Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > I talk in my sleep.. amongst other things...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pingshooter
Msg: 10
view profile
History
I talk in my sleep.. amongst other things...Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
OP..can you cook, clean while you sleep walk and talk?
Just a thought.. (ducking)
 Becoming_Me
Msg: 11
I talk in my sleep.. amongst other things...
Posted: 11/28/2011 11:13:38 PM
I agree with some of the other posts turn off the ringer when you go to bed. I suppose you could also let people you are seeing know this is something that you do not to take it to heart. I imagine that it is very uncomfortable. I also talk in my sleep and have talked to people on the phone while asleep thankfully for me it was nothing sexual, but it is uncomfortable to have someone say while you told me this or you said this and to have little to no memory of it.
 infinestforum
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/29/2011 1:14:10 PM
Self Enlightenment, ^^^^^ Yes it is very uncomfortable to have someone tell you things that you have said... especially when it is not true. . lol I have told about visiting places I have never been. Evidently I am creative?

When people say that I should avoid the sex talk during sleep.. I wish they could see the irony in what they are saying.. I'm ASLEEP! I don't know I am doing it.

KaylieCat, Yes there was a very specific question although a bit ambiguous in my opening post. What do I do to to avoid this in the future? I am anything but comfortable with my roaming and conversations but try to keep a sense of humor. I have an alarm that sounds that I set on the outside of my doors before I go to bed. The movement will make it sound and my neighbors are familiar with it. Thank goodness I have not wandered outside in several years but yes it has been known to happen. Thank goodness I lived way out in the country at the time.

Ping.. yes.. I do cook and clean while asleep! lol Imagine going to bed and waking up to a room that has been rearranged! I lose things too because I will "put them away" while I am sleeping.

Fortunately the person I spoke with on the phone found it endearing as did most of my past partners and spouses. I'm not worried about anyone bailing because of the issue. I suppose I wonder if it is something I should warn dates about before I ever give my phone number.. btw.. I type in my sleep too. lol
 DoubleParked
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/29/2011 2:29:30 PM

OP..can you cook, clean while you sleep walk and talk?
Just a thought.. (ducking)

Good one, Ping<

I, too, have had problems with sleep walking/talking. I only WISH I would clean house and make myself wonderful meals while asleep. God knows I don't enjoy those things much while awake! How wonderful to wake up to a tidy home and my favorite meals ready for me to eat!
 SWroadrunner
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/29/2011 6:43:08 PM
My phone has a mute alarm only. I get black out nights. Going to bed sober and out cold. Wake up with queer feelings. most mornings I can at least remember that I dreamed or what I was thinking before I went to sleep. Those black out mornings... ick.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/11/2012 7:11:07 AM
I try to have anal sex when I am asleep. Honestly! If in the middle of the night she wakes up and I'm trying to bugger her, it's not my fault... I'm sleep humping. Surely, I can't be held responsible?

SavvyCowgirl
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/11/2012 8:20:01 AM
As a woman that has initiated sex in my sleep several times I can tell you that YES you will be held responsible! LOL . I have woke up in the middle of sex and thought WTF has happened here?! Come to find out, it was me :) So I have sleep sex, plus I sleep walk and I have also poured my diabetic ex husband a glass of orange juice and took care of him....completely asleep.
 SavvyCowgirl
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/11/2012 8:22:22 AM
and yes, have had night terrors as well....
 carptopus
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/11/2012 9:06:32 AM
I'd like to know this too

So do you have a question? Or are you just sharing a factoid about yourself?

Because you say

called me shortly after I fell asleep....This gent understood what happened and countered with humor, thank goodness when I was getting tired I mentioned I talk in my sleep

So he called you, you got sleepy, told him you talk in your sleep, then fell asleep.

So....when you start feeling sleepy...hang up? End the conversation?
Or tell potential dates not to call past a certain time? Like your normal bedtime?

Seems pretty easy to mitigate.

Also, I don't understand this

I have a child in the military and need my phone on all the time in case of a recall order

So what does that mean?
Your child doesn't have their own phone? Military doesn't pay enough?
You don't have a landline for the house that they can have in their room?
Or there is a chance you start into a sexual chat with the military person that calls you?
Or you promise the person calling you will let your kid know, but you are really dreaming it, and you don't let your kid know?

Your excuses seem like B.S. to me, this seems to simply be an attention seeking thread?
 infinestforum
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/11/2012 7:21:12 PM
cartopus

'd like to know this too

So do you have a question? Or are you just sharing a factoid about yourself?

Because you say

called me shortly after I fell asleep....This gent understood what happened and countered with humor, thank goodness when I was getting tired I mentioned I talk in my sleep

So he called you, you got sleepy, told him you talk in your sleep, then fell asleep.

So....when you start feeling sleepy...hang up? End the conversation?
Or tell potential dates not to call past a certain time? Like your normal bedtime?

Seems pretty easy to mitigate.

Also, I don't understand this

I have a child in the military and need my phone on all the time in case of a recall order

So what does that mean?
Your child doesn't have their own phone? Military doesn't pay enough?
You don't have a landline for the house that they can have in their room?
Or there is a chance you start into a sexual chat with the military person that calls you?
Or you promise the person calling you will let your kid know, but you are really dreaming it, and you don't let your kid know?

Your excuses seem like B.S. to me, this seems to simply be an attention seeking thread?

So.. when a child in is in the military.. My ADULT child has been stationed with the USAF in Iraq. If they get the chance to call home.. I need to answer. Cut and dry. When they are state side I am the (grand) child care provider and need to be reached 24/7 if they are called up. Stop being obtuse! (idiot)

Quite frankly, I find it funny this thread re emerged as my life has gone into a situation that changed.. stressful but not bad. Tonight I got up at 7:48 pm thinking it was time to go to work.. at 7:48am. lol I think I had a 20 min nap. lol When I got to work (late) I realized what had happend. lmao..

Iffy
 lauramae18
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/11/2012 8:12:28 PM
China. . . Any excuse Ehhh?
I talk, initiate relations, hold conversations, etc in my sleep also.
 onceagain57
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/12/2012 5:05:22 AM
yep...I do the same....some snore and some talk....
 bilby886
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 5:43:45 AM
Hey beautiful ladies! I'm having a pyjama party at my palace - no sex-

( at least none you'll remember )

but seriously I guess you'd have to be careful when visiting the relatives or staying in a hotel? - you could end up working in the kitchen or banging the night porter.

good luck and be careful
 missmaddy
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/12/2012 5:52:23 AM
i talk in my sleep as well. mostly about bizarre things but sometimes about sex. ive even called people in my sleep without knowing! the only thing that i can do to stop this from happening is turning my phone off while im sleeping. i wish you luck!
 Kariann71
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/12/2012 6:29:29 AM
Apparently I'm always having a good time when I sleep because I've been told I laugh/giggle alot and nothing I say makes any sense. I'm in my Happyland.
 bilby886
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 6:41:26 AM
thats a sign you've read too many forums!
 SavvyCowgirl
Msg: 26
Posted: 1/12/2012 12:52:16 PM
Lol... I'm not sure what room I could be found in. Ha ha
 NicoleGigi
Msg: 27
Posted: 2/23/2012 7:08:18 AM
Hahah awe, its all good and th fact that he likes it is a plus too! We can't help what we do when we sleep. I touch myself while I'm alseep, alotttt.. haha for a very long time and yes, a bit embarassing but it is what it is!
 infinestforum
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/6/2012 5:55:41 PM
and months later
msg 48 darknight48... So what did I say.. really I dont know.. I always assimilate things from the day into a specific incidence. I do have violent and suffer night terrors. I am going to the trauma clinic on Monday for meds. Recently I was assaulted and the aftermath has been ugly. Court days have always resulted on clinic days so a month later I am going. I am predisposed to nightmares and talking / acting out in my sleep and I am worried that it is out of my control. After Monday depending on the doctors advice I will be moving in with a friend. I have to get my sleep pattern on a schedule. It's not a joke. Well at least not to me.

Iffy

btw.. several of my threads have come forward today.. wonder who is checking me out.. They only have to ask!
 infinestforum
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/6/2012 5:57:45 PM
MDH.... Tell your dad he is my hero too! lmao
Iffy
 onehappyfellow
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2012 6:55:01 PM
OP and all you sleep talkers I suggest you get a voice activated recorder. Then at least when you are up you can hear what you said while asleep. I have used one in the past, may still have it in the house somewhere

Sleep disorders are not a laughing matter. Best o luck
 free4all59
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/6/2012 10:04:36 PM
ahhh yes talking in your sleep can get you in a lot of trouble. I happenned to mention a womans name in my sleep and it took me hours to convince my wife that nothing was going on between me and Isabelle(and honest, nothing was), I still don't think I ever did convince her.
 Devilsfan58
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2012 10:52:36 PM
Any of you folks taking Ambien? I heard that stuff puts the night stuff on a whole other planet. Don't know if it is true but the rumours out there are...really interesting.
 infinestforum
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/8/2012 3:32:25 AM
Free4all, My personal best was when my husband at the time was leaving for work at 4AM came in and gave me a kiss good bye.. I wrapped my arms around him, gave a big hug and kiss and said, "I love you Steven!" Too bad his name was Rob and I didn't know a Steven. lmao He did ask who Steven was on our walk the next day.

Devilsfan58, I have never taken ambian but suspect they will put me on it this coming Monday which is why I plan to move in with a friend for a while to see how it goes.

bhawk, I am guilty of all of those things and the part I feel so bad for is my little dog... the amount of times she has been kicked (literally) out of bed... I always feel so bad but for the most part she has learned to sleep on the pillow out of harms way.
Iffy
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > I talk in my sleep.. amongst other things...