Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > running out of people to email      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BeckyHT
Msg: 73
view profile
History
running out of people to emailPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

On the weekend I had a very handsome man offer me assistance as I was trying to leave a wharf solo on the boat. I said thank you and he offered more assistance letting go lines and pushing the boat away.

When I said thank you he paid me a compliment.. something like.... "For a woman like you I would do anything"
My return comment. "Charming and helpful. What more can a woman want."

His final comments
"Wish you would tell my wife that."
"When are you back here? Want to get together?"

This is the secret to happiness.

Because this is flirting. Flirting is what makes another person feel good. Flirting is akin to giving compliments. Don’t you feel happy and very special when you get a compliment?

What a difference we can make in the world by giving compliments! A little more personal pleasantries and a lot less bemoaning about the bad things in this world does promote happiness!

So flirt away! Guys do like to do it, and I like to at times as well!
 ohenryx
Msg: 74
view profile
History
running out of people to email
Posted: 12/8/2015 10:48:59 AM

castlehillsmile
On the weekend I had a very handsome man offer me assistance as I was trying to leave a wharf solo on the boat. I said thank you and he offered more assistance letting go lines and pushing the boat away.

When I said thank you he paid me a compliment.. something like.... "For a woman like you I would do anything"
My return comment. "Charming and helpful. What more can a woman want."

His final comments
"Wish you would tell my wife that."
"When are you back here? Want to get together?"

I like this. I really do. That man has big brass clinkers.

BeckyHT
This is the secret to happiness.

Because this is flirting. Flirting is what makes another person feel good. Flirting is akin to giving compliments. Don’t you feel happy and very special when you get a compliment?

Becky, I’m left wondering if you are on the same wave length as Diana (castlehillsmiles). She was taken aback that the man simultaneously admitted to being married and hit on her anyway. Many women take objection, strong objection, to being hit on by married men.

I’m not married, but I have had many women get offended by my attempts at flirting / hitting on them. I’m too old, I’m too fat, I’m not attractive enough, fill in the blanks. Only men that they find attractive should ever have the nerve to flirt with them / hit on them.

Me, I don’t care. If she’s pretty, and an adult, I’m in the game.
 BeckyHT
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2015 11:33:23 AM

I’m not married, but I have had many women get offended by my attempts at flirting / hitting on them. I’m too old, I’m too fat, I’m not attractive enough, fill in the blanks. Only men that they find attractive should ever have the nerve to flirt with them / hit on them.

It’s all about attitude and whether one’s self wants to be offended or let it roll off your shoulders. You don’t have to take it further than a compliment. One can be very careful about how you say something, and when you say it. Don’t be crude and insensitive. But a nice compliment… can bring a sparkle to the eye. Why else do you think castlehillsmiles said “What more can a woman want” There was probably tone there, we don’t know if she made it a downturn, or a flirting question.

Intimacy can be awful, or intimacy can be flirtatious, or intimacy can be special and awesome. Oh, did you think I was talking about sex? I could be talking about sex, or I could be talking about just communication between two people.
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2015 10:06:33 AM
The lines seem to be so blurred anymore.Women should be doing the messaging.
That might decrease some of the ugly people messaging them.Of course that would
depend on the effect the media has had on what they deem is acceptable.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 77
Posted: 12/12/2015 10:17:53 AM
Why do people blame the media when things aren't the way they would like them?

I'm pretty damn sure the rituals of the whole boy/girl thing haven't changed since long before we started drawing symbols on tablets.
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2015 2:08:59 PM
It was an observation.Things have changed dramatically since those days.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 79
Posted: 12/13/2015 2:50:01 PM
To me paying compliments and good conversation and a bit of flirting is what makes the world go around.

I try very hard to find something to compliment just about anybody I meet.
e.g. Yesterday a woman attempting to wrangle a shopping trolley with 3 kids who were being kids.
Giving the kids compliments on being great helpers to mum calmed them down and I got 4 smiles in return.

Last Thursday when I was singing Handel's Messiah I paid the Bass soloist quite a few compliments.
He looked spectacular in his black suit, black tie, black shirt and white collar.
He is about 20, tall, dark thick curly hair and a deep voice that sends tingles up and down your spine.

I complimented his clothing and told him it matched his voice which sends tingles up and down my spine.
After the performance I went to him again and offered another compliment.
A little girl, my guest, 11 years old was fidgeting till he opened his mouth and sang.
Her head literally snapped up and she was fascinated from that moment on.

The Bass soloist had a smile from ear to ear.
After I had finished paying my compliments others came up and gave him more.
He is a music singing student.

I will keep paying compliments.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2015 5:05:21 PM
I agree, Halftime....I don't "get" people whose minds are controlled by "the media."
 hemingway234
Msg: 81
Posted: 12/28/2015 7:43:11 AM
As to the original question - there are new people signing up all the time..... you just have to be patient.
 a_djentleman
Msg: 82
Posted: 12/28/2015 12:58:48 PM

As to the original question - there are new people signing up all the time..... you just have to be patient.

So, someone will pop up a week before my 80th birthday then?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > running out of people to email