Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > no pic: worth the risk?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gratitudegirl65
Msg: 640
no pic: worth the risk?Page 27 of 28    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)
Hello everyone,

If a guy doesn't have a pic he is usually married and wants a secret relationship on the side. I am new to this site and have already had 6 guys (not gentlemen) offer their 'services' because their wives don't provide what they need....very sad situation. I guess the internet makes it easier to cheat. Ask him why he doesn't have a pic on his profile and if he refuses, move on. Are their any gentlemen left??
 dmzvisitor
Msg: 641
no pic: worth the risk?
Posted: 2/9/2013 9:22:39 AM
You know, I think that what makes me a bit more suspicious is that as yet, I have *never* had a man provide a picture when I ask for it. I ask right away, after reading their profile and deciding if I'm going to respond to their initial contact. So they contact me, but won't provide the pic.

I'm pretty sure it is the same, even if I initiated contact. In that case, I typically write and respond a few times (if they haven't responded, they are not interested, so it's a moot point). But I ask for the pic eventually and *poof.*

I have had my pic down and been contacted/initiated contact. I provide a pic immediately upon request. Sometimes the man disappears after seeing my pic. I could think that this means I'm hideous, or that it means I'm not his type. I tend to choose to think the latter :)
 lightninbug22
Msg: 642
Posted: 2/10/2013 5:59:24 AM

I am new to this site and have already had 6 guys (not gentlemen) offer their 'services' because their wives don't provide what they need.

GEEZ!! I sure am glad I haven't experienced any of that, I would be outta here! That is insulting to say the least.
 Deepseaceecee
Msg: 643
Posted: 2/10/2013 7:27:24 PM
Men will take the chance with a no pic profile but women seldom do. If they dont have the balls to load one, then I pass on by. It screams married, ugly, incapacitated or definitely indicates something to hide. The old line about their work preventing them from showing a pic, doesnt wash with me. Perhaps if they are willing to send pics privately to your email, maybe but I would still be suspicious. If you are ashamed to use a dating site, you shouldnt be doing it. It is bad enough when they turn up 10 years older and 15 kgs fatter than the pic posted.
 Deepseaceecee
Msg: 644
Posted: 2/10/2013 7:31:44 PM
Give it enough time every woman gets the sleazies married and playing. Particularly on the week end when they are pissed or the missus is out.
 worth_the_effort
Msg: 645
Posted: 2/11/2013 3:47:10 PM
I've actually preferred talking to guys who don't have a picture. I get a better idea of their personality without any preconceived ideas based on looks. Of the men I've met through POF (5) 2 had pics, 3 didn't. 2 who sent pics ahead of time were better looking than their pictures...and their personalities are what attracted me...they sent pics before we met so that I'd know who I was looking for..lol. (they weren't the 2 that had pics in their profiles)

I just added a pic the other day, and while I certainly am receiving more messages, I'd have to say the quality of the guys contacting me is lower. It seems some guys just send a note to anyone who has a pic, without actually checking out the profile to see if there's any potential..lol
 lightninbug22
Msg: 646
Posted: 2/11/2013 3:50:17 PM

It seems some guys just send a note to anyone who has a pic, without actually checking out the profile to see if there's any potential..lol

Oh, definitely---and then there are those who pretty much disregard what is written in the profile, based on thinking the other person is "cute". Junior high stuff...just saying!
 tnt144
Msg: 647
Posted: 4/4/2013 9:57:06 AM
Well, when you have a picture beforehand, I find it's a little easier to find your date when you meet for the first time down at the asbestos factory.
 NJgallooking
Msg: 648
Posted: 4/4/2013 4:42:56 PM
You have to show a picture sooner or later. But I found those are the ones that are married.
 Thornz2000
Msg: 649
Posted: 4/4/2013 5:05:51 PM
I'd have to see a RESENT picture 1st before deciding.

I LOVE THE 200 WORD MIN FOR A POST...............................>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
 Deepseaceecee
Msg: 650
Posted: 4/4/2013 5:20:13 PM
Why would you bother? There has to be something amiss. Women not posting out front I can kind of understand but unless they provide them in the private section or by email. I would be very wary. Men who dont post them, pass on by. Does not matter what age group. After all if you are going to meet physically it will all be revealed anyway.
 4ureyeonly
Msg: 651
Posted: 4/4/2013 6:59:47 PM
Seeing everyone judging so quickly for those who have no picture is Sad. I for one do not have a picture posted due to privacy. I do send a picture when asked. Many men’s picture are outdated, at least mine is current. I think being open-minded and judging to quickly is why so many people stay on this site and have no luck. If it’s meant to be then it is meant to be with a picture or without.
 deleteme2day
Msg: 652
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2013 7:16:58 PM

Seeing everyone judging so quickly for those who have no picture is Sad

I guess you've had successful dates with people that had "no pics" posted?

I tried being 'openminded' once, it was once too many times for me. I definitely learned my lesson and I will not let it happen again.

Better luck to you.
 _FishingForAMermaid_
Msg: 653
Posted: 4/6/2013 7:56:01 PM
I'm with you 4ureyeonly. Doris Day said it well when she sang Que Sera Sera!!
 MsNutty
Msg: 654
Posted: 4/6/2013 8:48:05 PM
You know what....if someone asked me for a pic from the first message I would block them....I find that a total turn off and I wouldn't want to associate with that person.
The positive side of not showing a pic or seeing a pic of someone first off is you actually get to know or have a better understanding of someone without visuals...Men who brag about their looks is a deal breaker and you do find that some of the attractive males have ugly personalities ....another deal breaker. Who cares whether they end up physically unattractive or not but you would hope that a friendship would of developed regardless and whether they take it any further who knows but I suppose it does depend on whether you want a trophy on the end of your arm or not. I could be fugly or attractive ..who cares and I really don't particularly care what men think.... I would hope that the beginning of a friendship looks shouldn't play any part. What some people might find attractive others might not. Depends what you are wanting.
 spirited717
Msg: 655
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2013 2:57:10 PM
agreed to meet a guy without a picture and I would not have met him if i had the picture. He was not better looking than any guy I met with a picture.
 Lavenderandred
Msg: 656
Posted: 4/7/2013 3:47:40 PM
(OP)...I have marked not to receive info from people with no pixs, but most of what i get has no pix...therefore...NO...I think it is only fair to ask to see whom you might be meeting...emailed back & forth with a gentlemen sounds like a really great guy... and requested he send pix...still to this day I see his "NO PIX PROFILE" looking for someone...he responded to the request saying he didn't know how to do it...well ask someone...
I understand the don't want coworkers etc to bother you bout this, but if you are really up & up, why would you care..they know if you are alone or not.
 Kristina2525
Msg: 657
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2013 7:40:58 AM
Hi,
I don't have a picture for two reasons, though I am slender and attractive. The main reason is that I don't know how to get a photo onto the computer, don't have any recent pictures of myself and am too embarrassed to ask any of my young friends for help with this. Also, I suppose it's not that important to me, as I know there are few men that live near me. I would expect that living in a small town would be a reason not to communicate with someone.

The other reason is that I'm a physician getting ready to go back to work and I just don't feel comfortable with having my photo out there on a dating service.

It does confuse me that so many people think it is so crucial. But, c'est la vie. I don't have high expectations of an online dating site anyway.
 lightninbug22
Msg: 658
Posted: 4/9/2013 8:29:42 AM

It does confuse me that so many people think it is so crucial.

I hardly think crucial is the word--in real life, when you meet someone, you get to see what they look like before getting into a relationship. Why should it be any different on here? Everyone has different likes and dislikes, everyone has their own idea of attractiveness.

Also, being passed by because of looks does NOT mean you are unattractive, there are a myriad of other reasons why this may be. I will use my own preferences as an example. There were a couple of actors I can think of, who, in their heyday, were considered to be quite the ladies men, and also were considered very attractive to most women. They did absolutely nothing for me, they simply were not my "type". I think most people need to feel some attraction fairly early on to pursue a relationship. Unfortunately, holding out and not providing a photo, no matter how attractive you are, sends the message that you very may well be hiding something. And THAT could mean a major character flaw. When someone barely knows you, they have no idea, and there are plenty of flakes (and frosted flakes) on these sites.
To me, providing a photo or posting a photo is just a good way to be upfront from the beginning, which, IMHO is a good thing.

I can understand not wanting to post your photos, but there are instructions online as to how to post a picture, or how to e-mail it to someone if that would work better for you.
 rongoden
Msg: 659
Posted: 4/9/2013 11:20:20 AM
In order for me to be interested, I have to see it first. It's that simple
 lowmiles2
Msg: 660
Posted: 6/17/2013 10:28:39 AM
I think its worth the risk. If you meet with this person after a phone call and a few messages etc... and later find out he or she wasn't what you expected then say so and move on.

I have nearly looked at all of the pics and profiles in my area within my age bracket and to tell you the truth I'm disappointed in what I am seeing. By meeting a gal with no pic and finding her to be pleasing to my eye that would be enjoyable.
 theanswerguy2
Msg: 661
Posted: 6/17/2013 2:15:24 PM

I guess you've had successful dates with people that had "no pics" posted?

As a matter of fact, I have.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 662
Posted: 6/18/2013 9:35:55 AM
I've heard of the occasional situation where someone met another member without having seen a
picture first and it was a positive experience for them.

Unfortunately, the majority of the stories I've heard didn't nearly turn out so well.
 April1963
Msg: 663
Posted: 6/18/2013 11:05:48 AM
If the person gives a verbal description including how TALL he/she is with the current WEIGHT (pounds),I think it is worth the risk.
 PA_DancingBear
Msg: 664
Posted: 6/18/2013 11:58:03 AM

If the person gives a verbal description including how TALL he/she is with the current WEIGHT (pounds),I think it is worth the risk.

I have had fun on plenty of blind dates before. Any time you meet someone new it is just another roll of the dice whether you see pics beforehand or not. The odds are just longer on a no pic meet.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > no pic: worth the risk?