Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > A "Thank you" after sex? Women chime in/ men: experience?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kcv56
Msg: 92
A Thank you after sex? Women chime in/ men: experience?Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Well most times they just roll over and say Oh god!!!! but I think if they thank me too then you did a great job.........
 FyrKrakn
Msg: 93
A Thank you after sex? Women chime in/ men: experience?
Posted: 12/21/2011 4:02:33 AM
I only say thank you when I mean it, and I have truly meant it a time or two.

And yeah, the men were surprised, or chuckled, or said "no, Thank YOU!"

I never would have thought that it was a turn-off, anyway, the sex is over...lol

I haven't been applauded, exactly, I had a BF jump up and angrily shout and point at me "YOU! Need a MUCH younger man!" and he walked off. I said, "OK" and I went to find one.
 onceagain57
Msg: 94
Posted: 12/21/2011 5:12:06 AM
Yep...if youda done that to a woman ya mighta wanted to leave money too....lol...never had a woman thank me....have had her say she had a good time in conversation....your right tho,its kinda wierd....wouldnt fret over it...takes all kinds doesnt it?...lol....enjoy
 Blakkardaberry
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2011 3:26:45 PM
Could it have been thank you for a lovely evening or thanks for not giving me 3 min of foreplay or could it have just been a nice way of saying your friken awesome in bed. I have had thank you's and later found out that was the first time that particular woman had ever had an orgasm. Interesting enough there are women out there that have not. Not saying its normal but its possible. Maybe your own insecurities are getting in the way of you truly enjoying someone genuinely telling you that you know what your doing. I known enough women to honestly say some women/men don't know what there doing and to all the women that do I say a hearty thank you. You are the reason I love women!
 Hands of gold
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2011 3:55:39 PM
Seriously OP? is this a Seinfeld episode? Why don't you find a real reason to run and hide from someone.

It's your life. . . . but I would choose other problems to complain about.
 NJ_Phil
Msg: 97
Posted: 12/21/2011 5:38:13 PM
I actually like the score card suggestion.

9.0------9.5-------9.5-------8.5--------9.5

Maybe 2 buttons on each end table, 1 for crowds cheering and the other for Boos.
 ChillinChill
Msg: 98
Posted: 12/21/2011 5:47:22 PM
My man and I always thank each other and I sure do hope it makes him feel like the delicious hunk of man meat that he is!!! Oh yeah.
 That_girl*
Msg: 99
Posted: 12/21/2011 7:28:38 PM
i think some men will take a thank youafter sex as a complimant like yup im good my d ick is good an she will be back for more..as for women saying thank you to them after sex implies o heres 20bucks on the dresser thanks for letting me relive myself on you..

i can't stand ads from men saying looking for a release

FYI isnt everybody looking for a release whether it be from money problems people who have kids an need extra help or just family an life issues in general we all mite as well have need a release on the page hell i need a release from fake actors an liars but it would do me no good because that line is so bagged up i might as well go about my business try to enjoy fun times with friends an fam an come back an see if the line is any shorter..
 FyrKrakn
Msg: 100
Posted: 12/22/2011 3:27:17 AM
^^^^ LOL

OT:

I have a friend who is trying to quit smoking, so our mutual friend told him to do the "release the need" mantra, and I told him that for all things not good for me or good for me, I am doing the "Just Five" commitment. I do five minutes, and intend to spread it to fifteen or more as I get better, but I tell myself, I can wait five minutes, or I cad "do" five minutes.... FINALLY, my dishes are done most of the time than not, lol

Every now and then, you hear him blow out a breath and slowly say "release the need" and then another breath, "Just five".
 Capn_America
Msg: 101
Posted: 12/22/2011 7:18:54 AM

Every now and then, you hear him blow out a breath and slowly say "release the need" and then another breath, "Just five".

I disagree. I think taking a deep breath and telling yourself "Stop smoking you MORON!" works just as well (or maybe not, since I started again lol)

I'm still waiting for my thank you ladies, I need volunteers!
 Caseyjones4
Msg: 102
Posted: 9/11/2013 8:21:07 PM
Thank you?

WTF? Sounds desperate to me. I would be very turned off by that, personally.
 35brock
Msg: 103
Posted: 9/11/2013 8:34:00 PM
Women have said thank you to me and I have thank you to woman after a woman. It's a simple compliment that shows he or she enjoyed the sex.
 Feather21
Msg: 104
Posted: 9/11/2013 10:11:43 PM
IA with Della D, it sounds like being thanked for a service, and way too formal.

I also wouldn't see them again! lol
 gtomustang
Msg: 105
Posted: 9/12/2013 6:17:12 AM
the only good response after being thanked for sex is,

"my pleasure"

b/c you aren't lying..well..hopefully :)
 floral2
Msg: 106
Posted: 9/12/2013 9:56:27 AM
Simply say "you're welcome". I think it was polite gesture and not some type of ulterior motive
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2013 12:06:52 PM
Never said thank you but did give a standing ovation to my ex once.

I have been thanked and it felt ODD as hell.

Like I fixed his drain pipe .

Why not just say it was fabulous/divine/awesome/outstanding/ incredible/crazy good?

Thank you? NO THANKS
 35brock
Msg: 108
Posted: 9/12/2013 2:44:16 PM

Why not just say it was fabulous/divine/awesome/outstanding/ incredible/crazy good?

It is very possible that "thank you" was their way of saying the sex was great or the time they spent with you that day as a whole was great. I don't think this should be a big deal.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2013 3:51:46 PM
^^^^^

It sounds like someone did someone a favor ( to just say "thank you" after sex)
It also could sound "cheap" depending on how it's said.

It is very possible that "thank you" was their way of saying the sex was great or the time they spent with you that day as a whole was great. I don't think this should be a big deal.

It's also possible the person was thinking it was pity sex or a duty after the lobster.
It if was a great day and great sex then they should say so.

Just answered the question here.
 wacowboy3
Msg: 110
Posted: 9/14/2013 10:41:56 AM
The only time it happened to me , was I had a girl friend that was not vocal during sex. You never knew if or when she reached orgasm . She would say Thank You, I needed that when she did. While ok, I would have lot's rather she moaned and said that lol
 35brock
Msg: 111
Posted: 9/14/2013 2:42:11 PM

Just answered the question here.

Of course. I simply have a different viewpoint. I think the people that are turned off from this alone are overreacting. At least, you can ask the person why and they can clarify their answer.
 Blueline294
Msg: 112
Posted: 9/14/2013 7:55:48 PM
Thank you and a peck on the cheek.... might not be a good sign.

lol...no I wouldn't think so either :)
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 113
Posted: 9/16/2013 11:39:22 AM
LOL, My first husband, from the first time we had sex, to the last time, all the way thru to 10 years, he said "Thank you, baby"
 OutMind
Msg: 114
Posted: 9/16/2013 1:35:55 PM
I hate it too. I don't need to hear "thank you." Particularly when then they leave me twenties. Come on. I would prefer if they use fifties or hundreds, but twenties. I think women are getting cheap these days.
 Just_Bopping_Around
Msg: 115
Posted: 9/18/2013 2:30:33 AM
I went out with a girl and we had incredible sex. I told her thank you.

She told me not to thank her because that was freaking weird.

I told her she was right. 'You're welcome'.
 Jasmine_1379
Msg: 116
Posted: 9/26/2013 6:08:16 PM
I've given high fives, thank yous and compliments - I've also received these from other people and I don't mind at all. I think it's just all and how you take it. I take it as more of positive thing because the other person had fun and that's the goal right? Both people enjoying and connecting. I think the negativity you are feeling comes more from their attitude and even intention, not necessarily what words they used. If they had thanked you and cuddled up and kissed you I think you wouldn't have thought twice... but hey we are all different so who knows?

Side note: Another approach if you really like them is just being honest with the fact that bothers you. I'm all about honesty.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > A "Thank you" after sex? Women chime in/ men: experience?