Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Are there any lawyers or doctors on this site?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sexysunfish68
Msg: 48
Are there any lawyers or doctors on this site?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Why would doctors and lawyers be on this largely sleazy freebie site lol! Any professional man can get women in real life I would say. i.e. money and status. helllooooo!!! duh!!!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 49
Are there any lawyers or doctors on this site?
Posted: 10/23/2012 5:15:22 PM

There ate I dated a couple

Say what?

Why would doctors and lawyers be on this largely sleazy freebie site lol! Any professional man can get women in real life I would say. i.e. money and status. helllooooo!!! duh!!!

Because it is free and because the same people are on all the sites. In my time here, I have met an MD, a dentist, a psychologist, and at least two lawyers. I have been contacted by more but we didn't meet.

The medical doctor was short and lied about not only his height, but his age. The psychologist (not my first go 'round with one, but I met the other in real life), was cuckoo. The dentist was pompous and boring. One lawyer was, well, shady--the other was flaky.

Professional men are not always wealthy and if they are buttheads, they will only retain women who are status seekers.
 dandan7979
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/23/2012 7:56:51 PM
I am a lawyer. Though I did not use this site for online dating, I used another pay site with fairly good results. I had some good first meets, first dates and am now pursuing a relationship with someone I really like (we have only been together about 6 weeks, but we have talked how we both can see ourselves having a future with each other, which is a good start, IMO).

When I was active on the other site, I saw plenty of other lawyers and doctors (although more lawyers). This notion that "professional" people (as if these professions are the only two that should be considered "professional") don't "need" online dating is absurd. In fact, I used online dating in large part because I was so busy. I simply don't have time to spend in bars trying to meet people, and when I do go to the bar, I like to hang out with friends.

I found online dating a great way to meet potential mates, and schedule short meets, which often took place during lunch or right after work.
 ladyc4
Msg: 51
Posted: 10/23/2012 8:18:52 PM

A friend of mine is a doctor and has sex with his patients. They will never tell on him as he is a vet

Ah he's a bit sheepish,eh?

LOL-seriously, I know of a lovely young woman who is a DVM, who used that harmony site-and found love and marriage via that route.I think a lot of her issue was just being so damn busy that she didn't have a lot of time for social dating,and wanted some of the preliminaries sorted out( that particular site does hold itself out as being a matchmaking-rather than a dating-site.
Believe it or not, there are still quite a few people who hold internet dating as a highly suspect activity,perhaps this was the issue these other doctors were talking about...
Cindy O
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 52
Posted: 10/24/2012 8:32:52 AM
i met a doctor once..had a good time and the sex was incredible..but she lived too far away..(miami).
 rosa97
Msg: 53
Posted: 9/14/2016 6:16:07 AM
Good morning everyone is there any lawyers that are single that wants to meet Hispanic women single for lunch or coffee any professional men that they can box me in pof
 kate08690
Msg: 54
Posted: 9/14/2016 11:22:37 AM
I've received messages from all 3. And a detective on tinder. Some didn't show their face and sent private pics. Funny those that chose to send private pics were all hideous....just saying!
 kj521
Msg: 55
Posted: 9/14/2016 11:46:44 AM
I'm putting my order in for a doctor and a lawyer, too. :)

Oh and can you throw in a plumber and an auto mechanic. They come in handy!

Heck! Let's go all Xmas list! A handy man! Who wouldn't want one of those? ;)

I might have to buy a bigger house, though. I don't have to pick just one do I? :/
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 56
Posted: 9/14/2016 11:48:43 AM
When you say doctor, did the OP mean a real doctor (MD)? There are probably many people who have a PhD who claim they're a "doctor". People with a PhD tend to be socially inept, therefore are more likely to be on an online dating site.

By the way, it's HIPAA, not "HIPPA".

Many fake male accounts probably claim he's a doctor or lawyer.
 Chromis1
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2016 11:54:26 AM

And a detective on tinder. Some didn't show their face and sent private pics.

Fair number of attorneys on POF, both genders.

Saw a few doctors. Messaged one, asked her about a new sport she was into. Her entire reply consisted of only a Wiki link. Yeah. Ok. I get it.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 58
Posted: 9/14/2016 12:02:34 PM

I would have no problem "playing doctor".
 hemingway234
Msg: 59
Posted: 9/15/2016 7:25:25 AM
Are you looking to sue that pancake house where you slipped and fell on your bum?!
 Tiddlywinks_2
Msg: 60
Posted: 9/15/2016 9:58:23 AM
"Good morning everyone is there any lawyers that are single that wants to meet Hispanic women single for lunch or coffee any professional men that they can box me in pof"

Are you asking because you find the profession interesting or are you thinking that with lawyers comes a good salary and you'd like to be a lawyer's wife for all the money, glory and acclaim??? Just wondering.

Keep in mind, some nice ones and some dyck heads...just like truckers, accountants, car salesman and Walmart greeters.
 SambaDeUmaNotaSo
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/15/2016 2:51:25 PM
I am a lawyer from the U.S., but as I now live in Brasil, I will write it in Portuguese.
Sou advogado.
:)
 BlasphemousBombshell
Msg: 62
Posted: 9/15/2016 7:31:57 PM
I was a teacher some years ago. And now I work as a clinic director - both of those positions had high exposure to the public. I never once considered online dating unprofessional because I am a human being and like the vast majority of human beings: I want companionship. So long as your ad isn't full of sex talk or extremely suggestive pics, why would anyone but a nut case care you are on here?

I HAVE encountered medical professionals, cops and fire fighters on this site.

I have also experienced many men write me with no picture. When I ask them why they hide they claim it's due to their profession, which I find to be baloney because they were teaching just like me. Come to find out when one of them sent me a picture that he was my daughter's french teacher and she knew he was married: that's the REAL reason why a man won't show his face on here while citing profession, as far as I have experienced and from what my friends' also experienced they were happy to share when my story came up.
 BlasphemousBombshell
Msg: 63
Posted: 9/15/2016 7:43:40 PM

Good morning everyone is there any lawyers that are single that wants to meet Hispanic women single for lunch or coffee any professional men that they can box me in pof

Good find Tiddly.

A lawyer's salary completely depends on what kind of law they practice. If you work as a public defender in a poor county for social services - you can make 50K. When you have 200K debt to pay off, house and car payment, there aint much after, especially if you are feeding a wife and kids. Over HALF of lawyers only make about 60k.

The reality is in this economy, unless you are a exploitative corrupt f*ck, you are at best living comfortable. The wealthy have sucked up nearly ever ounce to the point where 1% of the country now owns more than the other 90%. These numbers should be setting off violent revolution, but instead - people are just trying to graft themselves on to someone with a little more... Its freaking sad...

(Just in case someone says I made up that stat, because I know how many trolls on the forum love to demand proof rather than just look the crap up for themselves. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_inequality_in_the_United_States "richest 1 percent in the United States now own more additional income than the bottom 90 percent".)
 LegallySoft
Msg: 64
Posted: 9/16/2016 10:13:01 PM
Me too. In addition, I am well known professional in my community, yet are not afraid to be a human. I am single and have nothing to hide or being ashamed of.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2016 4:22:27 PM

Oh and can you throw in a plumber and an auto mechanic. They come in handy!

Heck! Let's go all Xmas list! A handy man! Who wouldn't want one of those? ;)

I can fill in the bottom half of your list all by myself.

But I know for a fact that no woman wants a handyman.
 gtomustang
Msg: 66
b/c every time someone gives me a pain in the ass, i want to sue them
Posted: 9/17/2016 6:57:32 PM
The only time she wants one in the bedroom is when the lightbulb's burned out

:)
 gtomustang
Msg: 67
Are there any sycophants or groupies on this site?
Posted: 9/18/2016 5:21:32 AM
"Oh, I dunno GTO… I had a gal once tell me “now that was handy, man”…. :-)"

>>>was she hammered? JK, I know you wouldn't nail a drunk chick.
 coffeelovinlawyer
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2017 1:34:17 PM
Yep there are. I am a lawyer, but haven't used site for dating in years
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/3/2017 3:09:31 PM
Even though this post is old, we're posting for discussion--yes?

Anyhow, I've come across various men. From what appeared to be losers to very professional. I was chatting with a man who is a engineer (I forget what kind exactly). When I was considering moving to Houston, I was messaged by this super cute police officer. I've also come across some kind of guy that did something in a lab and just a few minutes ago, I was reading a dating problem posted by a woman attorney. All of those occupations sound very time consuming so they may not have time to get out and date so it makes sense that they'd try their hand at online dating. When I was in the Army (and as a single parent), I didn't have much time to get out and date--hence why I started with OLD.
Posted: 1/4/2017 2:00:47 AM
I am an attorney. That's the main reason I'm hesitant to put any pictures up. I'm not sure if I really want to be associated with this scene.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 71
Posted: 1/4/2017 7:50:01 AM
I know how you feel.

I'm a homeowner...
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 72
Posted: 1/4/2017 10:13:35 AM
I think attorneys may be over represented in the forums.

Even in their down time they can't resist an argument.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Are there any lawyers or doctors on this site?