Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > A "Thank you" after sex? Women chime in/ men: experience?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MsMicki
Msg: 26
view profile
History
A Thank you after sex? Women chime in/ men: experience?Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
My guy and I thank each other all the time
It's a "thanks for the good time/great night/thanks for being in my life" thing.....not really a thank you for the sex.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 27
A Thank you after sex? Women chime in/ men: experience?
Posted: 12/1/2011 8:08:18 PM

I remember on particularly satisfying evening with my husband and I got out of bed, stood and applauded.

I think the OP should lighten up. If you don't want the "thank you, gotta go to work tomorrow" maybe plan it a little better so that they don't feel compelled to run.

I have thanked two men for their bedroom skills but it wasn't just for the sex part, it was the entire evening of company, enjoying a meal, great wine, the laughter, good conversation, how they made me feel prior to visiting the bedroom - the whole enchilada. It's ain't just about the O, it's the entire event.

Welsh just saved me some typing.

OP, I realize that tone of voice and body language have a lot to do with the situation - and that you may be seeing/hearing something very different than what I'm assuming here - but GEEZ - isn't getting a "thank you!" after sex a whole lot better than a "f*ck off and die!"...?

I've certainly said this to guys at times, mainly when I was too fuzzled by endorphins to verbalize anything else after the act. Except, "wowwwwwwww", of course.
 curlygrl
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 8:54:03 PM
This is making me laugh. I can't sleep so
I will chime in.

Good god man. When it's good I always
say thank you.

Sometimes it can leave me speechless and about
all you will get is a wowwwwheee.

Like Ms. micki it's more of a thank you-
for being here, showing me a side of you
that I adore and making me feel good-
being with you.

The standing ovation though has to be the best.
 farmboythegreat
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 9:04:36 PM
give this a try if she'll give ya a bj and swallow pat her on the head and say " gooood girl "
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/1/2011 9:15:46 PM
this is the funniest thread I've read in a minute OP ...

thanks for the laughs...

just be thankful you're even getting laid...

maybe u'd prefer it if you'd been with a girl who shed some tears after the first time yall have sex.

these must be some SERIOUSLY ugly women to thank yoU for sex...
 jmy2x
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/1/2011 9:16:46 PM
Can we all agree that telling a guy "thank you" right before getting up and leaving without kissing is different from a woman telling her long-time boyfriend "thank you"?
 MsMicki
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 10:40:42 PM
^^ What would you prefer after what is obviously just a sexual romp?
If the woman is sliding out the door before the wet spot dries she is obviously there for one reason and one reason only.
Why not thank someone for a sexual exploit?
"Thanks dude, sure beat the ole' vibe for a change!!"
 infinestforum
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/1/2011 11:50:33 PM
When I am asked if I would go to bed with a man, and I want to.. I says Yes. If he says again? I say Please. If it was good I say Thank You. If it was ok I say.. I appreciate your time... hand him his coat and push him out the door.

Iffy
 free4all131220
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/2/2011 12:39:27 AM
perhaps she's been without for a while and was feeling bad about herself and said thank you for making them feel wanted again. I think you're taking it wrong
 --Zen--
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/2/2011 1:55:46 AM
hmm always thought it was very odd. It's not like opening the fraking door or getting a beer. I feel you taking it a bit far as in feeling like a used piece of meat lol It is however a good clue that woman puts value on sex. Economy of gratification should not exist in healthy relationship.
 sailor-
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2011 3:24:16 AM
hmm must be me, as i have always said thx for the fun to a lady ..seeing as she allowed me say in between her knees or where ever
 Kitten189
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/2/2011 5:36:02 AM
Im too breathless after a good sex marathon to speak.................
 Capn_America
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/2/2011 5:39:08 AM

So are you a suggar daddy who gave the woman money after sex, so they thank you?

Why? You interested? LOL
 ohenryx
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2011 7:01:23 AM

welsh474 said:

I have thanked two men for their bedroom skills but it wasn't just for the sex part, it was the entire evening of company, enjoying a meal, great wine, the laughter, good conversation, how they made me feel prior to visiting the bedroom - the whole enchilada. It's ain't just about the O, it's the entire event.

Welsh, thank you for posting that. (See how easy and painless it is? Just say the two words.)

I have had women thank me. When I take a woman out for dinner / movie/ whatever, I usually receive a text message the next day thanking me for the movie and/or dinner, whatever. It is the polite thing to do. Politeness goes a long way, at least with me.

After great sex, I have been known to say things like

"Wow!"
"That was great!"
"Thank you"

And I have had women reciprocate, and I have had women say it first, before I got around to it (hadn't caught my breath yet). Absolutely nothing wrong with any of the above.

I think Stray_Cat nailed it when he told the OP that he was being "Silly".
 Capn_America
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/2/2011 8:42:14 AM

Wow!"
"That was great!"
"Thank you"

Well...welll....ummm.... I HAD MORE OF EM THAN YOU DO!
LOL

I agree with that statement. I do think its a bit silly. I can understand how weird it sounds, but I dont think its such a big deal, nor does it make me feel like a piece of meat. In fact, I think it says the young lady your with is very, very polite ;-)
*dirty spoiler warning*
If she blows you and actually swallows, then says thank you, well...that`s just good table manners right there!
 christyis4real
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/2/2011 9:57:55 AM
Note to self:

Do not thank a man for awesome sex. Turning over and falling asleep without a word will suffice.
 c_deacon
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2011 10:41:51 AM
LOL.....Rolling over is mandatory once the both of you are so hot and tired from the good sex, that you need some space to cool off after cuddling......

Saying thank you is not the problem, but how it was said and intended, and that is where I think the OP is getting mixed messages. I have had some women over the years that had such bad sex with their husbands, former lovers, and relationships, that they felt like they were not very woman like and desired. When they know that it was not them, but the situation, they say thank you for helping them feel like they did at one time.

It can be the good sex, or the contact, the personalization of it all, or other reasons, but if the thank you is sincere, and stated in such a way that you have no doubt about the intent, you can do nothing but say thank you back!!

cd..........
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/2/2011 10:48:39 AM
Well, wait. The thank you part is weird, a "that was awesome" would be a better choice of words - but I never said leaving or wanting someone else to afterwards was a bad thing. I have left someone's place pretty much right after sex. I'm not big on just laying around unless I'm home and want to sleep, and then you have to go so I can do just that.

Don't get offended by someone leaving, OP. People sometimes have things to do.
 Rangerdriver
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/2/2011 3:05:39 PM
That's what I would prefer to hear. Wow you were amazing.
For the leaving part, it should be like a work out. Warm up stretches, the hard part, then the cool down. Jeez, I'm using a lot of muscles here, gotta let them cool down before I get dressed and get kick out.
 christyis4real
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/2/2011 3:34:08 PM
Maybe they don't feel like the sex deserved a "You were amazing". Maybe it was more of a "thank you" kind of time. There could be many reasons. *shrug*

Maybe you are making a mountain out of a molehill?
 Tah,
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/2/2011 3:34:44 PM
I think the op has intimacy issues...

No greater satisfaction than bringing satisfaction to another...
 Lookingforsalmon
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/2/2011 7:26:28 PM
[ She should have gotten up, put her clothes back on, laid a 20 dollar bill on your dresser and said "later".

Maybe that would have been more of a turn on for ya.]

Welsh474
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/2/2011 7:37:00 PM
"That's what I would prefer to hear. Wow you were amazing." These two sentences are the crux of the OP's post. He wants someone to tell him how wonderful he was in bed, how amazing he was, how fabulous he is. You want validation, a pat on the back and apparently a mere "thank you" is not enough for your ego. Maybe it wasn't amazing, ever think of that? Kinda pathetic if you ask me.
 Big_fun_wave
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/3/2011 12:11:21 PM
If you knew the person well,or if you both knew each other well, it could probably go over better. What I'm saying is, then theres a lesser chance that it could be misunderstood, the way the op described. And if so, then one could ask...Hey honey, why did you thank me after we had sex? Because the sex was so great! Hopefully that would be the response
 musical_turtle
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/3/2011 12:21:44 PM
There are people who say 'thank you' after sex? I haven't done this.
I just go to sleep afterwards or make myself something to eat.
In my opinion, no talking =no complaints = good job lol I don't need to verbally glorify the guy constantly.
This is a funny thread though lol
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > A "Thank you" after sex? Women chime in/ men: experience?