Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > no pic: worth the risk?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pinkladysmiling66
Msg: 176
no pic: worth the risk?Page 8 of 28    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)
I believe some people that do not post a picture are maybe a little on the shy side. Lets not judge to hastely.
 kailania
Msg: 177
no pic: worth the risk?
Posted: 1/2/2012 11:41:58 PM
I dont mind if a person has no pic.
but I do mind when I ask them for a pic and they say they dont know how to
upload one.
seems everyone has a freind or teenage child,..someone who could show them how.
I wont meet someone without a clear picture.
 fresh_cut_flowers
Msg: 178
Posted: 1/7/2012 6:22:02 AM
I haven't yet heard the reason I don't offer a posted pic, because of privacy. I don't want my small town knowing what I am doing, I don't want stalkers to know who I am and what town I live, I have had people misrepresent themselves and don't want them to be able to see me and there is that elusive pic snatcher, the one who just wants to collect your pic like it was shooting a bird out of a tree. There are many well intentioned people but it only takes a few creeps to make you ultra careful. I wouldnt date someone who I havent seen their photo but for safety sake, i want to vet the person fairly well before I give up too much personal information including a pic.
 cajun29
Msg: 179
Posted: 1/7/2012 7:53:02 AM
I deleted my original profile ,with pictures , and made a completely new one . I had a lady that I dated for a year go a little crazy and start trashing me and posting my pictures on other sites. I do always send a private picture with any first contact but I do respect profiles that require a posted picture and don't bother them. I guess my point is it isn't always a problem with the person that has the picture less profile.
 KatNappy
Msg: 180
Posted: 1/7/2012 11:39:57 AM
I think I might have, but I take it off an on depending upon how brave I am. I have a cell phone that takes pictures, does anyone know how to download to a computer??
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 181
Posted: 1/9/2012 12:54:29 PM

Guys never want to know a woman if you have no pic..

Not true.
I have initiated contact with women with no pics, and I have even MET several women live in person without seeing a pic first.
No one looked like the wicked witch of the west.
Just normal people.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 182
Posted: 1/9/2012 12:57:26 PM

Funny, that men with no pics will not write a lady with no pic, because he don't know what she looks like.

I have, and will continue. (see above)
 southernbabe03
Msg: 183
Posted: 1/9/2012 1:18:28 PM
I am sorry that I don't have a picture, but my computer crashed and I created this site on a borrowed laptop.
There are no pictures of me on it.
I have no way to put one on it either.
When I get my tax return, I will buy a new computer for my home and then I will be able to put a picture on my profile.
I have a lot of messages even without one, which is surprising.
It isn't that I am trying to hide anything!
I just can't put one on this old borrowed laptop.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 184
Posted: 1/9/2012 1:25:12 PM
^^^^^^
Don't worry about it, and no need to apologize.
No one is "required" by the site to post pictures here. It is only "recommended."
 ForumsCreeper
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2012 4:41:40 PM
Nooooooooo!!!!!!
 barra61
Msg: 186
Posted: 1/9/2012 9:15:41 PM
Nope: tried that ,,,, actually had to run on one occasion,,,sorry , no offense ladies,, but you had to be there.
 lifeisgreat101
Msg: 187
Posted: 1/10/2012 5:47:09 AM
Most including me will send picture.

Nothing to hide just being private
If they do not send direct then Skip

My opinion not saying I am right
 summer333
Msg: 188
Posted: 1/10/2012 7:16:08 PM
What an odd way of looking at it. Not everyone wants their picture on this site for all kinds of weirdos to look at; yes , newsflash- there are quite a few strange ones on here along with some decent men. I'm not overly shy, but I do not have my picture displayed and it would take some time speaking with someone before I would send my picture. I'm more interested in a man that doesn't have his picture on right away, so there you go, I guess we're even on that one. Too bad for the guys that don't want to chat or respond to a woman that doesn't have her picture posted.... their loss I"m sure in many cases.
 whitebirch
Msg: 189
Posted: 1/11/2012 11:20:26 AM

I immediately question the motives of anyone who can't manage to get a photograph on a dating site. People who won't put up a picture usually have dark issues, and a million excuses not to, and it always boils down to they're looking to cheat on someone... The way I see it - if you can see my picture, I'm entitled to see yours.
...Personally, I prefer someone average looking so I don't have to fend off their fan club and compete with such a crowd all day, every day.

yes, i *hate* it when i can't see who someone IS on here. absolutely HATE IT! i mean, if i were to see a person walking around a public place with a bag over their head or something, i probably wouldn't want to talk to them either. is there much difference? oh yeah, guess it would be a full-body bag.

it just seems goofy... calling others shallow cuz they'd like to see who they're communicating with? anyone who actually thinks that is somewhat strange, or dishonest since they're probably looking at photos (& making judgements based on them). we're visual creatures, & we need to know who you are. most aren't looking for perfection.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 190
Posted: 1/11/2012 1:19:22 PM

it just seems goofy... calling others shallow cuz they'd like to see who they're communicating with? anyone who actually thinks that is somewhat strange, or dishonest since they're probably looking at photos (& making judgements based on them). we're visual creatures, & we need to know who you are. most aren't looking for perfection.

Let me see if I can clarify my opinion on this topic.

I don't call anyone shallow because they would like to see who they are communicating with. That is just natural curiosity. What I call shallow is people focusing solely or primarily on another person's looks as the reason to contact them or respond to them or be with them, without regard to any of the substance below the outer looks.
A lot of women complain that they get a lot of messages from men who do not fit the "type" they have described that they are looking for in their profile, and they assume that the men are contacting them based only on their photos and didn't bother to read the text portion of the profile.
If a woman OR man reads the text portion of a profile and doesn't like what they read about a particular person, and therefore will not contact them, do they STILL need to see what that person looks like? I don't, if I have no interest based on the text.
If a woman likes what she reads about me, and wants to get to know me better, I can send a photo no problem.
If she doesn't like what she reads about me, and doesn't want to get to know me better, she doesn't need to know what I look like as well.
 statemachine500
Msg: 191
Posted: 1/11/2012 5:25:40 PM
So you see a pretty face or a nice bod.So what.I read the profile....seriously.After almost forty years of women I have learned my lesson about selecting on looks.....
 Lolita_LeBron
Msg: 192
Posted: 1/11/2012 5:46:46 PM
This is a joke, right?

How can you risk yourself to date someone that you have not viewed, at least?
 statemachine500
Msg: 193
Posted: 1/11/2012 5:57:52 PM

How can you risk yourself to date someone that you have not viewed, at least?

I guess that would be the same as you ladies saying a relationship must come before sex?Of course you are going to view a picture.That would come after you note some common interests and chat a few times.In fact I am biased against women that are very attractive or very fit.My belief is that they will be way too full of themselves.Or impossible to keep happy.I guess I have baggage.
 Paderic
Msg: 194
Posted: 1/11/2012 7:00:42 PM

Too bad for the guys that don't want to chat or respond to a woman that doesn't have her picture posted.... their loss I"m sure in many cases.

If they never see a picture of you, how would they know?

You've seen the responses on here. I don't care how good of an argument you make for not putting a picture in your profile, it's not going to sway anyone you contact. So in the end, it's your loss as well.
 Cholayna
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2012 7:24:13 PM
Nope not worth it. I am" shallow" enough to believe that physical attraction is one of my important wants in a relationship.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 5:02:57 AM
^^^What I find funny is that POF places ads for various pay sites right up there beside the pics of POF women. Of course, the ads show perfect, air brushed models, making the pics of POF women look rather dowdy at best.........

I don't know how POF women can come up with pics that come anywhere near those of the paid ads, and even if they could, reality would eventually result in a lot of unhappy meets.
 tlcme1964
Msg: 197
Posted: 1/12/2012 6:56:13 AM
I started using online dating when 40. My work hours were erratic & off the norn so it seemed like a good idea. At that time most women were iffy about posting a picture. They'd offer one without even being asked once the conversation moved off the dating site & almost always were more attractive than I perceived.

That being said, seven years later & between relationships, I tried it again. I encountered way too many games players when no pic is posted. An initial picture is a must now or I don't take them seriously. Even if they post their reasons in their essay & offer one to those who ask, it just doesn't seem worth the effort since most turn out not to serious anyway.
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 9:41:34 AM
No pic

No reply

There's no excuse unless you are in the witness protection program
 whitebirch
Msg: 199
Posted: 1/13/2012 11:02:46 AM
witness protection!

someone who doesn't post a photo due to shyness? i just don't think that happens often... (might be different for guys) i just think - too lazy or some other unacceptable reason.

i don't think it's that much to ask to "SEE" a person, really i don't.

i would rather see a photo of a person right away, along with the profile & written word (the short ones w/little info are about as worthless as the ones w/o photos). everyone is a whole package, a sum of their parts... & if they're afraid of being rejected somehow, well that would/could happen in the future - so may as well get it over with. it's not like it hasn't happened to most of us.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 200
Posted: 1/13/2012 11:52:43 AM
Since NO ONE is REQUIRED by the site to post a pic on the site, everyone gets free choice and those who choose not to post a pic are exercising their free choice just as much as those who do post a pic when they are not required to. Some people just like their privacy.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > no pic: worth the risk?