Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RAMPERBILL
Msg: 48
A different perspective on how man/woman think while looking at the exact same issue.Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Someone please enlighten me. What is a bunny boiler? New lingo challenged here. Thx

Relates to a seen from Fatal Attraction where Glenn Close leaves a present for Michael Douglas expressing her love for him XD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is one of Hollywood's most famous depictions of Psycosis. A simple fling with what appears to be a pleasant woman, results in more intense encounters with each attempt at ending it. Culminating in the family pet rabbit being found boiling on the kitchen stove. When seen the message you should have got was that she was going after the wife/daughter, and it was going to be soon (in the time it takes to boil water). She had already been in the house while they were all home. That was chilling.
 chameleonf
Msg: 49
A different perspective on how man/woman think while looking at the exact same issue.
Posted: 12/6/2011 2:56:02 PM
I just had a listen to the song - I really like her voice. I can see if a woman just broke up with someone how the song could hit a chord and make her cry because just about anything can at that point if there were deep feelings involved. A song by itself, not so much for me - but then I rarely cry and it's usually when witnessing the pain that someone else is going through, rather than things that I go through. Amazing Grace at a funeral is another story, however. I can hold it together pretty well until then and then it's not a case of the song itself or the words but more the memories of all the others who have passed where the song was played or sang at their funerals. I find music can be similar to the sense of smell sometimes - play a song from the 60's and I flash back - no, not from drugs (whoever was thinking it) but because it was a great time to be growing up for me.
 egowitch
Msg: 50
A different perspective on how man/woman think while looking at the exact same issue.
Posted: 12/6/2011 3:21:15 PM
I find this song to be far from a "bunny boiler" scenario !

It seems the bottom line is, that how anyone reacts emotionally to a song/movie/book whatever, often has to do with what life experiences they've had, and if they relate closely , or not. If they understand the emotional content.

I haven't cried on hearing this song - but I have had a couple melancholy attacks, as it reminds me of "one who got away" , years ago ...

Yes - we're all different ! Men, women, women and women, men and men .
As is clearly demonstrated by simply reading the various reactions here !

Keeps the world interesting.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >