this guy or anyone else so it didn't matter either way to me. He sent his to me one day after we'd been emailing and eflirting for quite a while. First impression - politician - doesn't know anything about sex. lol
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.
 donefishin
Msg: 330
Posted: 3/7/2012 8:51:13 PM
I agree totally with you!
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 331
Posted: 3/7/2012 11:02:46 PM

donefishin:
I agree totally with you!

There is 385 posts in this thread including yours, which one do you agree with?
 dalziel13
Msg: 332
Posted: 3/8/2012 6:11:26 AM
Perhaps people should not jump to conclusions about people with no pictures and assume that they are hiding something insidious....there are many different reasons for not including a picture on profile but being willing to share one privately if people click....there are some people who want to meet someone but who also value their privacy....perhaps we don't want to be the butt of jokes in the work place or in our social settings....I realize that there are many people here who are out to deceive but those of us who simply value our privacy and don't particularly want to be the subject of gossip should not be tarred with the same brush....when people jump to conclusions without having all the information, this tells us something about their character and not ours.....
 Fifi47
Msg: 333
Posted: 3/8/2012 6:37:15 AM
Touche......I rarely post a pic....my replies do not increase in number or are better matches when my pic is posted. Time to remove it.
 Paderic
Msg: 334
Posted: 3/8/2012 4:14:32 PM
Perhaps people should not jump to conclusions about people with no pictures and assume that they are hiding something insidious...

Perhaps people who don't post pictures should understand that very few will even look at their profiles and they will have to make the initial contact (and include a picture if they want a remote chance for a reply).
 Mortopia
Msg: 335
Posted: 3/8/2012 4:24:45 PM
I was recently told a story by a close friend. Her brother used a dating site, chatted and "fell in love" with a woman in Calif. Eventually they arranged for her to fly here to meet him. He waited for her in the airport lounge, but couldn't reconcile any of the people there with her (pic). Turns out she was like 400 lbs and used her room-mates pictures for the site! She thought that her personality would be enough to pull it off. He had a drink with her and politely told her that her subterfuge was a deal breaker. So, a pic isn't always the true person, BUT I myself won't respond to a person with no picture.
 statemachine500
Msg: 336
Posted: 3/8/2012 6:17:44 PM

Perhaps people who don't post pictures should understand that very few will even look at their profiles and they will have to make the initial contact (and include a picture if they want a remote chance for a reply).

Since when did women make initial contact?Men understand this and do the contacting.Who told you that women with no pic get no interest?
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 337
Posted: 3/8/2012 8:42:33 PM

Since when did women make initial contact?Men understand this and do the contacting.Who told you that women with no pic get no interest

For some reason I found it difficult at first but I have made initial contact....not often, but I have....results weren't positive....................:(

...mae
 malinhead
Msg: 338
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2012 9:06:43 PM
Online you have absolutely no idea if the picture you are looking at is of the person who has posted it,you are going on the belief that it is.Many people post really old pictures of themself from maybe 15-20 years ago.An online picture is no guarantee of what you see is what you'll get.
 Helloitsmeyourlookingfor
Msg: 339
Posted: 3/8/2012 9:14:18 PM

rickinpix,you state you have a thin body type.I see a pot belly in that bus pic.

Now that is a whole nother topic!!! I guess being an obese country means average is 50 lbs overweight!!!
Another reason for a pic..... If your not honest with yourself, how are you going to be honest with me!!!

Better yet... the 40 year old with the pic of her doing cheerleading in HS. Really???
And then you have.... dated 2009. Wake up, 3 years at my age can mean 30 lbs!!!
 gigigrongbell
Msg: 340
Posted: 3/8/2012 9:23:19 PM
I'm with dalziel13 on this. It's a privacy thing although I have sent my pic in emails when requested by someone who made it safe for me to do so.

I have had lots of contact in spite of the fact that I don't have a picture and that my profile says I am here for the Forums.

I've never been bold enough to initiate first contact. Maybe it's not boldness though. I like it when the man asks me.

There are times when I would like to respond to a post privately, be it a man or a woman, again because I won't post too much personal stuff in forums. Sometimes their privacy settings are too limiting for me to do that and it only leave me the option of the forums, so I drop it.

I have learned from the men on this site and others to trust them better and have gained a lot of insight into things I once was pretty jaded about. Men often get a bum rap from women, in magazines, in comedy, jokes and discussion. I don't like to hear women put their husbands or boyfriends down. I think the numbers of bad ones are small but they get all the ink.
 Paderic
Msg: 341
Posted: 3/9/2012 4:35:13 AM
Since when did women make initial contact?Men understand this and do the contacting.Who told you that women with no pic get no interest?

If you're getting as many contacts as you want, then what's the problem?

This is online dating and it's also the 21st century. Women can make the first move. Especially those with no picture on their profiles, because most guys are only going to look at profiles that have them.
 AJ2517
Msg: 342
Posted: 3/9/2012 6:30:39 AM
I know, to each their own but for the most part, I do not understand the no picture thing.....You are on a dating site...If you are on just for forums, who cares...I know why a lot of women do not put their picture up and for the most part, none of the resons are good ones, IMHO.....I would never meet a woman without a picture....Not into "blind" meets
 Ingemouse
Msg: 343
Posted: 3/9/2012 9:33:24 AM
No picture sends the message that you are unsure of yourself and your appearance, my opinion anyway. There is someone out there for everyone I believe, but if we are so timid as to not even post a head and shoulders pic we are only limiting ourselves and the possibilities . Come on folks, buck up, have courage, post a pic.
 FUNNYGIRLoo
Msg: 344
Posted: 3/9/2012 9:35:14 AM
I have no picture because I am lazy I had my computer up graded and lost my pictures that I had before and I am lazy to put them up again. I am going to my home gym now and I will have pictures taken.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 345
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2012 12:34:13 PM
I have been deceived by women on this site. Just before a coffee meet and greet, two have admitted they were not the person in their photos..or have gained considerable amount od weight. Pity.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 346
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2012 12:53:32 PM
Mr. Ping? Sorry to hear that. I never did understand why folks would try to pass off other's pics, use old deceiving pics etc. When I email here, if a man doesn't have a pic, I ask if he can send one. Most are accommodating. Yet as Ping points out, tis no guarantee they are the age, size and person they say they are...ah, dating..not for the faint of heart!
 Pingshooter
Msg: 347
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2012 2:01:51 PM
Moon..

It happens. I understand why someone, anyone, would put up their best (to them) picture, however, deceiving someone is worse.

People have to accept themselves, before they can accept anyone else.
 MDIYM59
Msg: 348
Posted: 3/9/2012 4:13:22 PM
I've have gotten emails from ladies with no picture on their profiles, but they all were willing to send me a picture before we met in person (as am I). While no "love connection" yet, they were nice ladies and more attractive than I had envisioned. Since I don't have a picture on my profile I think it would be hypocritical of me to demand a picture and not send one. But no, I won't meet without some idea of what they look like first. I need some physical attraction as well as common interest.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 349
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2012 4:16:32 PM

I need some physical attraction as well as common interest

^^^I couldn't agree with you more however there are a great number of folks who call this "shallow", egotistical, and a lot of other names I can't post here....Call it whatever you wish but to me? Physical attraction is truly part of the whole package. Dont care how nice one is
 MDIYM59
Msg: 350
Posted: 3/9/2012 4:38:51 PM
I don't thinks it's shallow unless all I was interested in was a pretty face. Plus I want her to like what she sees when she looks at me too. I don't want a woman to think, "man he's ugly but he's a nice guy so I'll date him", lol. The attraction should be mutual.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > no pic: worth the risk?