Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > no pic: worth the risk?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ForumsCreeper
Msg: 376
view profile
History
no pic: worth the risk?Page 16 of 28    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)
Tried the no pic risk twice. (shoulda learned after the first time) It didnt work out, at all. No matter the story, no pic, no interest at all to talk.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 377
no pic: worth the risk?
Posted: 10/17/2012 9:24:39 PM
How can anyone hope to judge whether or not they might find someone attractive if they have no clue what they look like?

And what happens when someone judges someone else "attractive" based on a fake or outdated photo? What have they gained in the end, in those cases?
Plenty of complaint threads have been started about people posting fake or old or misleading photos and they don't even recognize the other person when they show up for the meet.
On any dating site, judging someone "attractive" based on the posted photo(s) assumes that the photos are legitimate and current, and that clearly is not always the case.
 dd3va
Msg: 378
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2012 5:11:57 PM
I agree with that 100 percent, plus it's hilarious.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 379
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2012 9:22:07 PM
Not all of us who won't post a pic have "dark issues".....some of us do not post for professional or job-related reasons, but will glady send one if asked.
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 380
Posted: 10/18/2012 10:09:43 PM
I won't do no pic in POF...
Too many married men...
My pics are constantly updated
Anyone who has met me knew it was me right off & said yes I looked like the pics or better (well maybe they lied to be nice) but I never got negative feedback that way. I know others may use bogus pics, but seriously, if u look at clothes & hairstyles, u can kinda tell...
 1964armymom
Msg: 381
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2012 4:18:14 AM
I can understand why people may not for job related issues. You can upload pics and set them to private, then easily attach them to messages on here. I've not met anyone that I haven't at least been sent some pictures beforehand. I have met a couple men that I wasn't overly attracted to but whose profile and/or messages had interested me.

I don't put too much stock in the photos on here. Some I've met looked better than their pics, some the pics were misleading, and other looked nothing at all like their pictures. {shrug} Until you meet you just can't get too invested.
 Rain587
Msg: 382
Posted: 10/20/2012 11:47:43 AM
If I'm messaged and no picture I won't meet. Usually one is sent in the message with the explanation of work and that is OK. However, I have had them claim various reasons but found out they were married. A bigger issue is someone using old photos. I ask myself why are they hiding what they really look like? If you lie in a photo or age you will lie with other things.
 SSC-SAF
Msg: 383
Posted: 10/20/2012 1:09:50 PM
I've met guys without seeing their pic and had it go well, just as I've met guys WITH a pic and had no reason to see them again.

There is no guarantee that any pics they send are actually them. TinEye doesn't catch everything.
 elednuw
Msg: 384
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2012 6:45:49 PM
In Most cases people who don't post a pic don't think thier attractive enough,so its a shot in the dark to answer.I don't think I'm God's give to women but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.Hence my pic is on my profile.What you see is what you get.Some will find you attractive,some won't.I never initiate first contact if theres no pic.Its a shot in the dark.When that someone finally sends you a pic,its usually not what you wan't and its difficult to say your not interested,cause no one likes to hurt another persons feelings.Thats my 2 cents.
 bettyboo706
Msg: 385
Posted: 10/22/2012 6:47:18 PM
I always figure, if they don't have a photo, what are they hiding? Oh, some try and say it's because of their job, etc., but then, why go on such a public site then? No, no photo, no meeting, and by all means, DON'T, give them your private email, just to get a photo. Red flag!
 Dolphina
Msg: 386
Posted: 10/22/2012 7:14:24 PM
People here have pictures that don't resemble them at all, so I don't put much store in pictures. The last fellow who I met, told me he used a lot of makeup for his last photo! He certainly did. In the picture running current, he looks fairly alive; in real life his face is pale, puffy and clearly hasn't seen healthy food nor sun light for a long time.
Some pictures on pof are of models, or taken 20 years ago, or when the person was 20 kilos lighter. Nah, no picture is not a red flag for me, for when I decide to meet a person I'll request a photo of them and if I don't recognize him from his photo, I don't make the meeting happen.
 daveonedrum
Msg: 387
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2012 8:28:27 PM
no pic... 'Delete'
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 388
Posted: 10/22/2012 8:32:47 PM
No no no!!!!! No pic NO REPLY.

I mean come on! What is this, hide and seek? We've got two adults here, wanting to get together. You don't need to start the whole thing by playing games, dodging the truth, etc.

One time someone wanted to go on a date and he refused to send me a photo. There was no way it was going forward...so he FINALLY relented and sent me one. It, to this day, is one of the worst photos I had ever seen. I politely declined, and he went off about how he can get dates with all kinds of hot women, etc etc.

No. No no no.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 389
Posted: 10/22/2012 8:58:39 PM
I always figure, if they don't have a photo, what are they hiding?

And what do you always figure about people who have a phone number and don't list it in the white pages of the phone book?

but then, why go on such a public site then?

Because the vast majority of public dating sites allow profiles to be created without a photo, or with one, whichever the member chooses. No one HAS to post a photo. Theoretically, there could be 40 million profiles on here with no photos. It would simply slow the whole process down, because onsite photos guarantee nothing but convenience until you actually meet in person and confirm that the photos are current and accurate and real (not someone else).
 Rythmn
Msg: 390
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2012 1:53:50 AM
i have a good buddy who used to be on pof. he never wanted his pic online due to his small, gossipy southern town and profession. he did, however, forward pics once he conversed. only he found often he did not get that far, due to women wanting pics on their profile. bottom line: the man is super good looking and a good catch. too far away for me, but remains such a good friend. funny since we used to write almost every day, call all the time and even spend lonely holidays on the phone.

so, i'd say explore all possibilities, keeping in mind that many pics are not at all accurate either. don't wait too long to really meet someone in a safe place of course. so many put up pics from ten years ago. one guy i heard of spent $$$ on a plane ticket, only to find that the pic was a cousin and the person he met was very unattractive. sad, because in her head she was convinced he would love her inner self. the fact she lied, never occurred to her, let alone the extreme difference in looks. so, it is all an illusion til the actual meet and greet. even then, have to make sure s/he is not married and is who s/he says s/he is.
 timeforall
Msg: 391
Posted: 10/23/2012 8:50:22 AM
It could be that a person is hiding their pic because they don't want to be inundated with mail from the opposite sex.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 392
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2012 1:03:00 PM
^^^^Really Mr. Time? Is that what your case is then?
 funnershine
Msg: 393
Posted: 10/23/2012 2:29:31 PM

It could be that a person is hiding their pic because they don't want to be inundated with mail from the opposite sex.

Maybe or perhaps they are just here for the forums and are not interested in online dating.. When they were interested in dating they had it posted.

namaste
funnershine
 juliesbackagain
Msg: 394
Posted: 10/23/2012 2:57:19 PM
Why just look at these posts. I searched two pages and have yet to find someone who says they are under 50. The dating ages of 45-55 are horrible. I post a pic and am asked for a recent pic because I look too young. I am a true 48 and size 10. Sorry, I am not going to lie and say I am still a size 6. Why do singles aged 45-55 lie about their age, body type and marital status? They may not lie about all of them, but it is a sure bet they fib on one.

I have to say I'm overweight just to get a look at. It's crazy. I had a guy tell me he was glad I posted a few extra pounds because if I had said I was athletic he wouldn't have given me a second look.

UUUUUggggghhhhh.
 YAMACANMECRAZY
Msg: 395
Posted: 10/23/2012 3:06:28 PM
Really Mr. Time? Is that what your case is then?
So Moonchild, did bashing this guy make you feel superior ... some how?

I've meet lots of women with out a picture. No problem at all. I also know that most women will not contact/reply to a man with no picture - again, no problem at all.
 AJuleee
Msg: 396
Posted: 10/23/2012 3:49:15 PM
My preference is to see a pic posted on the profile. Without a pic
* I feel suspicious about what is being hidden
* Chemistry happens based on visuals, among other things
* I wonder if the person is unaware of or unwilling to use current technology
Due to being a happy user of technology I am not sure I would be compatible with a person who could not manage to keep up to speed - to even embrace it to a great degree.
So in summary, I do not have interest in a man who does not post a pic.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 397
Posted: 10/23/2012 5:45:53 PM
Moonchild said:

Really Mr. Time? Is that what your case is then?

YAMACANMECRAZY said:

So Moonchild, did bashing this guy make you feel superior ... some how?

You must be a newbie. But just so ya know...there is a very good reason why this poster remains faceless. Read his posts. You'll get it.

And Miss Moonie does not bash.

...mae
 SSC-SAF
Msg: 398
Posted: 10/23/2012 5:52:45 PM

Why do singles aged 45-55 lie about their age, body type and marital status? They may not lie about all of them, but it is a sure bet they fib on one.

Really?! All singles do that? I'm amazed at how you know everyone in that age group.

Well, let's see. I'm 54 as of October 1st (that's the age on my profile), I will come right out and tell someone I'm fat (and it states that on my profile) and I am a widow, which is also stated on my profile. So tell me where I'm "fibbing".

If you think that everyone is lying to you, you will always find the people who lie.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 399
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2012 6:02:10 PM
Awe thanks for that Miss Mae! And Yama? You have no idea of the posting history of the man that I asked a simple question of? I didn't bash him. We are allowed to ask questions so I asked. Shoot me! lol...

OT: I understand that for some, posting a pic publicly is risky due to their careers. However, in a private email they should be able to send you a pic. Modern day technology being what it is. Physical attraction does in fact play a part in the overall attraction for one another and that isn't being vain. Just stating a fact
 Boomer6969
Msg: 400
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2012 6:54:14 AM
I don't know if my pic is still on POF, and honestly don't care. I looked so bad..lol. I have lost so much weight now that the way I look is much different. I need to up date to a new pick...... but looks aren't everything, and I don't truely think it's worth the trouble
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > no pic: worth the risk?