Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Has Anyone Here Found Love on POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tim0066
Msg: 26
Has Anyone Here Found Love on POF?Page 2 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I dated a girl 3 years ago from here, we stopped dating but remained good friends, she met her husband on here about a year after we stopped dating, they got married a couple months ago. I've met him, they're a great match for each other... there are some cool people on here despite all the snobs and jerks :)
 Capn_America
Msg: 27
Has Anyone Here Found Love on POF?
Posted: 12/1/2011 3:51:57 PM

I dated a girl 3 years ago from here, we stopped dating but remained good friends, she met her husband on here about a year after we stopped dating, they got married a couple months ago. I've met him, they're a great match for each other... there are some cool people on here despite all the snobs and jerks :)

My oldest stepson met his wife here about 3 years ago, and they're adorable together; even more so now, with my granddaughter that just turned 1

Now see? Thats the kind of testimonial I`ll believe a lot more than the Testimonials section
 abelian
Msg: 28
Posted: 12/1/2011 3:57:14 PM
What? LOL! If a guy can't meet at least those standards then I would not want him anyhow!

Meeting your ``standards'' is not the problem. It's the attitude you project in the way you say what little you say that's a real turn off. For example:

Don't contact if you are married or you are looking for a "hook up"!

Although that's a reasonable expectation, do you really need to say it? Your mail settings already exclude married guys. Is it going to stop married guys who lie about being married from contacting you or stop guys looking for a hook up from contacting you? On the other hand, if you're going to date, eventually sex is going to be involved. When I read profiles that say ``Don't contact me if all you're looking for is a hookup,'' I immediately think GPS (Golden P*ssy Syndrome).

Must have photos or willing to send one.

Although most people want to see a photo, putting that in your profile conveys an attitude. You already have your mail settings configured to exclude guys without photos.

I am looking for a laid back guy who likes to take care of his woman! Are you handy?

Well, as it turns out, I am quite handy and I can do all sorts of home repairs and just about anything electrical or mechanical. On the other hand, I wasn't really looking for a woman who needs a free handyman to take care of her. If a woman was attractive, I might have considered fixing a leaky faucet orinstalling a ceiling fan in exhange for a hook up up front, but you aren't interested in guys who would just hook up with you.

Will you take me kayaking, and to the shooting range?

I'm not sure why you'd ask this. since (1) people in relationships generally try to do things together; (2) You ought to be able to take yourself kayaking and to the shooting range unless you have some physical ailment that prevents you from doing it; and (3) It gives me the impression that I'd have to be responsible for entertaining you.

I like old horror movies, going for long hikes on the Florida preserves, and swimming in the gulf. I am not in perfect shape but I do like to exercise, and I try to eat healthy!

At least that line is rather neutral.

So, your standards are fairly esy to meet, per se, but you're conveying an attitude that isn't going to inspire anyone to meet them. Also, the fact that you have almost every mail setting possible turned on to exclude so many people just adds to the perception of a princess mentality. Rather than come across in way that makes you seem like you want to meet guys, have a lot to offer and want to have fun, you come across like someone who thinks it's such a chore to be bothered by anyone who isn't ready to jump even before you say jump.

People are not attracted to meeting someone's demands. People are attracted to those who offer something they want. You have demands, but nothing in your profile is telling anyone what you are offering them.
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 4:16:30 PM
YEP!!

I had many, many good dates here (and plenty of bad ones too), but I'm currently dating a lady I met here for almost 3yrs now!! Its been awesome, and she's a real sweetheart!!

POF has worked very well for me!!
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 4:25:31 PM
Yes, it works, but it takes patience, what sometimes seems like hard work, and a positive attitude. Your profile isn't going to work. Personally, after being on here for about 2 years and meeting 60+ men, I met a wonderful man in January, and things are very good.
 911love
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/1/2011 4:33:00 PM
gees abelin! i did not ask for a critique on my profile. i wouldn’t date a guy like you anyhow. your main profile pic makes you look like a wrestler from the 1970's!

Hell yeah I got GPS!

I think those are fake to be honest

what's fake pof love?
 Capn_America
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/1/2011 4:52:26 PM

what's fake pof love?

Cybersex

911love
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/1/2011 5:06:46 PM
i think cybersex is very real for some.
 jd4real49
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/1/2011 5:21:24 PM
OP, your sense of entitlement will stop many men from dating you whether from POF or real life.
 kevination
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/1/2011 6:09:22 PM
six months. four months.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/1/2011 6:11:00 PM

Umm......NO !!!!

^^^^^^enough said.................
 curiousj1974
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/1/2011 9:01:11 PM
Well alot of it is how u present yourself in emails and face to face
if u have a high ego and your not willing to lower it 1st to chat>meet>friends>date>committ>then build to that level then yes it might scare them off..cus sometimes when ppl move very fast it falls apart just as fast
yes i found my man off this site after being on it for a year but i had my share of them high ego men,players.liers,married,not serious in what they wanted,games
 ForumFilly
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/1/2011 10:30:53 PM
I've been quite pleased with the success I've had on POF. I met a few men that I dated and I've made quite a few male and female friends on here. I have also met my fiance on here and we are getting married in the spring. He is the most incredible man I've ever known and we adore each other. I have never been in such a wonderful relationship in my life and we are looking forward to spending the rest of our lives together.

I also personally know of 5 other couples who met on here . Some are getting married and others are happy just living together. So I say yes, POF does work. But you cannot expect to find the right person immediately. I was on here 3 1/2 yrs before I met my fiance and he had been on POF and other dating sites prior to us meeting. But our being together now was definitely worth the wait.
 abelian
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/1/2011 11:27:42 PM
gees abelin! i did not ask for a critique on my profile. i wouldn’t date a guy like you anyhow.

My fiancee, whom I met here and started dating 2 1/2 years ago, would not let you date me even if you did want to. You don't have to believe that your attitude is a tuen off and that it comes sailing right through your profile, but there are those of us who have had many good dates through pof and have found perfectly good partners for long term relationships here. Those people are telling you the same thing I did.

Hell yeah I got GPS!

Then you should get used to your dating pool being made up of guys who have no choice but to accept your attitude. The quality of the guys you meet here or anywhere else depends on what you're offering. A bad attitude along with a case of GPS is not much of an offer except to guys who bring similar undesirable attributes to the table.
 Capn_America
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/2/2011 5:45:45 AM

i think cybersex is very real for some.

True, true...I just hate cleanning up my keyboard
 StealthyNinjaKitty
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/2/2011 6:26:21 AM
Capn:
http://www.ibuynow.us/product.php?id=187
Apparently, they had men like you in mind when these were designed...

OP:
I'm really surprised that having the phrase "Husband Hunting" gets you a lot of hits...how's the quality of men looking? I would have thought that it would scare most men off.
 Capn_America
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/2/2011 7:29:28 AM

http://www.ibuynow.us/product.php?id=187
Apparently, they had men like you in mind when these were designed...

LOL Jesus that's hilarious
But no, I dont aim for the keyboard
 Active_n_Funny
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/2/2011 8:42:40 AM
I have not met anyone from POF - given I have not been here long - but I do think that online dating (in general) can be a success for some and not so much for others. I have met some girls on another site (free as well) and they were cool. Relationship speaking, we did not click or they were not what I was looking for. Regardless of that, I did end up having some amazing new friends in the end.

I read your profile and I was turned off by it. It listed what you wanted without really telling me who you are. We all have basic standards and expectations - I'll admit that some are waaay up in the clouds - but we are human and we want the best partner for ourselves to commit to. As a guy, I found you to be someone who would be a good activity buddy vs. a romantic partner. If you were of my age range, I would still pass on you thinking that there are better suited women out there for me and I can contact you when I need to a new buddy to hang out with. I am not trying to criticize your profile, I just wanted to make a point by example that the successes/experiences will vary across the board so you will get a mixture of answers.

I wonder if payed sites get better results in matching people who will invest more energy in a successful relationship? After all, not many will be willing to dip into their pockets to find a booty-call so they find sites like POF. Personally, I find POF to be a little bit less "mature" or developed than other sites. I mean that I am sure POF members are having trouble finding love on this site.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/2/2011 8:45:58 AM
Nope,
It has been a full cavalcade of memories of why I hated Jr High - and just as shallow.
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/2/2011 8:49:21 AM
Met lots of gals on here, married the last one this summer.
 AnEvilgenius
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/2/2011 8:58:20 AM
Nope, but that doesn't mean it can't or won't happen if given enough time.
 Jd_27
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/2/2011 9:52:11 AM
I was with a girl for almost 2 years. This time around hasn't been all that great, however I remember saying that last time before I met her too.
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/2/2011 10:59:27 AM
I met and was with someone I met here for over 4 years,but it was never love.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2011 11:11:11 AM

Nope,
It has been a full cavalcade of memories of why I hated Jr High - and just as shallow.

I thought you were moving to Russia and working on your famed mail order woman gig?
 4ms4me
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2011 11:17:19 AM

I thought you were moving to Russia and working on your famed mail order woman gig?

Yeah, wasn't he supposed to be blowing this popsicle stand in September? I was waiting for happy-wedding-pics and notification of the imminent arrival of mini-valencias.

OT: Yup, I met a guy 2.5 years ago off POF. We's in love!
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Has Anyone Here Found Love on POF?