Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 47
Great Guitar Players You May Never Heard Of...Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

ritchie blackmore (check out Blackmore Night "Fires at Midnight")
David Gilmour ( david gilmour self titled album (david gilmour))
michael Hedges ( also an amazing acoustic guitar player)
Aldo Nova ( 3 albums in the 80s and backed jon bon jovi on the Young Guns soundtrack)
Ry cooder (slide blues)

i'd be pretty surprised if there are guitar fans that have never heard of deep purple and pink floyd.

nice find with michael hedges. never heard of him.

jon bon jovi co wrote a lot of blood on the bricks with aldo nova. some cool tunes on every album.

ry cooder is a legend.

vito brata was mentioned. complete rip of of eddie van halen. disappeared after white lion broke up and hasn't played since.

k.w.
fantasy
 FFS38
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Great Guitar Players You May Never Heard Of...
Posted: 10/22/2012 4:48:46 AM
msg 6 @ thekidwicked

Yeah, agreed, Vernon Reid, terribly messy, take away the fuzz box and what have you got, a load of bluff, bit like that guy from David Bowies 'tin machine', can't remember his name off the top of my head.

Joe Satriani?? Never knew what all the fuss was about, nothing original there, apart from 'let's do some tapping in a weird mode'! Steve Vai, his student, was better.

Some great solos on the first Boston album, 'Foreplay/Long time' has some great soloing, remember reading in a guitar mag that it wasn't Tom Scholz or any of the other members of the band, anyone know who?
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 51
Posted: 10/22/2012 7:32:01 AM
TOMMY EMMANUEL AND MARK KNOPFLER...nothing better than the BIG DOGS!!
 Green_Jello44
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2012 1:49:01 PM
yukka tolonen............................................
 MrCorBoaz
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/15/2012 1:40:09 PM
Charles Christian
Grant Green
Charlie Byrd
Charlie Patton
Herb Ellis
Kenny Burrell
Ernest Ranglin
Albert Collins
T Bone Walker
Clearence Gatemouth Brown
Earl “Chinna” Smith
Lightning Hawkins
Wayman Tisdale
Cat Core
Freddy King
Earl Klugh
Albert King
Hurbert Sumlin
Junior Kimbrough
Tony Chin
Larry Graham
Peter Green
Johnny Winter
Lynn Taitt

Christian is 1 of the most influential guitarists in history. I know Stanly Jordan is well known to guitarists but you'd be surprised by how many people have never heard of him nor his work. Tisdale also, I think he actually suffered from being overlooked due to the fact that he was a great basketball player who just happened to be a fantastic guitarist.
 MrCorBoaz
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/15/2012 3:53:57 PM
How about;

Bulee Slim Gaillard-not only for being a somehow forgotten guitarist but also forgotten pioneer in American music....HE MUST be added to the Rock n Roll, Jazz and American Music Hall Of Fame.

Niles Rodgers

Al Mckay

Jimmy Nolen

Cornell Dupree

Freddie Stone-Sly's brother

Paul "Lil' Buck" Sinegal

Tony Maiden
 drakster
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2012 7:01:51 AM
nick drake.....incredible player
 MrCorBoaz
Msg: 60
Posted: 12/16/2012 8:50:26 PM
I'll add:
Tom Morrello

Dr. Know

Raul Midon-IF you haven't heard him.....you SHOULD....he has no genre, which really says how good he is.

Eric Gales

Derek Trucks-most have heard of him....I think

Vernon Reid I guess deserves mention

Buddy Guy-I KNOW every guitarist has not only heard of him but has listened to him, if not they can't be taken serious.

Maybe I'll mention Doc and Dallas Coyle but not so much.
 MrCorBoaz
Msg: 61
Posted: 12/19/2012 10:45:59 AM
Since I just posted it on the Rockabilly thread and nobody has listed him on this thread....Pat Hare... Auburn "Pat" Hare the guitarist that heavily influenced Rock n Roll, Rockabilly and Metal guitar play. Before Chuck Berry began doing his thing with Johnnie Johnson Trio, Pat Hare was doing it with the Blue Flames then later with Howlin Wolf, James Cotton and Muddy Waters. Check out Love Me Baby(Lil Junior's Blue Flames) 1951 Mystery Train(Blue Flames) 1953, Cotton Crop Blues(James Cotton featuring Pat Hare)1954, I'm Gonna Murder My Baby-1954
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >