Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Has Anyone Here Found Love on POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Capn_America
Msg: 101
Has Anyone Here Found Love on POF?Page 5 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

Still might come in handy, depending on how well your aim is...

Yeah, I always had troubles aiming, maybe you'll show me how its done...
 JesseJamesV
Msg: 102
Has Anyone Here Found Love on POF?
Posted: 12/8/2011 8:29:13 AM
I havn't been on POF for very long. So I wouldn't know first hand. But I'll let you know when and if it happens. If there's plenty of fish, like the site says, all I have to do is cast out and maybe one will take the bait. lol :)
 home_osorio
Msg: 103
Posted: 12/8/2011 4:20:36 PM
I met my husband here on POF just this January and we got married last month. So this is a success story of POF. Downside is now we always fight mainly because of money. I am a thrift and he is a no care. I could go on and on but all I am saying is that I am not really happy with the marriage although there are happy moments but I feel like I never want to get married again if I divorced from this marriage.
 Fleuron
Msg: 104
Posted: 12/8/2011 6:30:57 PM

I thought I found love once on here, turned out to be indigestion.

OnlywantingOne
Msg: 105
Posted: 12/9/2011 2:25:39 PM
I joined this site about three years ago after my marriage at 11 yrs split up. I was 49 at the time and had not been in the dating world in 21 years and wasn't quite sure how to get back into the swing of things. I did not want to date anyone I worked with so I tried this site and a couple of paying ones - eHarmony and Match.com. eHarmony was way too expensive and match.com was a rip off.
To be quite honest, I met a lot of men on here and I would sayh 99.8% of them were simply interested in sex. I learned to recognise them early one and avoided that type. I learned that when they started an emai with "Hi Sexy" and would bring sex up in the very first one or two emails; they were just looking for a booty call. And forget the FWB thing as they ONLY want the benefits part, and don't even want to try to cultivate the friend part.
I tried to be as honest as I could be in both my profile and my pictures and always made a point of telling any potential mate that I was just an average woman, no more; no less. And I refused to let past baggage bog my future down.
This past summer I actually did meet the most amazing man on this site and we are in a very healthy, loving relastionship. We are both looking forward to the holiday season and are planning a vacation in last winter.
Don't get me wr0ng, Jeff has his issues and some past baggage, and he told me early on that he had some quirks that some woman couldn't deal with. I happen to find them endearing; one of them was his tendancy to feed all the stray cats in his neighborhood. That just told me his heart is in the right place; especially since I am an animal lover as well.
I guess this gist of this post it that I DO think it is possible to find Mr. Right on this website; just be prepared to kiss a few frogs along the way and open you heart and your mind. And above all, be prepared to give someone a chance.
 free4all131220
Msg: 106
Posted: 12/9/2011 6:34:01 PM

If there's plenty of fish, like the site says, all I have to do is cast out and maybe one will take the bait. lol :)

plenty of carp and other bottom feeders, so be careful of what bait you use.
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 107
Posted: 12/9/2011 9:32:42 PM
^^^That's so funny yet sad to say, so true about there being plenty of bottom feeders. Or be careful you don't get sick (i.e. tired of online dating) after finding a couple of bottom feeders, and want to give up completely.
 alan_50501
Msg: 108
Posted: 12/10/2011 9:49:29 PM
i have been on here off and on for 7 years know and had no luck what so ever
 SeekingJustOne2012
Msg: 109
Posted: 12/14/2011 3:14:42 PM
All I've found is a bunch of Men In Lust! They want sex after a few dates. Now now now, it's not like I haven't jumped in a time or two but I now have a 10 date rule or 3 month rule, and not because I like it.....but alot of these guys are just on the prowl for a little booty and that's it! But I keep trying :)
 Sjqueen
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2011 3:34:20 AM
Quoting OWO here :just be prepared to kiss a few frogs along the way and open you heart and your mind. And above all, be prepared to give someone a chance.
I think that's the problem, a lot of people think they'll find their prince /princess charming the first (or at least 5th!) time they try. I've answered funny emails, strange ones, those that just post you as a favorite (and never a word or gesture prior) but it CAN work! Sort of like AA, it works if you work it. :)
I have finally met the man I think works perfectly for me and I'm lovin every minute of it. We are so very compatible !! Keep checking profiles, answering emails and the person you hope to find might be the next one you see.
Happy fishing , everyone and Happy Holidays
 Normal_One_NS
Msg: 111
Posted: 12/23/2011 3:41:24 AM
Hmmmmmmmmm...
 babygirl_5055
Msg: 112
Posted: 1/10/2012 3:49:06 PM
yes I had a 1 yr relatioship with one on here and he turned out to be a bust.
 skavovie
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 12:06:15 PM
Yesss!!!!! I was the first one to be embarrassed and not have anything to do with on line dating. My roomate was using POF at the time and encouraged me to set up a profile. I had some lame encounters with a few guys, but that happens not on a site as well lol. I saw a picture of a cute guy and sent him a message. He messaged me back, and soon we were talking on the telephone. A few weeks later he asked me on a date. We have been together ever since. That was March of 2009. He proposed to me Christmas Day 2011, and we are getting married some time this summer. I would jsut like to say I was a total scheptic, and maybe I was just lucky, but I have to thank POF for introducing me to the love of my life!
 skavovie
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 12:11:02 PM
LOL i know my profile says april 2010 I deleted my profile after I met my boyfriend, but created a new one just to be able to tell everyone how much I love this site lol
 skavovie
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2012 12:22:29 PM
let me guess your single right lol
 Shelton Man
Msg: 116
Posted: 1/16/2012 7:16:45 AM
Yes i have !!! Going on almost a year now ! Lovin it ! Thanks POF!
 sweetcountrylady
Msg: 117
Posted: 1/31/2012 5:12:43 PM
Yes I did! He was and still is a wonderful sweet man! But I ended up not being what he wanted. We r still friends but guess what? I deleted my account after we got toether and now almost a year later here I am again..... fishing!!!!!
 susang909
Msg: 118
Posted: 2/1/2012 5:57:07 PM
Yes I met my husband here! and he was a wonderful man that loved me with all his heart. He died last year.
 hart4777
Msg: 119
YES and we are NOW MARRIED!
Posted: 4/22/2012 12:58:44 PM
I met someone on here only to find out he still has a profile and it anit just to get on the forms or other listed reasons. In fact he cant even define it for me so I told him to GTH, and I opened a new profile. Are we allowed to rat a profile out? Like a buyer beware thread? Or is that grounds for being kicked off POF?
 Repeat_offender123
Msg: 120
Posted: 4/26/2012 1:04:20 PM
I have been on and off here for the past year or so...I personally have not found what I am looking for at this point, but I am working on it. I do believe that both men and women can be dishonest on here, men lie about their age ...woman about their age and weight. Just be honest...your only kidding yourself in the end. The worst thing about any online dating is that until you meet in person, you really don't know who could be hiding on the other end behind their computer. I have spoken with a guy several times over the past year...finally I have decided to meet him...wish me luck!!
 InnerChange1967
Msg: 121
Posted: 1/18/2013 6:24:12 PM
LOL; LOVE THAT Pingshooter!
 CWCPG
Msg: 122
Posted: 2/20/2013 2:58:57 PM
No not yet. Have talked to a few but thats about it. I sincerely believe we have to have patience. And not to get our hopes up to high.
 alan_50501
Msg: 123
Posted: 3/8/2013 3:57:41 PM
I have been on here for about 10 years off and on and have yet to meet someone...Send an email they ignore it....Will just accept the fact I probabily wont find anyone on here and will live a single life...
 CWCPG
Msg: 124
Posted: 3/14/2013 12:01:06 PM
Hi, I bet you will find somebody on here or out in the world. just never give up. shes out there somewhere.
 ClassySassySweet
Msg: 125
Posted: 3/15/2013 11:31:43 PM
I met a super guy a year and a half ago. He was super! After awhile there were some things that I knew would bother me more down the road, but wow! He was great!
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Has Anyone Here Found Love on POF?